Is the XFL a serious threat to traditional sports?

is the XFL a serious threat to traditional sports?

No you fucking retard

No. Vince is another Trump, in that he's seen as successful despite doing nothing but failing. WWE has lost about 60% of it's audience since 2001.
The XFL was a monster flop.
The body building league he tried to start was a flop.
Wwe films was a flop
If his wrestling promotion was held to the standards that the NFL is held to when it comes to players (ie giving them a union, health care, salaries, etc) he wouldn't be able to stay afloat. He survives via exploitation of his work force.
Bringing back the XFL is his dumbest idea yet.
>NFL is losing ratings as people get turned off from the barbarism and long term health issues football players face
>I know! We'll start a new league that's even more barbaric and violent! Plus, zero skill!

>Thinking wrestling would even be a thing here in the first place now without McMahon
You're basing that ratings dip off a time when every fucking kid in America watched it

Only if they make it like Mutant league. Let them roid.

Yes, and then McMahon, who has almost total control over his product, made everything so bad they couldn't retain even half of that audience over the next 15 years.
If the NFL lost 60% of it's viewer base slowly over that much time the people running things at the start of that decline wouldn't still be running things 15 years later.

Absolutely. It will finally give us what the No Fun League doesn't: entertainment.

the afc/nfc equivalent split should be that one has no roiding whatsoever, while the other has to have all its players roid to scott steiner proportions, where certain daily activities are rendered impossible due to their comical bodies

Billionaire, POTUS, yet nothing but failure huh? Wow, your CV must be incredible!
NFL losing ratings has nothing to do with too much barbarism, that is literally the only reason people watch that shit. Men want barbarism!

It'll be a ratings bomb as it was before. I fail to see who'd want to broadcast it. Whole thing seems like a money pit. Vince would be better off trying to buy the Panthers, really.

Actually, and I apologize for starting a WWE argument, I know that's not what OP intended, the death of the WWE was when they abandoned the tv-14 format for tv-pg to appeal to a more "family friendly" audience. The nail in the coffin was trying to bring back ECW without the blood and ultraviolence and shit that made ECW what it was. I've noticed it's making a little bit of a comeback but I'm probably not going to watch wrestling again.

No, but LFL is

Wrestlings a fucking carny activity McMahon made into a national thing. Football is one of the most deeply embedded past times of males here, it's a terrible analogy
>B-but he failed at this and that like drumpf
Newsflash the vast majority of big undertakings like that fail, just like the xfl in all likelihood will. That doesn't mean you shouldn't do them.

yes- i heard there's going to be xfl beisbol, xfl hockey, xfl tennis, and xfl golf leagues by 2020

>NFL is losing ratings as people get turned off from the barbarism and long term health issues football players face

you are an absolute idiot if you think this is why the nfl is losing ratings

>tfw He Hate Me makes a hole in one

i really, really like that view

i have one of those "balls", no clue what xfl is though

>I really like women

>He Hate Me almost won an Owl
fuck man

>Beat out all the competition
>Not successful

/asp/ie plz go back

>get money from father to start recording studio
>fails miserably
>get cushy job from father
>inherit millions of dollars and company father built from the ground up
>"son, wrestling has been good to us and there's enough to go around, so don't go after the other territories"
>"hey I know, I'll fuck over the other territories!"
>kills any attempts to unionize
>business grows on the back of Hulk Hogan
>business grows on the back of Stone Cold Steve Austin
>fuck over everyone else by having big television bucks because your dad built his territory in New York
>no real competition left, complete and total control over an entire genre of entertainment
>creatively bankrupt, too egotistical to understand that stars drive the big boom periods
>make son in law who is a proven ratings bust center of programming for a fucking decade
>ratings decline and decline, fans leave and never come back
>never make sweeping changes or even, god forbid, listen to what your fans want for years
>expand world wide to make up for sagging domestic market
>rely heavily on nostalgia because you are incapable of reading your audience and pushing modern wrestlers they'd like to see
>cut back on non-essentials like sets and pyrotechnics
>abandon pay per view model because you can only sell one of your twelve ppv's per year
>depend entirely on part time, older wrestlers you made years ago because you still can't read an audience or get people over
>finally start listening to your audience but at this point the only people left are children and the most hardcore, syncopathic fans.
>after decades of exploiting women, try to angle yourself as some kind of women's empowerment product by giving more air time to women's matches and angles, 85% of which are unwatchable
>current product is the worst since the creation of professional wrestling
>business that used to employ 100,000 people across the country now employs 5,000.
>considered a success by retarded man children

There are lots of reasons the NFL is losing ratings and yes the CTE horror stories are a big part of that. Just like when Benoit killed his family, things are getting too real for some and they're tuning out.
The constant stoppages in play and killing off excitement from over use of replay is another.
-each coach gets a replay challenge per half
-EVERY scoring play can be reviewed
-inside the last 2 minutes of a half every PLAY can be reviewed
So many rules changes, and the dismal state of current NFL coaching, give us a penalty flag what feels like every other play, slowing the game further.

These are all reasons for the decline but the CTE stuff is a big part of it. It's hard to have fun celebrating a big hit with thoughts of Junior Seau dancing in the back of your head.