All urls found in this thread:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_and_positive_atheism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Atheism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_novelty
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation
Mason Jackson
Mason Jackson

I'm more Agnostic then Atheist, but I am because I have a healthy, functioning brain.

Dylan Nelson
Dylan Nelson

Because I stopped believing in fairy tales when I was a kid.

Kayden Reed
Kayden Reed

They're atheists because they believe in Science instead

Zachary Thompson
Zachary Thompson

Because the most intelligent enlightened people The Japanese taught me not to believe in childish stories.

Charles Clark
Charles Clark

Because I am a intellectual

Matthew Rivera
Matthew Rivera

Implying that everything just came from a lava egg

Jack Moore
Jack Moore

""""""believing"""""" in science has developed your computer and the internet
believing in religion has caused many wars and lead to many deaths.

Isaac Brooks
Isaac Brooks

Ditto.

Can't know either way.

Christopher Collins
Christopher Collins

Because I am a intellectual
An*

Blake Nguyen
Blake Nguyen

Because I think that what is beyond my comprehension can't possibly be explained by the religious choices offered to me.

Jose Fisher
Jose Fisher

Not a fucking hohol but back home in Czech Republic, everyone is. It's actually considered weird to be religious there.

Eli Morgan
Eli Morgan

Fun Fact: Religiousness is a result of brain chemistry. Some people's brains don't work in the same way Religious people think.

I literally can't remember ever believing in God despite being in Catholic school from kindergarten to senior year of highschool

*tips fedora

Camden Howard
Camden Howard

fun things also brought to you by science
nuclear weapons
hormones for treatment of mentally unstable tumblrs
morons who think that "god" had to be somewhat material and have a direct influence on peoples lives

Robert Bennett
Robert Bennett

Parents never brainwashed me into religion.

Didn't even know what religion was until I was like 15 years old.

Kayden Hughes
Kayden Hughes

What is an atheist?

Liam Parker
Liam Parker

Christians
causing unjustified war and death
ever
especially now

Also:
having given me this computer means I should worship and put my faith in Science

yeah no

Samuel Gutierrez
Samuel Gutierrez

I think I can tie it to one specific moment: we were at church, and I was looking through the Bible, and it was the really weird description of Jesus from Revelations iirc (white hair etc.) and I asked her what it meant and she said "That's not in the Bible!" while I held the Bible.

It took many years for me to become an atheist but I think it centers around my dad being a Buddhist and my mom not believing ANYTHING I found in the Bible. She became an atheist shortly after I did as well.

Andrew Allen
Andrew Allen

All theologies are spiritual traps designed with various amounts of truth and lies to snare you into an existence of suffrage and submission.
Believe in fairness, justice and love. Try to practise these virtues without compromise, and.the true God will reveal himself.

Anthony Kelly
Anthony Kelly

Why not in immorality, unjustice and hate? Who will reveal himself then?

Carson Anderson
Carson Anderson

Take a wild guess

Luke Stewart
Luke Stewart

Because I love sex with men.

Noah Perez
Noah Perez

what is the HRE
what are all wars between protestants and catholics
what are literally all wars about greed and power

"""""real christians"""""

Mason Foster
Mason Foster

nuclear weapons
How is this a bad thing hanz

John Roberts
John Roberts

I don't believe in God for the same reason I don't believe in Zeus, Odin or Santa Claus. To believe something to be true I require evidence. Without any, it's meaningless conjecture.

Ethan Hernandez
Ethan Hernandez

Are they capable of the same things? Do they have the same kind of power/potential? Opposites I mean.

Samuel Smith
Samuel Smith

I'm not Atheist. I'm Irreligious.

Atheism is strictly the belief there is no God and cannot be. Irreligious is simply not being religious and being open to the possibility of a God.

Nolan Scott
Nolan Scott

They fight in spite of their religion. It's their dumb humanity that leads them not The Bible.

Julian Wright
Julian Wright

Life is a test. If you were given the answers it would defeat the purpose.
The fact you posted in this thread, albeit negativity, suggests you have some desire for spiritual awareness.

Christopher Butler
Christopher Butler

There is no good reason to believe

Blake Clark
Blake Clark

weeb

Daniel Gutierrez
Daniel Gutierrez

What is the post-Christian nuclear West doing and threatening to do all around the world?

What has Islam been doing?

Ian Jones
Ian Jones

Because God is dead.

Hunter Lopez
Hunter Lopez

basically me

Justin Campbell
Justin Campbell

because i have no reason to believe
it just happened naturally

Jason Green
Jason Green

Comparing an omniscient life force that exists outside of time and space as we know it to a fairy tale
LMAO I miss being 19.

Kevin Perry
Kevin Perry

He didn't actually say Christians specifically.

Ryan Morgan
Ryan Morgan

Nope. Evil/negativity feeds off Good/positivity. If the foundation wasn't good, evil would starve to death.
Think of a room with the light on. Evil is like hands playing shadow puppets against the wall. Without the light there would be nothing.

Lincoln Kelly
Lincoln Kelly

omniscient life force
exist outside time and space

and it's true because it's true, amirite?

Landon Ward
Landon Ward

Be me
Anti-Abortion.
Right-Leaning Libertarian.
American Nationalist.
Trump supporter.
Atheist.
Marriage equality supporter.
Anti-Trans "rights"
Anti-Islam

Michael King
Michael King

I'm not, I'm more of a deist-leaning agnostic type

It looks the same to fundies though

Joshua Murphy
Joshua Murphy

Exists outside of space and time
Interacts with characters directly in the Bible
Okay then.

Connor Garcia
Connor Garcia

falling for such obvious bait
0/10

Josiah Parker
Josiah Parker

It's illogical to think you know everything. There was no "evidence" for many things we know exist today 100 years ago, doesn't mean they didn't.

Brody Cook
Brody Cook

Did so afterwards

Wyatt Hernandez
Wyatt Hernandez

I'm not. I used to think that religion is unnecessary because we're no longer subhumans.
Then I realized that I'm ridiculously wrong, and we still need a good man in the sky a bad one under the ground, otherwise people are gonna destroy each other.

Kevin Parker
Kevin Parker

or what I like to call "cherry picking libertarian"

Oliver Moore
Oliver Moore

Flag

Leo Anderson
Leo Anderson

The propensity for violence our species has doesn't make any religion more or less valid. Just more or less useful. If you want to use religion for your agenda that's fine, but that's separate from believing in it. Unless you want to be a sheeple.

Kevin Ramirez
Kevin Ramirez

Stop being a fence sitting pussy and pick a side.

Lincoln Nelson
Lincoln Nelson

Agnostic atheist

John Miller
John Miller

its le brain chemistry meme

False

This also occurs in meth heads and faggots, you are not born with this shit in your head

Chase Diaz
Chase Diaz

Usually when people try to convince others of some huge phenomenom, they have evidence. you don't have evidence.

Colton Baker
Colton Baker

Only the best cherries for me, senpai

Good luck in the EU

Parker Perez
Parker Perez

Believing in empirically proven concepts is the same as believing in metaphorical scriptures.

Kevin Sanchez
Kevin Sanchez

What do you believe in?

Noah Gray
Noah Gray

believing in empiricism is the same as believing in metaphorical scriptures

FTFY

There is no proof for the validity of empiricism

Dominic Fisher
Dominic Fisher

Thinking The Bible is a literal series of events that happened in the 3rd dimension in this timeline
Thinking to exist outside of time and space doesn't mean being able to manipulate, control or participate in it at the same time anyway
MMMKKKAAAYYYYYY

Kayden James
Kayden James

Holy autism

Jacob Davis
Jacob Davis

Some people's brains don't work in the same way Religious people think.
You mean some people don't have critical thinking skills, say it as it is.

False
Educate yourself
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_and_positive_atheism

Jose Edwards
Jose Edwards

I wasn't born into a religious family. So no one forced me to worship some ancient books.

Camden Wood
Camden Wood

me

Chase Barnes
Chase Barnes

There is no proof for the validity of empiricism
Oh, come on, you've never been refuted by that one before? You posting - using your sight and touch - presupposes the validity of empiricism. You can't even debate with me without acknowledging it.

Christopher Morris
Christopher Morris

Well you can't have one without the another, that's for sure. If you see good as a generator and evil as a destructive force it's obvious that you can't destruct something that hasn't been made yet. Therefore, don't you think that evil is as necessary as good then?

Joseph Walker
Joseph Walker

Your made up word isn't as right as this made up word
Lol Americans

some people don't have critical thinking skills
Are you saying that as an atheist? Because boy that would sure be ironic.

Luke Phillips
Luke Phillips

No religion has convinced me.

Brody Myers
Brody Myers

presupposes
demonstrates

ok

Gavin Williams
Gavin Williams

I understand that autism robs one of the ability to develop a personal relationship with God, but is it really logical to deny one ever existed?

Grayson Nguyen
Grayson Nguyen

"Holy" "Roman" "Empire" is something you should be proud of cuck. Loved the cages in Münster where flihty protestants died, pic related.

Noah Harris
Noah Harris

Evil temporarily exists for the purpose of free will. So we may learn the true nature of positivity and negativity and enter the kingdom of heaven as devine beings with free will. To be independent and true companions of God.
"I am free to sin but I choose not to" is the crux of it.

Gavin Johnson
Gavin Johnson

Your made up word isn't as right as this made up word
Words aren't "made up". If you knew anything about linguistics you would understand there are rules to grammars. A as a prefix negates the word. So "belief in a god" becomes "not a belief in a god".
Therefore, atheism is defined as that which is not theistic by virtue of the rules of the language.

Are you saying that as an atheist? Because boy that would sure be ironic.
So you're supposing that lack of belief in god invalidates my critical thinking skills?

Was that supposed to be an argument?

Blake White
Blake White

It was supposed to show you that yours wasn't

Brody Collins
Brody Collins

twitter and tumblr raid

get this shit on the news and get the gore going

/b/thread/692998913#p692998913

Tyler Perry
Tyler Perry

if killing gloria steinem can save one aborted fetus we should strongly consider it

Ian Collins
Ian Collins

More likely just damage control.

Christian Peterson
Christian Peterson

More likely you didn't understand it..

Christopher Carter
Christopher Carter

Weeaboo

Brandon Price
Brandon Price

/thread

Jonathan Gomez
Jonathan Gomez

I was never taught to believe in anything so I just don't care.

Jeremiah Barnes
Jeremiah Barnes

It's never too late to learn

Charles Barnes
Charles Barnes

Because of the religions ALL having an apocalypse situation, after which only 'brand x' people are saved.

Its cheap movie level nonsense.
GOD & the Apocalypse, starring Tom Cruise, out this summer.

Adam Powell
Adam Powell

You replaced one word in my argument thinking it influences my argument at all. I know you wouldn't be able to clarify because you don't actually have an argument and are trying to put on a veil in intellectualism.

But why bother with theists or worse gnostics who assert they have knowledge of that which they cannot prove.

Wyatt Collins
Wyatt Collins

Such words are not insults but compliments, all you're saying is that you find me very similar to such an amazing and great people.

Eli Wilson
Eli Wilson

lava egg
people think this is what atheists believe
christian intellectuals

Gabriel Russell
Gabriel Russell

Since I like to believe that I have a modicum of intellect, I can easily come to the conclusion that there might be a superior entity (a god in the standard meaning of the term), who knows; but I can also easily come to the conclusion that there most definitely is no superior entity as described in all major (and the vast majority of minor) religious dogmas.
Any other statement regarding the validity of religion means, without exception, that you are stupid.

Logan Lee
Logan Lee

No child, I emphasised that "presupposes" (the word that you're using) is not the same as "demonstrates"; hence why my argument (that there is no proof for empiricism) remains in place

Anthony Long
Anthony Long

because if I turn muh another cheek they fuck me up good

and G*d somehow does not help WTF!?

Jonathan Russell
Jonathan Russell

Fuck off Ken Ham

Levi Diaz
Levi Diaz

t. Japanese at heart

Adrian Perez
Adrian Perez

Contemporary religions are there to instill morals in those who are too stupid to rationalize them. They have good intentions, but become corrupted with a collectivist culture by virtue of indoctrination and subsequently a ruling class taking advantage of the power they can ascertain.

No, that's where I explicitly said you failed if you read my reply, but lower IQ people tend to not be able to connect the dots.

Oliver Taylor
Oliver Taylor

But that is one of the very reasons that people fight.

Ryan Cox
Ryan Cox

nuclear weapons
The very same science have us nuclear power too.

Oh, and stay jelly the US and Russia got nukes thanks to German scientists.

Tyler Robinson
Tyler Robinson

The test of free choice. And that leaves me to one of my previous questions. How do you see those both true natures? How do you know which one is best for us? Being pragmatic you could argue, but how can you assure that? Every foundation need a test to know it's limits/fails, and the acquired knowledge is merit of both instrument and object. Following your logic, aren't people worshipping the devil to pursue enlightment as "right" as you are? Or do you think that your position is more in harmony with the nature of the universe?

Tyler Cruz
Tyler Cruz

I just can't believe in any deity. The concept of a deity seems so fringe and unlogical to me, I can't.
I still grew up with primarily christian values and live by most of them.

Matthew Young
Matthew Young

Atheist memes are the best

you're an atheist who doesn't have the balls to calls himself one, so you hide behind "agnostic" just like black science man

Ian Jackson
Ian Jackson

You said it suissebro.

Joshua Perez
Joshua Perez

what is your contention?

Jace Rodriguez
Jace Rodriguez

Contemporary religions are there to instill morals in those who are too stupid to rationalize them. They have good intentions, but become corrupted with a collectivist culture by virtue of indoctrination and subsequently a ruling class taking advantage of the power they can ascertain.
Of course, that's always been the case, for millennia. However, my last statement referred to people who actually believe in the truthfulness of religion, not those who see its usefulness as a tool of indoctrination (even though the motivation behind it may be benevolent)

Jackson Torres
Jackson Torres

I can think for myself. Also pic related.

kill yourself faggot

Sebastian Cook
Sebastian Cook

Not believing in something is the same as believing there isn't something

Samuel Martinez
Samuel Martinez

Because I love to tip my fedora

Luke Hernandez
Luke Hernandez

Because I see no reason to believe in the supernatural. I have never witnessed any convincing proof of anything supernatural existing, so why believe in that sort of bs?

Ryder Cook
Ryder Cook

I can think for myself

Then why do you all sound so fucking alike

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Atheism

Ryan Baker
Ryan Baker

What is rhetorical exaggeration

This is like every religion thread; atheists are just physically incapable of looking at anything from outside of the most literal and reductionist mindset. Why?

Jacob Campbell
Jacob Campbell

the universe is big
therefore, God doesn't exist
christianity BTFO

Nathan King
Nathan King

suissebro
pls no
That'd be like if I called you a Quebecois
Wouldn't be too happy about it, huh?

Oliver Walker
Oliver Walker

If God is good he won't mind my disbelief.

If God is bad and would punish me for disbelief, then he is not worth my worship.

Christian Rodriguez
Christian Rodriguez

Why don't you believe in the magical man in the sky
stopped believing fairy tales a long time ago
you think just because a book says something is true, it is? nice 3rd grade level comprehension
all religious people are stupid. voluntarily stupid.

Jacob Gomez
Jacob Gomez

I argued for the superiority of empiricism, you doubted its validity, and I claimed you presuppose it by living.

If they believe it they are basically stupid, it isn't a secret. I mean just look at all the arguments, its fedora tipping memes, because they don't have a modicum of intelligence. Sure I might sound arrogant, but so are the people who think they are superior to atheists.

Henry Flores
Henry Flores

Yes, a lack of belief in god. You solved it.

Robert Clark
Robert Clark

Exactly.
It's hilarious how most of Sup Forums claims to be redpilled and Christian, as if those two things were even remotely compatible.

are you retarded

Hunter Edwards
Hunter Edwards

When I was 4 or so years old my father would read me greek and roman myths before sleep. They were great stories and I loved them.

Then I went to school and I was told other stories about this guy Jesus. I treated them the same way I treated stories about Heracles.

At some point during my elementary education I realized it... people actually believe those stories as truth.

It still amazes me.

Owen Evans
Owen Evans

More like we're insignificant.

Probably because there are not many logical way of thinking. Do you know binary? You're either right or wrong. Can't be both, can't be something else.

Also we're victims of our own way of conceptualising things, if the Universe has somehow a meaning or some shit, pretending to have the answer is pretentious and absurd. I'm not saying I have the answer, I'm saying what SOME humans have concluded is more than probably wrong.

Andrew Rodriguez
Andrew Rodriguez

Yea it's sad actually.
jesus would be considered a paranoid schizophrenic in today's society, and rightly so

Kevin Roberts
Kevin Roberts

Atheists become atheist because they're too stupid to understand religion. Don't worry, you'll be hanging come day of the rope.

Connor Lewis
Connor Lewis

Christian logic

Daniel Brooks
Daniel Brooks

I'm saying what SOME humans have concluded is more than probably wrong.

By what measure?

Jack Perez
Jack Perez

are you

Dominic Allen
Dominic Allen

cringe

Hunter Martin
Hunter Martin

Empiricism means believing the main source of knowledge is my senses

I do not believe that

James Cox
James Cox

scarcity/rarity = insignificance
economics BTFO

really though, argument from scale is really bad.

Noah Johnson
Noah Johnson

I want that you don't shitpost
I don't want that you shitpost
Can you not see the difference?

Jose Morris
Jose Morris

You really don't get it do you?
In the grand scheme of things we don't matter at all. That's the point
I honestly didn't know someone could be so stupid

Cameron Young
Cameron Young

claims to be redpilled and Christian, as if those two things were even remotely compatible
Christianity IS the ultimate redpill sven.
the way, the truth, and the light

Grayson Baker
Grayson Baker

You're only proving the inferiority of your ideology by associating violence with it because of your low self-esteem.

So what do you believe in instead?

Chase Bell
Chase Bell

Fedora tipping memes exist because arguing with you is absolutely pointless. There's no way to actually prove religion to others and any religious person with half a brain knows this.

The fact that you didn't figure this out by now and realize that these memes are just designed to make you upset and even more arrogant and antagonistic towards religious people makes me doubt your intelligence is as great as you claim. But you could just be autistic or something.

Thomas Collins
Thomas Collins

In the grand scheme of things we don't matter at all. That's the point
and your evidence for this is:
the universe is big
take into consideration how rare intelligent life is in the universe based on what we've found so far.

I honestly didn't know someone could be so stupid
typical free-thinker.

Adrian Clark
Adrian Clark

I became an atheist pretty much because of the country that I raised in.Which was a shithole.

Brayden Stewart
Brayden Stewart

Out of all the secular philosophies? Rationalism

Out of all beliefs? That God solely has access to true knowledge

Isaiah Allen
Isaiah Allen

Christianity IS the ultimate redpill
sure thing
kiddie tale indictrinations are redpills
sven.
get your flags right lad

speaking of which
shitpost to your heart's desire
people blame Finland
must be pretty good

Thomas Lopez
Thomas Lopez

Value doesn't exist.

Ian Moore
Ian Moore

Because of our own nature. How could imperfect beings even fathom the perfect answer? (religion was created by humans in the first place)

Ayden Bailey
Ayden Bailey

I'm an Agnostic Atheist.

Honestly, I don't give a fuck about religion. People can believe in whatever they want but when they start lynching people or blowing shit up then they need to fuck off.

Ryan Cruz
Ryan Cruz

I wonder why Christians always presume to know what God wants. And why it always seems to align with what they themselves want.

Carson Perez
Carson Perez

well boys pack it up kraut sausage nigger here is right so lets all stop progressing science and just go back to the 1950s where there was no disease or any problems with the world at all and live in total peace

Christopher Martinez
Christopher Martinez

yes. the universe is extremely large and we are very small
how the fuck do you know how rare intelligent life is? just because its not in our solar system doesnt mean its rare. Wow. You really are retarded. Our universe is billions of years old and its extremely probable that there have been millions or even billions of alien civilizations. We just cant ever contact them because of how far away we are.
Don't try to speak on science, christian scum. You sound like Ted Cruz

Adam Cook
Adam Cook

not a weeb, uninterested in anime BUT
<-----

Leo Cook
Leo Cook

The inherent problem with this thinking is that if God is omnipotent then nothing can happen except that He wants it to.

Christianity is a corrupted religion. Only Islam seems to properly account for this.

Liam Bennett
Liam Bennett

I can. You think that atheists actively believe for a certain that there does not exist a god.

Hunter Peterson
Hunter Peterson

Because I'm not dellusional.

Hunter Morales
Hunter Morales

what is the alternative? Believing in some badly written old stories?
I'm all for spirituality but there is no good organised religion.

Jaxson Torres
Jaxson Torres

Likewise: How could imperfect beings be able to perfectly conclude (ie. without a doubt) that they are imperfect in all aspects?

Jonathan Bailey
Jonathan Bailey

Because my IQ is higher than the triple digits you moron.

Wyatt Russell
Wyatt Russell

so i guess most of the world population is going to hell then? poor native brazilians, aboriginals, indians, pacific islanders and other people who were either too isolated to hear or too stupid to understand the "word of god" theyre just a bunch of sinners anyway , to hell they go

Chase Bailey
Chase Bailey

There's literally no evidence to support any religion. "Ancient Aliens" is literally more believable than any religion, especially the kike ones.

Carter Martin
Carter Martin

illogical to think you know everything
therefore a being with a human thought process created everything

Luke Nelson
Luke Nelson

how the fuck do you know how rare intelligent life is?
christian scum
please calm down, ma'am.
there is no need for the histrionics, i qualified my statement with "based on what we know so far."

Our universe is billions of years old and its extremely probable that there have been millions or even billions of alien civilizations.
nah.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox

Nathaniel Jones
Nathaniel Jones

Religion does nothing for me.

If you can get into it, fine.

But all my memories of religion are being in church as a kid and wanting to die for an hour every Sunday.

Joseph Diaz
Joseph Diaz

one test, if you fuck up you go to hell for eternity
who would wanna worship this asshole anyway? God is for cucks

Ian Baker
Ian Baker

You're arguing against a specific interpretation of a specific religion. Not religion in general.

I find it interesting how people like you seem to know nothing about religion other than a basic understanding of Christianity.

Caleb Wright
Caleb Wright

The purpose of the memes are to upset atheists because they don't have any productive argument against them. It only invalidates their ideology as a fairy tale. Of course I have a reason to feel superior to people who can't even use basic logic and critical thinking skills.

Rationalism requires empiricism to operate. It would amateur and unhealthy to use one or the other purely, using both reason and empiricism together is the foundation of the sciences. Ultimately, empiricism is truth because of pure reason produces conclusions which contradict the senses, the senses override, which is why empiricism is the purest form of intellectual honesty.

That God solely has access to true knowledge
God has no objective meaning, so that statement is unintelligible.

Xavier Ward
Xavier Ward

human thought process
where do you even get this idea from? does any religion claim this?

Jeremiah Thomas
Jeremiah Thomas

because I don't live in a third world shithole :^)

Carter Ross
Carter Ross

"image and likeness of God"

Thomas Taylor
Thomas Taylor

Why are you an atheist?

Theists have not met their burden of proof and provided reason or evidence to believe.

Connor Evans
Connor Evans

I totally understand your point here and I must say that I have not yet find an answer to that, but it sure as hell (no irony intended) hasn't anything to do with flying angels and other tales written by ancient humans that will ever enlighten us. IMHO.

Josiah Taylor
Josiah Taylor

if god exists why does it have to be the christian god? or any abrahamic god for that matter?

Brandon James
Brandon James

Either you believe in a God or not. Being open minded doesn't change that.

Luis Nelson
Luis Nelson

I never said that, and it's also irrelevant to the point at hand.
In , you're essentially saying that
Not believing in something is the same as believing there isn't something
And no, it's not the same. See the "shitpost etc." example I provided.

Colton Bell
Colton Bell

God has no objective meaning

What does that mean?

Btw. Rationalism vs Empiricism is basically which one you think is the MAIN source of knowledge. They are not mutually exclusive outside of science

Alexander Reyes
Alexander Reyes

Im a special snowflake now that atheism isn't as rare anymore

Cameron Perry
Cameron Perry

let me explain parts of the fermi paradox to you.

Lets say there is currently a planet that is 1000 light years away that has a developing alien civilization on it. They send radio signals out into space, just like we do. Do you wanna know why we wouldnt hear them? Because it takes 1000 years for the signal to reach us. One of the conclusions the fermi paradox brings us to is that a developed civilization could try to contact us, but theres no telling when the signal would get here relative to our development. IE. They could have sent radio signals to us that got here 200 years ago, before we used radios. Or they could send us radio signals now and theyll get here in 1000 years, when we no longer use radio signals.
Nice try retard

Joshua Peterson
Joshua Peterson

Canadians
see

Easton Jackson
Easton Jackson

not an argument, you were defending christianity because you saw it as an exception, so i countered it again.

Carter Martin
Carter Martin

Worshipping the devil is worshipping death in its absolute form. Nobody would willingly do this. I believe they are just confused and/or corrupted.
I think remorse will play a big role in the affirmation of the true God and redemption from sin.

Isaac Morris
Isaac Morris

Just because they're ancient doesn't mean they're not true :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_novelty

Jason Gutierrez
Jason Gutierrez

Being agnostic is not about sitting in the fence....

Agnostic's side is the scientific method + some freaking common sense
If you can't prove something wrong you don't deny it, but if it's blatantly unfeasible you don't just believe it BLINDLY, much less base your whole life on it.
If a knowledge seems practical and useful in a daily basis, embrace it.
If something you knew is proved wrong, good, learn and move the fuck on.

That's what being agnostic is all about, my nigga

Luke Brown
Luke Brown

No matter how you sugar coat it you're nothing but a fence sitting pansy.

Bentley Cruz
Bentley Cruz

Religion and mysticism are things that must be experienced to be believed. The fact that you think an argument of any value can be made within an empirical framework with regards to the truthfulness of religion leads me to think you're either autistic or just extremely arrogant.

My life experiences lead me to believe in the divine for sure. Yours might not lead you to the same conclusion. To accuse people like me of being stupid or lacking an ability to reason simply because we have different beliefs about religion or spirituality is really asinine. You might be intelligent but you're certainly lacking in wisdom or experience with human interaction.

Owen Perry
Owen Perry

are you illiterate

William Rivera
William Rivera

LOL

Yeah... you're right. :-/

Christian Evans
Christian Evans

So believing in religion in general is bad because they kill each other..

Then people each believing in Truth have killed each other, so fuck searching for truth

Isaiah Lopez
Isaiah Lopez

That's extremely vague and possibly not even meant to be literal.

In any event, have you considered that Judaism and Christianity are not the only religions on earth?

Brandon Stewart
Brandon Stewart

No but you clearly are if you think crap like agnosticism is anything but being a wuss who can't learn to shit or get off the pot. Pick a side now or suffer the consequences when the atheism revolution happens.

Cooper James
Cooper James

most of the people ITT are christian or some denomination of that so i would try to convince people ITT in those terms

Wyatt Foster
Wyatt Foster

i decided to dump my fiancee, become a knight of faith and take a leap to god

Jace Phillips
Jace Phillips

It's called Absurdism 2-bit stormfags.
It's a shame you jew fearing cucks don't study classical and pre-modern philosophy.

Michael Anderson
Michael Anderson

agnostic does not mean sitting on the fence between christian and atheist, it's more about god or no god, or that it doesn't really matter anyway in the long run, or that we will NEVER know because we will never have enough science to understand

but i know you wouldnt read any of that or try to udnerstand it because youre an asshole who thinks by identity politics

Jose Martin
Jose Martin

Most of (unprecise as fuck) Science back then (when???) was garbage and proven wrong (examples???). I'm sure you understand.

James Roberts
James Roberts

uragay
replying to blatant bait
pls

Blake Morris
Blake Morris

Too bad the religious community didn't realize that before entering the debate. Every abrahamic faith has been BTFO so completely they will never recover.

Lincoln Clark
Lincoln Clark

Hey Sup Forums, where do you go for intelligent non-repetitive philosophical discussion online?

It's obvious Sup Forums only cares about bait threads (the same unoriginal ones time after time) and fall for paid shills every time. Where can I go to still have politically free ideas discussed, but with a bit more intelligence?

Isaac Evans
Isaac Evans

Your disagreement with your (likely ill-informed) interpretation of Christianity has nothing to do with whether or not God exists.

Thomas Hernandez
Thomas Hernandez

Honestly dude you need to stop with the bullshitting cause you're fooling no one but yourself. Pick a side you indecisive cunt.

Isaiah Martinez
Isaiah Martinez

nowhere

Oliver Gomez
Oliver Gomez

One of the conclusions
yeah i'm not saying it absolutely disproves the existence of extra-terrestrial intelligent life, i'm saying that you saying it's 'extremely probable' is disingenuous based on the evidence we have.
which is hilarious since you're supposed to be the skeptic here.

Parker Murphy
Parker Murphy

ABSURDISM

Ryder Long
Ryder Long

every Abrahamic faith
ok

laughingmanabouttobebeheadedintheWest.webm

Gavin Mitchell
Gavin Mitchell

why do you pick a side instead of just waiting til we understand (even though we will never understand)?

Anthony Taylor
Anthony Taylor

intelligent
non-repetitive
philosophical discussion
pick two, at most

Jose Adams
Jose Adams

That shit is stupid

Carter Jackson
Carter Jackson

What's worse is that when we fulfill our burden of proof against the notion of jesus christ, they ignore it like retards and claim we are the crazy people. Theists literally are retarded.

Empiricism dominates rationalism.

The fact that you think an argument of any value can be made within an empirical framework with regards to the truthfulness of religion leads me to think you're either autistic or just extremely arrogant.
Never asserted that, theistic scum. In fact, my entire point is that, as you said, you can't prove it, so you essentially believe in that which you don't know. It's ridiculous and inferior.

So there are two significant classes of theists - gnostics and agnostics. Now the gnostics are full-blown mysticism nutjobs, because they assert they have knowledge of that which they can't prove. The agnostics at least have the decency to admit they can't prove God's existence, but they believe in that which they don't know.

Either way, it's an inferior alternative to the classes of atheism. I mean it's analogous to claiming there is an invisible monster under my bed, it's just absurdity, insanity. Once you understand the motives behind religion then you can reason the state of human affairs.

Samuel Garcia
Samuel Garcia

Because every single phenomenon that I witness can be explained by naturalism, and I don't need a "judgmental father figure" standing over my shoulder to be a moral person.

Nathan Miller
Nathan Miller

You can be precise about some bullshit you believe in doe

Science being the most precise doesn't mean it's the most true

Ryder Perry
Ryder Perry

Can I at least get 3? I'll sacrifice non-repetitive for the others.

Jackson Clark
Jackson Clark

le both sides r dum xD

You're not smart now PICK A SIDE BEFORE YOU GET LYNCHED DURING THE REVOLUTION

Henry Cruz
Henry Cruz

Of course there MIGHT be a God.

That doesn't have anything to do with whether or not you BELIEVE in one.

It's a SIMPLE concept I hope my CAPS helped
you intellectual COWARD.

Julian Morales
Julian Morales

Anyone who is a Gnostic atheist is straight up pants-on-head retarded and cannot be reasoned with. They're the same as Gnostic Christians, or Scientologists, or whatever.

The only intellectually honest way to live is being agnostic. I'm an agnostic theist, but I can see the argument for agnostic atheism.

Bottom line is most stringent atheists are people that are spoon fed bullshit and refuse to even recognize the flaws in blindly following whatever the most recent fad about the origin of the universe is.

The most pathetic part is when they keep propagating the big bang/collapsing universe meme even though it has been widely disregarded in the scientific community now. But they still blindly hold on to it because *gasp* it's the thing they grew up with, so they don't like thinking any more about it. It's seriously sad.

Joseph Foster
Joseph Foster

This.

Not being neutral in everything ever

Aiden Jackson
Aiden Jackson

Believing in science didn't invent the wheel, nor the aqueduct, nor the written and spoken language that you're using right now.

Engineering is what advanced technology. Science is what requires it.

Jackson Phillips
Jackson Phillips

or you could "Not" know whether god exists, or not claim to know.. fucking leaf bro

Alexander Gonzalez
Alexander Gonzalez

how is not believing in god being a skeptic? its literally just not being retarded.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation

Elijah Robinson
Elijah Robinson

I meant civilized countries. It doesn't really help the argument for religion that the most religious countries behave like animals.

Gavin Moore
Gavin Moore

That doesn't have anything to do with whether or not you BELIEVE in one.
what if I believe there might be one? :^)
It's a SIMPLE concept I hope my CAPS helped
you intellectual COWARD.
how's primary school working out for you?

Blake Bennett
Blake Bennett

I'm an atheist because i don't believe in god.

Lucas Long
Lucas Long

ultimately, empiricism is truth because of pure reason produces conclusions which contradict the senses, the senses override

senses override

Explain

Wyatt Robinson
Wyatt Robinson

I'm not

Brody King
Brody King

Gnosticism by virtue of the word derived from Greek means knowledge. In the context of religion, it is associated with knowledge regarding God. Your thinking is convoluted.

With me, don't worry the theistic scum go away after a while once I BTFO them everytime.

David Lewis
David Lewis

You don't have a choice. You're deluded because you don't understand the definition of "atheist" or "theist."

Jaxon Parker
Jaxon Parker

what if I believe there might be one? :^)
You are a theist.

Benjamin King
Benjamin King

As a Christian, I'll take this answer and have more respect for it. It's straightforward and honest without any bullshit. Just say it. You'd rather do shit that God doesn't want you to do. That pretty much sums it all up.

Ian Allen
Ian Allen

This pretty much

Asher Rogers
Asher Rogers

the fermi paradox is a reply to the drake equation, it's already factored in.

Jaxon Barnes
Jaxon Barnes

being humble about human knowledge
waaah stop being a pussy and pick a side

fucking 15 year olds i swear.

Jonathan Hernandez
Jonathan Hernandez

i dont believe in ~Le powerful lovable man in the clouds?

James Bennett
James Bennett

Every abrahamic faith has been BTFO

The West is not BTFO-ing Islam (within Western countries) in any way shape or form

IT'S GROWING

Hudson Phillips
Hudson Phillips

Engineering is what advanced technology. Science is what requires it.
I can 100% guarantee you don't have a STEM education. Please refrain from posting this stupid shit again.

Julian Edwards
Julian Edwards

if you don't know there's a God, you don't believe in God, which makes you an athiest.

Zachary Long
Zachary Long

It's simple. You either believe in a god (theist) or you don't (atheist). Talking about proving god or disprovin him is a moot point, since God can't be proven or disproven. God exists solely in the realm of belief

Adrian Thomas
Adrian Thomas

God exists solely in the realm of belief
solely

Proof?

Jayden Ross
Jayden Ross

if you don't know there's a God,
You can't know, because God can't be seen, heard or smelled. It exists outside of empiricism and "physical world". He will never be proven or disproven.

You simply believe in him or you don't

Asher Bailey
Asher Bailey

What if I don't care either way?

Carter Allen
Carter Allen

I'm agnostic, but I'll raise my kids as Christians like I was, because I don't want them to grow up to be some faggy leftist cucks. Atheism and agnosticism teaches no morals or values.

Parker Morales
Parker Morales

My parents are religious but they never forced any of their beliefs during my childhood.

When someone doesn't tell you stories about Jesus when you're 4 you just won't believe it.

I mean, I REALLY thought about god and existence in general when I was 20 while being educated on science and history, why should I ever even consider an Holy Book as a reliable source of answers?

I've still read the Bible for cultural reasons tho (I live in Italy and almost everything worth seeing and reading is filled with biblical references)

Nicholas Bailey
Nicholas Bailey

You can't prove anything related to god.

You either believe God/Gods did all those fancy things religions claim, or you don't believe

Elijah Sanders
Elijah Sanders

Um, no, I'd be a theist if I said "there is a deity" (and I may or may not have proof of it)
What if I say "maybe there's something"?

You don't know whether I'm eating an apple right now, according to your logic you can reasonably assume that I'm not eating an apple.
See my point?

Kayden Peterson
Kayden Peterson

how dare you assume that just because I am a dapper intellectual (unlike you fellows, heh) that I like Mountain Dew and doritos

I'll have you know I paint my walls with Behr Premium Plus while you paint your walls with your lies, heh

Nothing personable kid

Jose Gomez
Jose Gomez

You surely have a belief, a opinion regarding something as large and mainstream about religion. If it something that does not bother you, then you probably are a atheist.

Do you believe in God/Gods or you do not?

Gavin Watson
Gavin Watson

Doubtful. That's just immigration.

Jace Morgan
Jace Morgan

1 test.
I have a suspicion that reincarnation has merit and it is rather an infinite test until we actually get it right.

Wyatt Martin
Wyatt Martin

Nothing convinced me that there's a god. I don't think all religious people are stupid. Some have interesting ways of rationalizing their believes, but neither Gödel's ontological proof nor Pascal's wager do anything for me.

I'm open to spirituality and that there's a realm outside of reason.

Henry Wright
Henry Wright

why should I ever even consider an Holy Book as a reliable source of answers

Focusedly read the Gospel and you decide whether it's Holy or not

Adam Rogers
Adam Rogers

Bottom line is most stringent atheists are people that are spoon fed bullshit and refuse to even recognize the flaws in blindly following whatever the most recent fad about the origin of the universe is.
An order of magnitude larger degree with theists. I would put my money on the atheist walking down the street being debatable as opposed to the theist.

All the behavior you are admonishing is to a much larger degree in the theist community, so practice what you preach.

Robert Hughes
Robert Hughes

I'd be a theist if I said "there is a deity"
Yes, because you are saying you believe in a deity

What if I say "maybe there's something"?
What something? A higher power? A deity? Then you are a theist. It's simple.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page