What are some examples in film or television of the emotion being conveyed here?

What are some examples in film or television of the emotion being conveyed here?

Other urls found in this thread:

wikiart.org/en/ilya-repin/ivan-the-terrible-and-his-son-ivan-on-november-16-1581-1885
youtube.com/watch?v=QyaDlIirJnw
youtube.com/watch?v=7gogezOlJDs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bergman films

Fuck

/thread

kill list

this was my first thought

Im gonna be a turbo autist and ask what exactly is the context of that painting

A proper autist would have just reverse-image searched it and gotten this:
wikiart.org/en/ilya-repin/ivan-the-terrible-and-his-son-ivan-on-november-16-1581-1885

The old man in the picture was having an argument with his son, and in a split second moment of rage shot him in the head.

The scene here is directly afterwards, when he immediately comes back to his senses and realizes what a horrible thing he has done.

fpbp

That's not really the same. The painting is depicting regret after acting out of rage. In The Mist, the regret comes from the fact that the suicides weren't necessary.

Woman In Love.

>shot him in the head
he beat him with a scepter

perfect

They're still both a reaction of pain after making a rash decision that ended in the killing of your son, only to come to the realisation of what you've done moments later.

But the motivation makes all the difference.

>I decided to do something awful and then later realized I didn't have to

is a lot different from

>I rashly did something without thinking that I now instantly regret oh god my entire line of succession is fucked holy shit my entire legacy and dynasty is ruined forever

Godfather 3 ending

youtube.com/watch?v=QyaDlIirJnw

The Ozymandias episode of Breaking Bad.

Godfather 3's iconic scene first comes to mind.

>IM ACTIIIIIIIIIIIING

Maybe American History X

He doesn't regret anything in that movie

This painting is pretty sad. Probably the only painting to elicit an emotional response from me.

you should look at more paintings buddy

Come and See

Not him,but give more feel inducing paintings

>when you nut but she still sucking

Not on the level of OP's, but the dejected hopelessness speaks to me.

First thing that comes to mind is when Daniel screams "I'VE ABANDONED MY BOY" in TWBB. The yell and changing it to boy unprovoked is the only small crack in his shell, and you know inside he feels something like this father here

wojak?

youtube.com/watch?v=7gogezOlJDs

/thread

Russian artists seem to have a more profound understanding of the human condition than other nationalities. You see it chiefly in their literature, but their paintings are breathtaking as well.

Taras Bulba

gib more pls

actually at this point in the movie i don't think he knows the suicides are unnecessary yet, its right after he shot them and is mad/sad that he has to survive

harakiri 1962
ran 1985