Plot twist: His wife doesn't exist/died a long time ago/he killed her but he keeps on pretending she is still alive and...

Plot twist: His wife doesn't exist/died a long time ago/he killed her but he keeps on pretending she is still alive and fools everyone trying to hide his dark secret.

>it's another "underage Sup Forums poster has never watched the show" episode
kill yourself.

But they showed his wife. She even had her own spin-off, it was called Mrs Columbo. She was played by Janeway from Star Trek Voyager.

WTF are you talking about? I am 35 and I am watching this program since I was a little kid.

Stop BSing me.

Aside from the, arguable "canonical" Mrs. Columbo mentioned, in one of the earlier episodes his house was bugged by some NSA dude so he would have found out.

Good theory though. It has been noted most of his other relatives he talks about seem to be fictional.

No. The official pronouncement of everyone associated with "Columbo" is thatthe character played by Kate Mulgrew, in the series initially called "Mrs Columbo," was married to some other cop who happened to also be named Columbo.

"Mrs Columbo" was the brainchild of NBC entertainment president Fred Silverman, who hoped to carry on a little of the "Columbo" mystique without Columbo, soon after "Columbo" ended its NBC run.. Richard Levinson and William Link regarded the idea as heresy, but Silverman said he'd do it without them. "The magic of Columbo's wife is that you never see her," Levinson protested.

The "Columbo" creators wanted no part of the concept, but they urged Silverman that if the show had to be done at all, a suitable actress would be Maureen Stapleton. Fred Silverman refused, insisting that Mrs Columbo would be young
and gorgeous. Link and Levinson stormed out, and the talented but miscast Kate Mulgrew got the role.

I'm going to erase this from my mind. I did not want that information.

She is dead.

The people who "see" her, like those on the ship, were just brushing him off and lying that they saw her.

I marathoned every episode back-to-back 2 years ago and specifically looked for real evidence of her. There was none at all. It really did make more sense that she either did not exist or had died.

>tfw you can tell early signs of dementia was starting in the later episode

In some of the episodes it was like the other actors where directing Peter to his marks and keeping him there.

No part of canon. There was some controversy about it when it came out. I can remember that clearly.

>le edgy fan theory meme

IF a man like that didn't have a wife to go home to and cook him food every night he'd have died 30 years ago.

>Janeway from Star Trek Voyager.

That is Red from Orange is the New Black.

Watch all of the series, you decide.

>The people who "see" her, like those on the ship, were just brushing him off and lying that they saw her.

No reason to think that. There's clear evidence of her existence that you're fully aware of and you're ignoring it for a shitty theory that adds nothing to the program.

I have. What you think his dog lived in his car?

THANKS A LOT! Finally a good answer from a smart person.
Two weeks ago I've watched the episode where he went to his family wedding and people asked about his wife. Now people see this as evidence that he has a wife. I don't think so. Who knows when he saw his family members the last time? Maybe his wife died in the mean time and nobody knows.

plot twist : he never found out who killed his wife

Yeh good point. Why didn't his wife take care of the dog. Why does he have to do the groceries and other stuff. It's not like SHE has a job. She probably just sits on her fat Italian ass all day at home. This is why I believe she doesn't exist.

>There's clear evidence of her existence that you're fully aware

Like what?

Have you seen that episode? They clearing are nervous talking to Columbo after he starts going on about stories and shit like an old man.

That episode didn't solve anything at all.

When the dog isn't in the car it is with other people besides his wife.

Mulgrew was quite the QT back in the day.

The one murder he couldn't solve. Monk is like a modern day version of Columbo but instead of having a kind of lost guy who is puzzled Monk is just mentally insane. Monk and Columbo both have WIFE issues. Monk keeps on whining about his DEAD wife while Columbo brings up his wife whom might be dead but he just won't admit it. Maybe Columbo's suppressed feelings lead to his diffusion.

why do you people want to ruin it?
it fits better with his wife being real and him having this bizarre dynamic with her

>Have you seen that episode? They clearing are nervous talking to Columbo after he starts going on about stories and shit like an old man.

Not really. Not at all, actually. There were several people and they were seemed perfectly fine and were happy about meeting Columbo's wife.

>all these people saying she's dead

she's an off-screen character, that's it. It's like the Police Captain or HQ bureaucracy that you never see him interact with beyond him saying he has. They're unnecessary characters so they don't need to be shown. The only thing they help do is build Columbo's personality, we get a picture of what Columbo's wife would be like just from Columbo himself always mentioning her

his beaten up old car is soul of his dead wife?