Last 5 movies thread

Post the last 5 movies that you watched, rate, recommend to other Anons based on their picks

1. Arrival 5/10
2. Nocturnal Animals 4/10
3. Inherent Vice 8/10
4. A spell to ward off the darkness 5/10
5. Moonlight 5/10

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/URq7m3-SOtA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Moonlight definitely deserves to be higher than inherent vice
Anyway here are mine:
Salesman-6/10
Manchester by the sea-9/10
Only god forgives-4/10
Arrival-6/10
Silence-9/10

1. The Man Who Laughs 9/10
2. Gojira 8/10
3. The Adventures of Robin Hood 8/10
4. Monty Python's Life of Brian 7/10
5. This is the End 4/10

Rough on Arrival user, it's pretty damned good. Vice is probably a 9/10 for me.

What's your "pick" though? That has the highest score w/ an 8. If is Inherent Vice i'd recommend The Long Goodbye, Nashville, Killing of a Chinese Bookie, The Big Lebowski, Kiss Me Deadly and other OG noirs.

Anyone else feel like Jonny Greenwood's score is out of place? It's decent, ethereal stuff but just really ill suited to the material. He just signed on to do the next one too.

jaws 5/10
arrival 6/10
la la land 4/10
glengarry glen ross 6/10
little miss sunshine 9/10
boogie nights

I'm a big fan of Pynchon and I thought the movie really did represent the book well.
I wasn't big on Moonlight, it wasn't as bad or offensive as Nocturnal Animals but I found it quite mediocre especially after reading about all the hype... gay black kid gets bullied and has a hard life, so what? It was tastefully done and not so hamfisted at least

Arrival 4/10
La La Land 3/10
Lost Highway 7/10
Solaris (2002) 9/10
Fellowship of the Ring 9/10

Silence - 7/10
The Founder - 7/10
The Autopsy of Jane Doe - 8/10
John Wick - 5/10
The Proposition - 9/10

>Solaris (2002) 9/10
Really is an excellent film, one of Soderbergh's best. Have you seen World on a Wire?
youtu.be/URq7m3-SOtA

Arrival 6/10
12 Angry Men 10/10
Double Indemnity 6/10
The Innocents 9/10
Train to Busan 5/10

where the fuck did u watch the salesman? no where online or in theaters anywhere near me.

is la la land that bad?

If you like actually good films and acting yes. Why would someone praise a musical with a bad script, crappy songs and singing

no, but on Sup Forums people dont like what other people like, no matter what movie that is

>Se7en 8/10
>Godfather Part II 4/10
>Godfather Part I 10/10
>Drive 7/10
>Whiplash 10/10

I haven't seen a lot of his work but its my favorite of his easily. No I haven't seen that and I will definitely check it out, looks good, thanks for the rec.

>>Godfather Part II 4/10
>>Godfather Part I 10/10

Man man. GF2 is vastly overrated here and in popular culture. Nowhere near the first. Sort of a cash-in/what didnt make the first movie/rehash. That's why Coppola didnt even want to do it at first, Brando didnt do it. The young Vito stuff looks nice but isnt in itself revelatory, nor does it really connect, mirror or compliment the Michael plot which again looks terrific, but goes nowhere new. The door closing in Kay's face, the rift at the end of the first is just solidified.

The Fredo stuff is sort of the only interesting thread.

This board hates masterpieces that are 100% acclaimed like 2001or objective masterpieces which recieved mixed reviews (half from critics who understand and acknowldge its greatness and half of which didn't get the point of the film)

But la la land is unforgiving, insulting trash to anyone with a brain. It's the modern "I watch capeshit and this film is g8" core.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail - 0/5
Battle Royal - 0/5
Children of Men - 1/5
Our Neighbour, Miss Yae - 3/5
Neruda - 3/5

Does anyone else have a hard time remembering 5 movies they watched? I just watch movies so rarely now.

Last 3 Movies:

La La Land 6/10 about what it was but 9/10 for what I think it was trying to do which is make a new genre of film.
Last Knights 5/10 - just okay, some funny lines, some decently brutal combat but not a lot there to like.
xXx 3: Xander Cage 6/10 - I enjoyed it, was only concerned with entertainment but it felt completely meaningless mostly and even a big plot twist in the beginning was ruined. God forbid anything happened to you know who. Also shamelessly ripped off Suicide Squad.

1. Submarine 7/10
2. Under the Skin 8/10
3. Lost In Translation 9/10
4. Welcome to the Dollhouse 7/10
5. Eyes without a Face 8/10

pretty good week desu

t. retard

fences - 7/10
arrival - 8/10
train to busan - 7/20
la la land - 9/10
the accountant - 4/10

>lost in translation
>9/10
Someone likes scarjo

Let me guess you have no friends and tip yourself all day smelling your own farts.

>In Darkness, a 2011 movie about the holocaust
>Frantz, 2016 movie historical drama set shortly after WW1
>War Witch, 2012 War and drama movie set in sub-saharan Africa
>La La Land, 2016 Musical romance
>Inside Out, 2015 animation

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

ARRIVAL AND LA LA LAND

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

?

Allied - 3/10
Captain Fantastic - 7/10
Manchester by the Sea- 9/10
Hacksaw Ridge - 5/10
Arrival - 5/10

what can i say she's a fuckin qt

Split 4/10
Manchester by the Sea 9/10
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer 6/10
Inland Empire 9/10
Hacksaw Ridge 8/10

Did babies favorite movie get a low rating? Watch more films

Ace in the Hole 7.75/10
They Live By Night 8/10
Elevator to the Gallows 6.5/10
Unbreakable 6/10
Split 6/10

dumb shiiiiiit alert, bro you're all fucken brain dead no offense. this is a brilliantly-executed artistic rendition, a frighteningly accurate depiction of the pursuit of immortality and romance. ypu wanna chuckle your chubby ass off go watch ethan klein spaz out in some thrift-store short shorts. go check out george miller growl at himself in a hooded fluorescent onesie. la la land's above all that. it harnesses the flawed fabric of the condition, the spiritual dysfunction of our ambitions, of our very way of life, and distills it into sets of inward-looking mirrors of unforgiving accuracy. without bias, without attachment, chazelle shines a floodlight on the grim realities of the 21st century vies for immortality. piss on ya face shit in ya mouth you know nothing.

1 to catch a thief about to watch it but got depressed
2 rear window 10/10
3 his girl friday 7.9/10
4 how the west was won 10/10
5 barry lyndon 10/10

Deathly Hallows 1 - 6/10
Deathly Hallows 2 - 7/10
Arrival - 5/10
Sicario - 7/10
Heavenly Creatures - 4/10

all rewatches:
clockwork orange 5/10
hot fuzz 3/10
shaun of the dead 2/10
the worlds end 6/10 until the james bond shows up then straight to a 3/10
new watch:
popstar by snl man 0/10

1. Heart of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Apocalypse 7/10
2. Apocalypse Now Redux 9/10
3. Day for Night 8/10
4. 10 Cloverfield Lane 6/10
5. The Neon Demon 8/10

Like Someone In Love 7/10

La La Land 3/10

Hacksaw Ridge 6/10

The Chaser 6/10

Moonlight 5/10

Arrival (5/10)
Hell or Highwater (9/10)
Barry Lyndon (9/10)
La Loi Du Marche (4/10)
Sully (7/10)

HAH destroyed em.

Nocturnal Animals (Tom Ford) 2/10
La la land (Damien Chazelle) 2/10
Level 5 (Chris Marker) 6/10
Francisca (Manoel de Oliveira) 9/10
Himmel und erde (Michael Pilz) 7/10

why did you like like someone in love? it's Kiarostami's worst film imo

>chaser 6/10

giant fagot

what is the purpose of this meme of rating highly acclaimed films poorly?

Am i supposed to believe some autist that posts on this website has better taste or judgment than professional critics?

got a link for me please? can't find it anywhere

I liked the way it was shot and the girl was qt. 7 isn't really a high grade but I enjoyed the symbolism.

ha ya he's giant faggot about alot of things. little fag's got nothing to tell the world & will die alone and unfulfilled at this state. disgusting uninformed pissant.

arrival is shit and so are you

X men 1st class 7/10
X men days of future past 8/10
X men apocalypse 6/10
The Force Awakens 6/10
Return of the Jedi 7/10

Sorry my guy, but it was waaaay too hollywood for me. Spend the entire movie showing the main character as a badass and the killer as a wimp and then expect me to believe their fight was going to be even sided...why even waste all that time on that shit? and then the police shows up just in time to stop him from killing him. Oh and I'm sure glad they showed him in the hospital besides the little girl's bed because an earlier scene didn't already make it clear he was going to take care of her.

Those are pleb's choice

1. Branded to Kill 8/10
2. Hunt for the Wilderpeople 8/10
3. Hell or High Water 6/10
4. Invasion of the Body Snatchers 7/10
5. Eddie the Eagle 4/10

don't be mean to people who aren't 100% w and have no actual taste
/HAPPA/

There a lots of films that Sup Forums likes that are generally highly rated.

How can you possibly think La La Land was a 3 but Hacksaw Ridge was a 6? What the fuck kind of standards are those?

>rating centenary Tuga

I like your style, mate

Hope shitty Portuguese acting looks better if you don't capisce the language

yes

Part 1 is the best out if those and is a 8/10 easy.

The worlds end 6
The conversation 8
Rosemary's baby 8
Arrival 7
Indagine su un cittadino al di sopra di ogni sospetto 8

La la Land was a legit piece of shit.

La La Land 7/10
How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days 4/10
Arrival 6/10
Green Room 8/10 shit ending though
don't even remember anything else

>meme
T. La la land faggot shill

Like this user says

>shit ending though
literally wrong

I get why somebody wouldn't like La La Land but your standards are really fucked if you think Hacksaw Ridge was better. The first hour of that movie could've been written by a robot, it was so cliche and boring.

>The Taking of the Pelham One Two Three (74 version) 4/10
>Serpico 6/10
>The French Connection 7/10
>Ace in the Hole 7/10
>Arrival 3/10

Remember folks, 5/10 is a perfectly average movie. Not a bad one.

>Patrick Stewart walks away briskly
>gets capped in the head

muh catharsis

It was better though. Perhaps the 6 is too high, but it's just an eh movie and not a complete piece of shit.

>Manchester by the sea-9/10
I see this meme has gained full traction.

It's 6/10 at best. Affleck just stares at his shoes and mumbles, and there's not nearly enough Michelle Williams.

you are trying way too hard for anonymous imageboard

I found the acting quite to my liking actually, actors looking into the distance or straight into the camera helped with relating to the story and modernized it

Oh Boy - 5/10
Edge of Seventeen - 5/10
Adaptation - 7/10
A Serious Man - 10/10
Arrival - 6/10

Serious Man and Adaptation were rewatchs

>Ace in the Hole 7.75/10
>3 his girl friday 7.9/10

Kys

You have obviously never heard a Portuguese person talking in real life

Did someone say they liked LA LA LAND? I'm here to police your ratings and samefag

Silence - 8/10
Manchester by the Sea - 7.5/10
La La Land - 8/10
Moonlight - 9/10
Arrival - 8/10

I like movies

All of my this.

There are some weird people (many of them critics) who think GF2 > GF1. Because two stories are better than one, apparently ...

what other fucking ending do you think he was gonna have in that situation, they let him live because reasons?

IDK MAN
I still love that movie it just seemed a little anticlimactic
of course he needed to die, just wish it would have happened in a cooler way

>masterpieces that are 100% acclaimed like 2001
2001 is a con trick. The homicidal computer is completely irrelevant to the plot. It's just a device to stop viewers dying of boredom as the spaceship crawls towards Jupiter, where the real plot kicks in again.

After the opening sequence, you literally have to wait two hours for anything relevant to happen.

>t.
Retard.

>everything I don't like is one person
Schizo

He goes crazy because he knows the true purpose of the mission and thinks the humans will fuck it up.

A 8/10 score to Arrival and La La Land and only a 7.5 to Manchester say otherwise.

Do the Right Thing 4/5
The Ladykillers 3/5
Silence 2/5
The New World 5/5
Miles Ahead 4/5

>barry lyndon 10/10
Greetings, fellow patrician. Best thing Kubrick ever did.

Silence - 7/10
Manchester by the Sea - 6.5/10
La La Land - 2/10
Moonlight - 8.5/10
Arrival - 3.5/10

Poor little pleb. Here, have a (You).

Philomena - 10/10 (one of my favorite films)
The Wailing - 7/10 (pretty overrated, I liked the opening, disliked the goofy bumbling cops and the supernatural elements)
24: Redemption - 7/10 (A good 1.5 hr episode of 24, no more no less)
Last Knights - 6/10 (Decent film, the multi-ethnic cast bothered me... I couldn't place where in the world it took place. The acting was good but the story was straightforward)
Manchester By the Sea - 9/10 (Brilliant, simple, naturalistic, spot on acting, not too flashy.)

At last, someone with wisdom!

Way better than that MUH ALIENS 2001

Jesus christ get a taste you huge pleb

I think that this opinion that something mediocre should rate higher than something interesting and unique is a trash opinion. Whatever failings you think La La Land has that make it be worse than average, at least it tries something interesting. A movie like Hacksaw Ridge which is completely by-the-numbers (when it isn't going for cringy over-the-top gore) is infinitely less worth watching than La La Land. I've seen Hacksaw Ridge before in a dozen other movies. I can't say the same for La La Land.

I would say that La La Land isn't worse than your average film just based on metrics like narrative, style, acting, and thematic content, but even ignoring that, don't you think a rating system has to consider originality?

That was an attempt at retconning in 2010 (which is a better film.) There's no explanation of this in 2001.

Arbitrage, Margin Call, State of Play... political/corporate thrillers.

Krampus, Bug

>disliked the goofy bumbling cops
thats the korean crime films trademark

>liking beginners and edge of seventeen
tell me your account so i can block your embryo ass

BEST: Paths of Glory
WORST: Fear and Desire
FAVORITE: Dr. Strangelove
OVERRATED: The Shining
UNDERRATED: The Killing

>watches for the plot
>takes plot literally
>tries to sound smart and fails

>There's no explanation of this in 2001

Read the fucking novella that was written in conjunction.

The movie is simply a visual representation of it while the novella has the real story.