One of the best movies in the series

>one of the best movies in the series
>no Jason? LOL it's shit!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5TnbKTvD9ZE
vimeo.com/174296909
twitter.com/AnonBabble

People only say that if they haven't seen it. It's extremely stupid but incredibly fun. It's one of my favorites.

Best Girl

In the past Sup Forums seems to have been pretty positive about V in no small part I assume to

V is good but VII is the best

No Jason? LOL it's shit, reddit cuck.

When I was in a room of like 10 dudes watching this one they all made fun of me for saying this was my FAV, Its like the most comfy one dow

Isn't part 5 the one with the most kills? It's one of the best easily

>VII is the best

the theatrical cut was practically PG rated. they removed literally ALL of the kills. sanitized garbage.

II and III are the best.

this one has the best Tommy

Why? Imo I thought there were better entries in the series but up until this point I've only recently watched 1-8 because they are expiring on Hulu. 8 was pretty funny

4 > 6 > 5 > 3 > 7 > 1 > 2 >10 > 8 > 9

>10
the name is Jason X, faggot

I think II, III, IV, VI and VII are comfy with my favourite being IV.

V has the best soundtrack though.

Definitely had best song.

youtube.com/watch?v=5TnbKTvD9ZE

no jason? what was it about

Jason

She did not age well.

>underrated as fuck

I too didn't even consider it legit because of the "no Jason". However, I have come to really enjoy this one.

5, 9, 10 have the highest body counts at x20. This one also has the most nudity.

I've always been a Ginny kind of guy...

A copycat. One of Jasons victims dad.

It's actually really good and has some of the most kills

He wasn't a victim of Jason, just a victim of some random asshole who happened to be holding an axe when he got really pissed at him.

Oh, my bad, I haven't watched it in quite some time

>barely any gore
>the only memorable death is the fatass getting killed by the rage filled Chad
>the characters are poorly written even by Friday the 13th standards
It's fun but it's one of the worst movies of the series.

Really wanted to like this series. Turns out they're awful with just excuse plots to have unique murders.

The best

>tfw only the best because they were the largest in the franchise
They need to start teaching big tit chicks to act.

>one of the best movies in the series
But this was the movie that followed up the best movie in the series.

It baffles me how they can't seem to make a decent Jason movie anymore.

It's simple, return the series back to the 80's (cash in on the current 80's nostalgia), make it loosely fit into one of the previous films plot..Set it at Camp Crystal Lake but maybe during the winter for skiing, ice skating, whatever. Also shamelessly fill it with all the gore and nudity we want and a few retro nods with cameos and music.

I admit I fapped to that scene. Also that tent sex scene in Jason goes to Hell... and then they got horribly murdered and I felt guilty afterwards.

Close, but no cigar.
This guy gets it

It's dumb schlock but it's fun. Anyway, if you want quality slashers then check out:

John Carpenter's Halloween
Black Christmas (1974)
Wes Craven's A Nightmare on Elm Street
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
Wes Craven's New Nightmare
Tobe Hooper's The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

>all those overrated pleb movies

>Tobe Hooper's The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
too scary, will never watch that again

Would you rather I recommend z-grade schlock that no one has heard of? Name some "patrician" slashers that are better than what I listed.

Give The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 a shot. It's also directed by Tobe Hooper but it's a bizarre comedy that's very different from the original film.

All Argento, Sergio Martino and Fulci are better then those

>comparing giallo to slashers
They're different genres and you know it. Also, you don't recommend surrealistic oddities like Argento to a noob who doesn't know a lot about horror. You start them off with the easy to digest stuff like Halloween and then you ease them into the weird stuff.

Halloween seems more like a thriller. Halloween 2 feels more like a horror. I know they're both horror movies tho

difference? because I thought Halloween was horrific, a guy who just wants you dead and there's no reasoning, he's just coming after you..and Halloween II was a thriller because now you know more about the slasher, plus the higher death count. Not that it's not horror too, but thrillers had more...backstory, I guess I was thinking, motivation, I think of Shutter Island

Halloween, A Nightmare on Elm Street and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre are groundbreakers that stand head and shoulders above all other slashers, A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors and Wes Craven's New Nightmare are two of the best slasher sequels ever made, Black Christmas is an underrated film that most plebs have never heard of.

Literally everybody knows what Black Christmas is. You're not a special little snowflake for knowing about it.

Oh the word I was thinking of was Mystery, as in Thrillers had more story to go along for explanations.

I'm not sure how to explain it. There isn't that many deaths in Halloween and absolutely no gore. It plays more off the suspense of the killer.

Halloween 2 is more of a straight up slasher. It's just a killer killiny people left and right with blood spilling everywhere.

>Literally everybody knows what Black Christmas is.
We're talking about normies, not horror fans. Go ask a normie who doesn't know shit about horror their thoughts on Black Christmas and they either won't know what you're talking about or they'll think you're talking about the remake.
>You're not a special little snowflake for knowing about it.
I never said I was. This shit talking is childish and unnecessary, user.

I think he's right, Black Christmas only shows up once you've gotten into the regular top horrors like Scream and are looking for more on purpose

here is a little list to start with for anyone wanting to watch slasher flicks

Literally only horror geeks know what Black Christmas is. It's not a horror giant like Halloween or A Nightmare on Elm Street, it's a pretty small Canadian horror film that didn't make a lot of money and it has never been loved by critics. Hell, I would bet My Bloody Valentine is more well known.

I'm sorry for the shit talking anons. I'm a little too drunk right now. You might be right. Some normies might not know about it. I can't imagine anybody not knowing Black Christmas tho. It even got the reboot treatment a while back

It's popular because it's good and not because it did well when it came out.

Did anybody like Final Girls?

Good selection.

Sleepaway Camp is very underrated. Seeing that twist for the first time is great.

4 > 6 > 7 > 5 > 1 = 2 > 3 = 8 > 9 > AIDS > X

I agree wholeheartedly. Born in 79' and grew up watching any and all horror.

It's alright user.
>I can't imagine anybody not knowing Black Christmas tho. It even got the reboot treatment a while back
The remake didn't do very well. It had a budget of $9 million and it only made $21.5 million. That's pretty pathetic for a mid-budget horror remake.

>3 = 8

Wat? Manhattan is terrible. Part 3 is actually pretty good. That barn scene at the end is top tier

That and cast only unknown actors + 100% practical effects.

If they made it following this criteria I might actually be interested in seeing it.

I love it. It's sleazy and them forcing kills every 15 minutes makes the twist make no sense. Perfect trash.

Also responsible for music video kino
vimeo.com/174296909

Stop saying schlock like you know what you're talking about, you fucking mongoloid.

couldn't horror growing up. Snuck out of my room one night, mom was watching It, saw blood come out of a sink and ran back to my room. didn't watch horror for nearly 20 years
started with the most accessible ones last year, at least slasher series.
texas chainsaw > halloween > friday the 13th > nightmare on elm street

Good guide, The Prowler is a really underrated slasher gem. When I first watched it I had no idea Tom Savini was involved so I expected it to be z-grade schlock and I ended up being pleasantly surprised. Some of the kills are really great, I'm surprised it doesn't get more love.
schlock schlock schlock

Horrible forced 3D shots and the gay as fuck biker gang ruined it for me. I've been watching these movies since I was 12, though, and love all of them except Jason X, Freddy VS Jason, and the remake.

for me

Friday the 13th > Halloween > Nightmare on Elm Street > Texas Chainsaw Massacre

I love all of these franchises but Friday has the most good and entertaining movies.

Go jerk off to RLM some more, you 300 pound mall-goth leftover.

>the theatrical cut was practically PG rated. they removed literally ALL of the kills
most of them are like that. watched them all last year. i think the first one is the only one thats completely uncut.

For me it goes:

A Nightmare on Elm Street > Friday the 13th > Halloween > The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

The original ANOES is fantastic and some of the sequels are legitimately good, Friday the 13th is dumb but it's a lot of fun and from 1 to 7 it was pretty consistent, the original Halloween is amazing but the series went spirally downhill after Carpenter abandoned it, Texas Chainsaw become total shit after Hooper abandoned it.

schlock

ANOES is pretty damn consistent. I like most of the movies but I just dig the whole """real"" killer running through the woods alot more. I really enjoy the comedy/horror of ANOES though. Halloween is great but part 3, 5, 6 and 8 are very iffy. Texas Chainsaw is great. Part 2 is an okay comedy/horror. The restis pretty so-so. I liked the remake desu

surprisingly nice list. too bad you have to actually buy most of them on blu ray.

Hey guys, best movie coming through.

If Jason Takes Manhattan was Jason going around Times Square killing punks and hookers it would be the best Friday the 13th movie. But instead most of it takes place on a boat and when he finally gets to New York City he spends most of his time in generic alleys. Tragically wasted potential.

lol what?

Some of them are too obscure to find good blu ray rips of and I'm too poor to be able to spend $20+ on every shitty 80s slasher I want to see.

I 100% agree user but at least boxer scene was great.

Those are some nice udders

That scene and the Times Square scene are great. The rest of the movie is pretty bad.

Why would you need a blu ray rip of some 80's slasher that was filmed on video, it's gonna look like shit either way

>filmed on video

WRONG

Must suck not knowing how to internet.

I'll get on passthepopcorn in a few months nigger. I'm not downloading some shitty ass scene blu ray encodes.

Sure thing, bud

If you haven't seen slasher flicks that were shot on video then you haven't gone deep enough pleb

That's a lot of reaching to make a point that only you've brought up.

How many of these movies were shot on video?

Don't think any were.

And 90% of those were only released on vhs. Not blu ray. What's your fucking point?

all of them, samefag

none of them retard. kill yourself.

I think the new one was going to have some winter elements. It got cancelled though.

>that shitty shop

kek

It was pretty boring aside from Violet and the hilarious retard and happened to be sandwiched between 2 of the best sequels. There are definitely worse movies in the series, though.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre is legitimate kino. I've never seen a better horror-comedy.

i like autistic kung fu tommy, he acts like somebody that survived a jason attack and is a bit nuts but also is trying to prep

I think if they deconstructed Halloween III they could probably make a pretty cool miniseries out of it. That movie had a lot of neat elements.

people here are always raving about Tourist Trap but i thought it was mediocre

There were cool things in it, but mostly it made me feel really sleepy.

Not boring at all. And neither 4 or 6 are better than it.
But they seem the ones to most appeal to the common horror buff.

The ocean of sleaziness alone make 5 better

>mfw seeing that twist for the first time