SpongeBob SquarePants’ creator is diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)

> SpongeBob SquarePants’ creator is diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)

variety.com/2017/tv/news/spongebob-squarepants-creator-stephen-hillenburg-reveals-als-diagnosis-1202007865/

F

Not familiar with als what does it do?

RIP

Lou Gehrig's disease is horrible. My neighbor's son died in his 30s from it. His wife had to carry him around the house in his final months.

What about your wife's son?

Your muscles slowly die until you no longer have the strength to breathe and you suffocate. It's named after Lou Gehrig a famous baseball player who died in the '30s from it. He gave a famous speech while dying counting his blessings.

Makes you paralyzed so bad you eventually die from being unable to breathe aka trapped in your own body syndrome. Stephen Hawking has it and is the longest known survivor.
Also ice bucket challenge was for this.

Stephen Hawking has it

ALS is a nervous system disease that weakens muscles and destroys physical function. Over time, you lose your ability to chew and swallow, and you'll eventually lose your ability to breathe.

Most people who are diagnosed with it have, at most, 5 years to live. My grandma died 2 years after she was diagnosed with it. It's a fucking horrible way to go out, and I don't wish it on even my worst enemies.

>Also ice bucket challenge was for this.
I thought it was for attention.

Yes, it was to bring attention to this disease.

Really? Because I heard all about the ice bucket challenge and had no idea it was to benefit ALS. I assumed cancer.

Not even the guy you replied to.

It started off for ALS then the normies took over.

Do you still have full control of your brain with ALS?
Poor guy, I always looked up to him.

depends on what you mean

you don't lose cognitive ability, you'll stay as sharp as ever (e.g. Stephen Hawking). Things like motor function however become beside the point when your muscles degenerate

F

"A" IS FOR AMYOTROPHIC, THAT MEANS THAT YOU CAN'T MOOOOOOVE

"L" IS FOR LATERAL, AS IN YOU WON'T BE WALKING AT ALL

AND "S" IS FOR SCLEROSIS, FORGET THE DIAGNOSIS, DOWN HERE IN THE PATIENT WARD!

lel

How about you go

Good, spongebob has been shit for the past decade

OCEAN MAN

no (You) for the tripfaggot

:(

THIS KITCHEN'S NOT THE SAME

WITHOUT YOUUUUU

[Spongebob Laugh]
GYHAHAHAHAHAHAH

DELET

Ever notice how Lou Gehrig died of Lou gehrig's disease?

This is good

It's crazy, isn't it?

HAPPY LOU GEHRIGSES DAY!
HUURNNA DUUURDNGA SHURRRMININ

wow. it's weird the way nature works.

>Do you still have full control of your brain with ALS?

Yes, it's "amyo"trophic for a reason, it's muscular.

Stephen Hawking has ALS, so obviously the brain works just fine. He's a serious outlier case though, most die in 3 years.

he was number one.

Got me

HUURNNA DUUURDNGA SHURRRMMMMMMMNNNNN-

Spongebob hasn't been good since the first movie when he left. Even when he came back, it was still too far gone.

Sucks for the guy but Spongebob needs to die as it is.

>Do you still have full control of your brain with ALS?

Yes, this is probably one of the worst aspects due to your awareness of your diseases progress. It is entirely within the central nervous system, you have absolutely 100% mental capacity until your death, it doesn't affect your brain in any way.

DOWN HERE WITH MY ACHING KNEES

That's not real

holy shit man