So he's undoubtedly the GOAT of the modern era but how does he compare to the all-time greats?

So he's undoubtedly the GOAT of the modern era but how does he compare to the all-time greats?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceteris_paribus
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No comparison can be made ceteris paribus.

He's only 46, he's got plenty of time to cement his GOAT status beyond a shadow of a doubt

Let me know when he wins the CL without Messi, lad. Then we'll talk.

*flies away*

>ceteris paribus
what the fuck did he mean by this?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceteris_paribus

brainlet

>not being an economist

>all other things being equal

>b-but he's going to win the league
Mancini and Pellegrini both did that

>b-but muh record amount of wins
yes with stacked teams

>b-but we're going to win the CL this year
who's to say that

>b-but he can do it without Messi
lol sure.

just imagine how awesome is his life literally on weekdays just wake up in the morning dress up in comfy man city uniform have training session in dope ass training facility just stand there and pretend to listen consultants and force the players to bust themselves of running then you go on a nice breakfast in top tier cafeteria then you go to the swimming pool have a rest then nice lunch from the top chefs in world then again training and after that you have whole day for you, then you tap any girl you want or wife if you have one, go to a nice restaurant for a diner come to matchday in comfy uniform again give a little pep talk to the players say you can do it bla bla and just watch how they mercilessly destroy everyone and then come back home you have a whole weekend for yourself you check the papers praising you for your huge brain then after that you collect the paycheck and do whatever the fuck you want and on top of that you are in your prime years... i wish i was him...

Just apologise already

not until he comes to my club (swansea) and wins us a trophy, but he won't because this fraud needs a blank cheque to compete

Then why doesn't someone else have these stats?

he's at the top

No one will be better than SAF because he built a dynasty, ruled over it for 26 years and when got bored of dominating retired. He was Man United, he made them what they are now.

When Fergie was the age Pep is now, he'd only had one season at Man United

And won a European cup with Aber-fucking-deen

Fergie ran two pubs in Glasgow before he started managing, the rest was easy.

t. Ernst Al-Haddad

I'm saying there's plenty of time for dynasty building

Yes but what the fuck did he mean by this?

>he wins all the time everywhere he goes
>spain won 2 euros and 1 wc with his team
>helped an argentinian autist with growth defect become the greatest player ever
>develop groundbreaking tactics that have been imitated by other managers for a decade

he's the real deal, already top 5 goat

This He was dominating Real Madrid with meme clubs even before he came in United.

Pep can win 20 CLs if he wants I don't care, he always has stacked teams and spends billions on players.

*flies in*
he coached Messi, you know
*flies out*

he might be GOAT but he's also DYEL

more like

>manages Messi out of luck and barcelona connection
>watches how the GOAT moves every single day
>tries to implement what Messi has taught him to every single player he manages

>imagine not rating poop
lmao pls

What a stupid desideratum - measuring a manager's talent by whether or not he can win trophies with the hopeless.

>this fraud needs a blank cheque to compete
His elite, GOD-tier style of ball demands high-quality players. And he would never deign to the anti-football level of a Mourinho and park the bus to win trophies for shitty clubs.

I meant that one shouldn't make false comparisons. ...

Guardiola looks like a hipster

He's the best of all time because his tactics are superior to those before him.

pep bad manger becauyse could he win champions league with macclesfield town answer is no, alwasys need good player to win

Pep is the best manager of the World. Even EXPOSEDman fans can't deny it anymore.

Mourinho won the league and the CL with Porto. Then did it again with inter.

He's shit now, but pep will never accomplish anything of the sort.

*being a retarded neanderthal*

What if he wins the quadruple this season?

I'm not sure he needs to in order for him to be judged the better manager.

inter weren't stacked at that time? 5 leagues in-a-row inter?

i imagine Pep to be awfully skinny and hairy standing completely nude

mfw when brainlets get dubs

Mou won using cynical anti football. Pep is more revolutionary and influential even when he loses

>Revolutionary and influential
>Managing THE BEST players in the world

He's literally ancelloti tier for fucks sakes.

>winning counts less if i dont like it

this, messi truly was the messiah, he brought new light to the darkness that footy once was and pep is his most arrogant and self-glorious disciple.

looks like he shaved his arms in OPs pic, so mbby

There's no a single analyst, pundit, blogger, or owner in the world that likes the way Mourinho handles a team

Have some fuckin' standards, you poor bastard.

1 - ancellotti
2 - mourinho = guardiola

zidane already overshadowed him with back to back delicimas. If he adds something with french NT he will be no1 bald coach

imagine the pain halalfags are suffering right now lmao

United would be 10 points clear if Pep was their manager.
Delph Otamendi Mangala and Walker as his back 4 today. Sure their squad is good but it's not like they're the Harlem Globetrotters. Plenty of other great squads out there. The difference is they don't have Pep Guardiola as their manager.

Why the hell would >we be in pain?

One downside: he lives in Manchester.

Last year he was a fraud, now that he's raping the eplel he's the goat?
Just fuck off self centered retards

If everything else stays the same

Pep doesn't think like that, he's a crazy workaholic

>zidane
Imagine being this retarded. Literally how can you not make the same meme demands to Zidane as people here make to Guardiola before rating him? Without looking like a hypocrite I mean.

Besides, Guardiola already won every trophy in dispute in his debut year, so there's no way for Zidane to ever actually accomplish the same feat. Lastly, halal's football is total shit except for a handful of matches, but that's mostly my subjective pet-peeve.

Manchester is a great city. Good Museums and the china town district has lap dancing places open all day long and £40 for a massage with a handjob from some thai place.

I got high af two days in a row and went for lap dances and massages by myself it was phenomenal desu

asian girl kinda related

>what the fuck did he mean by this?
What the fuck did he mean by this?

Well you have to earn the ability to get blank cheques as a manager

Why are you taking my internet?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceteris_paribus

t. dentist

Paisley won more in less time, and unlike Ol' whiskey nose, he actually built a real foundation so the club had 30 years of success after him.

Whisky nose bought the FA, bought the competition, and then hired >Mouyes.

Pep's circumstances have always been very favourable. He won't manage a team unless they're so obviously the best team in their league and everyone else is rebuilding.

His Barca were probably the best team ever but Madrid was coming off a period of being utter dross and Atleti hadn't come good yet

He took over Bayern just as they'd stolen all of Dortmund's players

And now he's managing a City side that have had a billion pounds of good investment in them and are settled when the other big sides are recovering from periods of failure

If poop had gone to a club even of Arsenal's size - hardly struggling in the grand scheme of things - and done it I would have respected him.

The City job was always so fucking predictable.

>gets rekt by Waxtap
>undoubtedly the GOAT of the modern era

deep

I hate how people pretend inter weren't stacked at the time, or just plain ignore Porto's rival in the finals that year

Not a patch on Ferguson

>muh ferguson
do you realize only brits rate him right?
he was wank in europe, won 2 CL in a 932875938475 year period

Ffs, not again with this question.

Everyone rates Fergie apart from a few contrarians. Same with Pep

And Pep is a Rijkaard babby, at least Ferguson built the most successful club in the world into what it is now

>"Jose and myself would love to win a game 4-0 playing flamboyant football," he said.

>"You can't do that, you just have to find a way to win sometimes. That's the thing he does better than anyone else, including Pep. He wins more trophies."

Does Pards need to apologise too?

>how does he compare to the all-time greats?
Unfavourably

Tbh I wanna see him do it in Europe.

He kinda flopped at bayern really. Winning the bundesliga isn't exactly a challenge for them. Considering he inherited a champions league winning team he kinda underperformed.

Wanna see how he does with shiteh this season. Given its also the first time they've looked decent in the CL.

>wins the CL
it doesn't count because he just inherited a championship-caliber team

>doesn't win the CL
HE INHERITED A CHAMPIONSHIP-CALIBER TEAM AND STILL COULDN'T WIN FUCKING EXPOSED LEL

Patricians know the best coach ever was Guy Roux

Should have won the CL with Bayern. Probably the only "fail" in his career

to be fair he would have probably won the CL 2 years ago if Müller wasn't a bottling cunt

>imagine unironically thinking this is correct

Pardew is literally subhuman

Many analysts do.

Alsi,

>bloggers opinion on football

uhh

It's going to be hilarious when Sterling and De bruyne get caught taking the same hgh that Messi spent his entire youth career taking

t. arse fan

>SAF
>2 CL in like 50 years

LUL

mah nigga

>tfw just as SAF figured out how to Europe he came up against the best team ever twice and got refballed the year in between

Were it not for Barca he would have had at least 4
And he had he had the money United currently are willing to spend on transfers he'd probably have about 10

>>he's undoubtedly the GOAT of the modern era
>spend hundreds of millions buying up all the best talent
>win games and everyone calls you the GOAT
he's too smart for me

>but how does he compare to the all-time greats?

He IS the all time great.

sad t b h

If he manages a champions league win with City that would take him to 3, one more than Jose and Alex Ferguson and having dominated 3/5 top leagues, breaking records in all of them, getting the sextuple, being one of the few managers to ever win a treble, yeah if he manages the CL you can argue he is the best manager ever....but maybe not the "greatest" just because of how short lived modern managerial careers at clubs are.

If he stays for many years and wins the league a few times building a bit of a dynasty then he would go from best manager (tactically) to greatest manager (achievement wise). Imho familia.

He's not built a legacy like Fergie or Shankly/Paisley yet

>le roll the ball out to xavi/messi/iniesta man
>le roll the ball out to World Cup winning German NT man
>le roll the ball out to billion dollar oil money team man
no thanks

Name a manager that won 6 trophies in one season.

wrong pic lol

Managing a football team is not so simple.

>niggerball fan
Opinion dismissed.