This show was bad, if you remember it being good your sense of humor either hadn't developed properly at the time...

This show was bad, if you remember it being good your sense of humor either hadn't developed properly at the time, or you're an idiot.
Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nSFyHNgjpp8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinner_for_One)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pleb

It wasn't great. It had a good cast, though. Jerry Stiller in particular is a lot of fun in it.

Its elder god tier on the merit of jerry stiller alone

>That episode 9/11 was indirectly cause by Doug lending the hijackers his Box cutter

spence sucked

and deacon and kelly and their kids sucked

other than that it was GOAT

This. The man can't not be funny.

I feel like the garage must have been cold in the winter no?

>Douglas, smell me

I hated that the hot wife was a chubby chaser. She could get any guy and she chose a fatty.

>you meet a bitchy woman
>she's a decent 8/10 way above your level
>she likes you, go out
>super nice to you but still has an attitude
>marry her and she brings her father to live with you but still acts super nice the first years
>once it becomes comfortable she becomes a super bitch
>stops you from being /fit and having bitches on your sack while making you a fat slob again
>she doesn't want kids at all

How come he never left her. I feel like the series finale should have them finally divorcing, Carrie being stuck alone with her father in that same house and Doug being forced to take on more responsibility at work and then finally being the boss of his job

He was great to hate
I loved him for it

plus she got fat
Apparently the actress couldn't keep baby weight off idfk

>That miscarriage episode
Why

This shit was on in the mornings when I was getting ready for school, Everybody Loves Raymond too. My mum used to put it on to wake me up. So depressing.

I like it when comedy shows occasionally take a serious note.

Fun fact: this show is still being aired in Germany, it probably was/is the most succesfull sitcom of all time over here

That 70s Show is one of those shows as well. A show you watch when your sense of humor begins to move past cartoons and basic slapstick into more risque "adult" territory. You know when you're a kid and you see your parents watching shows with real people and you wonder why they would bother when there's cartoons on? But then you watch something like That 70s Show or King of Queens and you laugh a bit so you begin to understand.

Well after Hasselhoff the rest of humanity has decided we wasted the bombs on Japan.

DOUGLAS!!!!

It really depends on the scenario.
>mfw this entire episode
youtube.com/watch?v=nSFyHNgjpp8

Doesn't that describe almost every American sitcom from the last 40 years?

Was Deacon their bull?

Good. That's why I liked it.

>arthur plots
>spence plots
>celebrity guest star plots
>dog walker plots

These things are the worst parts of the show

>her ass in those white pants

yes oh god yes

MY EYES ARE GETTING WEARY

MY BACK IS GETTING RIGHT

COMING HOME WITH MY BULL ON THE QUEENS BOROUGH BRIDGE TONIGHT

AND ALL I WANNA DO.

IS CRACK A COLD ONE AND WATCH HIM GIVE BBC TO YOU.

Just think, had it not been for the death of Chris Farley, Kevin James would have no career.

Kevin James is nothing like Chris Farley. Farley was sting in physical comedy, James hardly even does it. Has he ever even gone topless?

Butthurt Scientologist detected.

I don't care for that at all.
Fine example. That and all of Archie Bunker's Place.

This was a show for the kind of douchebags who found Rob Schneider and Adam Sandler movies funny, though for some reason I've always found it "comfy" - ditto Everybody Loves Raymond. Perfect bedtime viewing.

Hardly. I can't really think of a significant example of anything like that description before Married... with Children. And even then, Ed O'Neill isn't anywhere near Kevin James fat. The real prototype is probably Homer Simpson (and he didn't start out half as fat as he's become over the years).

And other major domcom husbands since then, like Bryan Cranston, Ray Romano, etc., have been pretty much average middle-aged men (John Goodman is fat, but Roseanne doesn't fit the "hot wife" part of the equation).

Did you watch the show? She was an absolutely terrible fucking person, with an equally terrible father. How many men would have put up with that shit?

Why were these two considered such losers throughout the show's entire run when the main character was an obese, middle aged clown who delivered packages for a living? I mean at one point I think they make fun of Spence for being 34 and working in the subway...what's the big deal?

>The real prototype is probably Homer Simpson (and he didn't start out half as fat as he's become over the years).
It's a very old trope. That user is still wrong in thinking it was the basis for every sitcom - only a few here and there, but when it pops up it's conspicuous and irritating.

This was one of those shows that made me depressed watching it knowing that theres people out there who liked this shit. the ONLY redeemable part was his wife was hot and sometimes made for a good fap. thats literally the only acceptable reason to ever watch the show

I wouldn't consider Alice Kramden particularly "hot."

Cause Spence was a super nerd and Danny reeked of desperation in everything he said and did.

Hot like we know hot hadn't evolved yet. She occupied the same tier in her day that Leah Remini sits on today.

It's no Frasier.

> Beyond Belief with Jonathan Frakes has been airing nonstop since 1999
> same goes for King of Queens
Occasionally, Married with Children as well

That's not really true, though.

While I'll grant that the first really truly smoking hot TV sitcom wife of note was probably Mary Tyler Moore on the Dick Van Dyke Show, Audrey Meadows was a Plain Jane even by 1950s standards.

Great for a fap and a laugh.

That thick white girl and of course Carrie for the fap.

Spence was A+ and everybody knew it. It's just that now he's dug his grave with his mouth.

She literally was pregnant for a season.

They couldn't keep or even get a woman.

I remember Doug comparing Carrie to Hitler. I wonder if that was changed or never aired. Or does Germany get it's tits in a know over that?

Roseanne is a bad comparison since the show clearly mirrors traditional sitcom by potraying a white trash family that is constantly struggling.

Also OP is right that show sucked and like 1/3 of the plots were rehashed from the Flinstones.

>rehashed from the Flinstones

All of that is sitcom tropes 101. Who the fuck watches the Flintstones?

The man wasn't fucking funny at all. Overacting and being wacky isn't funny

The Flintstones was what codified a good share of Sitcom Tropes 101 in the first place (along with I Love Lucy and The Honeymooners), though. Before "The Simpsons already did it," there was "The Flintstones already did it" (something which The Simpsons has acknowledged on multiple occasions).

And who the fuck HASN'T watched the Flintstones? Nearly anyone old enough to be on Sup Forums should be able to remember the era when they were on Cartoon Network all the damn time.

Because not everyone is a soulless asshole that can only divide the world up in super simplistic merits. Plus, Doug is way worse, he has psychopath tier disregard for obligation

Are you saying King of Queens is a pretend adult show? Cause that makes a lot of

Yeah the Flintstones were on TV. Hanna Barbara just wasn't my thing I guess.

Maybe it's a generational thing.
>tfw old enough to have seen Jetsons: The Movie in the theater.
I'm still pissed about Judy's voice, too.

That's bullshit because That 70's Show is still pretty funny

Well I was born in 79' and lived in a rural place. So we had the 3 channel system until the 90s. Saturday morning was my shit and I had Turtles and Captain N that needed my attention.

The earliest film I can actually remember seeing in theaters is Jurassic Park. Now I don't feel quite as bad about being here...

>You know when you're a kid and you see your parents watching shows with real people and you wonder why they would bother when there's cartoons on?
No, I'm afraid I never experienced that. I never watched cartoons exclusively. Even when I was 4-5 I was watching stuff like the Dukes of Hazard.

'78 here, actually and it was the same here (well, 4 channels: the big three networks and PBS). Never got into the Turtles, though (I would have said they were more popular around here with kids about 3-5 years younger). The Smurfs were my Saturday morning mainstay, along with Alvin and the Chipmunks, Muppet Babies, and Garfield. I remember He Man, G.I. Joe, Robotech, and Transformers being huge, too (IIRC, some of those were more weekday afternoon shows).

I don't think I saw that much of the Flintstones until I was in college, actually.

First movie I remember seeing in a regular theater is Return of the Jedi in 1983, but I distinctly remember seeing several movies at the drive-in before that (E.T. most notably).

>Not watching it for her feet for fap material which she always had exposed

>being this desperate for fap material in the Internet Age

>implying I had internet before 2002 or even decent speed internet until late 00s

Wasn't Doug a quarterback or something when he and Carrie first met?

Holy shit, I didn't realize TKoQ started as early as '98. I'd have guessed '02-03 at the earliest. I honestly wasn't watching much network TV at the time, since I finally had a couple of dozen channels to choose from. I've only seen the show in syndication.

I also actually had the best internet of my life at the time: beautiful T1 ethernet direct to my dorm room.

He was a RB or TE I don't remember. But that episode where he tried to get back in shape and put a photo on himself when he was younger on the fridge, he could have gotten any woman he wanted.

nigga it used to take 20 mins to DL a song and pretty much a few weeks to download a 20 min milf hunter video

this vid still gets me off like crazy after all these years

Was it the real Kevin ""James"?

>The real prototype is probably Homer Simpson
you realise that the simpsons are a parody of the trope you fucking infant

No it isn't Even the first few seasons are terribly forced.

The dude was nlalways strongfat, he just got more fat

you're probably right, I was around 16 when I started watching this show, and that only at noon when coming home to eat

I guess the entertainment factor came mostly by the fact that everything else on the tv was utter shit too at that time, so it was mildly entertaining in contrast

the only alternative at that time of the day was scrubs, but when you already watched probably every episode over 3 times already it looses it charm

It happens to everyone who eats to build muscle. Eventually they get too busy or old to keep up the effort but their appetite never goes away. They all end up obese. Without steroids of course.

DUDE

XENU

LMAO

I'm a freemason, not a scientologist.
Even if I were there are a ton of shows that did much more clever parodies

She left Scientology

Doug and Carrie were ok. Nothing special, but as good as your average sitcom. The episodes where it's just those two fucking around tend to be the best
Jerry Stiller was the best part of the show, like many other "wacky" characters.
The rest of the supporting cast ranged from bland to absolute dogshit. Those two guys that lived together contributed nothing to the show

Suck off Deacon, Doug. And chain me up in the corner so I can watch.

Jerry was fucking trash, he was the WORST part. People are confusing a large presence with being good

If you didn't like this show I would say you are the biggest joyless faggot that has ever existed.

It is LITERALLY one of the comfiest shows of all time.

Dude he has a good face. And he would have been less fat when she met him.

Have you seen younger pictures of him? He was built fat.

As long as you can fuck a girl good they don't care as much about weight as we do.

She did want kids. And he did take more responsibility at one point only to find he was an irresponsible piece of shit who wanted to drive a truck his whole life.

That is a fun fact. I always wonder why yuropoors import our American shows.

I mean don't you make your own? It's weird.

He looks like Billy Joel.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Mary tyler moore was a fucking angel. That honeymooners bitch is nowhere near that.

Americas culture is so bland that it's approachable by most other cultures, your panguage is so without character that most people can pick it up easy.
We do make our own shows, but generally they're prime time viewing, while the american shows are what we rerun for brain shutoff in less choice timeslots. I assume it's kinda like how mash is in some anglo countries? Comfort tv with no substance

it was comfy

Outside of the occasionally good Tatort, domestically produced crime/drama/comedy shows are not a thing in Germany, at least not if you're under the age of 60.

This is pretty unique to germany because they have a really extreme dubbing culture and no artistic creativity

Douglas, this is Arthur Spooner.

Its a fucking shame Mick Foley fucked up his body so much

UK lad?

>Jerry Stiller in particular is a lot of fun in it.

Came here to post this.

Another fun fact about German TV culture:
Dinner for One (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinner_for_One)
Literally everyone I know watches this on New Years Eve here. It's broadcasted multiple times, there are even parodies n shit about it. Its become a New Years Eve tradition here in Germany.
I was fucking shocked when someone at my University told me that no one outside of Germany actually knows it. I always assumed it was a global, or at least anglo, thing too.

came across it randomly on tv one morning a few weeks ago for the first time in years and i ended up watching like 7 episodes

there was an epic two-parter where doug and carrie got lost in the woods and doug goes full wild man and then tries to start his own civilization. pure kino.

it's still sitcom gold

>Lemoneneis!!!

It was alright, I'd say above average by sitcom standards. Jerry Stiller was pretty funny in it. And honestly, I'd get at least a couple chuckles an episode. It was never worth seeking out and watching every one, but if I caught it on it was generally enjoyable.

It hits its market demographic very well. Working class white males need a hero that's sort of a dumb fatass like them that's somehow inexplicably scored a wife well out of his league and a home that's likely to be out of the pay grade of a man making 4X more than him.

But don't get me wrong, it's know Sunny in Philadelphia or Community which is a sitcom done right.

But KoQ is about as good as a sitcom is can ever get that follows the classic sitcom tropes. Not bad, probably a 7/10 on the sitcom scale. Many miles better than some shit like Big Bang or Two Broke Girls.

>there was an epic two-parter where doug and carrie got lost in the woods and doug goes full wild man and then tries to start his own civilization. pure kino.
oh my fucking god i remember that shit. damn i used to love watching king of queens back in the day. i don't even know what channel it airs on now.

anybody remember the episode where doug and carrie are away for whatever reason and arthur dresses up in doug's ups uniform and falls asleep eating chinese food in their bed? that shit was fucking hilarious.

This is a tradition in many countries (but not UK)

Didn't he try to blame it on Deacon in the end? Shit was hilarious.

MY ARM IS GETTING WEARY
MY DICK IS GETTING HARD
SITTING HERE JUST FAPPING
TO LEAH REMINI TONIGHT