David Taylor
David Taylor

delete this

Hudson Reyes
Hudson Reyes

West of what?

Cooper Green
Cooper Green

You might as well paint the whole fucking world.

Jason Adams
Jason Adams

every country who hosts us base is part of the (((international community)))

Landon Garcia
Landon Garcia

yuropeans still dont realize they are part of the eastern world

Kayden Foster
Kayden Foster

I'd say maybe Catholic/Protestant Europe (ie not Orthodox) and nations where its diaspora is dominant culturally.

Brandon Wood
Brandon Wood

Russia hosting US troops
wat?

Andrew Brooks
Andrew Brooks

The 'Western' world is simply an euphemism for the 'civilized' world. We just can't have the distinction of 'civilized' and 'uncivilized' because of PC and shit and came up with 'Western' and 'non-Western'

Austin Roberts
Austin Roberts

'civilized' and 'uncivilized' because of PC

Not at all idiot.

Nicholas Ward
Nicholas Ward

Argentina
Uruguay
Western
This map is fucking stupid

this one is more accurate

Juan Davis
Juan Davis

ayy lmao mi hombre

Russia has troops in the U.S.
We have some training treaty with them

James Russell
James Russell

embassy security guard and shit

Camden Sanchez
Camden Sanchez

http://www.petition2congress.com/ctas/russian-troops-in-america-confirmed

It's part of training excersizes

Jace Flores
Jace Flores

Lebanon is western influenced as fuck

Camden Torres
Camden Torres

how are we not western
we're unironically more european influenced than you, given that you have huge black and mexican influences

Jason Watson
Jason Watson

So because the US has latino "influence" we are less western than a full on latino nation?

I do agree Uruguay should be Western but you can't be more Western than us.

Hudson Green
Hudson Green

If this was 1965.

Christopher Morgan
Christopher Morgan

They are the western, they define what's western and what's not.

Parker Howard
Parker Howard

Countries where the majority of their founding population is Europeen

Jayden Long
Jayden Long

I agree with this not even a CHI

Nolan Cooper
Nolan Cooper

its just USA and Europe

Caleb Richardson
Caleb Richardson

flag
not a CHI
eyyy ese

Aaron Hernandez
Aaron Hernandez

Black Americans are western

Luke Wright
Luke Wright

ladino :DD
mexicans and central americans aren't western societies. They have native influence since their beginning. Those are the 'ladinos' that influence the US. We don't have any natives

Daniel White
Daniel White

There's literally no reason not to count Portuguese/Spanish-speaking, Catholic, democratic, US-influenced, literally geographically west Latin America as western.

Ryan Phillips
Ryan Phillips

umm sweetie its 2017, the world doesn't revolve around europe

Evan Collins
Evan Collins

It means derived from the Western Roman Empire, the core of that would be those nations formerly a part of the empire, for the most part LATIN Europeans. Western culture spreads out from there.

Logan Rodriguez
Logan Rodriguez

I guarantee you do they were just better assimilated. Part of being a New Worlder was that your nation was built on ancient Native lands. Same with USA/Canada.

Now, what sets latinos apart is Spanish influence, including Spanish language, culture, religious traditions (often fused with Native). Spanish also often had sex with the Natives where the British did not do that so Latinos are more mixed on average vs Anglos.

Logan Carter
Logan Carter

Hint' its because they are too brown.

Ethan Murphy
Ethan Murphy

educación americana

Alexander Morgan
Alexander Morgan

no, they weren't numerous and were hostile. Our country's government had multiple campaigns through the years to exterminate them because they took people's cattle and didn't give a shit in general
Their language died, there are no charrúa blooded people and the last ones died in France as part of a freak show

Dylan Cooper
Dylan Cooper

poor, corrupt, african/native influence

David Howard
David Howard

Ladinos are Sephardite Jews dumb fuck. Mexicans are both Western and Native American, one does not negate the other.

Dylan Ortiz
Dylan Ortiz

then why are you using such map projection

Joshua Ward
Joshua Ward

People are including Eastern Europe which is way way less Western (and probably poorer/more corrupt) than Latino America.

Matthew Carter
Matthew Carter

You're unironically proud of this? Uruguay today is culturally an extension of Rioplatense culture for the most part, those traditions (eg tango) are not uniquely European but syncretic. Mate for instance was originally a Guarani custom.

Luis Powell
Luis Powell

Venezuela hosting US troops looks even more surprising.

Lincoln Adams
Lincoln Adams

I was mocking americans bunching up mexican people and uruguayan people like we have anything in common

They were awful people that wouldn't assimilate so it was either that or segregating them, causing social division for the centuries to come so yeah I'm kind of glad it happened :^)
also they weren't that many
tango is syncretic
I fail to see how tango has any native thing in it
Rioplatense customs are mixed bruh
literally the only native influence here is a couple of words that quechuas and guaraníes forced in Argentina and Mate. We have no quechuas or guaraníes for that matter
So, no, living in this continent doesn't necessarily make you a mixed culture. That happened in places densely populated by the natives or just to big to properly eradicate them all. We are small and flat pastures, it was easy for our willing people to do that

Benjamin Adams
Benjamin Adams

also no, being both western and native american makes you mestizo. Mexico is neither western nor fully native america, Mexico is mestizo just like most latinamerica

Levi Russell
Levi Russell

You're the western as fucking Guatemala and if not so give any proof

Grayson Allen
Grayson Allen

Nice english western man

Brody Rogers
Brody Rogers

what kind of proof other than the fact that we annihilate muh noble indians
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ind%C3%ADgenas_del_Uruguay
desu I prefer this to mexican malinchismo. Being part native and still sucking yuro dick. Disgusting

Oliver Hernandez
Oliver Hernandez

We are western, look at him

Matthew Wright
Matthew Wright

Logic not exist in your map

Adam Wood
Adam Wood

Outside of Europe: USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand.
Inside Europe: Anything not in Yellow in the attached pic.
Basically anything West of the Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Romania, Serbia, Bosnia line.

Juan James
Juan James

the ethnicity has anything with the western civilization ,if you know what is the definition of the West you should know that

Tyler Russell
Tyler Russell

How are Greece, Cyrpus and Greenland western?

Jackson Edwards
Jackson Edwards

Luxembourg is truly the most enlightened nation.

Connor Evans
Connor Evans

i didn't realize tibet was an independent country wow
also i like how the sources and notes section is completely blank

Carson Mitchell
Carson Mitchell

Sandnigger religions are about as definitive of the western world as cancer is. Fuck off.

Grayson Johnson
Grayson Johnson

South Africa need to be west too ,and the part of India that speak English has a strong west influence

Bentley Clark
Bentley Clark

Christianity is a Mediterranean religion.

Adam Carter
Adam Carter

I didn't claim Tango had native influences, only that it wasn't solely derived from European tradition.

"Tango is a dance that has influences from African and European culture."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tango#History

Gaucho culture is mestizo culture as well. Now, I'm not going to get into an argument regarding your country's identity, I'll concede you people succesfully atained the South American ideal of an ethnic European nation, regardless of my finding distateful your justifying the crimes that led to that. This however is a discussion on culture, for the most part what is unique about your culture is syncretic, arguably yes, it isn't most of your culture which is largely derivative.

Yes, we are not in colonial times, Western culture was never a racial preserve, less so now that in colonial times, and purity has never been a requisite to it as clearly demonstrated by the influence of orientalism in European art and culture. Just because Mexico is heir to Amerindian culture doesn't mean it's any less a participant or descendant in Latin/Western culture, it doesn't work like that.

Jackson Long
Jackson Long

Angola but not Mozambique
Zimbabwe in 2017

Liam Harris
Liam Harris

Just because Mexico is heir to Amerindian culture doesn't mean it's any less a participant or descendant in Latin/Western culture,
Yes it does. Romans don't look like beaners.

Angel Ramirez
Angel Ramirez

wasn't referring to ethnicity but to influence in our current culture. Natives have no influence in our culture

Andrew Mitchell
Andrew Mitchell

All Latin American countries had an important western history (3 centuries of been part of a European crown is no light thing). From that we got European languages, religion, architecture (and other forms of art.and literature).
I mean. Now days you see Nations with a western inspired government systems and the mainstream culture is mostly derived from the European powers that owned the lands. Sure, from country to country you see a different amounts of influence from amerindian culture. But not even Bolivia is free from all the characteristics previously mention.

Still I could totally get someone not considering LatAm as western. But yeah. Those were my thoughts on the matter.

Carson Cook
Carson Cook

They didn't look like Scandinavians either, insults are not an argument.

Aaron Ortiz
Aaron Ortiz

Scandinavians
Western
HAHAHAHAHAHAH. They are Northerners. The true west is the Mediterranean and Persia.

Cooper Jenkins
Cooper Jenkins

The only real answer.

Parker Perez
Parker Perez

So what exactly is the Uruguay culture influence??
Greece
not Westerner

Hudson Hughes
Hudson Hughes

What About mate and gauchos?
And wasn't Tango influenced by African culture?
I obviously don't mean to say that your country isn't mostly influenced by Europe. But, aren't those thing I mention part of the Uruguayan culture as well?

Asher Ramirez
Asher Ramirez

Persia
See

Joseph Martin
Joseph Martin

Argentina has More natives than my country, Brazil or Venezuela, yet they're somehow western. Aight. If that's the threshold, then all of Latam is western

Isaiah Hall
Isaiah Hall

My bad, I revised it.

The genetically western world.

Gabriel Diaz
Gabriel Diaz

Who the fuck cares? I wonder why this place has so many autistcs

Ethan Flores
Ethan Flores

Greece is something of a controversial point as it was the core of the Eastern Roman Empire as Byzantium, many peoples who don't consider themselves western today, as in the case of many Russians, draw their connection to Greece and Rome through the Orthodox/Hellenic East as opposed to the Catholic/Latin West.

Luis Morgan
Luis Morgan

and Persia.
persian detected

Gavin Thompson
Gavin Thompson

same shit

Jackson Jackson
Jackson Jackson

The native Evropean man should care not if he is western or not. Civilization in general is a desert idea. The native Evropean is one with nature and reverse his forefathers. Better to be a barbarian than a slave to (((them)))

Hunter Jenkins
Hunter Jenkins

Its a middle eastern semitic religion

Landon Rogers
Landon Rogers

Having a few western influences =/= being western influenced

James Jones
James Jones

USA, Canada, UK, France, Ireland, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Norway, Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Spain, Portugal, Italy

Germany is borderline, cause i would define east Germany as east

Leo Robinson
Leo Robinson

Judeo-Roman-Greco-Christian culture and political background.

This is why Turkey and most of Eastern Europe are not Western, and why Developed Asia is neither. Yet, Australia, New Zealand, and certain other former colonies are.

I hope that's somewhat accurate. Not 100% sure if I was supposed to use memes.

Charles Harris
Charles Harris

RoC has no US military presence at all. We don't even train with them or land there/stop there.

Bullshit.org

Ryder Torres
Ryder Torres

"troops" probably means there's people working for an American agency on the ground cooperating on stuff like customs/migration. On China that probably means a handful of people on "liaison" roles.

Noah Reed
Noah Reed

You've got to break this stuff down.

Jonathan Butler
Jonathan Butler

t. Arab rape baby

Daniel Jackson
Daniel Jackson

Western world
Don't care as long as Finland (one of the most Eastern countries of Europe on the border of Russia) isn't included. If you must butcher and relabel geographic locations based on cardinal directions by following weak political divisions insyead, do it without us.

Jace Bennett
Jace Bennett

Hint' its because they are too brown.
Even in the mind of a racist that doesn't make any sense. USA is much 'browner' than, say, Argentina.

Adrian Gonzalez
Adrian Gonzalez

Iberia good
How come you didn't include Cuba, Costa Rica, PR and Colombia, which are arguably the most Iberian countries in Latam?

Aaron Robinson
Aaron Robinson

The only 'influence' west had on us are the bodies of your countless ancestors who died in failed invasions and are now fertilizing our fields. Stop deluding yourselves.

Jose Reed
Jose Reed

this is a good map although PNG should be western influenced

Henry Sanchez
Henry Sanchez

America is distinct from the rest of the western world though

Julian Wright
Julian Wright

Zimbabwe is still shaped by English colonial rule and running us out didn't change that

t. Zimbabwean

John Fisher
John Fisher

Yeah that's why the Russian Empire tried to hard to imitate Western European empires, right? Right down to your flag, which Peter the Great literally just stole from the Dutch

Daniel Lee
Daniel Lee

Yeah that's why the Russian Empire tried to hard to imitate Western European empires, right?
Care to provide an example? One would be enough. And no, a flag doesn't count.

Juan Hall
Juan Hall

mate, Iran literally means "land of the Aryans"

Adrian Taylor
Adrian Taylor

Just one? Peter The Great introduced the Collegial System, which he took from Sweden, if you count that as Western enough

Adam Miller
Adam Miller

I have a big brain, you are all brainlets

Jaxon Rogers
Jaxon Rogers

And Peter also made major military reforms to make the Russian army far more similar to that of European armies.

Kayden Thompson
Kayden Thompson

Greece
not Spain

Easton Wilson
Easton Wilson

Spain has never emulated anything Western, even Japan does a better job.

Luke Hill
Luke Hill

I know right, nothing western here

Charles White
Charles White

wow Arabs have that shit too, I guess they're Western now!

Ethan Garcia
Ethan Garcia

Peter's state reforms didn't even last 50 years and military reforms we're in no way inspired by european armies. So, other than one westaboo emperor, how exactly did Russian Empire 'imitate' the West, its biggest enemy?

John Hughes
John Hughes

Let's say all European states are trying to imitate ancient Romans and Greeks.

Ryder Adams
Ryder Adams

Science, literary form, classical music, even communism ffs

That guy must be trolling

Zachary Campbell
Zachary Campbell

Science, literary form, classical music, even communism ffs
Are you retarded? Science was not invented by the west, russian literature and music has nothing to do with the west and I won't even comment on whatever you meant by communism.

Grayson Butler
Grayson Butler

Science
Friendly reminder, that first european universities was just imitation of moorish islamic madrasas.

Robert Davis
Robert Davis

Science
So you developed your own scientific system independent of Newton, Lavoisier, Darwin or Pasteur? You do understand there's been some advances in between Aristotle and smartphones.
Literature
And Dostoievsky I take it invented the novel, short story and essay as genres
Music
Same as Tchaikovsky independently came up with orchestras and music notation

I get it you people inherited Classical Greco-Roman culture through the Orthodox/Byzantine route but come on, if you're denying you were influenced by the renaissance and the enlightenment you must be delussional

Adam Gonzalez
Adam Gonzalez

That is a matter of some dispute, regardless if you want to talk science as a discipline that was Classical Greece.

Robert Wilson
Robert Wilson

denying you were influenced by the renaissance
Of course we were. All europeans (western) countries were. But we were also the part of it. Do you deny than Tchaikovsky is a western classics, lol?

Camden Rivera
Camden Rivera

So your whole point is?

Jose Turner
Jose Turner

Russia, positioned as "western influenced" is pretty much ayy lmao.

Anthony Phillips
Anthony Phillips

Absolutely not, and I'll fully agree with you Russia was an important and influential nation in the enlightenment era producing many classic works.

So if not only were you influenced by the West but were a part of its advancements how is it you don't consider yourselves Western?

Tyler Lopez
Tyler Lopez

So you developed your own scientific system independent of Newton, Lavoisier, Darwin or Pasteur?
Modern scientific system is a direct continuation of the Islamic one. Do you you who came up with algebra, the very thing upon which all modern mathematics and therefore science stands on? Pro-tip: not westerners. And yes, russian scientists were working independently of european ones, imagine that.
And Dostoievsky I take it invented the novel, short story and essay as genres
I don't even know how deluded one must be in order to think that it was Europe who 'invented' the idea of prose.
Same as Tchaikovsky independently came up with orchestras and music notation
Or music.
I know, that westerners have quite an inflated sense of self-importance, but this is just insanity.

Henry Sanchez
Henry Sanchez

Protestants=western

Henry Davis
Henry Davis

how is it you don't consider yourselves Western?
Who, me? You mb confused me for some dugin-putinist scum, lol.

Gavin Hernandez
Gavin Hernandez

I would just like to say that Mexico isn't Western but I do consider myself Westernized which I think a lot of other people living outside of the West can relate to.

Joseph Nelson
Joseph Nelson

Modern scientific system is a direct continuation of the Islamic one.
... which is, in part, direct continuation of Byzantine one. The Greek one.

Mason Perez
Mason Perez

If South Africa counts then so does Namibia and all of Latin America

Elijah Moore
Elijah Moore

The thing is if Russian culturenis not western then what it is surely not asian

Oliver Perez
Oliver Perez

surely not asian
Our culture comes directly from the Greeks. Greek was the language of culture in Russia, when it was Latin in Europe.

Ryan Bailey
Ryan Bailey

Greek is western

Caleb Anderson
Caleb Anderson

Then, we Russians are more western than Europeans lol.

Jose Miller
Jose Miller

Algebra is not Arabic but Greek/Persian, Arabs did contribute to it but were not the originators. Even so called arabic numerals come from India. And no, your scientists were not working independently, the very point to science is it's universal, another Western value, btw, did Russians come up with the periodic table or the idea of evolution on their own? No, they took that and when they discovered something they in turn shared it, which doesn't mean modern science wasn't for the most part developed in Western Europe.
prose
Not the idea of prose, but the modern forms it takes, the novel evolved from the romance, not everything that's a large work of fiction written in prose is a novel, there's elements to it such as Aristotelian unity which despite its name formally developed in the renaissance.
music
Except I was clear about orchestras and Western musical notation, wasn't I? Tchaikovsky followed Western form, he did not use the forbidden motus lascivus nor did he stray to use exotic instruments, other than the damn cannons. Have you heard traditional African, Arabic, East Asian or Native American music? They're all different from Western music in a way classical Russian music is not.

Mexico isn't Western
Do you speak Nahuatl by any chance? Did you not go to a Western school? Were your parents not raised Catholics? Are you aware there's such things as science, the fine arts or a philosophy derived from the ancient Greeks in Mexico? Were there not Baroque buildings were you grew up?

Ryan Nelson
Ryan Nelson

Whole world is western influenced

Daniel Garcia
Daniel Garcia

ancient greece isn't western

Grayson Ortiz
Grayson Ortiz

Maybe you confuse western europe with western civilization

Alexander Cox
Alexander Cox

did Russians come up with the periodic table on their own?
Are you fucking shitting me?

Ryder Rodriguez
Ryder Rodriguez

it is surely not asian
We never called ourselves asian. And what exactly is asian? Are Indians asian? Arabs? Iranians?

Brayden Torres
Brayden Torres

Neither classical Greece nor Byzantium were western.

Ayden Brooks
Ayden Brooks

Mendelev
Kek, I'm not even going to try to defend that mistake. yes, I went full retard in there

Robert Phillips
Robert Phillips

source

Owen Harris
Owen Harris

delete all the countries in africa except south africa

Colton Stewart
Colton Stewart

Once again you mistake western europe which russia and greece clearly are not with western civilization which is a division thousand year old even the roman republic in a world when greece were west and persia were east so yes russia is western civilization, cina and idea for example are east

Lincoln Thompson
Lincoln Thompson

*China & india

Sebastian Gonzalez
Sebastian Gonzalez

European countries which were not communist + East Germany, Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand

Ryan Hernandez
Ryan Hernandez

better map

Hunter Wood
Hunter Wood

Du Russians really believe they are not part of Western civilization?
They were ruled by German upper class for the better part of their history

Isaac Jackson
Isaac Jackson

Nowadays:
Countries that went (too) deep down under the American influence during and after the Cold War

Ancient meanings:
Europe (in comparison to Asia, including Russia)
and then from the 19th, European and Anglo Saxon countries (countries populated by White people)

Michael Bailey
Michael Bailey

Everywhere you go there is land till the horizon and it feels all dreams can be archieved. And the land is full of treasures to find.
There is almost no women though, so in a way it's also a gigantic prison of nature.
Good survival abilities and horsemanship are important.
The place usually is violent, and you must be ready to fend yourself against people who will shot you without a second thought.
Indians can't into grammar, but they can be pretty chill if they're not trying to kill you actively.

Jordan Taylor
Jordan Taylor

US
western
ummm you're kidding me right?

Aaron Nelson
Aaron Nelson

They were ruled by German upper class
That "German" class spoke Russian and was of Russian Orthodox religion.

Brody Ross
Brody Ross

Just to make it clear: are you saying, that China and India belong to the same civilization? And that Ancient Rome is the same civilization that modern Europe?

Michael Edwards
Michael Edwards

They were ruled by German upper class for the better part of their history
Is it what they tell you in school?

Christian Cooper
Christian Cooper

Just so I can get this straight, Latin Americans, who through partial Spanish ancestry are far more likely to be descended from Roman Citizens than Scandinavians, who follow in the same religion as the late Roman Empire and speak a languge derived from Latin are not Western but Nordics and Germanics, the descendants of those the Romans called barbarians, are their true heirs?

Daniel Gonzalez
Daniel Gonzalez

Well that's dumb, we all know your upper class spoke French.

Aiden Kelly
Aiden Kelly

are far more likely to be descended from Roman Citizens
Citizens of al-Andalus more likely.

Evan Morgan
Evan Morgan

No, Russkie, memes aside that's bullshit. And what the fuck are you an Arab boo or something?

Nolan Smith
Nolan Smith

Yep. But that doesn't means upper class was French either. Also, after 1812 use of French decreased.

Jeremiah Gomez
Jeremiah Gomez

No it's a division made by "western" people, for the ancient west they don't care if china or hindu valley were the same thing

Nolan Martin
Nolan Martin

I suppose, and we can all agree, that you cannot be of western culture, if you're not white. And hispanics and arabs surely are not.

Logan Murphy
Logan Murphy

This

Colton Roberts
Colton Roberts

hello

Wyatt Butler
Wyatt Butler

Also, for those who are interested, from China their vision is (or was):
domesticated barbarians
near countries or people under Chinese cultural influence
barbarians
the rest of the world

Ryan Reyes
Ryan Reyes

be ruled by French speaking Germans
we are totally not European

Evan Long
Evan Long

Yes, because culture is genetic, is that what they told you at the Madrassa?

Noah Baker
Noah Baker

Real rulers in her time were Orlov, then Potemkin.

Adam Wilson
Adam Wilson

She converted to orthodoxy and didn't speak of word of German after coming to Russia.

Adrian Lee
Adrian Lee

and didn't speak of word of German after coming to Russia.
Because she spoke French?

Adam Moore
Adam Moore

All Germans and French if they were granted russian citizenship, were forced to speak Russian and baptize to the Orthodoxy. Drastic contrast with some european states, that were really ruled by foreigners.

Luke Clark
Luke Clark

Russian and French, yes. In fact, she knew French better then German, because it was also popular in Germany when she was a child there.

Eli Myers
Eli Myers

Gallomania was a trend in Europe in that times, so it's not particularly unusual.

Ryan Parker
Ryan Parker

Mexico is a hybrid of western and indigenous culture

Jose Hernandez
Jose Hernandez

Yes, it is, this would also be the case for Scandinavia.

Jose Ross
Jose Ross

Sami? they're pretty irrelevant, and i believe they are westernised anyway. indigenous mexican culture is preserved and is uniquely non-western. stop thinking western = good and non-western = bad

Evan Peterson
Evan Peterson

So how does it make Russia a non-European country?

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page