The Hobbit Trilogy

Do you like these movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kWS93ZuEKuM
youtube.com/watch?v=X4KhxvKD3Lw
youtube.com/watch?v=XdhpA2yPu1w
vimeo.com/126876193
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First has a good first half otherwise rest is shit.

I like the talking scenes from Desolation and the Elves because they were cool otherwise the cgi action scenes weaken it. Smaug was alright.

3rd film is a fucking 1/10. Horrible disgraceful filmmaking

Not enough bloom
inb4 legolas jokes

I genuinely enjoyed the slow beginning of the first film, but I remember being disappointed with how towards the end Bilbo starts to man the fuck up only after he gets the ring. None of the character growth was actually him.

Second one was really disappointing, it was a lot clearer how much pointless filler they had added.

Didn't even bother with the third one.

Basically this.

I liked the end of the 1st film though. I watched the final film a year or two after while sick.

Apart from a few good things its shit. I havent even bothered watching the third one apart of the two webms with the stairs and battle floating around.

>o shit a dwarf army standing shield to shield against a rushing orc swarm this might actually be worth a wat-
>FUCK YOU heres some faggy elves who instead of pelting the orcs from behind this protective wall of iron jump right in front of the attacking orcs

they could have made two good movies, instead they made three shitty ones.

I downloaded part three, and stopped watching during the opening scene when Bard used his kid as a bow. One day I'll probably bother to watch the whole thing, but I can't say for sure.

Pure kino

Or one really good one.

>mfw a 2003 video game has better graphics than a 2014 movie

maybe, but as I said I really enjoyed the first half hour of Unexpected Journey and I'd be kinda sad to see that cut

The love triangle with the fabricated bitch-elf was a travesty.

An Unexpected Journey:

Fucking great. The entire movie is comfy as fuck, especially the scenes in Hobbiton. My only real negative for this movie is the scenes in goblintown and maybe Radagast are a bit too much, but everything else is great. The scene with Bilbo and Gollum exchanging riddles is probably one of my favorite scenes..

8/10

The Desolation of Smaug:

Pretty good. Everything in the forest with the hallucinations and spiders is amazing. Smaug is a bit too dumb/slow/easily distracted at the final battle, didn't feel like that much of a threat. Wasn't bothered too much by the OC elf chick and Legolas.

7/10

The Battle of the Five Armies:

Meh. I won't say it's garbage, but it's not a good movie. Worst part is Alfred, they should've just fucking killed him instead of him taking up ten more scenes acting goofy. Also thought the weirdly mutilated trolls were a bit out of place. Had some decent moment, I fucking love the part where Bilbo talks to Thorin about the acorn he carried with him, but as a whole it just doesn't hold up.

5/10

the golden dwarf scene still triggers the fuck outta me when I remember it

yes I like the Hobbit - Dustin Lee Edit, simply because its the book and only the book, with 5 hours of filler bullshit stripped away.

check it out

>mfw a 2011 game looks better

First one is comfy adventure

Second and third are video game cutscene tier

HOW DOES A VIDEO GAME FROM THE YEAR 2000 LOOK BETTER

Tauriel was a terrible character, but goddamn if every moment she is onscreen I didn't have the burning desire to fill her elven cunt with my man-meat.

/tg/ is right, elves are naturally rapeable.

>Tauriel
Fuck you she was one of the saving graces of the last 2 movies and I am probably the only one who liked the love triangle.

No I am not defending these movies. Last movie is absolutely shit
YES IT IS GARBAGE

All she's good for is being fuck meat. Her inclusion was awful and a disingenuous way to try and create empty drama from nothing.

Not the theatrical cuts, they are absolute garbage

If you watch the Hobbit I can only recommend watching the 3 hour megacut that keeps it to the book content, cuts out Legolas/Tauriel and all the stupid shit like Alfrids scenes

Not to mention its just tonally better and has better editing

>Van Helsing music plays

Battle of the Five Armies was one of the worst films I've ever seen.

I have the Riddles as a short, that's it. Tried a couple of the trilogy edits and none of them even come close to making the experience palatable.

Peter Jackson should be shot and thrown out of a plane for what he did with Beorn.

Crazy how the first one was almost a beat-by-beat remake of Fellowship, yet it stayed true to the book.

It's a pleb filter. True patricians can see it's miles above LotR. It's just "muh childhood mammaries" making plebs think otherwise.

I went to see it with my family, after hyping them up and convincing them to go (we were doing family stuff near the mall around Christmas)

I've nevervwanted to walk out of a movie before so badly in my life

Balin: It's just the usual; summary of out-of-pocket expenses, time required, remuneration, funeral arrangements, so forth.
Bilbo Baggins: Funeral arrangements?
[reads contract]
Bilbo Baggins: Oh, up to but not exceeding one fourteenth total profit if any. Seems fair. Present company shall not be liable for injuries including but not limited to laceration, evisceration... incineration?
Bofur: Oh, aye. He'll melt the flesh off your bones in the blink of an eye.
did Tolkien learned his lesson, based rr martin

The first one is the second best Middle Earth movie. Only a nonce would say otherwise.

I watch Battle of the Five Armies : Theatrical Edition:
>Damn this battle scene is way too long, it must be over an hour!

I watch Battle of the Five Armies: Extended Edition
>its just another fucking 30 minutes of battle scene, kill me already
>Oh wait here's some drama and dialog, oh its more Edward Lickspittle... fuck you very much Peter Jackson.

Shit tier.

I hope the rights of Simiril never get sold to these bastards.

Very similar to I got my hopes crushed so hard during that videogame-esque escape/fight scene with the goblins, up until that point it was amazing and exceeded my expectations. And it was all downhill from there.
A select few scenes were alright in the later movies, but they were overshadowed by so much garbage.
Was stupid enough to look forward to Thranduil after all the hype but he was also sort of underwhelming in the end.

There was so much dumb shit in the third movie. Jackson said that the development for it was a clusterfuck where they had no time and were just making shit up on the spot, and it really shows

youtube.com/watch?v=kWS93ZuEKuM

youtube.com/watch?v=X4KhxvKD3Lw

this 100%

the first half of BOTFA was a decent build up with good moments. the fight should've just been bilbo getting knocked out and seeing the carnage after he wakes up.

>Unexpected Journey
B+. Not as good as any of the LOTR but at it's best it gets close. /comfy/.
>Desolation of Smaug
B-. It's fine. Slow first half and the barrel scene is shit. The Smaug and bilbo scene is pretty good. Alot of pointless plots and characters.
>Battle of the Five Armies
C-. Below average. For a generic fantasy movie that's fine, but for something like LOTR it's a steep quality drop. It's a pointless movie. A couple of neat scenes, but they can't save it.

>so WB how about we make a great LOTR based around the books and the great characters everyone loves
>DUDE SHADOW OF MORDOR LMAO

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

PJ's a big guy

Literally none of these films are good. The first one is possibly debateable if you're a pleb, so I'll discuss that. The other two are irredeemable trash.

>LMAO LOOK GUYS ITS FRODO (No time for any comfy dialogue or some short character development though GOTTA RUN)
>smexi Aragorn-lite dward rocks up last so everyone knows hes important
>lets make him dislike and distrust Bilbo so we can shoehorn this manufactured character arc into the film
>the nu-dwarves in general
>LMAO WARGS AND SKINHEAD GOBLINS OUT OF NOWHERE
>LMAO (ANGEL TIER OTHERWORLDY BEING) RADAGHAST DRIVES A BUNNYMOBILE AND HAS BIRDSHIT ON HIS HEAD LMAO
>LMAO THORIN VS ELROND FITE NITE
>ROCK GIANTS LMAO
>LMAO GOBLIN KING
>the Gollum seen was well done to be fair
>LMAO AZOGS BACK FOR ROUND 2
>LMAO BILBO 2.0 ARAGORNS THOSE ORCS LMAO

All of the films were just meme tier trash with quips and action sequences plenty to keep normies and mentally challenged children entertained

dwarf*
scene*

this guy nailed it desu

Can we all agree they they are mainly shit because of Del Taco, WB getting greedy with wanting a 3rd movie, and WB not knowing switching directors would require more time?

>botfa trailer hypes up beorn
>only 3 seconds of him fighting cgi copy and paste orcs

yes

They're better than the lord of the rings in every possible way. Such kino.
Do I fit in yet guys?

yea it was a shitty situation

How does a 1982 videogame hold up better?

But that's heresy, senpai.
This wasn't the final cut, was it?

My ideal fanedit would basically be narration and music over heavily cut footage from the films.

youtube.com/watch?v=XdhpA2yPu1w
vimeo.com/126876193

Because unlike Jackson's turds, games are actually fun.

It would've been better if that fat spic didn't quit, yeah.

perfect description.
first half of unexpected journey was lotr tier. then it all went to shit after riddles in the dark.
the cgi goblins didnt help since we've seen goblins in fellowship and they arent small red digitzed and retarded looking.

I liked the cast, designs and the music. I didn't like all the changes they made to let the movies count as a trilogy. It was just too long and all these extra characters like Tauriel and Alfrid... well nah, not my thing. The CGI was bullshit and the weird effects/filters whatever that were just everywhere killed the immersion almost completly. I really wish that they had more time, I remember all the hype when they first announced that there would be a Hobbit movie. Well fuck.

The first one, yes, the rest, not so much.

>non canon game set in a place where the made up mc only fights made up characters

oh wow it was nothing

>comfy

even though I agree with you premise you've just shown your hand as an idiotic memer. Nothing you post should ever be taken seriously.

Unexpected Journey: 7/10
Desolation of Smaug: 4/10
Battle of the Five Armies: 1/10
Meanwhile the LOTR trilogy is all 10s

what's good about it

gollum and smaug scenes were rad
everything else kinda sucked though