Can we have a Steve Martin appreciation thread? He's one of the greatest stand up comedians of all time...

Can we have a Steve Martin appreciation thread? He's one of the greatest stand up comedians of all time, and he's a terrific dramatic actor too.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cjjsz14hL48
youtube.com/watch?v=Gdubj4_idgk
youtube.com/watch?v=g8oNTq9MTd4
youtube.com/watch?v=6XI_-Z1nh-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=WPgurvq6MIU
youtube.com/watch?v=E0jAG-xIhqA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What is his funniest joke?

Shut up, Norm.

Crinkled cigarettes

Cuz I DONT GIVE A FUCK

I was in a local healthy/expensive type supermarket here in Kalamazoo, Michigan (we have a lot of those) and I'm in line to buy some ham at the deli there. The lady asked me what kind, and I said "I have no fucking idea what different kinds of ham there are lady" ENTIRELY to loudly and the guy behind me in line I hadn't noticed burst the hell up laughing.

I turn around. Steve Martin.

He kinda half leans around me and says "Honey glazed!" to the lady over the counter and I just kinda stare at him for a sec then smile and say thanks. I'm about to pay for it and he says "No way this one's on me" and pays the check for it right there. I was astounded, it was so awesome that I did the only thing I could think of ... The Three Amigos salute. Once again he cracks up and asked me if I had any idea how long it had been since someone did that. I said "a year?" he said "try ten".

We ended up having coffee at a place across the street. Turns out he bought a house in Kalamazoo, in a really expensive residential area, and has been living there a while. We talked about everything that wasn't his career for about 45 minutes before he had to take off because his deli stuff was gonna go bad. I shook his hand and said he made my year today. He smiled and beat my head in with a tire iron. I looked up from the floor, my eyes covered in my own blood as I made out a blurry image of an anvil being hoisted above his head. Through the ringing in my ears I couldn't hear his probably witty parting line before the anvil came crashing down, ending my life.

I really like this bit.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cjjsz14hL48

Could you provide a transcript? I do not have the bandwidth to view a video.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gdubj4_idgk

I love this guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=g8oNTq9MTd4

That was awful. Probably be better without video.

the bit about wearing men's underwear is a good one too

>a minute straight
>lol stereo, yeah so like stereo, lol i got this stereo, nah let me start over, yeah this stereo, lol stereo, lol, stereo, lol yeah stereo

I will never EVER get standup comedy.
Fuck that stupid shit, waste of fucking time.

When I was 12 I went to see Bowfinger in the theatre. I liked it very much and it was my fav movie with Naked Gun for a long time.

It's all about the mood he gets you in. It would be funnier if you had been there the whole show.

idk, seems like something a cult member would say

maybe you just bought into the bullshit? idk

This film is overlooked and shouldn't be.

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles is the GOAT holiday comedy.

DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS IS HIS ONLY FUNNY MOVIE

Best John Hughes movie hands down in my opinion.

The Jerk
Man with Two Brains
Plains Trains
Parenthood....
Face it he was good.

I like me!

>Face it he was good
His thread can't even get to bump limit

Only liked The Jerk. his family friendly shit was crap.

I busted in here to post this, glad to see some of the old guard remains.

That's not a thing. Batman VS Superman reaches bump limit a million times and it's dogshit.

If you don't understand Pennies From Heaven then you don't truly get him.
youtube.com/watch?v=6XI_-Z1nh-Y

That's your opinion, not empirical evidence of popularity like attaining bump limit

It's my opinion and it's also correct.

Have you ever been involved in any sort of humorous conversation before?

Sometimes things are only funny in the context of situations. It's why people who have been cracking jokes all night can end up splitting a gut over something trivial.

Part of stand up is getting your audience to respond to that. To make an entire room of people laugh is a lot harder than being a neet contrarian on Sup Forums.

bump limit data says otherwise

Post his best joke (in text form) or leave.

I chuckled

i never cared for the father of the bride and parenthood movies.

not an argument

Steve is a smug cunt that was never actually funny. He was just great at convincing people on cocaine that he was funny.

It was a request. I'd like to analyse his best joke. Then the argument would come.

Are you simple?

His 70s and 80s stuff is good but the newer films are really watered down garbage.

Literally autism.
An inability to understand humor.

not an argument

Wow, this explanation really makes sense.

When it comes to Steve Martin, it's not so much about individual jokes, it's just about him saying funny things.

youtube.com/watch?v=WPgurvq6MIU

O pointy birds, o pointy pointy.
Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Transcription?

When did posting links to videos become an acceptable form of rebuttal?

This thread still won't reach bump limit

Old White People Thread

i haven't watched the spanish prisoner since it came out, but i remember it being pretty good. feel like rewatching it soon.

Oh yes it will. I'm autistic enough to bring it there myself just to prove you wrong faggot.

So are mine

>is too autistic to listen to a Steve Martin video but thinks he can still properly judge him

youtube.com/watch?v=E0jAG-xIhqA

Big quints, guy

checked

What do bandwidth caps have to do with autism, friendo? Transcription please.

look ma i got quints

kek steve martin confirmed based

Those are big digits

For Hiru

>do what i say or leave
kek where do you think you are faggot?

“Ok, I don’t like to gear my material to the audience but I’d like to make an exception because I was told that there is a convention of plumbers in San Francisco this week – I understand about 30 of them came down to the show tonight – so before I came out I worked-up a joke especially for the plumbers. Those of you who aren’t plumbers probably won’t get this and won’t think it’s funny, but I think those of you who are plumbers will really enjoy this…

“This lawn supervisor was out on a sprinkler maintenance job and he started working on a Findlay sprinkler head with a Langstrom 7″ gangly wrench. Just then, this little apprentice leaned over and said, “You can’t work on a Findlay sprinkler head with a Langstrom 7″ wrench.” Well this infuriated the supervisor, so he went and got Volume 14 of the Kinsley manual, and he reads to him and says, “The Langstrom 7″ wrench can be used with the Findlay sprocket.” Just then, the little apprentice leaned over and said, “It says sprocket not socket!”

“Were these plumbers supposed to be here this show…?”

>When did posting links to videos become an acceptable form of rebuttal?
autism

That's really, really funny.

kek'd

>not having bandwidth for video is mental illness
Freudian projection, autistic friendo.

Classic plumber humor

A lot of the comedy is from his acting and voice. You're really missing out on what makes him funny if you expect all his jokes transcribed.

Wait, you really don't have bandwidth for YouTube videos? Kek what fucking third world shithole do you live in?

He has AOL 56K with SpeedBooster™

>phone poster
>hates Steve Martin
Really makes you think

Dr. Guapo, I'm Lucky Day

The Jerk is so great. At first I was like "not that funny, Steve is an idiot black man and he has a dog named Shithead" but then the movie hit the gear. Even Shithead grew on me.

I recommend Bowfinger as a light saturday afternoon funny bit. Martin and Murphy are playing it pretty kid friendly but it's fun. I kinda get Last Action Hero vibed from Bowfinger that most people are just too fucking stupid to understand kino.

Am I the only one who has seen LA Story? One of my all time favorites.