Doctor Who General - /WHO/

Happening Edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39431614/fleabag-actress-phoebe-waller-bridge-is-favourite-for-next-doctor-who
radiotimes.com/news/2017-03-29/could-phoebe-waller-bridge-be-the-next-doctor-who-star
mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/red-hot-favourite-doctor-who-10122699
geek.com/television/phoebe-waller-bridge-new-favorite-for-13th-doctor-1694366/
twitter.com/Phil_Sandifer
twitter.com/themindrobber/status/841925331669909504
twitter.com/LondonConcrete/status/844604366619316226
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This image is shopped, the article really exists though.
bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39431614/fleabag-actress-phoebe-waller-bridge-is-favourite-for-next-doctor-who

Don't write /who/ in the title with capital letters, it fucks up the filter.

>filtering /who/

Noooooo! I liked her in fleabag and was hoping she'll do a nude scene soon so now she's the doctor it's not gonna happen! Fuck.

>mfw it's real

>Fleabag actress Phoebe Waller-Bridge is favourite for next Doctor Who

pfffffft RIP Doctor Who, you had a good run

Radio Times speculation too:

radiotimes.com/news/2017-03-29/could-phoebe-waller-bridge-be-the-next-doctor-who-star

Nude scenes are boring user. She's just an attractive skinny white girl, I can direct you to sites with lots of those doing whatever you like.

mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/red-hot-favourite-doctor-who-10122699

geek.com/television/phoebe-waller-bridge-new-favorite-for-13th-doctor-1694366/

If Phoebe isn't Thirteen, Clara doesn't like watersports.

god i hope not is it so wrong to want an older women doctor like 12

Nah other girls aren't the same. She's got a cute accent and messed up in the head.. Just my type and she lets a guy fuck her in the ass in the first episode

So how real is it actually?

Mark Gatiss' episode is going to be a such a crock of shite. I'm genuinely looking forward to S10 but even I can tell it's gonna be a load of wank.

>people actually thought there wasn't going to be a female doctor
>after moffat literally set it up with missy and the general regeneration

kek a doodle doo

Bank holiday monday wank, though. The sort of Jules Verne, Edgar Rice, Burroughs tale of tossing-off that he's always loved.

>w a t e r s p o r t s c o n f i r m e d
>p h o e b e w a l l e r - b r i d g e c o n f i r m e d

Did anyone see what Phil Sandifer just did on twitter? Whatever it was, his account's just been suspended.

Er, it's still there as far as I can see.

>another one bites the dust
>new one the bookies' favourite

How long will this go on for?

I don't disagree, but I'd much rather have her bound forever in the Doctor Who pantheon so I can wank to her eternally while listening to Big Finish and reading VNAs and basically memeing about her for decades. Merely seeing her nude is a poor substitute.

What's this shit about water sports? The actress playing cara is in to it? That means Rob stark is too

How close to the 2013 announcement did Peter Capaldi's odds start going up? I seem to remember not really hearing speculation about him until like the week before.

Huh, guess it's just some guy with the same name, nvm.

twitter.com/Phil_Sandifer

IT SHOULD BE SANDI TOKSVIG

EVERYTHING SHOULD BE SANDI TOKSVIG

OR CLARE BALDING

Yeah the _ isn't in his actual handle.

>being this new

I'm not reading a fucking essay in pictographic form you repugnant snickerdoodle

>dark-haired woman with red lipstick
sounds like moffat's reoccurring fantasy woman. think he had a role in choosing her?

OR SUE PERKINS

i hope they make him a woman for at least one regeneration but i think it might kill the show off again

The definition of 'Moffat's reoccurring fantasy woman' seems to get less specific every year. By Christmas it'll just be "woman with hair".

>mfw the episode 12 cliffhanger is David Bradley in the watersports basement with Clara

They really are intent on killing the series arent they?

It's a notoriously autistic comic some user made in 2013, where after a series of events involving the death of Paul Walker (he forgot to SPLINK) Clara and the First Doctor are the only beings left in the universe. He's dying of thirst and begs for "water", which she and her clones interpret as "watersports".

Cheers, Jon Blum.

I was right, this thread is filled with retarded passers-by coming in thinking it's confirmed and needing to drop in a shitpost or two.

Reported for identity theft.

Cheerio,
Kate Orman

I see. Thank you.

literally who

Not sure. But remember the Pearl Mackie as new companions odds shooting up nowhere to about 3/1 in literally a few days.

As a comparison, PWB has been near the top for weeks if not months.

She's been 10/1 for weeks which isnt very high

Doctor Who could possibly be killed due to SJW fan girls. How does that make you feel?

Most female fans hate the concept of a female Doctor in my country.

Eighth Doctor spinoff series when?

Meh, we'll always have Foreman.

That headline's pretty harsh, I mean she's not that ugly

kekked

I didn't discuss this issue with many female fans in my country, but the most amazingly mysoginistic anti-FemDoc comment came from a woman.

The day Moffatt took notice of the Tumblr crowd it was over.

It will die for our sins.

It's time for the series to go back into stasis until the right hands touch it again.
#cancelWHO

There's some truth in this. My mother (50-year-old who's been watching since Matt Smith) is vehemently against the idea of a female Doctor, but doesn't want to argue about it so I don't really know why. It's weird because she's normally pretty smart.

>most amazingly mysoginistic anti-FemDoc comment
what was it?

it's not decided yet

>i hope they make him a woman for at least one regeneration but i think it might kill the show off again

Nah, the viewing figures are still too good (compared to other BBC TV dramas) in the UK. Not as good as Tennant's peak, but remains in the Beeb's top 5. And the novelty of a 'female Doctor' would cause a 'curiosity peak' for awhile too.

The fact that it's an option is scary enough.

I basically just assume anyone who gets hyped up this far in advance isn't the one. The bookies don't actually fucking know anything unless information gets leaked, which isn't likely until closer to reveal time.
Someone just suggests "ooh wouldn't it be interesting if it was them", everyone picks up on it, and suddenly they become the 'favourite'.

It's hard to reproduce this comment, it's been a while (Soon after Death in Heaven) but the main point was basically that women are hysterical and irrational and citing Missy as an example of terrible terrible defect that turning characters female would introduce.

The type of "people" who call for changes like this are the main ones who end up not supporting it.
Novelty is not something you toy with with a episodic series because it can literally kill a show in an instant.
I'm telling you if they go this route the ones who asked for it won't even watch, they'll feel like they got a victory and will fuck off.

>citing Missy as an example of terrible terrible defect that turning characters female would introduce.
That was a smart lady who said this because Missy really is hot garbage of a character.

About 5 days before he was announced.

Exactly. It's not her. Plus the fact she has another series of Fleabag coming up, she's currently filming Star Wars and she's going to be show running Killing Eve on BBC America.
Do you know who is pretty low down on Bookie's lists right now...? That's right, it's Hayley Atwell... She's doing the BBC adaptation of Howard's End at the moment too....

@WhoCliffhangers

Hate to say it but maybe your dear old mother finds male incarnations more attractive is very heterosexual.

>Do you know who is pretty low down on Bookie's lists right now...? That's right, it's Hayley Atwell... She's doing the BBC adaptation of Howard's End at the moment too....

Are you implying she's more or less likely?

This. She hasn't shown up on any articles either.
It's her. GET HYPE desu.

it is her. Watch them sky rocket a few days before the announcement.

You almost bamboozled me again, you dodgy slyboots!

>making doctor who a woman

bad idea

enjoy all that lost revenue from the hamplanets

The best female candidate already played a companion.

Fair enough. A cute 30 something Doctor for women to crush about again. DESU I'm pretty certain this is the direction Chibnall will want anyway.

My pick for the next Doctor is Johhny Lee Miller, because he's one of the few British actors I know not from DW already.

Yeah but, watersports like wetting herself on public transit, or watersports like chugging a whole rugby team's piss from a pint glass?

twitter.com/themindrobber/status/841925331669909504

I'd only be okay with a female doctor if it were a boyish/androgynous, mature, strong woman with a lot of charm and sophistication.
A Tilda Swinton.

twitter.com/LondonConcrete/status/844604366619316226

So a man with tits?

Colin Baker?

I was going to make that joke.

The Tit Dilemma

really the only legitimate choice for the 13th Doctor

>Angelina Jolie's 1st husband

He looks and sounds great for the role of the Doctor. I'm a fan of Elementary btw, but has it been confirmed for a 6th season?

He got on Peaky Blinders, so I don't think he's available.

tvbynumbers says it's likely not getting season 6, and as we all know, tvbynumbers is a god that is never wrong.

He looks so much... 'freer' and more himself... like he's no longer being all grumpy mean tryhard. And he looks SO MUCH BETTER for it

Also Bill is really qt there.

Same argument (back then) when Capaldi was playing the main villain in The Musketeers.

Daily reminder Rolf buggered Gatiss senseless.

Still the best TARDIS console ever?

I like 8s the best, but that's certainly a great one user :)

>is favourite

I hated this smug bitch in broadchurch. She has a nice ass though.

Speculation: What if she doesn't play The Doctor, but merely plays his Twin Flame?

Or is that role already taken

Moffat says one of the moments in that episode is actually dramatic and is one of his favourite scenes in series 10. Meaning he probably wrote over Gatiss script.

Can we just let the Doctor be male, please? is there anything women don't touch and ruin.

You

the female ice warrior, called IceNips, gets her tits out and starts twerking with Bill

Rekt

>yfw female doctor leads to the era of attractive male companions