Are social relationships also hard in your countries?

I'll probably die alone.

I made the HUGE mistake of ditching my "friends" because I felt like I was the person that tagged along with the group. Now I'm basically a loner and there is no hope of me ever finding a social circle again because in this country these things are FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE.

So I'll probably remain a friendless, gfless loner for life.

Oh well.

Are social relationships also hard in your countries?

Sometimes I wish I was American.

Pic related: the dreaded Dutch birthday circle

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round_Table_(club)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Literally me

i'm about to finish college, and after this i'm dead forever, there will be no exit

i also ditched everyone, except my best friend. he is all i need

I'm not even jokingly, considering moving to the US/Canada or literally any place that is more Anglo than Germanic to see if I get a chance there. But first I'm going to do my Masters and I'm going to choose another university just so I can change cities and start from scratch and see if I get anywhere. Realistically I will end up being the guy who tags along, again and still nothing will come out of that.

You are lucky. I never had a best friend past age 13. I was honestly just the guy who tagged along. I'm not sure if they even liked me.

I'm prolonging my stay in school because I know that once I'm working, it's over.

In my field it's like 10:1 ratio of men:women. There is no hope of meeting anyone at work. I don't even have family who can help because my parents were super old when they had me so I'm one generation behind and none of my family knows anyone of my age.

What's wrong with this?
I had one of these today, it was pretty alright.
But my aunt never has enough cake so we all got really tiny parts because they're cheap.

Sounds like you want a group of friends handed to you.
If you don't really contribute to the group, it's only logical that you're not really part of it.

What's wrong with hanging out with colleagues?

Same

If you're still here OP moving won't help, there are plenty of lonely people here too. If anything the culture differences might make it harder for you to connect to people.

Lonely too

How hard can it be in fucking party land? just go to one of the hundred festivals you guys have and meet other loners.
Fuuuck man you have it so easy down there. Fuuuuuuck man.

I'd say the fact that he's foreign would make it easier. If you just go to a bar or something that plays sports games and just talk to people you could easily make conversation over where you came from, most people would be interested in that.

its hard everywhere

this desu. In my experience (burger in college) eurotrash, men especially, have a really hard time fitting in and making friends at colleges here. Culturally the US is pretty different than Europe (UK maybe slightly less so) and a lot of the exchange students who study here come across slightly autistic acting (this is especially true of german guys)

Niet zo aanstellen homo

After leaving college it's hard to keep a social circle and the chance of making new friends without being introduced is close to zero.

have you tried going out

May I ask what kind of situations are you referring to?

It is really bad here. I was on a party earlier, i hadn't drinked anything beforehand but so had the others. They acted like ten year olds thinking only of sex, i left early. I probably won't hang out with them anymore.

Maybe join a society. Anyone heard about the Round Table club?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round_Table_(club)

only answer if you don't wanna move to america or some place more friendly

Small talk/casual conversations in class/at parties mostly, also where to stand and how to act at a party. In burgerland we form little half circles when talking with a group of 3-4 which leaves a space for other people to join in and complete or extend the circle. Euros struggle with this concept I've noticed, you guys tend to either try talking to the group without joining the circle (which is super weird) or do this thing where you like half commit to joining the circle but stand uncomfortably a little too far away?

Also a lot of Euros just don't 'get' small talk and it makes them seem rude/cold to the average burger who has never left the state before. Germans in particular also tend to come across as very stiff/boring and only come out of their shell when drunk. You guys are also super direct (which I actually like) but is considered super rude in burgerland. The biggest thing is probably just the way euros view self-confidence. You guys equate self-confidence with over-confidence and come across very unsure/shy about yourself. 'Murica is all about being confident in what you are doing no matter what (talking to girls, answering a prof's question, etc)

>Pic related: the dreaded Dutch birthday circle

Explain this? Does the birthday person have to sit in the middle or something?

that's pretty gay

I also want an explanation of the dutch birthday circle.

same boat

But probably more sever, theres five conversations in my text log. Two of which are from dec 2016.

HEY SCHAT NEEM NOG EEN BLOKJE KAAAAHS EN HIER NOG WAT WORST SGAT EEEUH GEFELICITEERD MET JE BROER HE

I can't understand your accent.

Are you from the south

Wouldn't you be better off in a higher-IQ, more reserved and nerdy country like the Netherlands though?