youtube.com/watch?v=E3LeZNlI0Xg
youtube.com/watch?v=MTGlrcReWrk
youtube.com/watch?v=x-xpMRCnJRE

HOL UP WHITE BOI I KNOW YOU'RE KILLING DEM

Awful

Nice one

Who did it best?

1 > 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3

If black guy will be nerdy and socially awkward i could buy it. But if they go the route "he is cool NIGGA, he is squatting like a slav and hacking and techno genius and can build his own computer" - then 'm out.

Holy shit

Is this true?
I haven't seen anything about the film yet

SIDOH CONFIRMED

WE

WUZ

JEWS

AND

First L looks too much like the anime.
I haven't seen L2, but looks like a chad, so no.
L3 is making a public speech, so he should just die already.

i could've swore the 3rd one was from code geass

>is making a public speech, so he should just die already.
He is in court proving he is not Kira and he dindu noting

JUST

U.S. National Film Registry of the Library of Congress for being deemed "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant"

This is going to be garbage, but I can't fucking wait to see Willem Dafoe as Ryuk, holy fuck is THAT going to be great.

>I haven't seen L2, but looks like a chad, so no.
He's actually the most entertaining and potentially smart L too.

During the bus jacking Light sets up, L gave /Mark Dwellton/Raye Penber a fake FBI ID, Light couldn't kill him and almost got caught/killed.

That's literately the only thing I care about in this.

Dude seems like he's trying at least.

My biggest complaint at this point is the outfit.

Light looks worse than L. At least Dafoe is good casting.

>original Light is mastermind perfect student, easily charismatic and popular at school while having the reserve and discipline of a fucking war general. amazing villain with good "why"

>american Light is hobbit looking emo faggot who probably is terrible at lying and spills his heart out every episode

seems accurate acttually

>L showing a part of his face, let alone making a fucking public speech
I get they are trying a different perspective but that is seriously against anything L would have done.

Is L's theme just Tubular Bells?
youtube.com/watch?v=1hbQpjYtbps

MUH DIVERSITY
MUH WHITEWASHING, BUT ITS OKAY IF ITS A BLACK PERSON

Just in case anyone doesn't know yet, they aren't keeping the original plot

It's gonna be like the dragonballz movie, same characters, same basics, different plot

You can grit your teeth now

Imagine the hype if they had announced that they were going to use the original soundtrack, and have it actually still be in Japan

yagami = I'm a gay
Turner = Turn around and take it

There are no problems here

Dropped

But can we talk about the fact the Misa is an edgy cigarette smoking cheerleader? What kind of shit is that?

The whole thing is a mess. They ruined a good anime.

I feel like they'll downplay Light a lot so he's likable to normies. The true Light is an egotistical psychopath. They'll hate that. I bet they'll make him treat Misa well too.

Normies would hate it.
>"WHAT? YOU MEAN I ACTUALLY HAVE TO READ WHILE I WATCH A MOVIE??!?"

That scene made me cringe so hard.

Lets hope this and GITS flop. Anime isn't for American normies. It's ours and Japan's.

Wait the middle one is misa? oh no...

It'll probably be pretty good. Not like the anime is a beacon of great story or plot.

This is gonna be a trainwreck.

>Japan
>Misa is a loyal cute idol that would even give her life for Light and loves him no matter what
>America
>Misa is a cigarette smoking cheerleader

What DID America mean by this? Why do Americans have such shit taste in women?

Well I really like it.

>Light If you dont know who he is get out of the threadis a random disney channel tier teenager
>Misa Over the top loud emotional blondeis a dark haired gothic girl who hangs out at hot topic
>L Weird socially awkward kid geniusis a random black guy that shows no signs of uniqueness
>Ryuk The demon is Willem fucking Dafoe the green goblin from spiderman which is actually gonna be scary as shit but not in a good way
>Watari Crippled old man who takes care of L is going to be a middle aged dark skinned asian

J
U
S
T

Do you think they'll include the foot massage scene?

wtf that bitchass kid aint asian. fuck this.

I don't mind the actors but why do producers try to change the source so much? Why can't we have good things?

I just wish I could personally congratulate the guy who thought of casting L as a black person because it is fucking GENIUS.

It just works on so many levels if you think about it.

1. Light (The white man) uses the Deathnote (metaphor for the Bible and Christianity since Shinigami are basically angels) to kill L (Intelligent and talented black people)

2. L is a black detective, trying to bring Light, a white criminal, to justice, but uses his White privilege (Deathnote) to essentialy establish that there is a different justice for white people and prevent real justice from being served and killing L.

3. Light (White people) uses the Deathnote (US Criminal Justice System) to decide on his own who is a criminal and who isn't, who dies and who lives, and metes out cruel and unusual punishments to them.

It's just so fucking BRILLIANT, my mind is absolutely blown right now, it's not even funny.

>a random black guy that shows no signs of uniqueness

Mark my words, he's gonna be Mr. Robot that speaks in ebonics.

It doesn't look bad.

It looks like an American adaptation of a Japanese anime. I just wish they changed the names "Light Yagami" to "Light Smith" or something, would've made more sense.

But anyway, it looks ok. I don't care, come at me bro.

It's Light TURNER now.

Well you're entitled to your opinion. It's very likable, but it's no masterpiece.

I don't get why people have this annoying when a show gets an adaption, calling it "ruined". It's like, original Death Note is still there, you can still watch it, you can still talk about it with other people. Sure, maybe there will be a few people that watch the show and not the original anime, and might have a lowered opinion on the franchise, but who cares? You can just point them to the anime.

Besides it's not like this show will overshadow the original, there are tons of shitshows on netflix. If it looks like trash, just don't watch it. Look at ghostbusters, I don't see anybody that cares about it as much as the 1984 original, and it made less money too. Plus new franchises, even if they are garbage, stir up do stir up interest in the original, it can only help it.

Was Light /ourguy/?

gay

I think N looks pretty cool

maybe it's a body double to lure out kira

I'm expecting this too. That or a Donald Trump lookalike getting killed.

One was so damn perfect they actually wrote out Near and created a spinoff just for him to go be L some more and be awesome at it.

Two was okay. Not overly stellar but way more energized. Only complaint is they didn't make him look haggard enough, he's too clean.

Third is... look, I'll give the actor a chance, but even if he gives it his all it's looking like whoever made this fundamentally misunderstands everything that sets L apart from just another sherlock holmes pastiche. Maybe the actor won't suck but it's just as likely the script and costume/makup will let him down no matter how hard he tries.

Oh, and he'll live.

Looks like shit but the weebs freaking over "muh negroes" are scum

only reason ill watch it is to annoy my weeb friends by telling them i finally watched death note

What about Korean musical L?

Honestly the guy they picked for light bothers me more than L being black

JESUS FUCK WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING!?

>Light pulls up Death Note for first time
>Wonders who he should kill first
>Scribbles down one word...
>"Drumpf"
>Laughtrack ensues

Jesus...

The Korean Death Note musical. That is Ryuk there too, by the way.

Why the FUCK is L BLACK?!

Because Blackwashing roles is okay and "YAAAAAS" worthy to liberals.

SHADOW REALM

Character changes and suicide squad/hot topic aside I think it looks OK
It's not like it's gonna top the anime but it will be better than the Japanese movies at least

>That's supposed to be Misa

I somehow find this more offensive than Ryuk.

>good

Maybe if it ended right after Ls death, but the last arc ruined it.

L? More like N.

The only thing I need to know is if they'll try to adapt the greatest scene ever created in any media.

They should at least reference it

I take this DORITOSĀ® Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chip, and eat it!

>L
>Not a white/asian cuteboy

FUCK I DON'T WANT TO SEE NIGGER FEET

I NEED AN ASIAN CUTEBOY REEEEEEEEEEEE

>Willem Dafoe as Ryuk
If this film sucks at least there's something to look forward to.

Watch the 2015 TV series. There's even a shower scene with Light and L together.

youtube.com/watch?v=ym2q37q-cp0

>That time Death Note was adapted into a live action Japanese TV drama

Is that a gril on the right?

L is cute! CUTE!

And it was actually pretty good too. Seriously, the new twists they added were entertaining if you've seen the series before. It felt fresh.

youtube.com/watch?v=q-HbklwkIm0

>Tumblr hates it because Light is white
>Sup Forums hates it because L is black

What kind of casting is this?

I've never seen the anime, but I'm interested in this.

hm sure would be nice if anime faggots could stick to their anime and let the rest of us watch and enjoy the adaption.

I can't sit down with my gf and say I want to start watching japanese cartoons that are aimed at 10-14 year olds.

Yes.

This might be a case of the "enemy of my enemy is my friend.

>SJWs pan the movie and other anime adaptions because of white actors
>Anime fans don't see them
>Anime is protected and not turned into the next capeshit

he was really good in Atlanta, so i think he could pull it off

What is L2 from? I only watched the original 2 movies and then the Change the World one afterward.

is that the girl from the leftovers

Might I recommend the upcoming "Justice League" and other comic book film adaptions? Anime isn't for you clearly. Conic book movies might be "cooler" for you.

>>Misa Over the top loud emotional blondeis a dark haired gothic girl who hangs out at hot topic

So a perfect casting aside from hair color.

Death Note (2015). It's a TV drama Japan did. It's actually good. Watch it on KissAsian or something.

Oy vey, I hope all you goyim be rooting for the just and righteous african american character as this young, privileged, out-of-control (((white))) man and his god complex terrorizes those innocent minorities that make up the american prison population!

It looks fine. Why are you complaining about an adaptation that hasn't been released yet? Do you fags want an honest to god mirror image of the entire anime? The anime was shit. So this will likely be better than it.

She looks better in the costume

Do y-you like reverse traps, user...?

No, I think the hairstyle of the wig just fits her face better. And girls with ample breasts wearing loose but small shirts are cute.

into the film canon it goes