What's the scariest movie that wasn't intended to be horror?

What's the scariest movie that wasn't intended to be horror?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mw_HKzo9Ync
youtube.com/watch?v=FdyknT4uchM
youtube.com/watch?v=9KuhAGf0A7Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if i saw this at night walking through the woods i would literally find a black cock and suck it

does Zodiac count as a horror movie?

THE WORK OF ONE WHO CONSORTS WITH BEASTS!

I dont think Ive ever seen a single movie that TRULY made me scared. Name one (1) for me Sup Forums I dare you

Return to Oz

Every day retarded 90's born faggots post about movies that "really fucked them up" You all disgust me.

That's a pretty good answer.

An Inconvenient Truth/Before the Flood

The Vamonos, Children scene from Signs. I saw it when I was 11 or 12 and it REALLY freaked me out. I couldn't finish watching the movie and had trouble sleeping for months. Saw Aliens hiding behind bushes on my paper route.

The thing is, I'd seen plenty of 'scarier' movies before then, The Blob with Steve Mcqueen, Alien, even Akira and Armitage (thanks dad), but that fucking alien marching past and GLARING into the camera terrified me.

OP here, forgot my pick. The Mothman Prophecies.

Story behind this op?

I think it was part of some art installation. I am not certain though as I found it here myself a year ago. Reverse image search yields nothing?

Randomly finding this in a forest would be so cool.

Sorcerer
Pan's labyrinth
Miracle mile
Mulholland drive
Lost highway
Inland Empire
The Vanishing
L'Avventura (i don't know why there's somerthing weird with this movie imho)

Mothman Prophecies
It's not horror... it's just really eerie and unsettling.

this

The Matrix fucked me up when I first saw it. Couldn't get past the part where he wakes up in the pod and pulls the tube out of his neck

You're right. Conventional movies can never be truly scary because the low frame rate constantly reminds you that they're not real. We need at least 120fps before genuine horror movies can be made.

Reverse image search DOES yield results. It's a sculpture someone made in the southern part of the USA.

FPBP!!

Watch Picnic at Hanging Rock you'd love it

>Reverse image search DOES yield results
>and here they are so you don't need to do it
Not much point in telling them that they can look for it, is there?

The rabbit's cock to appease it?

Oh shit I know what you mean. There was a similar scene in The Signal (2014) movie, where they were re-looking at some camera footage and they noticed a fucking alien monstrosity behind some tree. Still gives me the creeps

They Look Like People really scared me. It dealt with tension very effectively too

anomalisa

thanks for your recommendation!
just watchd the trailer
looks pretty gud

DAMN felicity jones looks like THAT

This movie was very uncomfortable to watch.

>that pedophilia undertone the entire movie

Who am I kidding, Sup Forums will love this

Always been terrified of aliens. This movie and that scene in particular scared the shit out of me. Haven't seen anything that scared me recently and I watch a lot of horror shit. The only other movie monster I think that has gotten to me is The Grudge monster.

How would that help?

it wasn't that memorable. wouldn't watch again desu.

I wouldn't mind that sucking my dick to be honest.
Like on pure visual appearance alone.

In the Mouth of Madness (with the kapitan from Das Boot) had some creepy scenes, eg. that fucking motorway scene with the bicycle guy

>Armitage
The...Japanese OVA?
How'd that scare you at all?

OH shit, finally a thread to post this video

Now probably most you guys knows this already, but watch this if you don't know and tell me if this isn't creepy as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=mw_HKzo9Ync

This. The oompa loompas also creeped me the fuck out as a kid.

>top comment Wil Wheaton
fucking ruined

Kinda spook. Makes me think of Day of the Triffids

I was like 6, it's pretty dark and violent for a six year old.

Yes, it's creepy.

You know it's not real, right?

if someone hijacked a channel and did this it'd be pretty good

but just making a vid like that is who cares tier

I feel like I'm the only one in the world but here goes:

I was absolutely terrified of the dead witch's legs curling up under Dorothy's house as a kid. It literally scarred me for whatever reason and I had to close my eyes during that scene every time.

There's this second clip made by the same guy which isn't commentbombed by Wheaton for a change, though I think the first one is more creepy

youtube.com/watch?v=FdyknT4uchM

real life

Real life is 60fps so have it at 120 on screen would be a mute point anyway

wait for the biopic of your life to come out

For some reason corruption really scared/upset me as a kid.
I can't remember exactly but there's some scene in the Matrix where a guy in a suit turns an old lady into a copy of himself, and it upset me to no end.

Fuck me I didn't even include the title of the movie. Wizard of Oz obviously.

You're not alone m8, that scared the shit outta me when I was a kid, and I can't explain why

Grant us eyes!

that got me too as a kid

Same here dude. I saw Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby in the theatre when I was 10 and a trailer for the Grudge 3 played right before it. It was a matinee but I still couldn't fucking sleep that night, was the only time in my life I violently shook with fear.

It's gave/gives me a huge boner. Robotic corruption, especially the cheesy kind like Is my fetish

>NOW WATCH ME WHIP

I know this thing. Had to go to Cheekwood to take pictures for some school project. It's a pretty neat place but this is easily the coolest thing there.

I actually have a corruption fetish too now but as a kid it really bothered me.

The Elephant Man. I saw it when I was like 3 and it made me deathly afraid of deformities for years. Now though its a favorite movie of mine.

This is the correct answer

Well thanks to your pic all I can think of is Donnie Darko

I remember the first time I drank an energy drink I spent the whole night writing a script featuring an ant-colony like race of hormone-modified people who were "programmed" as such that whenever they look at the moon, they get insane cluster headaches to deter them from thinking about the above/outside world.

more unnerving than the xenomorph

That scene was brutal, great antagonists imo.

The ending of Apocalypse Now
Home invasion scene from Terminator
Bug scene from King Kong
Se7en
The oil rig explosion from TWBB

Judge Doom would scare the shit out of me at the end of Who Framed Roger Rabbit

What did he mean by this?

Thrads

Fuck that movie

That second part reminds of a Lovecraft story but fuck me if I can remember it

Source?

I like it

Signs

Fucked me up as a kid

I was too fucking young to see that. The leeches were by far the worst part. The way his screams gets muffled, how he keeps on swinging the machete... fucking bravo Jackson.

Fire Walk With Me

Fantastic Planet freaks me right the fuck out, I've yet to sit through the entire thing.

Something about Unicron in robot mode always bothered me as a kid.

I'd genuinely have a hard time thinking of a worse way to die

>There will never be a spinofff about the boat crew going about doing smuggling shit

Who in their right mind would watch this shit, guaranteed mental scar for life

Thanks brah. The big theme ended up being human rights, but not in a pop culture liberal way -- more like the depraved shit that goes on in China. Kids getting stomped on the sidewalk, people getting electrocuted into paralysis and then catching fire because of loose wires, that kind of shit.

The same movie that has a huge gorilla sliding around on ice with Naomi Watts in the NYC moonlight.

When I was 10 or 11 I got legit scared with jeepers creepers. Then there is this movie called something like the castle in the mountain... about a monster kept in a castle, Its an italian horror movie and I haven't seen it again since then, Cursed castle I think the name is...

Also gave me a boner. The whole bugs on the island alternated between making me hard or just enjoying the variety of giant bugs they put in (and the decent cgi). Honestly I would've liked if if they spent the whole movie trekking through the jungle

Leaves you feeling completely void.

youtube.com/watch?v=9KuhAGf0A7Q

The part where the photo of his dead wife suddenly opens her eyes LITERALLY made me jump in my seat. I don't know why, I was just not expecting it at all. Most ridiculous movie that ever scared me.

this. i remember watching this with my friend and when this guy got melted and started screaming help me in that fucked up voice we both looked at each other like wtf. the whole movie is cartoonishly ultra violent but this scene just feels especially horrific and it comes out of nowhere

What the fuck man.

>winks before getting swallowed whole

What did he mean by this?