Am I crazy for thinking Dak is being let down by the Cowboys' coaching staff? Maybe I'm too much of a homer...

Am I crazy for thinking Dak is being let down by the Cowboys' coaching staff? Maybe I'm too much of a homer. But I saw enough throws in the Chargers game to convince me that he's legit. He seems like he's performed well in the past and performs pretty well in flashes even in the losing games. I just don't think he looks lost out there like most bust quarterbacks. Am I wrong? It feels like he could be doing better than he is.

Cowboys coaching staff is a joke, that's definitely not in question

He's a one year wonder.

Jason garrett won coach of the year last year. He is elite. Just chalk it up to injuries.

You crazy

Thought experiment: what would the Cowboys' record be if they were coached by Belicheck?

you mean all overthrows and bounce passes still haven't convinced you he's not shit?

This, Sean Lee would've caught those throws

No, they haven't, because he had too many games last year and this year where he played really well. I think the bad games are too drastic to merely be down to him not being good. I think there's something else going on.

He's a Zeke babby, how is that not obvious yet? Are you just going to keep making excuses for him every time he's exposed?

>Jason garrett won coach of the year last year

Holy shit it's true

Yeah but if he were truly shitty he wouldn't have won all those games, even with Zeke. We had Brandon Weeden and Kellen Moore in 2015 and they didn't win anything even with a good running game.

I don't want to make excuses for him, but I've seen too many good things from him to say he's bad. Past experience compels me to keep faith in him.

It's not a coincidence they've gotten destroyed in every game without Zeke. Dak isn't garbage, he's average

He is legit. Cowboys however are shit

He's a 2nd year QB.

He’s not a good thrower of the ball. He can’t make tight throws or fling it deep. Now that zeke is gone and he actually has to throw more he looks like shit

His lack of quick decision making and deep accuracy is usually masked by a strong power running game. It forces defenses to commit to run on play actions, which frees up space downfield for Dak and slows down the pass rush. When Dak is out defenses aren't worried about the run and they can force Dak to beat them in the air, which we've seen he is unable to do. He's a decent complimentary piece, but has yet to show he can carry a team on his own.

Dak is basically Russell Wilson circa 2013 if Marshawn Lynch was suspended for 10 games and their defense was ass

this

The running game with morris isnt bad at all....i think its more of a linebabby/not improving the playbook from last year (apperently its a new playbook made for dak instead of the romo plays they ran last year) and coaching/spirit issue. The entire team is playing like shook little babies.... literally everyone on this team has no drive except morris....

The run game with Morris isn't bad because defenses are letting him run, while they focus on the pass, because they can afford to. Before they had to gameplan against Zeke as the priority. The best run defense let Morris run a high of 91, on them Sunday, for a reason.

slightly above average, coaching has to do but he has shown that his ceiling might be limited if he doesn't improve next season cowboys fan should worry

Hmm.. good point

I don't understand this. How can you just "let" a player run all over you. If Morris is averaging 5 yards a carry than how would that be any different than Zeke doing it?

To add to this. I think the issue is Dak is trying to do too fucking much with Zeke gone, like he feels like this is his show now. And it is completely backfiring.

It's a coaching issue and a Dak issue. The coaches seem unable to scheme or adjust. And Dak apparently can't really throw down field or progress through reads fast enough. This has been said all last year, that Dak can't carry this team and win passing the ball. And these past few games are proving that. He is not good throwing downfield. We saw flashes of that last year. Now teams are cutting off the short throws and he is forced to go downfield, and it is not working.

happens all the time

>new guy plays well
>coaches figure out how to stop him

>oline not clicking and smith being out
>defense trash
>coaching staff trash
He’s good but he’s getting zero help, I think he’ll bounce back and I fucking hate the cowboys

Sounds familiar

You can take out every good Patriots receiver (which is literally what happened this season) and Brady will still make plays. He will pass it to linemen who have never caught a fucking ball and make touchdown plays. Plug and play literally any player into the team and they will still have the best offense in the NFL simply from Brady's sheer will.

So don't give me that abilities horseshit if he had ability he'd be making plays instead of getting chumped on every goddamn game.

Because they aren't letting him run for the first. They drop more guys back in coverage, while having the D-line/blitzers focus on the QB, and not the runner. Guys in coverage come up to make the tackle if the RB does get past the pass rush. They only focus on the run on short distances, where the run is obvious. Do you not understand that teams scheme to stop certain players? When Zeke's in he's the priority, allowing Dak to have less pressure put on him from the defense.

Smith was back today, buddy. The defense held the Eagles to 7 and the Chargers to 3 going into the half. At some point the offense needs to score some points. 7 (this one came off the defense picking it off at the opponent's 21), 9, and 6 aren't going to win you games.

My point is that Morris is averaging around 5 yards per carry. You can't be allowing that otherwise you are literally never stopping the run. So then they have to come up to stop the run and that's where the play action and what not comes in.

7-3 right now

Defense is doing it's job m8. I'm not saying the D is good, but I am pinning these losses solely on the Offense. If the offense was playing like it should the Cowboys would have blown these past 3 teams out. The offense is giving them zero help, and they can only hold on for so long.

You are blind if you aren't seeing Dak as at least part of the problem. That two point conversion today pretty much sums up Daks issues.

You can easily have a RB average 5 yards and still have to punt, or kick a field goal a couple times.

Dak's at least as good as half the qb's in the league. Which isn't saying much because most of the qbs are mediocre. Dallas doesn't even have a losing record right now which fits Dak's mediocrity perfectly. They aren't a good team through and through, especially without zeke. To fix this team, need actual receivers, zeke, a better defense, and a new head coach.

with >dak: 3-7

without a meme qb: 10-0

even the dark lord himself only has so much magic

sorry I forgot to include today's loss. Points still stand. This team can be good with Dak, not sure about elite, but good. Obviously if they find the next Tom Brady they won't need the rest of the parts I listed, but there aren't enough Tom Bradys to go around.

Here's an example of three 3 and outs, where the RB averages more than 5 yards:
>incomplete pass, 6 yard run, incomplete pass, punt
>incomplete pass, 9 yard run, defense stops the obvious run on 3rd down, punt
>4 yard run, 3 yard run, incomplete pass
Of course there can be sacks, 10+ yard runs, and completed 4 yard passes sprinkled in there. All that can happen before they even get into field goal range.

zekebabby

But wouldn't that be the QB not doing his job? That's what I am getting at. If the RB is averaging 5 ypc he is doing his job. And now it's on the QB to do his job. Which Dak is not doing.

dak is a shit

Which is why defenses can scheme differently when Zeke is out, because Zeke would be harder to handle in short yardage runs. And he's a top RB that could breakthrough that gameplan for huge yardage plays, where Morris can be kept to within 10. I don't get how you don't understand this. That teams would focus on stopping a RB like Zeke first.

Why do they keep making such a big deal about Sean Lee's absence? Does he ever finish an entire season?

Left tackle is out. That's doing him more harm than zeke being out

Dak can progress through reads it's just who is he going to throw to? Dez cannot get separation from corners, Cowboys have no legit downfield threat, defenses just need to play zone in the short end of the field to shut down Beasely and Witten so Dak is left scrambling without anyone to throw to and no one to hand off too with a coaching staff who is still playing a scheme based on a powerful run game to eat the clock

If Zeke would've just sat out the first 5 games, would they still be in this shit hole?

Okay. Then explain the missed passes to WIDE OPEN receivers? Or throwing the ball incomplete when Witten is wide open for a first down.