Has any athlete died while playing any american sports? In football there were some who died of heart related stuff

Has any athlete died while playing any american sports? In football there were some who died of heart related stuff

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Has-a-NFL-player-ever-died-on-the-field-during-a-game
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Chapman
youtube.com/watch?v=RPO-OhIz4UY
youtu.be/plvKlnguJVE
youtu.be/PZ295luzhtQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dale Earnhart crashed because he was enjoying his burger

Football is a sport asking a lot on your heart. Most players die because of a small deficiency.
I fear that players of american sports don't run enough (barely 500 m per match for american footie or baseball) to die like this

It happened once in the NFL, another Heart attack
quora.com/Has-a-NFL-player-ever-died-on-the-field-during-a-game

few neck injuries in the nfl

in high school football about 10 or 20 kids die every year. usually because of poor technique which is why you rarely ever see it in the pros.

some guy in college basketball died from a heart thing because his legs weren't able to support his upper body

Check out old American football formations

footballers die because there are thousands of clubs playing every single week of the year. Chances are some poor bastard will trigger his bad heart.
In handegg there are only a few hundred teams playing including college and they only play for a few months each year.

Not in pro or college, but high schoolers die all the time, usually because they had a previously unknown medical condition

Most high school deaths are from heat strokes. There's always at least a few a year.

Pretty sure back in the 50's or something there was a baseball player that took a pitch to the face and died from brain trauma.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Chapman

Oh, that's sounds kinda hot.

from all the blowjobs they give?

He didn't die but he probably wishes he did

That looks extremely painful.

Drew Bledsoe almost died, it was God's will to bring Brady out

4u

He's a big guy

it's usually kids who die probably because it's just a much larger sample size. As said our sports are less taxing on the heart so the biggest risks in all our sports aside from basketball probably is blunt trauma.

In baseball one major leaguer was killed by a ball to the head, kids most common death is getting hit in the chest I think.

Hank Gathers died in a college basketball game due to a heart condition. I think he is 1 of 2 players ever to lead the country in scoring and rebounding in the same season

corey stringer died from heat stroke
reggie lewis collapsed on the court died later

This
>Cleveland Indian
>night game (dusk)
>same ball all game, started turning brown
>couldn't see the pitch coming for his head

That's how the rule came to be for a rotation of fresh baseballs

How long did boreball games last when they used only one ball?

they were a lot shorter back in the day because the offensive talent was severely lacking.

rpi dale you brave pioneer

the first nascar to ever turn to the right

dale

high intensity workload (american football) puts more of a strain on your heart than light jogging

But footballers do more than light jogging
youtube.com/watch?v=RPO-OhIz4UY

Sure, so many more short distance sprinters die as opposed to long-distance runners.

There's been many deaths in hockey. Also, a couple occasions where throats were sliced, but they survived.
youtu.be/plvKlnguJVE
youtu.be/PZ295luzhtQ

>kids most common death is getting hit in the chest I think
Correct. HS boreball coach here, it doesn't help that the automated external defibrillators are expensive as fuck, especially for small, rural and poor schools. If a kid gets hit hard in the chest it causes commotio cordis. In my state, there is usually at least 1 death a season.