youtube.com/watch?v=dmeSGwVBoao
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

:)

No QOTD?

THIS THREAD IS A FRAUD!

reminder that generals are chat rooms for retards

reminder that generals are where discussion goes to die

kys faggot

Simple threads are better. The last one, with all the shilling and gayness was an abomination

letterboxd.com/DPIW73/

Here's one:
why the fuck doesn't Letterboxd have message boards yet?

Previous thread: (Please link this in the OP, in the future)

Kill yourself

It would just be bitching about how the movie didn't have enough one-legged, transgendered Muslims or something.

Should I go and watch Multiple Maniacs or Throne of Blood tonight or moonlight with a friend

you should kill your self

Do them all

dead edition

rest in piss

It would be nice if that as the case because lbgers are necking themselves :)

I think old /lbg/ was filled with people that drank themselves into oblivion alone in their empty studio flats all day, whereas new /lbg/ is normie college kids that still live with their parents when they're not in the dorms.

>people that drank themselves into oblivion alone in their empty studio flats all day
i quit drinking

now i just shitpost myself into oblivion alone in my flat all day with history's greatest kino playing in the background all day

Revamped list of greatest art films using following criteria: Focus on realism and historical/societal/psychological/documentarian focus; adaptations dismissed for being connected with other medium; dismissal of "trash" genres; propoganda disconcerned due to affiliation with state or body of people rather than individual.

Intolerance, Nanook of the North, The Last of the Mohicans, Crainquebille, Napoleon, Oktober, The Passion of Joan of Arc, The Battles of Coronel and Falkland Islands, Man With a Movie Camera, King of Kings, The Gold Diggers of 1933, L'atalante, Pepe le Moko, Redes, Make Way For Tomorrow, Young Mr. Lincoln, The Rules of the Game, Citizen Kane, Children of Hiroshima, I Vinti, On the Waterfront, Journey to Italy, Le Beau Serge, 400 Blows, Contempt, Au Hasard Balthazar, Andrei Rublev, Empire, Medium Cool, Husbands, Out 1, Scenes from a Marriage, The Last Movie, Badlands, Nashville, Jeanne Dielman, 23 quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles, Real Life, Koyaanisqatsi, Three Colors Trilogy, Close-Up, Pulp Fiction, Boyhood

Feel free to interject and suggest others.

Scrap "Make Way for Tomorrow" based on play which was based on novel.

Why 'art films', not just films?
What are these trash genres and why they are dismissed?
There's a concern with the individual instead of the collective, but film is usually very collaborative, and many of these films are very much studio-developed, so isn't that a huge contradiction?
Empire is more installation than cinema, a dare. Very few have ever actually watched it. It's ridiculous to claim it as greatest anything.

In itself it's a strong group, full of masterpieces, but the principles in which it's built seem very simplistic or prejudiced.
But if that's your intention with the limiting criterias, then okay. But then too, taking it too seriously is hard.

>adaptations dismissed for being connected with other medium
I believe Last of the Mohicans is based off of a novel

Haha

t. reddit

Yes, we know you are if you defend that.

What does "include me in the people section" mean?

Why does intellectual conversation have you hot and bothered? Is it because you're a low IQ subhuman retard and can't discuss unless everyone is down to your level? Why don't you go back to Sup Forums my friend.

>52nd day of the year
>only seen 30 movies

I really don't get your point, believing there is one. What intellectual conversation, if existent, I am complaining about?

Times are hard. I'm struggling to keep 1

>52nd day of the year
>only seen 54 movies, 31 films and 29 flicks

You're right, my reasoning for criteria is loose. But that's because I'm still trying organize pure cinematic theory or what reaches close to it as I mentioned earlier in the last thread Robert Altman stated on the Dick Cavett Show there never had never been a true movie made yet due to the insistence on abiding by adaptation and intermingling with other mediums youtube.com/watch?v=nZpcVU_Ugvg&t=2s

The distinction of art films is to focus on pure cinema (wholly independent cinematic relationship with reality, fiction, history, and philosophy) abiding by tenets of Altman's oeuvre. The dismissal of "trash" genre's is not to belittle them. I took that quote from a film reference text I read. As individual vs collective, I'm not referencing auteur theory, as I too believe in the collaboration (i.e. improv). That criteria was implemented because a text I read dismissed many classical Soviet works as being state-focused rather than personal.

>in depth review = 3 likes
>one liner joke review = 45024727 likes, 232952 comments
Letterboxd is silly.

yeah but how many kinos

>tfw I know friend has feelings for me
>Hey user, let's see Moonlight
>suggest Hidden Figures instead, in case he tries to make a move

Do Throne of Blood, user

Cavett interviews were always a strange mix of comfy and awkward

Dodged a dangerous one there, mate. Keep your three eyes open

Moonlight will basically give him a free pass at your boipussi. Do as said.

Which one of you autists is this?

What would you say is the purpose of reviews? Convincing others to watch/not watch a movie? Trying to make others open their eyes to an aspect of the movie you assume they will ignore otherwise? Or simply expressing what the movie means to you?
I mean since everyone will be affected in a different way by a movie given their own personal life experiences and the way they developped their taste.

Best post ITT.

You misquoted

>Convincing others to watch/not watch a movie?
20%
>Trying to make others open their eyes to an aspect of the movie you assume they will ignore otherwise?
25%
>Or simply expressing what the movie means to you?
55%

Just took out of my ass, but It's an honest guess

That's like being followed by the letterboxd tranny.

Rosenbaum I can take because he's always been on that side, but also is a very interesting writer and explores many things. But someone like AO Scott is a big disappointment, the way he turned into an sjw in the last years is very sad. NYTimes is a bad place for people.

Black mountain side had all the things i like in horror, but it never came together. Both the script and the acting is missing something. The lack of close ups may have been a stylistic choice but i think it affects the film in a bad way, you never feel close to the characters. Their emotions doesn't translate to the viewer . The feeling of paranoia and dread isn't portayed effectively. I like the ideas but barely anything is done with them. The movie kinda just gives up in the last 10 mins and it just ends. I would still rec it though.

letterboxd.com/Jester851/

Crank 3 when?

What would the plot be like?

Chev Chelios must get cucked every 10 minutes in order to survive

Why aren't these threads so lively anymore?

Well, I just failed a very important job interview to the point where the recruiting manager was smirking while writing down my answers.

I guess there's no hope. Any kinos on this, /lbg/?

Well this isn't so related but the guy from Lonesome Jim is a complete loser who steals from his mom and has no job. It felt good watching it. You've probably seen it already though.

It seems just today. Last days were normal traffic.
It's good and bad

What was the job?

letterboxd.com/drew1992/

I'm sorry to hear about that, user. That's a shitty thing for a recruiting manager to do.

Not a kino like your situation, but if you want to feel some sort of nice feel, then watch Wild Tales

Wild Tales is terrible, you are only shilling it because you are argentinian.

@79665201
nice blog

youtube.com/watch?v=pNv5g_9EliQ

>Wild Tales is terrible

Watch Klown then!

Xenofeminism, whether Cuboniks meant for it to do this or not, opens a lot of flows, in a Deleuxian sense (the same sort of sense Nick Land starts from); it enables the revaluation of small-group interests as equivalent to large-group interests. In this way it's super rightwing and, in fact, literally reactionary; it reinvokes aesthetics as a political impetus and gives examples of how a lot of standing political energies can be directed thereto, that is to say, the energies presently going into biology revisionism and such-type gender activism; instead of inexcusably trying to write-over the reports we receive from reality, we may instead speak of 'an innovation of reality'; a gender-category or, at least, a gendered event may not occur in biological nature, but with the emergence of technological nature (what hyperactive punk-theorists are making us call a cyborg nature), it can and will. In this respect, on an expanding, techno which eventually annihilates religion, one can expand the demand for xenofeminist justifications will go up, up, up - which, in the NRx conception of neocameralism including its unconfessed conception of a tendency thereto, would equal the solution: XF has a legitimate claim as a potential organisation-principle/culture for advanced/posthuman societies, as we move toward these.

I take hormones because I experience dysphoria without them, and would prefer it were my body to become as feminine as possible

Kill yourself, embryo piece of shit.

On the note of RS, reminder it's one of the best films of the decade

Wild Tales is bad, you only like it because it was made in your meme country.
>you didn't let me pass so let's pee in each others cars and then kill each other

This is what happens when you twist words around until the words shape your reality rather than actual experience.

Dude, I'm Canadian.

How can you like that movie, I honestly don't get it.

By the way did you know that the highway desert scene is directly taken from a Chinese movie called No Man's Land that came out the year before?

Did you know that Rings copied the plane scene? :3

the plane scene was the dumbest thing I've seen at a movie theatre, if it weren't so short I would have left

The dumbest thing I've seen at a movie theatre was someone jerking it to the Spongebob theme song.

>73 films this year

Debt collection. The pay was decent too.

Yes, you're an embryo, we get it

I'm not the one with objectively bad taste.

>tries to shit on a great film with Sup Forumslisms
>says I'm the one with bad taste
Stop pestering around, embryo

>name calling
Anyway what did you like about the movie? Okay so 2 of the stories were decent, the rest was a mess.

>"2 of the stories were decent, the rest was a mess"
>already trying to turn around
Stop trying to appease me. E-M-B-R-Y-O

Well I guess now I know what kind of people like Wild Tales.

Your opinion on cinema is very important for everybody, embryo.

follow me plz
letterboxd.com/Adecool/

letterboxd.com/machill54/

Divine has the greatest screen presence of anyone in the history of cinema

Crank 3: the musical
Jason Statham has to sing or he will die

>Divine has the greatest screen presence of anyone in the history of cinema
no i'm sorry that would be judy garland

Ronald seems to be easily impressed

Do you enjoy being unemployed?

Don't post here unless you have 1k+ films logged

ok

I love too watch and enjoy films

what of my last 4 would you not give a heart? Multiple maniacs, free fire and John wick are all fairly fantastic

pic related is the dumbest shit ever

Actually, I have never seen a Waters film, they always seemed exploitative colorful 'trash'. Unexpected move from Criterion.
And John Wick was so similar to thousands of other action tough guy films.

>Unexpected move from Criterion
early John Waters is highly regarded though as far as cult films go, and Criterion isn't shy about releasing such niche films (Eraserhead, Repo Men, a dozen or so low budget horror and sci-fi films in the mainline and Eclipse, etc.) so it makes sense

I would recommend giving multiple maniacs or pink flamingos a watch (the only ones I've seen)
The depravity is an outlet for immense creativity, they really are unlike anything else I have ever seen, low budget but really competently made. Noticed posters on the wall in pink flamingos of Pasolini, Polanski, Meyer, the films are insane but there is a real precision to them

And John Wick I think is more hyped than it probably deserves to be, but the fluidity of the action scenes definitely puts it a league above 'thousands' of similar films.

Which is very positive for cinema of them, expanding their own catalogue with weird and dirty.

Thanks for the sell, mac. Will dive.

np
part 2 of essay thing if you/anyone cares

youtube.com/watch?v=dmeSGwVBoao