Is this the greatest film?

Is this the greatest film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1c1L2kmlSR4&t=5983s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's good

the story is pretty simple also. it's just about self improvement. all the symbols and religious imagery is there but it's mostly window dressing

>it's just about self improvement
Did you even watch the film ?

>i need a pretentious film to show my internet friends my super uper knowledge about films

Is this the one where Jesus shits in a cup?

yeah. it's about destroying the ego and your worldly possessions. facing your fears, climbing the "holy mountain".

The characters search for immortality (a lie) but what they really learn is that they can turn themselves from excrement into gold. The film ends by showing that it all is just a film and urging the viewers to climb their own "holy mountain" in real life

>my first jodorowsky

Recommend a jodorowsky film

seconding

Miraculo! Miraculo!

youtube.com/watch?v=1c1L2kmlSR4&t=5983s

Where the fuck can you get this movie?

>pretentious

youtube

???

The paid store on youtube is america only

It's just constant shoved symbolism which ironically makes the narrative even more simpler and finite.

The only redeeming factor of Jodorowsky films are the visuals, everything else is trash.

Is this Schrödingers movie?

How can a film be a 1/10 and 10/10 at the same time?

The greatest piece of garbage film
Yes

It's only 1/10 & 10/10 until you watch it.

Lrn 2 quantum physics

Thepiratebay

Is Alejandro Jodorowski the biggest hack in the history of cinema? When you hear him talk you can realise he doesn't have a clue about what's talking about. He just puts random stuff and some very obvious methaphors and then pretends it's "deep"

Fucking jew spic

Only faggots use the word pretentious.

I would agree with this but not about it being trash. I'd argue it's largely opaque, ironic symbolism meant to encourage interpretive thinking and visual amazement, with the ending being a 'gotcha' moment. Then occasionally you get those pretentious people like who come out still thinking there's a deep spiritual meaning to it all. It's a 2-hour, $5million troll, and a really good one at that.

Half of the movie is intended to give you an existential shock... but its done in such a good way it diserves credit.

There is not much else to it.

Sadly modern "art" tries the same through overstepping all boundaries and values of good taste. But its always done cheap with no real effort or substance. And because of this I can`t really stand the movie, because it feels like more of the same. No, I`m full thank you.

Some anons said once that the ending was rushed because he was out of budget, but wanted to do some other stuff, like have the characters fly or something.
Is there a source for that?

Jodorowsky is the No1 film pseud filter.

The correlation between people who love his movies and people who don't know jack shit about cinema is astounding. Truly the Thierry Guetta of film

>Only faggots use the word pretentious.
says the pretentious butthurt tryhard faggot

Boo the movie is bad no cute little girls

how do you explain jodo letting jesus go with that girl and monkey?

he thought it was funny

I liked it but dance of reality is better, unironically good and doesn't go full retard with the symbolism.

source?

i saw as him telling us that our life is over when we get wife and kids, no chance to see the final act and break the illusion of a holy mountain

Have you ever seen the Cremaster Cycle?

El Topo

It's garbage, Jodorowsky is garbage

I Will Walk Like a Crazy Horse

DUDE ESOTERIC SYMBOLISM LMAO

It's heavy handed trash that only stoners like.

I recommend you Jodorosky comics
Don't bother asking in Sup Forums. Not enough transexual lesbians to ship.

its a film for brainwashing people into new age zealots. i fucking hated the movie.

I think Santa Sangre is my favourite film from Jodorowsky. It's not as weird as his others but it still is beautiful.

These trips dont lie, that is such a nice movie.

Yeah mang those Incal books are a real trip.
Jodorowsky's Dune is a cool doco too.

It is pretentious garbage. The Andy Warhol of movies. Avant-garde artists make me want to go on a homicidal killing spree and purge them from us

I'll credit it as the biggest cinematic prank of all time for its ending but thats about it....

In the Santa Sangre commentary he openly admits he puts in scenes and imagery just to fuck with peoples heads, it has no deeper meaning, at least as far as he's concerned.

Pretentious is a buzzword for plebs.

Retard

Dude it's about all the ideologies we have and Jesus, after all, being the one to climb the HOLY mountain.

I like practically every individual element of it, but as a whole it's full of hot air. I rally think he had too much money for his own good. El Topo is far superior.

Yeah, and what he produces is both compelling in its dialogue with other art and graceful in its integration to the whole of the narrative being told and the picture he makes.

The Holy Mountain is the original and until BvS only capekino

Dune

>DUDE
>RANDOM AND WEIRD XD

Correct - Faggots new to film will try to feel superior for pretending "pretentious" isn't a totally applicable criticism in this context.

lol
memes

>self improvement
Wow, learn yourself some Hermetic Arts fag

its shit

It's up there as a comedy. I get the impression the people that hate holy mountain love movies like the nice guys and sausage party

>Not enough transexual lesbians to ship.
What the fuck are you talking about, one of the metabarons was the body of a female twin born without a brain, that steelhead grafted the brain from the male twin into because he promised his waifu the girl would survive.
Hell a major plot point in the series was the sacred androgyn, which is a hermaphrodite.
Sure it's basic alchemical symbolism, but that doesn't change the fact that its lousy with chicks with dicks.

DUDE LOOK AT ALL THESE SYMBOLISM

DUDE I'M LIKE SO SMART

i saw this movie while drinking in the jackalope in austin

AHN DEN DE MAN HE IS METAPHOR FOR HEZOOS CHRISTO HE GO TO DE MAN ON DE MOUNTAIN DEN HE SMELL DE SHIT AND DE SHIT MAKE HIM ENLIGHTENED THEN I SHOW FACTORY TO SHOW CAHPITAHLISHM IS BAHD - Jodorowsky

it's a rape film written and performed by a rapist

>"Fuck, my peanut brain can't comprehend this movie."
>"It's ok though, anyone who like this I can just prescribe as pretentious."

Is El Topo better than Holy Mountain?

I enjoyed it when I was 17 and just started drinking and doing drugs

Looking back now, its really pretty shallow and the symbolism is right on the nose. Its not good

if you want a meta film about life rife with symbolism, just watch synecdoche new york

Its better
Sante Sangre is the best out of the bunch though

Greatest ending in cinematic history.

>Looking back now, its really pretty shallow and the symbolism is right on the nose. Its not good

jodorowsky wasn't trying to much more than that, its pretty much just satire. he obviously didnt take it super seriously look at the ending