Disney says Han Solo's name is fake; prequel movie will reveal his real name

>theguardian.com/film/2017/mar/24/star-wars-han-solo-name-carrie-fisher

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w9KVIfpNG4w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What a boring way to promote discussion for a movie over a year away.

"I'm _____"

Why are they doing this ?
It doesn't matter
Everyone will still call him Han Solo

APOLOGIZE

>my name... is Ahmed Moosoh
>my father was a space-muslim, married to a dark skinned autistic women with space-downs
>they fell in love be cause he saw the beauty inside each other

Calling it.

>piss off nerds to generate discussion about your movie

This deal keeps getting worse all the time.

Better Call Solo

GUYS, LISTEN TO ME

If Han's dead... then Leia Solo.

HEAR ME MORE

If Han and Leia are dead... then Ben Solo

They'll stop doing it when we stop letting it work.

I fucking spit everywhere you stupid asshole.

They already making a Han Solo movie. The goose is already burned to a crisp.

Reminder that Woody Harrelson is playing Han's mentor, "Beckett" and Emilia Clarke is the female lead.

He'll be some kind of runaway prince knowing Disney

Mr Dode lucas is a genius
HE sold Disney the fake star wars for billions

This all but confirms nothing made after the Disney purchase except th last seasons of Clone Wars and possibly Rebels are canon.

I hate you all because you'll be calling this the best star wars ever when it comes out.

>this information wasnt revealed
>movie is about han solo, but hes a massive cunt
>at the end someone kills him, steals his identity - its our han solo

I don't know whether I'd hate this ot love this.

>Woody Harrelson
That's good
>Emilia Clarke
That's very, very bad.

Also I bet there will be no alien characters besides the stupid bigfoot.

Would make sense if they decided to nake a CGI Harrison Ford, but didn't want to use him for most of it.

Always knew han Solo was trans

Revealing his dead name would be fucked up though

>I'm Hans Olo

Even worse, they'll probably give some lame meaning / explanation behind the name.

Because he originally runs solo, you see.

One of the Expanse novellas did this. Backstory of Amos

I liked it.

Mark my words - it will be Zap Goldberg

Screenshot this

I guarantee it will happen

Yeah Emilia Clarke is TERRIBLE

I-I'm sure it will turn out ok

>prequel movie

Why do they think anyone won't find out the name before they see the film, have they not heard of the internet or something? What's the point

Donald Glover is playing Lando lmao

Did reddit cast this film ?

I'm still pissed they didn't cast /ourguy/ Ingruber.

Will it take Rogue One's place as the worst prequel movie?

I hope you're not planning on going to see this shit user

>Emilia Clarke
This movie is already dead.

So, what will his real name be? Tim? Why did it have to be not his real name in the first place?

I'm kinda amused how everyone in public media are trying to convince themselves that they're hyped for the movie. Of all the potential stories I could imagine in the setting, Han Solo's origin story was surely not on the top of my list. He was a great character in the original trilogy and got a farewell in episode 7, but I think his story is done and adding a prequel feels kinda tacked on and unnecessary. But hey, maybe the'll do something amazing with it. Just gotta repeat it to myself enough times.

Huus Scruffilukin

>>at the end he tries to kill someone but that person shoots back in self-defense, steals his identity - its our han solo
Fix'd

kill yourself

*took out the green hue

youtube.com/watch?v=w9KVIfpNG4w

I can guarantee there will be a quip where Han shoots someone and says 'I always shoot first'.

han solo has a pretty cool trilogy of backstory novels by A C Crispin
basically, his first name is Han, but his family name is something different. His parents were murdered when he was young, and he was raised by a space pirate that forced him to scam rich families and gave him the name solo
by chance, he winds up scamming his actual birth family, realizes what he is doing, and is rejected by his own blood and the man that raised him.
expanded universe is shit generally,
but A C Crispins work is 10/10

I agree.

>he was raised by a space pirate that forced him to scam rich families and gave him the name solo
>Woody Harrelson is playing Han's mentor

I liked both of the new movies but this is where I get off the train. No one can play Han Solo effectively, it's a bad idea from the the start and it doesn't matter what they do with it from there, it will still be bad.

>Chewie™, at long last I am finally Han Solo™

Fuck off user, this amount of cringe nearly killed me. Damn I hate Hollywood.

Chips Haldon

Ran Polo
and I'm a girl btw

When are we going to get a Chewie movie that reveals his real name?

oh wow, now I definitely have a reason not to watch this

why not shit on the franchise even further while they are at it?
to everyone who said the prequels were bad: do you actually think that the new trilogy and anthology movies are good?

yes, just like sheev is never used

It makes sense that a bounty hunter would use a false name. It would help keep criminals from hunting you down.

We then need a 120 minute sequel to this, where he appears clean shaven.

>people have almost completely forgotten about the jedi in 20 years
>nobody knows jack shit about anything, even if it's important political stuff
>thinking criminals could hunt you down because they know your name

also, once they find out your fake name, wouldn't you have to change it again?

Han Skywalker
He's Anakins father

protecting what's left of his family.
you don't deserve a well articulated reply you close minded clusterfuck of a person.

Jane Bond

your argument still doesn't count since nobody knows jack shit in the star wars

he could just move them to some secure place and that would be enough

My judgement on the new trilogy is still out. Apart from some plain retarded stuff, some of the things I disliked about ep7 hinge on whether they can do a good followup in 8 and 9. Not really thrilled about the stuff they did for the anthologies so far. Storywise, Rogue One was mostly a somewhat dreary experience, whose downer tone doesn't make want to revisit it like, say, 4, 5 and 6. Not all that hot on a Han Solo spin off, which I think is an unnecessary character piece, but we'll see.

Doesn't make 1-3 better movies though.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I must say I always liked the prequels, not as objectively great movies but rather as an expansion of the star wars lore. they felt more fantastical and fun than the OT but that's alright in my eyes

I really looked forward to TFA but in my eyes it almost killed all my hype for future installments

>shit on the OT due to "everything was bad after episode 6
>unlikable lead character
>kill off han solo just for nostalgia tears
>don't explain anything in the movie
>movie doesn't stand on its own AT ALL because plot lacks all kinds of info

I guess the CGI was the only thing I liked about this. the end fight was also quite enjoyable but that's about it

Rogue One was surprisingly bad throughout the first and second third of the movie. Can't say that just because I liked the last third which was pure action scenes that the movie was good

>steals the identity of a wanted criminal with substantial debt to space gangsters

darth plagues the wise.

His real name is Henry. He named himself Han after his dog.

I feel the exact same as you about the originals, prequels and TFA.
TFA is awful but I started reading the Poe Dameron comics and they are pretty enjoyable. They expand the lore a little tiny bit and have some original ideas. But the whole new Disney universe still feels very alien to me, compared to the EU and old Star Wars.
I enjoyed Rogue One quite a lot though, I guess it's because it looked a lot like the old Rogue Squadron videogames. The Darth Vader scenes were terrible though. And I still resented it deep down for being part of Disney's reboot and destroying the EU that I loved as a kid.

His real name is Han Shekelstein.

Henry

I can agree that the prequel stuff is interesting if taken on a mere fact basis of what happened. A timeline or entry i a history book would make you go think "damn, this is quite cool". I recently rewatched them and my problem was the execution of it. There were good bits and pieces, but overall, I think the prequel movies were badly told, riddled with poor performances and plenty of horribly written dialogue. I simply can't call them good movies.

As for Rogue One, yeah, the battle in the 3rd act was spectacular, but there's next to nothing in acts 1 and 2, especially about the core characters, that makes me want to revisit those parts.

John hendrickson

>steals the identity of someone who did the kessel run in less thna 12 parsecs
>also steals his spaceship
>then accumulates substation debt with space gangsters

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Their expansion of the star wars lore was fucking awful though

kek

But isn't it used ironically more often than not?

To me it feels like everything that Disney touched since taking over Marvel has turned to generic borefests. I literally loved Marvel's Phase 1 but once Avengers came out, I had no interest whatsoever in the franchise. Still wonder to this day how it came to be that I liked Thor 1 and Captain America 1

Maybe it's also because Lucas has no say anymore but I actually liked his vision for both the OT and PT. He should have done the new movies too, at least the core trilogy

>riddled with poor performances and plenty of horribly written dialogue

maybe it's just me but I always thought of the dialogue to be somewhat "shakespearean". obviously, it couldn't have NOT been campy due to that

>but there's next to nothing in acts 1 and 2

that was actually literally my impression while watching the movie. it's like nothing whatsoever happened in the first two acts, it was just boring. I didn't like TFA but I wouldn't have considered it as outright boring

I bet he will be bisexual eventually or at least have a gay friend that he doesn't punch when kissed by him.

like I said, I suppose one could only like the prequels if they like the mystical part about star wars. I can understand that some like the more grounded aspects of war etc

sell more retarded yous I mean toys

CIA

It's used ironically in 100% of the cases. Solo will still be called by his future stupid faggy disney name because it will be stupid and faggy.

>Falcon Blasting off in Distance
Uh...missed your ride ?

I always call him Palpatine. Never Darth Sidious.

What if his name is Henry Jones Jr. and this is just a very different alternate reality.

ha

you guys realize he's going to get a spanish name or some shit, right?

that or Ahmed Bin Solo

What if he's Indiana Jones from an alternate reality where his dog has a different name. And of course the whole galactic sci-fi setting.

If they make some joke about "Solo" meaning "alone" and it's actually a nickname I will personally visit JJ Abrams dressed as a sith lord and cut right hand off.

Well Star Wars allegedly has its own Indiana Jones now, it's called Dr. Aphra and it's a girl. She appears in a bunch of new Disney comics. I don't really see any resemblance but everyone is saying she's the Star Wars Indiana Jones (as if that's a good thing even).

What are the chances that one of the characters will be (re)written to be of the LGBT variety and it will be mentioned prominently during the movie?

Well they already have an almost definitely gay main character in Poe Dameron in TFA. There's that new book that has a gay character too. They are still testing the waters these days to see how the public reacts I guess. There's rumors that Luke is gay but I guess they'll just make him into a sexless/asexual character. Chewbacca is into inter-racial heterosexual relationships as TFA pointed out (he dated Maz Kanata or something right?).
Han could still be bi, and so can Lando.

Do people still care about Star Wars? The originals are the only ones that matter

Mohammed the brit