Rian Johnson: "The Last Jedi is a feminist movie"

Wew lad

Better than seeing them bitching about inequality to be quite perfectly honest

>women have almost never given a shit about sci-fi in the history of forever

>execs keep trying to force it

Luke should just kill himself. Even if they beat Snoke there'll just be a galaxy destroying Death Star 30 years later.

>say it's a "female journey"
>journalists headline you saying it's a "feminist film"

and people thought she would be a villain

kek, every thread

the Sup Forums menace has to be obliterated

>op provides no link
>Literally just a picture with words next to it
>Made the same exact thread an hour ago
>Made a similar thread now
>Thread will get 200+ replies

that is not a polpost, that is a cuck post

I actually thought with Rian behind it they would take more risks

guess not

Fake and gay

It's fake, the article does not exist

>no source
>google literally only shows this thread when you search him saying that.

You're such a predictable little autist.

It's fake you guys. Rian Johnson is, dare I say it, /ourguy/.
OP is a turbo autist that took the time to make that fake screencap.

>its not a BBC movie

ITT: manchildren that can't stand the idea that a movie will be geared towards women and girls for the first time in a series

t. OP

As of TFA, so far there's nothing feminist about Rey at all. You can replace her character with a dude and absolutely nothing will change. No other character in the series reacts to her any differently as they would to a guy. Rey is just a character that happens to be female and can be replaced with a male character without altering the story.

are you triggered?

It's from HuffPost

>Talks how Rey's quest is a decidedly female journey

well no shit sherlock she is a woman.

How brave of him, attempting to appeal to the downtrodden female demographic.

Post the link, dumb idiot. Oh right, it doesn't exist.

Nothing points to her being a woman, she's the most sexless character ever made.

What are you crazy? Risks cost money

What a load of shit m8. She's all "stop holding my hand!" within 5 minutes.

The reason she was such a poorly written character was because JJ and Kennedy were worried about giving any weaknesses to a female protagonist.

user, the first two movies of the new series were already geared towards the female audience.
At this point we can safely consider nu wars as a chick flick series.

Oops you are right, I meant to say "there's nothing that makes her a strong female", not "nothing feminist". She's actually kind of an accurate representation of feminist hypocrissy.

when you put it like that it makes them sound like they have a point. If you're flat out saying something has been 'taken away' from them.

It's a good job I was never huge into SW otherwise I would be pissed off right about now.

>mfw I haven't seen any of the new Star Wars films
>mfw I have no face

>when you forget to add in main characters to your movie but include all the sociopolitical commentary you can stomach

oh my god the comeback

amazing

oh shit here we go

this, it's just some spin-journalism bullshit. i still have hope, Looper and Brick were both great movies

>rey
>is portrayed to be female
>it is her journey
>she is female
>thus female journey
YES FEMINSIM IN SPACE!!#@#)(@

>U MAD BRO? xD

It's not spin journalism bullshit user it isn't a real article at all.

Wouldn't Star Wars be boring by now if it still introduced a new male main character though? I mean if it had done it for TFA, for this new trilogy.

>and how Rey's quest is a decidedly female journey.
>motivated by men
>guarded by men
>taught and directed by the last proper Jedi who is a man
>enabled by the sacrifice of men

As usual, Femnazis take all the credit and give none to others,
which is why nobody likes them.

>user, the first two movies of the new series were already geared towards the female audience.

Yet people only went to see them because of Han Solo, Skyshitter, and Vader.

How is that possible? Have you always gone out of your way to avoid them?

JJ: What if we took Luke, made him a girl, and made it even more generic than it already was? Also let's fuck Luke in the ass off screen.

Disney: BRILLIANT

Star Wars "fans": Yass slaayyyyyy

Always remember user!

See

I'm so glad that cunt lost the elections.

>I have never spoken to a woman in my life
It shows.

The problem isn't that Rey is female. It's about all the propaganda and ulterior motives surrounding the decision to make her a female character.

those ham planets you talk about "sci-fi" with aren't women.

>Rian Johnson: "There's a female lead and we want to market more to millenials"

Fixed

>Prove your screenshot is real
>Posts another screenshot
Woah baby

Not that user but my friend's qt 18 year old sister likes sci fi in a genuine way.

This article doesn't exist, sod off back to Sup Forums.

i hate the crooked nose mouse

It's all Kathleen Kennedy's fault. Who THE FUCK put her in charge of Star Wars? She has no clue what Star Wars is, all she does is wear a stupid Star Wars t-shirt.

fucking kikes

>tfw we will never get a star wars movie on the level of KOTOR 2 because nobody working on the new movies even gives a shit about the series

no surprise that misogynists are also racist

>implying Rian Johnson has any say over the direction of the movie

i thought jews weren't a race? ;)

Meanwhile men lose their live.

They have no complaints though

>we want to market more to millenials
Will there be interracial gangbangs?

Stop the presses, a movie I'm never going to see has ideas that conflict with my own.

It's in a woman's genetic code to be submissive. Why should I give a fuck about some piece of commercialized fiction?

Tell me.

>giving in to whining fucks: the series

Glad I don't give a shit beyond the first trilogy. Mainstream western media is now 98% garbage .

But these are supposed to be action-adventure sci-fi flicks. Star Wars is not fucking The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.

Making it """geared towards women and girls""" means not only losing more than half its audience (i.e. all men, and women with actual taste), but runs completely contrary to the genre Star Wars occupies.

What kind of fucking idiot are you?

so how does this work out with the SJWs? Like does Rian saying it's a decidedly female story outweigh that it's being told through the lens of a cis white male?

You're posting in the dankest swamp of whining. It's just 2 sides of the same coin.

oh yeah poor men dying!!! booh feakin ooo !

fuck off retard

You absolute fucking retards, NO ARTICLE EXISTS. Not on HuffPo, not whatever OP is trying to post, nothing.

The ONLY source ANYWHERE for Rian Johnson saying Episode VIII is feminist is a Sup Forums thread with a fake screencap saying he said that.

You fucking imbeciles just see someone post shit on Sup Forums and assume it's true? Are you that new?

Nice argument. Did you really type captcha for this reply?

>DUDE IF YOU EVER HAVE ANY SORT OF OPINION OR EVER EXPRESS IT, YOU'RE EXACTLY THE SAME AS SJW'S LMAO

Why do we let retards keep spouting this kind of bullshit?

Hollywood is just a Jewish circlejerk at this point. These movies make money on brand name alone but eventually they will have to be run by people who want to make money again.

Dumb entitled white whores whining about shit and avoiding paying reparation for all the shit that was stolen in their name during the Colonization days, as usual.

It's a battle between women and feminized men.

There is a natural order to things and no fucking fairy tale will change it.

Have a good day.

>waaah if you don't agree with blatant pandering you're a child

Lucas please come back, everything is forgiven

Women moan and want shows that were originally geared towards men changed. It doesn't happen the other way around. There's a difference you fucking mong.

Star Wars has always been feminist. Don't you remember how Leia wasn't completely useless?

take your meds freak

You want blatant pandering too. You wouldn't be watching this trash entertainment if you didn't.

It's 2 groups of little bitches fighting over which side get's pandered to next.

as long as you're telling me what I want we're not having a discussion

You seem angry. Do you want to talk?

Is Star Wars so much of a big deal for you to call people freaks?

I'm sorry for you.

And you're autistic to boot lol.

Still hurling insults. I'd hug you if there wasn't an internet between us.

There is no need to be upset.

You can do movies without pandering you know.
Or at least avoid trying to claim moral superiority by saying your shitty rol playing in front of a camera job is part of some noble social cause.

>implying there is a difference

He means that you're taking the wrong side. Nobody can tell anonymously how you actually feel, but the actual idea, from your stance, is undeniably weird

>You want blatant pandering too.

Actually this thread makes it clear that that's exactly the opposite of what people ITT want.

You'd know that if you were capable of reading above a 2nd Grade level.

I'm taking a side? Where did I take a side? I'm just a spectator to this mess.

>You can do movies without pandering you know.
And not make the big bucks. Gotta get into as many theaters as you can. Personal vision isn't even 2nd or 5th

I WANT FEMALES

FEMALES IN FILM!!!

>women have almost never given a shit about sci-fi in the history of forever

That's why soft sci-fi like Star Wars is made you moron

It's Star Wars. There are no challenging ideas. Can you stop talking like this diarrhea is a piece of chocolate?

Fucks sake. It's already happening.

One can only hope

fucking sake, can't women enjoy a single thing without it being about gender first?

>be female
>have to run a god damn checklist through what i consume
>enjoy nothing truly but find satisfaction in pointing out things that don't matter
What in the fuck will make them happy? I guaranfuckingtee that if Hollywood was 100% women they would still find shit to complain about

>You want blatant pandering too.
No. There is a difference between an entertainment product which was created with the aim to pander,
and an entertainment product which was created on the basis of a creative whim of the developer's vision which happens to pander but which obviously isn't its primary purpose.

The SW I, II, III for instance are pandering, because everything is about Lucas jerking off.

SW IV, V, and VI however, were a production war, with every single entity in the development process vying to suppress Lucas's retarded ideas and improve and implement the good ones, thus focusing on product quality and an original vision.

You need to grasp the difference in philosophies here.

What are you going to do about it?