AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Information Round-Up

Round-up of the plot details that have been disclosed or leaked so far.

>The Avengers are disbanded and its members have gone separate ways, with most of them having become fugitives of the government and forced into hiding.

>Tony Stark is the only government-sanctioned superhero still in action and has isolated himself from the world, obsessively attempting to prepare it for an impending alien invasion.

>Steve Rogers is still in action but has become a public enemy, abandoned the identity of Captain America and grow desillusioned with the government.

>Thanos plans to assemble the Infinity Stones to reconfigure the Universe as he sees fit. Doctor Strange is the one that finds out about his plans and assembles the remnants of the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy to collect the Infinity Stones scattered across the galaxy before Thanos can.

>The Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy visit many distant words as they attemp to complet their quest before Thanos. Loki is acting as Thanos's advisor throughout the conflict.

>The movie centers on the Avengers putting their differences aside to stop Thanos, particularly Stark and Rogers.

>Scarlet Witch and Vision have pivotal roles, and Scarlet Witch is one of the few whose powers can disrupt Thanos.

>Stark and Strange's newfound friendship is one of the main character interactions of the movie alongside the interactions between the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy.

>Several heroes such as Captain Marvel, Black Panther and the Wasp will only make appearances in the fourth AVENGERS movie which is being filmed back-to-back with AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR.

>Stark and Strange's newfound friendship is one of the main character interactions of the movie

They're going there.

No Uatu in Avengers 3 and 4?

He's probably part of the FF rights.

>both modern actors who have played Sherlock Holmes meet up in the same movie
>there will probably be a joke about it
>it will probably be made by the guy who plays Watson

NO WARLOCK NO BUY

Unless and special deals were made, then no. Fox and Marvel do seem to getting along. I actually fully expect some surprises in avengers 3 and 4.

> mfw they still don't have Surfer.
> mfw we're getting Infinity Gauntlet film with no surfer, the main godamn protagonists of the saga.
> mfw they'll inject comedy into one of the most no-fun allowed events in recent memory.

Marvel may be jumping the shark here. The new ending is going to be even worse than 'Martha'. Just hope it's not another dance off.

Why do DCucks get mad about the dance-off? The actual climax of GOTG was when the Guardians all come together to hold the gem and distribute its power between them, working as a team to defuse the situation

If he doesn't show up in part 4 I'll be very disappointed.

> mfw we're getting Infinity Gauntlet film with no surfer, the main godamn protagonists of the saga.

That would be Adam Warlock and he's not appeared yet and probably won't be.

Surfer is the one that saved the day though and was the glue that held the story together.

It works in gotg because it's pretty damn goofy to begin with. Part of what made the gauntlet saga fun to read were the stakes involved.

I dunno maybe they'll pull it off though since Winter Soldier was pretty dramatic.

Vision is basically the MCU's Adam Warlock already.

dont forget this is "Thanos kills everyone" story, and that Vision is 100% going to killed by Thanos when he wants the mind gem

nice headcanon.

Fake as fuck

>>Thanos plans to assemble the Infinity Stones to reconfigure the Universe as he sees fit. Doctor Strange is the one that finds out about his plans and assembles the remnants of the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy to collect the Infinity Stones scattered across the galaxy before Thanos can.

There's not fucking reason for this to happen. In the comics the Silver Surfer only knew about Thanos' plan because he went directly to him

>>The Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy visit many distant words as they attemp to complet their quest before Thanos. Loki is acting as Thanos's advisor throughout the conflict.

Why don't the GotG go alone? They would barely know the Avengers at that point

>>Stark and Strange's newfound friendship is one of the main character interactions

I'm pretty sure they would not-like eachother

>>Several heroes such as Captain Marvel, Black Panther and the Wasp will only make appearances in the fourth AVENGERS movie which is being filmed back-to-back with AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR.

Captain Marvel and Wasp I can understand, but why wouldn't Black Panther show up? Like what the hell? If Bucky or Falcon show up, or even Black Widow, why wouldn't he?

I like Loki as Mephisto very very much, I think he fits perfectly.

They need to add Warlock, though. Vision is completely different, apart from the red color and the infinity stone.

Doctor Strange has one of the Infinity Stones.

Because they can't do it alone.

They will.

Because he'll be getting a movie shortly beforehand.

>featuring a cameo by Jude Law!

>Chris Evans
>Chris Pratt
>Chris Hemsworth

Even the Chris-tianity aspect of it, Marvel does it better.

>Captain Marvel and Wasp I can understand, but why wouldn't Black Panther show up? Like what the hell? If Bucky or Falcon show up, or even Black Widow, why wouldn't he?

scheduling dipshit. Stop talking as if the characters are real, its a movie dipshit. There is no "why is wasp and widow but not panther". It is simply due to getting the actors together. Panther will be filming the same time as most of part 3 is shooting. so the actor will come in time for 4. Fuck ppl on Sup Forums get slower everyday.

Pure keno

moron, the time stone doesnt talk to strange

No shit, thats not what that other poster commented. He said they dont know each other.

And you dont know if they will or wont

He's basically the main focus of the first Infinity War comic so if he's a no show I'll be extremely disappointed.

But he can still sense things through it.

They will.

Feige already said they will.

Who do you think Stan Lee is

"No shit Sherlock"
Were you talking to me?
No, him

THIS. He's pivotal to the role and leaving him out just pisses me off

I swear to fucking christ if they don't have Thanos assembling the Infinity Gauntlet and killing half the universe, I will fucking murder thr goddamned Russos. I will fucking strangle them with my bare hands.

all the Warlock stuff is going to be given to Vision.

obviously.

no love for mah boi Drax :(

I just want to know how big RDJ's paycheck is so I can properly prepare for the level of QUALITY in the CGI.

So I just watched the cartoon version of this whole infinity shit on YT. Is this really how it goes down or are they making a new story for the Thanos encounter?

Scarlet witch will bring him back to life with love or something and they will defeat thanos

just to be clear im talking about when Iron man builds a bot that absorbs the guanlets energy but then it turns into Ultron

apparently the comics had like 3 infinity series. im just lookin how they plan to tie that into the current MCU

MU tied her powers to the gem for some retarded reason. Don't think that's going to fly.

I don't get this. Just watched Doctor Strange and doesn't his time-hack magic would alone win thanos?

Nah the gauntlet makes whoever wears it god and the time gem alone would grant him mastery over it.

>teleports Strange in Dark dimension where's time doesn't exist
>take gem
>epic Dormammu cameo for fanboys

he's using an infinity stone to control time, presumably it gets stolen

>hey guys, this bad guy that can wipe the floor with us is trying to collect all infinity stones! Let's collect them ourselves, so he can have an easier time getting them while wrecking our shit!

It's Dragon Ball Z all over again.

Take Reality gem from Collector.
Now you can probably counter Time gem with your reality warp powers.
Mind and Time gem taken. Earth fucked.
Take Power gem from Xandar.
Now you have enough power to destroy Asgard.
Take Space gem.
Soul gem is probably in Asgard too.

Collector is loose end. And Thanos gona use him first.
They already shoot scene with Guardians, Collector and Thanos. Brollin spoiled it in his facebook live.

Earth gonna be fucked first?

>Loki acting as Thanos' adviser
>In Thor 1's post credit scene where Selvig is recruited by Fury, Loki appears as though he's in the mirror dimension, invisible and disconnected from the events of the main conversation, shown to be influencing Selvig from the shadows.
>Stephen puts the Infinity Stone in his Himalayan retreat

I'm just saying, Loki stealing the gem would be a pretty good opener, we know that Strange and Loki both appear in Thor Ragnarok, wouldn't it be nifty if Loki appears at the Sanctum and straight up TELLS strange to rally the troops, because they'll need all the support they can get to stop the war - because Loki WANTS Thanos to be challenged so he can take that power for himself....Only to take the gem and disappear in a fade-out mirage like he so often does.

Should we prepare for a reset end?

who gives a fuckkkkk

sage

the cartoon was not how the story goes at all. that was fucking bullshit.

read "Infinity Gauntlet" to get the story that's being adapted to the movie. obviously the movie will take it's own liberties considering it barely has half the roster of characters.

So captain America is literally the same story as soldier 76

What are you talking about?

MU Wanda's powers come from the mind gem.

Cant wait for some Starlord x Iron Man bantz

>no matter fucking what leaks it'll still be a quip-filled by-the-numbers action movie made to appeal to every single person

>yet another "iron man and cap have to put aside differences and work together" story

the only reason i wait for this movie.

>Stark and Strange's newfound friendship is one of the main character interactions of the movie

oh wow 3 hours of beyonce quips, can't wait.

>Nah the gauntlet makes whoever wears it god
I thought it only made the wearer obscenely powerful almost to a god, but that there are still a few characters more powerful, the One Above All being an obvious one.

>The movie centers on the Avengers putting their differences aside to stop Thanos, particularly Stark and Rogers.

This is literally the plot of the first avengers minus thanos

No, it doesn't, unless Quicksilver had his speed from the mind gem too. But that makes no sense

What role is she gonna play?

Did you watch the second avengers movie?

He was powered by Space gem.

Gems can connect to each other. Or someshit like that.

>yfw there's Blue Is the Warmest Color remake with Dafne Keen and Millie Bobby Brown in your lifetime.

>talk about how Quiksilver and SW had same source of power
>did u even watch movie xd

Both of their powers came from the mind gem that was in Loki's poky stick.

>experiments done on them after researching Loki staff

Tell me where it is said or implies that the power is from the gem, not the knowledge gained from it turned to experimentation

It's a gem on a stick there's not much they were gleaming from it. The experiments were trying it out on subjects.

Agent coulson or w/e the fuck his name is better be in one of these movies REEEEEEEEEE

Only if perlmutter dies

It's a gem that bestows transcendent abilities and powers. What do you think they can extract from it that they could then give to subjects?

If D.Strange had the infinity stones he would be able to do pretty much anything? Seeing as one stone is enough to change time.

They extracted Ultron from it

>where it is said or implies that the power is from the gem
this happens in the movie
>not the knowledge gained from it turned to experimentation
this isn't ever implied, although you are and it would makes sense, but they don't, they clearly mention that the source is the staff,
I wasn't the original guy you were arguing with, if it makes you feel better, there is no reason she should lose her powers after vision loses the gem

I'm gonna have to rewatch the start when I get home

why? it doesn't matter, if you wanna be more correct, the pre-lude comics and agents of shield imply that the hydra or the staff didn't give them powers, it only unlocked their shit deep within, and are implied to be inhumans

Yeah that's true they really weren't clear on how that worked.