Is there a scene more cringey than this in the history of television?

Is there a scene more cringey than this in the history of television?

How can someone unironically watch this and think Breaking Bad is the greatest TV show ever made?

youtube.com/watch?v=I02BxxD2M0E

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bDDAClMibkM
youtube.com/watch?v=WOOw2yWMSfk
youtube.com/watch?v=-jYOcb2WMGU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

B-B-B--BONFIRE

>scene intentionally cringey
>cringes and calls it shit
Wow, you're smart

>Making false claims about the intentions of the scene to protect your precious show

Wow really makes you think

youtube.com/watch?v=bDDAClMibkM

yeah because the scene was clearly about making walt look cool with no subtext at all

you dumbass

Yes I can agree, simply because they didn't pick a better knife party song like Power glove and didn't have a race instead of revving their engines in place.

it's really bad though. Breaking Bad is still king of TV shows tho.

I will never understand anyone who thinks this scene was meant to be cool.

The entire dynamic is that Walt is a fucking loser trying to use his money to make his son think he is cool.

This plays into the larger dynamic of Walt being a fucking loser who is using this foray into the drug trade to try and make himself feel like a cool man. Do you think they accidentally picked a fucking pork pie hat for him to wear? That the scenes featured here showing an old man driving up in a new gaudy car right next to his son's over the top sports car are done completely seriously?

The entire fucking point of the scene is that it's cringe. It's to show that Walt is a fucking loser. It's to show he has become detached from reality in order to use his drug money to impress his son because no matter how much money he makes he still can't figure out how to make his son or family actually respect him.

>The entire dynamic is that Walt is a fucking loser trying to use his money to make his son think he is cool.
Too bad that the show forgets that later on and falls for its own bullshit of "Walt the bad ass"

I'm deaf. Can someone tell me what's happening in this picture?

[REVVING INTENSIFIES]

It's really not

This is a Walter acting like Heisenberg moment

> Sells his regular car for cheap to buy a dream car

> Buys off him son with his own car

> Finally can spend his drug money on himself

> Blows off Skyler on her look normal apperance

> Gets away with it because Hanks says that this car is a nice treat for Walt has gone through (before Hank finds out Walt is Heisenberg).

>no fun allowed here

Let's talk shit about the fly episode now

just face it guys, Breaking Bad is a little too complex for you. go back to Game of Throne

>How can someone unironically watch this and think Breaking Bad is the greatest TV show ever made?

First "mature" show they watched.

it was literally a Chrysler advertisement

So let me get this straight. They go to the dealership, Walt buys two brand new expensive cars with cash, they go through all the paperwork required, they drive home, and THEN Walt Jr goes "eh, it's not so great" So they drive back to the dealership and do the whole thing again with two more cars??

>people think breaking bad has deep sub text

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Just look at the comments section for that video

Literally everyone thinks its unironic, or worse that its actually cool

You are giving the producers and viewers way too much credit

Now that was a real shitshow. Ive read some arguments about it being a metaphor. But i dont buy spending a whole episode on that excuse.

Its the worst filler episode ive ever seen in a tv show. I managed to remember how bad it was despite seeing it while going through 3 episodes a day. I cant imagine how annoying it was for people watching it during the time the series was being released.

I don't remember this scene

I don't remember any scenes, show is forgettable but at the same time has no rewatch factor

>people pretending they didnt enjoy the fuck out of breaking bad when it aired

yes its no sopranos and you can barely rewatch it but everyone was on that shows dick like dexter pre rita death.

Walt is not a badass in the way of going to crazy parties and slingin' 8. He would never chill with his real niggas Skinny Pete and Combo.

Walt is a badass in the Clint Eastwood sense. He's a badass because he has balls of fucking vibranium.

the only episode I had to skip

You were probably watching the French rip. In that version, they both have moustaches.

For a regular tv show it is probably the best. For someone who's not into the real good stuff it probably is the peak of what tv has to offer. If you remove stuff like the wire or sopranos, breaking bad is pretty enternaining and alluring for mainstream lovers

This desu.

I still can't see why did people think that this was the greatest show in the world. It was okay/10 at best.

>mfw i thought it was a legit good ep
but that was prolly cos i was binging the series at that time

That's mostly what it was. Vince is a huge dork. Say my name.

It was well paced and the story was executed very well and with a lot of thought.Solid 7/10 program but some of the departments delivered a, like Walters performance for example

>I don't get the point of this scene

First season was absolutely garbage and terribly paced until the last two or three episodes.

Last two seasons were also terribly paced and were purely boring.

Who are you quoting?

Breaking Bad is a B- show but this scene is a solid A. How could anybody not enjoy Walt's facial expressions? It's fun and gaudy, like it's meant to be

It's still really heavy-handed in its execution.

The whole "I was just pretending to be retarded!" approach is not really how you effectively evoke irony.

It wasn't that bad. It's fun if you're into the chemistry between Jesse and Walter

*Whom

Dumbass

Who were you quoting?

>its no sopranos
How is Sopranos better? Epic f bombs and boobs?

*Whomst

>he doesn't like slice-of-life episodes that also develop the characters

I was so grateful to just get a full episode of Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul goofing off in the superlab, plus it developed their characters a bit. Good episode.

Anything to do with reality tv

youtube.com/watch?v=WOOw2yWMSfk

youtube.com/watch?v=-jYOcb2WMGU

Have you seen the show?

>you will never live in a country where you can afford to drive a car with a big motor

it's meant to be over-the-top and hilarious you dumbasses. walt is in over his head and his ego is out of control, that's why he's revving stupid cars in his driveway like a retard

it was on the same time as the LOST series finale. make of that what you will.

I hate all "premium" television anyway so I don't really care.

Seriously, fuck "premium" television. Brought up an entire generation of pseudo intellectual shitheads who think they're so intelligent for watching a show about drug dealers or tits and bums and violence.

Shut the fuck up dude this is why no one likes you

Remember the Marie shoplifting and stealing sub-plot?

The only iconic HBO show I haven't seen is Six Feet Under. Gonna dodge the question all night?

I have never watched Breaking Bad but holy shit is that cancerious.

1:21 of pure cringe, even if I mute it.

it's not even top 5

calm down vince and shave ur gay """"beard""""

also u sound like badger u fking gonk

Holy fucking shit
It was not about Marie "Stealing cause its fun lol"

The whole Marie shoplifting plot was symbolism for the emptiness of White American Suburban life and how it leaves people wanting more than being just a happy housewife

Marie shoplifts to empower and fufill herself

How can people who watch Breaking Bad not understand ANY of it

>dude white people lmao

fuck off

Yeah, I could buy that. If it was brought up more than twice in the show.

So they "intentionally" made an awful tonally inappropriate dubstep car commercial. I guess it had the intended effect on me, I fucking hated it. Bravo Rian, bravo Vince

Just to make it clear, I have to hate all things popular in order to fit in here right? I already quit my job, moved back in with my mom, and became a born again virgin as a start.

>born again virgin

>BREAKING BAD GOOD
>EVERYTHING ON GOOD SHOW GOOD
>NO BAD SCEN IN GOOD SHOW!!!

if you only get fucked in the ass your still a virgin mang

It's a man in his 50s buying expensive cars for himself and his son who has cerebral palsy.

The music is because the characters are supposed to feel like badasses, not because they're supposed to look like badasses to the audience.

The audience is supposed to think it looks like a midlife crisis, not that it looks awesome.

>he jelly his dad isn't walt

haha i cringe at everything im 12 btw

Because most people just know it from the meme hype train and "DUDE MALCOLM'S DAD IS A METH DEALER LOL".

These people still haven't figured out that Walt was the villain. Seriously. Most "fans" blindly defend everything he did.

>symbolism

No it's not. You're just as bad as the other faggots.

Marie steals and lies because she needs to concoct a fantasy life in order to escape conflict at home. That's it. There's no grand symbolism or metaphors. It's a woman losing her self-control and grip on reality.

If the scene was ironic why did they have all the other scenes that were meant to portray walt as a badass?
>say muh name
>stay out of muh territory
>you're goddamn right xD

It just seems like damage control for a really bad show that isn't self-aware

There were plenty of bad moments, especially in season 5. Intentionally taking a scene out of context and interpreting it in the exact opposite way that it was meant to be interpreted doesn't mean it's a bad scene, it means you're being retarded intentionally or unintentionally.

>Breaking Bad fans unironically believe this

Chill out triggered Tina

That actually makes a lot of sense

>I can't understand basic metaphor so I'll try to make everyone else look pretentious

damn

realy made me think... this is LITERALLY my brain on breaking bad

breaking didn't aged well
i tried to rewatch the whole thing and it was meh

why do i get the feeling the people posting memes like "really makes me think" and "too smart for x" are actually the dumbest people on earth

The first 2 seasons still hold up pretty well, and most of season 3.
I still like season 4 and 5, but it definitely reaches a point where "suspension of disbelief" isn't a thing anymore

nigga its just a meem bro relax lol

the scene was meant to be cringe like walt being a normie and cheesy

Holy shit, my brain...

It's truly Breaking Badâ„¢!

Literally only the last two episodes over did this for me, the other stuff was just him being genuinely smart (which he undeniably was). The last two episodes of the show were completely unnecessary, it should have ended at Ozymandias.

BONFIRE
O
N
F
I
R
E

The same show had way more cringe inducing moments.

If Walt was my dad, I would have loved to help him be in the drug business and be rich as fuck.

I like the show, but that scene is just bad. If it was meant to be ironic, it failed hard, because the show was never ironic (characters were, but never the writer or director).
The creators can't expect the viewers to get the irony on a scene that isn't explicitly ironic, on a show that was never ironic.

That scene was made to get the same effect as "le say my name" and "I am the one who knocks xD".

>because the show was never ironic

Yes it was - during that scene.

Read the second line of what I wrote please.

>cripple
>retarded
>ingratefull

why does walt even care ?

I did.

>though
>tho
Worthless punk

Ok. Maybe you're right.

It symbolizes Walter falling into the trap of power. We see [revving intensifies] but it's actually [empire intensifies].

OP cannot into simple tvkino.

Nice try pleb. Just because 99% of viewers got the wrong impression doesn't mean that's what it was meant to be.
Walt was a loser, and the show is just about him trying to break out of that.

Oh, I'm sure you know all about being a loser, eh pal

(Delusional)

Why can't you just admit it was a badly executed scene

because it wasnt

You didn't get it.