ITT : Horror tales you'd like to see as movies

ITT : Horror tales you'd like to see as movies

fucking japs are so degenerate

Fucking hell that's disgusting

If you're just now seeing this for the first time you're most likely post-2015 reddit cancer.

Is that Chris-chan

Surprisingly, most Junji Ito manga adapted to live action have been good so far.

kino

Just imagining all the normalfags this would traumatize makes me smile. Can you fucking imagine it if they pulled it off well?

It's literally not possible to turn this into a movie.

Imagine how fucking stupid it would look.
The moment they enter the holes they can't walk anymore.
That means they either would need to make them hop all the time or just let the character get sucked into the hole whilst standing still which looks even more stupid.
It's something that just doesn't work outside of manga.

You could do it low budget and be creative about it. It'd make a good sickening 45 minute movie.

They made that spiral one into a movie and it fucking sucked

>what is body horror?
>This ain't no Scream 3!

Plebs gtfo

> let the character get sucked into the hole
DRRRRRRR DRRRRRRRR DRRRRRRR

You need to watch more horror.

>lots of disgusting stuff falling over your face
>start screaming with open mouth so you can taste that stuff
not even Steve O did that

Junji Ito doesn't translate that well to screen because of how much he uses the page turn to build tension. It's a mechanism that doesn't seem to translate well to film

Came here to say this. It'd be nice if they could pull an on-screen version off, but I highly doubt it'd work.

>Ive wasted my life here longer than you
And this gives you power over the anons?

I would have loved to see Guillermo Del Toro make this into a movie.

DELETE THIS

Pus doesn't even taste that bad.

>It's another "le make a Junji Ito movie XD" maymay

He's right, though. Watching more horror won't make Junji Ito more filmable.

Ito's stuff is scary to me because it follows nightmare logic. Strange and surreal things happen without rhyme or reason, things that are made more horrific and disturbing by the alienated reactions of the people it happens to - the problem is, though, that the static images that make the manga so effective don't translate into motion. If you tried to film "The Hanging Balloons" as it exists on the page then it would play like a Monty Python sketch.

I only know about Spiral. Are you talking about Tomie maybe? I thought the animated adaptation of Gyo was alright but you're talking about live action.

If there's some other live action Junji Ito, I'm on board.

Gyo would be great in live action.
I find raw fish repulsing, that shit would be pure nightmare fuel for me.

I wonder where did he get the inspiration for that. Seems so otherworldly.

I've found plenty of great horror manga but no good horrow anime

What's up with that?

Steve-O put a fucking leech on his eyeball.
That girl ain't got shit on him.

I was talking about the short stories' adaptations. Long Dream and Love Ghost are worth checking out.

I didn't know those were adapted. Thanks man, I'll give them a look. Really love Junji Ito's stuff. He's got the worst endings in the world for his stories, but he's really good at building a premise up.

Maybe it's actually ramen

I'm not sure that a man who can turn into spaghetti is very scary.

The ending is retarded. A few slow moving disfigured humans coming out the other end? Just leave it at human shaped holes that call specfic people into them.

It's about what happened to them you idiot. Why is there fucking one of you every single thread? It's not a complicated story.

A decent number of his short stories got a live action adaptation, most of them were direct-to-tv, though.
Wikipedia has a list of them, iirc.

They were stretched out while surviving? These stretched humans don't seem like a threat and the process took months to happen. What happened to these people isn't terrifying, what caused them to go into these perfect shaped holes is what's mysterious and scary.

Del Toro is too in love with his monsters to make a Lovecraft film.

His Dream Cycle stories might be interesting if put to film.

It says in the comic the holes are cut so that you can move forward but not back.

>What happened to these people isn't terrifying
Yeah getting pushed through a hole that slowly molds you into a fucked up shape isn't terrifying.

Who said they had to be a threat to be terrifying, isn't it terrifying to think what they went through (literally)