Why did Paul Allen gave Bryce his card when asking him to call, when they all have the same phone number?

Why did Paul Allen gave Bryce his card when asking him to call, when they all have the same phone number?

He just wanted to show off his business card

Because he was CHECK 'EM

someone call that number for the lulz

batemans card is really fucking shit.

I'll fall for the obvious bait.

They work in one firm so the they have the firm's number on their company cards.

It's supposed to look shit, to show his psychological flaws.

Ratings:

Paul Allen
Bryce
Van Patten
Then Batemen

Are you retarded? They each have their own office so their business cards should have their office phone numbers

Trips

I'd say

Allen
Patten
Bryce
Bateman

stop being a retard with the 555

It's the number to their work though

David's card is the best

it's not at the front of the number

Bateman is a VP with his own office and secretary. He's gonna hqve his ow number

This.

If Bryce had Bateman's font, or if Bateman had Bryce's paper and color, then they'd be third, but as is it's:

Allen
Van Patten
Bryce
Bateman

Have you ever worked in an office? They'd all have extensions, but they wouldn't all have their own numbers.

>Area code

What country are you in?

Calm down. Pat's card is not THAT bad.

A civilized one named Britain, where our telephone system apparently makes more sense

We invented the phone as well. Some made septic is gonna shitpost back brah.

>not including based Carruthers card
>green like money and gold like money

"No!"

>his firm doesn't have a set business card template

what a pile of shit

they're all frauds, probably banker boys straight out of uni who think they're hot shit but in fact work in an FX call centre on £21k p/a with 3% commission

user, it looks so soft

you cant see bryce's phone number though

its obviously different

Bryce>Van Patten>Allen>Bateman

Green for the money, gold for the honey

>what are extensions

is that a subtle hint that all his coworkers are imaginary?

American phones make perfect sense. (212) 555-6342. The (212) is the area code, and (212) XXX-XXXX is a New York number. If you've got (617) 555-6342, you're in Boston. Problem, Nigel?

It used to be that you wouldn't even dial the area code if it were a local number, i.e. one with the same area code. With cell phones that's changed, and if people dial numbers at all, they add the area code too.

Never understood that. Bateman is all about style and fashion and yet look at his card... it sucks.

>is that a subtle hint that all his coworkers are imaginary?

They all misspell "acquisitions" too.

you have zero style and or fashion sense then because that shit is boss

why is the spacing off on batemans card?

>PIERCE &PIERCE

You are out of your god damn mind.

Allen and Patten's card could both be argued as the best. Bryce's has the edge of Batemen's if only for the the font choice as Patrick's is all over the fucking place.

He legitimately has the worst card in that scene.

Better questions is why do none of these people know how to spell "acquisitions"?

l-lads?

Why are all 4 Vice President? I never got that.

Those cards are fairly impressive, but what do you think of this?

i was going to let that slide due to continuity

That's the joke. What do they actually DO for a living? We occasionally see them in an office setting, but we never see them working

Is this a joke? It's one of the themes of the yuppie culture satire of the movie, that their status means nothing and there is nothing about any of them that gives them any sense of identity.

In the literal sense, even a position as high as Vice President holds no weight because they all have the same job title.

I think if they do have direct lines then they only give that to a few people. you want regular plebs (relatively speaking) or minor aquaintances who you give a business card to to have to go through the company switchboard and ask for you. Its a minor inconvenience they inflict on you to show you that they are important.
They have ascended beyond the point where the business card template can constrain them. At least in their own minds

Also why do all of them have the same number?

The office's phone number, maybe?

>calls number
>secretary picks up
>hi, may I speak to Patrick Bateman?
>sure, I'll transfer you

all four men were actually different personas of the actual Patrick Bateman. The book hints to this often.

I don't know but god Van Patten's card is absolute garbage.

This. Timothy Bryce, for example, is the clarified version of Patrick Bateman and also an allegory of Dante's inferno. At one point, Patrick hints at an ashing on Bryce's forehead and at another point Bryce criticises Reagan harshly.

They are all the same person. Did you even watch the movie?

Bryce's card is the best because; Superior font, Coloring on the letters, Fine texture on the card(see pattens for bad), Color on the card itself compliments the colour on the text as well as the font itself.