Why did the Roman Empire fall Sup Forums?

Angel Phillips
Angel Phillips

Because they killed The Gladiator and they couldnt return Rome to the people

Joshua Brooks
Joshua Brooks

A combination of power diffusion, degeneracy, cultural change, Christianity, and weak leaders. Anyone who tells you it was for one reason alone is not smart.

Cameron Sanchez
Cameron Sanchez

Because they let in people who could not assimulate and inflation

Alexander Lee
Alexander Lee

Christianity and uncontrolled Mass Immigration

Joshua White
Joshua White

No one really knows, but whatever it was, the Jews were probably behind it somehow.

Cameron Morales
Cameron Morales

Fags, queers and homosexuals.

Julian Hughes
Julian Hughes

Also immigration.

Lucas Wilson
Lucas Wilson

It slipped on a banana peel

Jaxson Nguyen
Jaxson Nguyen

Endless wars, degenerates, high standard of living = low birth rate.

Michael Morgan
Michael Morgan

this

Caleb Gutierrez
Caleb Gutierrez

it literally was solely Christianity tho

Hudson Powell
Hudson Powell

Sure thing.

Evan Price
Evan Price

Christianity was the only thing that allowed them to hold on for so long you idiot.

Gabriel Hall
Gabriel Hall

poor leadership and politicians, the division of rome and turning it into east and west, a failing economy and the huns forcing mass migration from germania through rome

Leo Young
Leo Young

It became multicultural

Lincoln Nelson
Lincoln Nelson

kikes and miscegenation

Hunter Ortiz
Hunter Ortiz

the Sup Forums universal quote for why things fuck up

Jason Foster
Jason Foster

This is an interesting lecture on the matter and there can be drawn some interesting parralels to today.

https://youtu.be/ltjH6HPs7vg

Andrew Hernandez
Andrew Hernandez

(((Christianity)))

Nathan Walker
Nathan Walker

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praetorian_Guard#Political_role

it got sold to the highest bidder

William Baker
William Baker

well plague user, mostly. that and the golden age of Islam

Jaxon White
Jaxon White

Jews.

Leo Baker
Leo Baker

they were all fucked up over lead poisoning

Liam Russell
Liam Russell

The jews made the romans crucify Jesus, and back then God was really a vengeful guy and not an apathetic cuck like he is today.

So it's the jews fault, as Sup Forums is a christian board you can't argue this.

Andrew Scott
Andrew Scott

Christians were the Muslims of today, their religion was incompatible with Roman culture.

Adam Barnes
Adam Barnes

They started relying on a foreign troops who could obviously turn against them. namely people of (((Germania)))

Hunter Harris
Hunter Harris

How did Christianity exacerbate it? Not denying it, but I want to know your reasons for that, since the others are all self-explanatory.

Jaxson Reyes
Jaxson Reyes

multiculturalism

the romans went off to wars in far away lands while subhumans moved into rome

Noah Morris
Noah Morris

Because you touch yourself at night.

Ethan Thomas
Ethan Thomas

Thats the trickiest one imo and the one i am on the fence about. From what i understand Christianity helped subvert the staunch and prideful mentality of citizens into something more squishy and abstract. As a Christian, i wont say Christian Rome was weak, but imagine if the US or the entire western world was fundamentally upturned on a set of core values. It would keep its strength, but all its members would be aware of the fact that the rome they are allied to was built on values they now see as wrong. Christian Rome and the Republic are axiomatically at odds, no matter howmuch power and influence they shared.

Lucas Rivera
Lucas Rivera

are you staunch

or are you squishy

this is the question to ask yourselves, family. I ask you to ask yourself this tonight.

Lucas Taylor
Lucas Taylor

tfw i teach high school history and have gotten too much in the habit of using these words

Daniel Green
Daniel Green

They bring down every civilization, really

Luis Powell
Luis Powell

Self-destructive government officials. Far to many men who would rather the world burn of they couldn't hold there office.

Sounds oddly familiar.

Easton Torres
Easton Torres

I reckon homo haters are actually closet homos having an internal struggle against their homo desires

Jason Long
Jason Long

And 'islamophobes' secretly want to be muslim right?

Michael Butler
Michael Butler

People got spoiled by civilization. Same reason the West will fall.

Wyatt Gray
Wyatt Gray

What kept the US together up to now wouldn't have destroyed Rome. Whats destroying the US now is what destroyed Rome.

Aaron Sanchez
Aaron Sanchez

nice doom's day prophecy bud

Nathan Wright
Nathan Wright

Christianity

It was the Huns and the other Germanic tribes you mong. And to think that it was the drought(?)/polar vortex(?) season that drove the Germanic tribes towards the Mediterranean to find food

Nicholas Brown
Nicholas Brown

but homophobia makes no sense. They aren't doing anything except rooting the same sex because they're attracted to it. Most people aren't homosexual so why the fuck does it matter that a portion of the population are homos.

It was absolutely normal part of Greek and Roman society before they became Christian.

Asher Jenkins
Asher Jenkins

noice

Ayden Parker
Ayden Parker

Are you trying to imply not every civilization is destined to ultimately decline at one time or another? Enjoy your wishful thinking.

Levi Adams
Levi Adams

Forgot link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im0IisZ77QI

Robert Adams
Robert Adams

Reminder.

Liam Bennett
Liam Bennett

T*rks

Justin Brooks
Justin Brooks

Rome was already declining before the Huns and Germanic tribes arrived.

There's a number of theories as to what led to the decline of Rome. I've read one theory backed by historians that in their Empire period they were essentially a pillaging economy and needed loot and slaves to grow and even sustain itself. They could only grow so much before they ended up in deficit because of maintaining and securing their territories. They slowly had to withdraw on themselves as they had no way to keep things going. And slowly got overrun with people from Northern Europe and finally the Huns

William Rodriguez
William Rodriguez

Jealous foreigners

Owen Morales
Owen Morales

Peek decadence. The values that were tried and true were thrown out for bread and circuses. Even the Byzantines in the closing days were engaged in near constant petty civil wars while the sand people chipped away at their crumbling empire.

Jackson Sanchez
Jackson Sanchez

the people saying that modern italians aren't the same as the Romans are mostly Stormweenies using references from Nazi Germany when their race "scientists" were producing propaganda to say the upper echelon of Roman society were aryans

Ryder King
Ryder King

American education

show me the historians that discuss decadence. How do you even quantify how decadent a society is?

Byzantium went into their 200 year period of civil war following the Fourth Crusade which pretty much burned every important part of Anatolia to the ground and brought in a void of squabbling factions. It had nothing to do with decadence.

Brody Perry
Brody Perry

tfw you will never march in testudo towards a Gallic barbarian horde as part of the III Legion of Gaul.
Why even live?

Matthew Diaz
Matthew Diaz

Thats fucking it, man. I'm killing myself tonight

Gavin Baker
Gavin Baker

3 generations of Christianity plus letting the kikes back in

Luis Ward
Luis Ward

you will never die valiantly defending your legions eagle as you are over run by vandals

Nicholas Morris
Nicholas Morris

Degeneracy is the cause of mass immigration of barbarians and Christianity

Lucas Jenkins
Lucas Jenkins

Rome lost because Germany had to start a war, like usual.

Xavier Reed
Xavier Reed

welfare state

Grayson Garcia
Grayson Garcia

Need a new frame with ISIS all over France and Germany

Asher Flores
Asher Flores

Humans got bored and wanted to try something new. Why does anything humans do not last?

Aaron Adams
Aaron Adams

I'd rather be a Gallic barbarian myself.

Bentley Taylor
Bentley Taylor

picture is Greece I think

Camden Watson
Camden Watson

This. Also people focus on the decline ignoring they had a very good run.

If anyone has a long commute, the History of Rome Podcast is excellent :

http://thehistoryofrome.typepad.com/

Grayson Harris
Grayson Harris

The Christians ruined it for everyone.

Isaac Jackson
Isaac Jackson

man boy love

too much of it

Kevin Miller
Kevin Miller

Totally explains why the more Christian ERE survived the onslaught of the Sassanids and Mohammedans.

Luis Gomez
Luis Gomez

This

Jonathan Jackson
Jonathan Jackson

poor people in the cities.
They should have enslaved all the poor people
and used them accordingly and it wouldn't have
fell.

Noah Morales
Noah Morales

This lol. The ERE, which was far more Christian than the West, survived for a thousand years after the WRE survived. About 600 of those as a major power.

Daniel Walker
Daniel Walker

Christianity extended the Roman empire if anything.

Parker Evans
Parker Evans

duuur it was christianity
I'm just going to ignore the eastern half surviving for another 1000 years XD

Go read a book you dumb ameritards

Luis Bailey
Luis Bailey

Before Christianity the concept of patronage (as in, a wealthy Roman sponsoring public works and projects like roads or food services, etc) was common and depended on. It was a way to immortalize oneself (doing good works would grant you the privilege of placing a statue of yourself in your town center for example). After Christianity this was no longer as appealing, as now there were Christian ways to prepare for the afterlife and feel like a good person.

Isaac Murphy
Isaac Murphy

multiculturalism

without a unifying identity degeneracy became the culture and eventually made rome weak enough to collapse.

Jeremiah Brooks
Jeremiah Brooks

i didnt know germanics were this stupid

really?
you are applying stupid shit from today in a different era

Grayson Ross
Grayson Ross

Byzantine isn't real Rome

Jayden Walker
Jayden Walker

You're so beta, you can't even annex the country of niggers next door.
Your opinion is literally irrelevant.

Joshua Bell
Joshua Bell

many italians are germanics and mixed with them
in the south you can find some people that look like romans but not in the north

Isaiah Miller
Isaiah Miller

gee it's like history tends to repeat itself

Caleb Wood
Caleb Wood

germanics destroyed the rome empire

everyone know this

Gavin Walker
Gavin Walker

Those Germanic migrations happened very late into the Empire, pretty much as it crumbled

Ethan Ross
Ethan Ross

Dominican Republic
I'm not listening to people who cant afford books

Jack Anderson
Jack Anderson

This.

Jace Jones
Jace Jones

t.germanics
why you germanics try so hard to convice yourselves that you didnt destroy the roman empire

Parker Morales
Parker Morales

Multiculturalism

Aaron Edwards
Aaron Edwards

every empire is multicultural but i dont expect a germanic to understand this

Thomas Cooper
Thomas Cooper

you mean your ancestor?

stop saying multiculturalism you fucking stupid pig

Lincoln Price
Lincoln Price

primary cause was the plague that hit them, kind of similar to how the Indians lost North America

Christian Murphy
Christian Murphy

and the eastern half got swamped with the huns too right?

Ethan Sullivan
Ethan Sullivan

Climate change. Literally. For all the faults of their decaying society, they could have limped along for another few centuries. But, the Roman Warming Period ended and the Dark Ages Cooling occurred so rapidly they went from growing olives on the banks of the Rhine to the hordes crossing the frozen river in the summer. To steal a modern quote, winter arrived.

John Sanchez
John Sanchez

and that plague was germanics and its funny because germanics was the plague that wiped out native americans

Lincoln Smith
Lincoln Smith

Dominican Republic

James Jenkins
James Jenkins

I'm not germanic I'm just correcting you on your third world education

Luke Brooks
Luke Brooks

mad germanic?

Robert Howard
Robert Howard

this coupled with the plague

Angel Diaz
Angel Diaz

what are you then?

Thomas Evans
Thomas Evans

Well yeah. With any mass migration you get diseases you're population is unaccustomed to.

Nathaniel Myers
Nathaniel Myers

Good. It just means savage uncivilized nordics are warriors superior to meds who where having orgies in their brothels and watching gladiator fights.

Joseph Williams
Joseph Williams

Actually it was from long term lead poisoning. The vinegar and wine they drank, leached the lead out of the pottery they used.

Christian Johnson
Christian Johnson

Not at all.
Your cultures greatest achievement was being slaves of white people.
Your a flea trying to stand with lions.
Your opinion means nothing.
SomeCulturesAreBetterThanOthers

Ayden Kelly
Ayden Kelly

because of multiple defeats in the hands of the persians and after those the arab further defeated them. and the ottomans too coupled with a economic downturn

Levi Brooks
Levi Brooks

THEY STOPPED RESPECTING THEIR LAWS, AND THE PEOPLE THEY HIRED FOR FALSE FLAG ATTACKS (AKA GERMANS) GOT OUT OF HAND.

SIGN THIS PETITION: https://www.change.org/p/berkeley-unified-school-district-fire-yvette-felarca

THEY WILL COME FOR YOU: https://web.archive.org/web/20060623230746/http://www.chetlyzarko.com/bamn-terror.html

THEY ARE UNASHAMED TO BRAG ABOUT IT: http://www.snopes.com/2015/06/25/luke-massie-smith/

Your home in ashes, your starving children strewn about you half-dead and sobbing, packs of vicious wild dogs roaming the streets of once-happy American suburbs feeding off the weak, the cities burning on the horizon and the ground rumbling underfoot from the Chinese tanks out enforcing the new government's mandatory curfew.

And always, through the din of screams and smoke and jackboots marching in unison, above it all you hear Obama laughing. It's been three weeks since you've had anything but pages torn from the family bible to eat. Your feet ache; your shoes have long ago been stolen by roving gangs of armed minorities and the tattered strips of the American flag you've bound them in do little to stop the cold, let alone the blisters.

THEY STABBED INNOCENTS IN SACRAMENTO, AND WERE KNOWN TO THREATEN OTHERS WITH KNIVES:
https://youtu.be/Ou_XUHgnNNI?t=3m55s [Embed]

http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/fund112006.php3

Just last June Ms. Gratz filed a report with Detroit police accusing Luke Massie, national chairman of the activist group By Any Means Necessary, of displaying a knife during a heated confrontation outside a state civil rights meeting. "It was one of several attempts to either intimidate me or attack my character," she said yesterday in an interview after a speech she gave at the National Association of Scholars meeting in Boston. She said Mr. Massie had a knife in his right pants pocket and toyed with it, pulling it halfway out of his pants but not drawing its blade. Mr. Massie denies the allegation.

Benjamin Rogers
Benjamin Rogers

nordics
germanics*

nordics were one of the tribes of course

Wyatt Roberts
Wyatt Roberts

Iranian.

and before you spout off your memes about Iranians being Arab, read;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_peoples#Genetics

I know who you are, you're that memester DR flag that posts the same easily debunked memes in every thread about history and genetics. Read a book for once, nigger

Adrian Stewart
Adrian Stewart

ok germanics

atleast romans didnt want to exterminated me and years later im using all of the things they invented

Nathaniel Murphy
Nathaniel Murphy

t. arab in denial

Christopher Hill
Christopher Hill

cant formulate a complete sentence
You're still use technology your people didnt invent
in a culture your people didn't build
in a city your people couldnt engineer
in a country your people couldnt make
but we didn't exterminate you
Whites 0 Nigger 1

Ryder Cook
Ryder Cook

iranians arent even arabs. iran is made up of lots of ethnicities with the biggest being persian, azerbaijani, turkish, lurs, turkmen, arabs and balouch people. learn history you dirty pajeet

Austin Gray
Austin Gray

t. arab in denial
hahahahahahaa

you dont make any sense, please stop

Evan Martin
Evan Martin

Mass immigration.
And Jews, obviously.

They were trying to create an EU superstate.
We voted to leave, and the Germans cucked them.

Then the whole thing collapsed and the muzzies tried to take over.
But by that time, the glorious Anglo Saxons had tried to sort shit out.

Thus a nation was born: THE UNITED KINGOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW9Uudkx42g

We wuz kanz n sheeit.

Zachary Carter
Zachary Carter

Nordic just means of the north. Germanics were north compared to Romans. Some were Alpine and Borreby, but Germanic culture was generally the same as nordic culture. They had the same pantheon and spoke similar languages.

Dominic Jenkins
Dominic Jenkins

statement is a little moot. I mean, of course you're using things others invented, because your own ancestors invented nothing

Michael Brown
Michael Brown

10/10
These are the people that are over taking the west
We're all fucked

Landon Smith
Landon Smith

implying i'm germanic
lel my ancestors are sicilian nigga

Kayden Ross
Kayden Ross

go to your cave with peanut butter and chicken which were your ''brilliant'' inventions

Nathan Gonzalez
Nathan Gonzalez

I'm just happy this DR nigger learned to read and write, good on him

Ryder Wilson
Ryder Wilson

this
that's why God says not forgive even one enemy and purge everyone. if you go to war do it properly, not even the women, not even the children

Levi Stewart
Levi Stewart

invented chicken
this is their actual argument
Stay mad

Eli Phillips
Eli Phillips

Economic collapse was a main factor. Now if we take a look at who were running most of the banks it would be...no one. No. Stop looking. It is a pure coincidence you goyi...shit.

Colton Nguyen
Colton Nguyen

The problem in western Rome with homosexuality became so rampant the government offered huge tax breaks to any couple that had a child.

It wasn't enough.

The birthrate plummeted so low the conditions for citizenship were lowered (less time needed to be served in the legion etc)

This wasn't enough.

It got to the point that Rome began basically undergoing the modern western phenomenon of importing tons of "barbarians" (non Romans) to try and fill the economic and social void.

This, , combined with several other factors, chiefly the corruption of the Senate, religious and ideological upheaval, and (surprise surprise) runway inflation to combat the lack of infinite growth an empire needs (sound familiar? ) left it ripe for the plundering.

Chase Gray
Chase Gray

thread about Rome
better post a Greek temple in the OP

???

Jason Richardson
Jason Richardson

illegal immigration
shitty politicians
under estimating their rivals because of past superiority

Luis Howard
Luis Howard

This. By 400 AD, corruption and ambitious generals/senators had all but ripped West Rome apart, leaving it vulnerable to invasions from the north and west.
germanics
Not Visi/Ostrogoths.
Not realizing that Rome didn't actually fall, but moved to Constantinople.
Stay pleb.

Chase Martinez
Chase Martinez

But Dominican Republic IS niggers why would they want to annex their brothas home

Luke Sanchez
Luke Sanchez

yep. the roman legal system prevailed - institutions lived on in the eastern roman empire - germanic tribes adopted Christianity and later the holy roman empire. the torch of western civilization stayed lit. western culture is the greatest the world has ever had because of Christianity and the longevity it provided to societies and institutions. todays euro-atheists threw the torch into the lake. Western Christendom pulled the entire world into the modern era, but only the pious can sustain themselves.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page