It is estimated that 1 language goes extinct every 2 weeks

>It is estimated that 1 language goes extinct every 2 weeks.
>one estimate published in 2004 expected that some 90% of the currently spoken languages will have become extinct by 2050.

And that is all european faut

Good, humanity only needs one language.

who cares about some useless Papuan language spoken by literal negritos
they probably don't even have a word for "car"

you're welcome

Good riddance

We will have lost medicine knowlodge, and other shit knowlegde

>Papuans
>medicine

>medicine knowledge
you wot m8

Dying languages don't tend to have much advanced knowledge in them.

Let's all praise world retardation

Think about it this way. Hopefully later in our life, and our children's life, the opportunity to speak to all sorts of people all around the world will be easier than ever.

People will still be different, with their own culture, but it will be easier to connect, learn and cooperate.

Who cares? They are all African ones lmao

Why does that matter goy? Languages are changing all the time, they're not static.

Convince me that all of the dying languages don't have knowldge to cure a cancer or aids but the white man don't want that the white man wants to sell his medicine for a high priice

The ameriorc raids were a mistake
This place is Sup Forumser now

Any individual white man to gets the cure for cancer can, if clever, circumnavigate the established pharmaceuticals and make himself the richest fucker in the world curing cancer.

>Papuans no longer speak their primitive meme languages in favour of better connection with the outside world and foreign tech
>world retardation
???

Curing cancer technically isn't possible.

I wish Frisian, Dutch Low Saxon, Limburgish and Papiamento went extinct.

We speak Dutch here.

>>one estimate published in 2004 expected that some 90% of the currently spoken languages will have become extinct by 2050.
Sounds like total bullshit to me.

I legitimately wish the Frisians owned you and Dutch went extinct

anyone who uses the word "owned" in this context is underage

Put your tech in your ass

I wish Americans would start speaking American instead of English.

I wish I were underaged, then I'd have a hope of changing this shit life I have

what did he mean by this

>Irish no longer speak Irish
>Welsh no longer speak Welsh
>Channel Islanders no longer speak their languages
>Bretons no longer speak Breton
etc etc etc
it's all very sad

I have this theory. That before a language goes extinct..

listen to me this is radical..

before a language goes exintct...

keep an open mind here..

before a language goes extinct the people starting speaking a different languages..

WOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTT???!!

I KNOW RIGHT

That's quite sad until you remember that these languages are all from some tribe in sub sahran africa with no word for a thing newer/more complex than "rock on stick"
Languages spoken by amazonian/african/polynesian tribes with less than a thousand people aren't really that important when this is considered

It's estimated that only 5 languages remain in the world : German, French, English, Spanish and Portuguese people are defending they own doomed fate, all can someone be so idiot

The EU should pick Italian as the universal second language.

It's phonetic, simple, beautiful and has many words in common with (almost) all other languages.
Plus we won't have a large portion of Africans, South Americans and Anglos speaking it. But it's truly European.