/lbg/

Letterboxd thread: post profile and discuss what you have recently watched

QOTD: what is your favourite movie to watch on a Saturday morning?

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/Synt/
letterboxd.com/SwimmingPool/
youtube.com/watch?v=0jgrCKhxE1s
letterboxd.com/cinebro/
letterboxd.com/machill54/
letterboxd.com/cigarettes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

RIP. Think i'll watch rewatch branded to kill tonight (and maybe first watch Tsigoineruwaizen if i have time)

letterboxd.com/Synt/

Weird mix of films recently.

I thought Safe was wonderfully shot and looked gorgeous, but couldn't for the life of me understand what everyone sees in it. Is anyone a big fan of it here?

Not pictured is the 70s western Bad Company starring a young Jeff Bridges. Great take on the old west, sort of posits it as almost post-apocalyptic in how miserable and desperate the land can make people between pockets of civilisation.

letterboxd.com/SwimmingPool/

Last thread died so fast. I don't know yet what I'll watch later today but I miss watching something in french.

I'm going to sleep now.

End of blogpost

What a good start to the thread.

I feel guilty when I turn on the television before noon so I hardly ever watch movies on Saturday morning.

yo cunts ditch this shti site, reddit has al the best memes all the hippest discussion all the edgiest personalities, this whole site is dead man walking

Eli Gays

Yeah I couldn't really come up with an answer either.

>DUDE I'M SYNT LMAO SO COOL XD

*What a shit start to the thread.

No need to thank me

Don't watch pic related, it's garbage

forgot pic

Fuck you

Shut up Machill

Safe genuinely made me anxious to the point of making breathing difficult. I don't know why

>yuppie shit

>Is anyone a big fan of it here?
I am.

Previous thread:

that was a zany thread

Reminder: Blackhat is amazing.

Reminder: Emily Jean is amazing.

I saw [safe] in the theater when it came out and didn't really get if it was supposed to be funny like a satire or not. In retrospect I think it was. Like a satire/parody of self-help gurus who don't make you better and actually make you worse. Meh.

Safe is a safe movie, it's great.
Split had me split. it was meh.
Breathless made me breathless, it was so good.
Hating Bad Taste is bad taste.

>Youtubers

>He's my guy! Our guy!

ITT: plebs + babbies

and emily jean

Only one week left until the legendary launch of Nintendos newest home console/handheld hybrid

for the past 3 years or so i've been following vidya crap but i'm too poor to afford ANYTHING so yeah.

i wouldn't be caught dead playing a nintendo in public like that btw.

Nintendo used to be that cool guy who was in with the loser crowd (the geeks, the autists, weird people). They made games that they could enjoy in all their squeaky clean childlike ways.

But most of it's older fans have grown up and stabilized into normal people. The ones who don't occupy "normal" lives have otherwise moved on to other games and platforms that show more depth than the kind Nintendo has to offer.

Meanwhile, today's young adults don't really see themselves as belonging to archaic cliques and have evolved into a more complex arrangement of intersectional groups. There aren't really any real gamers anymore.

People that used to see Nintendo as a source of wild imagination have largely given up on their same old bag of tricks for every game. They woke up to how lame and lacking in edge their more recent games really are.

So what you're left with is a Nintendo who is just money hungry but also desperate to hang on to what little is left to it's legacy. It leads to stuff like the Wii U and then this turd that's stuck between the iPhone and the Xbox. You can practically hear the sounds of Nintendo's knees crawling on the floor begging the market (and the audience) for cash if he can just figure out what it is The Kids™ like today.

The Wii & Wii U weren't good. This, however, is just sad.

stupid animeposter

He's not *my* guy

Good to know no matter what movie I like, its assumed I have an agenda to like it

If Amaranth were a movie, Edgar Cochran would give her a 100/100
If Amaranth were a director, she'd be Federico Fellini
If Amaranth were a country of film, she'd be Italy
If Amaranth were a style of filmmaking, she'd be French New Wave
If Amaranth were anymore perfect, she'd be Amaranth

-Made by Anonymous on 6/3/2014

Why is Kenny so high?

Kate Plays Christine was so fucking cringeworthy. I don't understand why people seem to like it.

Christine looks like a rip off of Saw V

Still has a shitty pre-release poster.

Todd Gaines here what's up? You guys check out my most recent review ?

Sally Jane Black here what's up? You guys check out my most recent review ?

I love you bro.

I love you bro.

Emily Jean here what's up? You guys check out my most recent review ?

youtube.com/watch?v=0jgrCKhxE1s

More lazy than ever. Kill yourself

WHAT'S UP FAGS

Allow me to introduce myself first, My name is Cinebro, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are plebeian, boring, casuals who spend every second of their day talking about shitty superhero films. You are everything wrong with the board. Honestly, have any of you ever seen a French New Wave film? I mean, I guess it’s okay for fifth graders to have taste like this but you guys take it to a whole other level. This is even worse than playing Call of Duty all day.

Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I’m pretty much a true cinephile. I live in a booming city and work at an arthouse cinema. What do you do other than shitpost and talk about Hobbits? I also got straight A's at film school and have a banging hot blu-ray collection. You are all plebeians who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.

letterboxd.com/cinebro/

letterboxd.com/machill54/

tfw too sleepy to fully appreciate once upon a time in the west

Tfw big gun down is better

I know this is just pasta but
>resident evil
>5/5

"No."

letterboxd.com/27AMDi34/

>avant-garde
>short form
>nonobjective
>verse-film
>structuralism
>video art

wtf synt is a commie

triggered?

that'll happen when you orbit amaranth for too long

communism is good I watched a really good documentary on it recently called Soy Cuba, id recommend

>communism is good
>''documentary''

That should teach you about who you try to be a boyfriend of.
Avoid bad people. Avid the Synts of life.

Are Lion, Fences or Jackie worth watching at all or should I just skip

thank you for picking up the memes my friend

jesus dude just how insecure are you?

>Are Lion, Fences or Jackie worth watching
nope

>Are Lion, Fences or Jackie worth watching
sure

we'll damn now what

toss a coin, heads you watch it, tails you don't

If it were me, I would. But it's on you, buddy boy.

Are any of them particularly better
going to watch moonlight and hacksaw ridge probably tomorrow, could do a third but won't watch 5 that's obviously mad

Fences > Jackie > > > > > > > > not watching Lion > > > > > > > watching Lion.

Oh wow this is my letterboxd

letterboxd.com/cigarettes/

I've never seen synt talk about Amaranth

Where can I get Batang West Side? Only KG?

>Who Killed Captain Alex
>5 stars
Patrician.

Oh hey hi nice to have met you, you good?

mubi

Who's Emma and why is Emily excited that it's time for her?

your numbers are really cool
shame that no one will care since they're not doubels

who the fuck names themselves cigarettes

>Me: A person named cigarettes, here to have a good time

Bump for boxletters

Jess > Logan >>>>> Dean

he does

You do.

I do not

You do.

I do to

Ah-bloo-bloo

Finally watched popcorn after hearing about it ~3 years ago (when the blu-ray was still 'coming soon')

Some really nice ideas in there, shame it didn't come earlier in the slasher cycle, could have been great if it took itself more seriously

who the fuck names their movie popcorn