Seriously, what was the point of this scene?

Seriously, what was the point of this scene?

To give you an erection

Signifies the junk passing as art that Susan is creating. That's the state of her career. While Edward wrote a book that showed her his capabilities in writing that will stay alive forever.
Susan's art will die and be forgotten, just like the first 3 minutes of the movie after it's over.

Everytime you saw '''''''art''''''''' in the film it was portrayed as grotesque and insincere
Think about it
Why do people with a 2 digit IQ watch movies?

watch the chink verssion
no violence is cesnored

Armie Hammer was on Girls?

>Why do people with a 2 digit IQ watch movies?
Because movies aren't an art form; they're an entertainment medium.

I love how nobody responds because they have no clue or can come up with an analysis of their own.

Degenerate trash art to contrast with Jake's magnum opus created from suffering

Tom Ford said it was supposed to capture the joy of life.

I love how you think people need to respond after the only reasonable analysis has already been posted. Be less desperate for attention.

To be honest I think the director just wanted a shocking opening, something that would stick with the audience. But the other answers ITT work well enough.

A story is meant to be entertaining you day?

You're pretty wrong DCuck Marvel shit. There are artistic movies you fucking idiot. Just because you have no creativity and don't know why certain shots or imagery is used. You've been a fucking idiot from the day you were conceived.

>getting this mad because someone finally told you that the only reason you consider movies art is because you're desperate for your childish subjective preferences to be hailed as deep, intelligent criticism
I truly pity you.

Having two reasonable analysis doesn't mean no one else should respond with an answer. While there are other threads just full of fucking memes and no discussion happening. Shut the fuck up, nigger.

>Getting an overly fat woman to dance in front of camera naked and calling it art..
who did you say had a 2 digit IQ?

When those analyses are the only valid ones, yes that is what that means.

>muh desperation for meaningful conversation so i can feel more intelligent than i am

INFRAVALORADO

all movies are literal garbage for children you laughable pleb. enjoy stewing in your impotent rage

>A story is meant to be entertaining you day?
Get a load of this retard.

Postmodernism being showed as grotesque, inhuman and lifeless. The conservative Texan romanticism as pure, brutal, honest and touching.

Basically apple designer/lib art student vs Cormac McCarthy

This is the worst post I have ever seen on Sup Forums

Armie Hammer looks different.

Do Americans really look like this?

This fucking got me