Modern capeshit will never have a scene as brilliant as this

Modern capeshit will never have a scene as brilliant as this

youtube.com/watch?v=RWJQR6SNMF8

That atmosphere, that visual dynamism, unthinkable on the modern plastic Marvel movies. Raimi was a master of his craft, RIP

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nL8hVXSDmNM
youtube.com/watch?v=hBqEGo8zOcE
youtube.com/watch?v=lbdeAhpIPhE
youtu.be/eQe8j92j-Eg?t=166
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What was the arms fucking problem?!

Sorry dude, I don't see anything special about this scene. It's quite boring to be honest...

Hi mouseketeer. I can tell you're fuming that nothing will surpass based Raimi

each arm signifies a gas chamber from ww2.

raimi Spider-Man is the greatest capeshit of all time

I forgot how much comic accurate these movies were. This scene is straight outta Ultimate Spider-Man

I don't care about Raimi at all

matrix robot tentacle rippoffs, pleese

this scene fucking terrified me when i was 10 remember it giving me a panic attack, i avoided watching it for so long because i was afraid of it happening again

spider-man 2 is still peak capekino
youtube.com/watch?v=nL8hVXSDmNM

the great thing is that it perfectly captures the tone and themes and feeling of most spidey comics without adapting any specific story. this is how you do comic books in live action, folks.

Spider-Man 1 is better

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

goblin is too shit of a villain
also becoming spider-man isnt as compelling a stroy and struggling to be spider-man

and the action scenes are much better

*Capekino

Where's the part where he witnesses 9/11 ?

What's the matter, friend

elaborate, don't choke

is this really what 90s kids think passes as cinema?

LMAO

What's with the lack of cuts? Needs more cuts to convey the horror of what's happening.

I heard that Raimi wanted the arms to turn into helicopter blades and decapitate the doctors. Why did he want to do that? What was he trying to say?

This whole scene is clearly Raimi paying homage to himself, even down to the inclusion of a chainsaw and "The Force" POV shot.

It's masturbatory bullshit, and you're stupid for liking it. Or, really, liking anything about Raimi's Spider-Man series. It was good for its time but all the love it gets on Sup Forums is just nostalgic bullshit from people who were too young to know better at the time.

Also the ending from 2 its great, how the wedding is a no go, JJ saving the food like the jew he is, and MJ reunites with the tiger

>This whole scene is clearly Raimi paying homage to himself, even down to the inclusion of a chainsaw and "The Force" POV shot.

Everybody knows that you tardo, doesn't change the fact that it's miles above modern capeshit

>goblin is too shit of a villain

I bet you enjoy the MCU movies.

how could raimi get away with this?

Wow jontron took the reaction to his politics a lot worse than I expected.

Literally everything in Batman v Superman surpasses this crap

nice bait

Only Man Of Steel compares to spiderman 2

A spider the size of a tangerine

An octopus the size of a ruby

I didnt love this scene or Spiderman 2 really. I think 1 is the better of the 3. As for what i dont like about this scene, its just so cheesy. Not in any good way either, it makes me cringe and sometimes I laugh, but only AT the scene.

But, I will say this, it is very distinct and Raimi's style oozes from this scene. Its a well done scene as far as technique goes but..i dunno i just cant enjoy it.

>Raimi Spiderman
>Hellboy
>Mystery Men
>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
These are the only true Sup Forums approved capekino. The rest of it can all fuck off back to Sup Forums.

I forgot how kino Hellboy was. I'd argue Logan may be added, the majority of people seem to like it

>everyone likes it so i can't like it

> tfw all capeshit is now made by a committee and follows the basic formula to make a quick buck
> tfw we will never get a movie with so much heart like Raimi's trilogy again

>Where's the part where he witnesses 9/11 ?
THIS, makes me kek hard

Im not that user but i agree that 1 is the better spidey film.

Ive said i before but while 2 has a lot of great stuff in it, theres so much in it thats just cringey. Like the girls running into the screen, that black girl saying "izz webbbb", the raindrops scene.

There was more action and that was really enjoyable, i cant deny that

he hated gooks

Snyder is trying to bring back real, emotional capeshit with the DCEU.

try reading that again retard

I've seen this film over 200 times and it still looks fucking good to me.

Sam Raimi was a true fan of Spider-Man and produced two of the most amazing comic books films ever. The humanity. The horror. That this scene has no score for 90 seconds. The control of the arms.

That they actually built those arms is still incredible to me.

There was so much to love in this film. So much.

superhero movies died with the birth of the MCU

mystery men is fucking garbage

kill yourself

Yea thats why MoS 2 went from featuring batman to full on BvS

Snyder is such an artist with so much integrity, there's no way WB studio execs had a hand in that decision

t.reddit

Can confirm. Mystery Men is a bad stoner film.

Well it paid off, BvS is one of the greatest capeshit of all time, after Man of Steel.

jesus christ how delusional can one person be just to keep the nostalgia going

the movie is reddit, unfunny tryhard trash that also isn't entertaining at all

The thing with the Raimi spiderman movies were they were exactly that, MOVIES.

All the MCU shit are just bridges for the next movie, for the next teamup movie. That is why Guardians was loved so much, since its the one that has some semblance of a movie feel.

Guardians sucked as well.

DUDE MEME OFF BRO YOU AND MEME
DUDE POOP LMAO xD

How does it feel like to always have the shittiest opinion in the room?

there was a poop joke?

You keep spouting that dance off joke, but it had heart, or at least as much heart a MCU movie can have.

>it had heart

youtube.com/watch?v=hBqEGo8zOcE

haha upvote reddit style!

>Can confirm.
Thank you for confirming your shit taste.

it's not opinion if it's fact.

>no argument again except some meme

>it had heart
No it was a stupid gag for cheap laughs, and I liked guardians.

My brother and I used to watch this all the time as kids. Every time Dr Connor points at Peter imitating a gun like that we used to go "BANG!" and laugh our asses off.

I haven't spoken to him in months now though man.

I mean the movie had heart. I called the dance off thing a joke, which is what it is

>We will never get Tobys DorkyAss Peter Parker in the MCU ;_;

>director using his trademarks that appear in all his films
>somehow this is referencing himself

You're a retard

I advise all Raimi Spidey fans to watch Darkman if you haven't already.

>Raimi tried to lynch a jew someone on-set

The meme was real

It's jarring seeing a director actually care about their superhero films

Yeah, but modern capeshit can't get away with things like this.

Seriously what the fuck was Raimi's problem?

Not really a capemedia, but very good. Gotta watch it again.

Good shit.

>it was the success of raimi's spiderman that spurred corporations to make the soulless cash machine MCU
tragedy

>Bruce sprained his ankle on the set of Evil Dead
>Sam kept poking it with a stick to make it worse
>In Evil Dead 2 Sam was waving those branches that hit Bruce while he's driving at like 60mph
>Put his brother in a monster costume that covered 100% of his body on a roasting film set for weeks (he lost like 30 pounds or something)

He's an irl madman

why does amy pascal
write like
that?

>tfw raimi couldn't save capeshit
he held it off as long as possible, is Snyder our last hope?

honestly that was too fucking dark for a pg 13 movie
holy shit
raimi is actually the absolute mad man

>Peter Parker is a good guy and deserves to be rescued, your pal, sam

fucking kek
this is a deleted scene?
fucking nice

that scene has all the same direction you see in Army of Darkness and his other campy "horror" films. Works better in a comic book movie, honestly.

youtube.com/watch?v=lbdeAhpIPhE

the whole Spiderman trilogy is the epitome of capekino. I don't know what happened that they decided to reboot the series but whoever made that decision is the dumbest person on earth.

>ywn be on the set of evil dead with sam "madman" raimi

they were childhood friends who loved to prank each other. Read Bruce Campbell's "If Chin's Could Kill" for a lot more background on Raimi. It's a hoot.

Oh I know, that greentext probably came off as sadistic but it's literally just guys being dudes

>its a KNB effects have to do a bodycast of linda episode

Sam Raimi commentaries are always 10/10

>So I said to her "Old Lady, I want you to get down there in that cellar..."

it's not too late, from the email amy knew she shit the bed with spider man and their ideas were a laughing stock when the leaks came out, when/if spiderman goes back to sony at the very least sam can give some creative input while having another talented director at the helm with the producers being hands off. Everything from that email to sony letting disney renting the character shows they now have some awareness, just hopefully we don't get stuck with spider-twink

>Even dark knight rises, as flawed as it is, was by Nolan's design and not corporate mandates

> Sony

This entire scene has a very horror feel to it. Makes sense since it is Rami

>you will never see raimi's spider man with your dad for the first time ever again

Marthaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I don't get it OP, where are the laughs? We need to throw some quips in there. Get one of the doctors to say, "You and I remember shop class very differently." after the carnage starts. That ought to lighten it up.

Notice how the good/interesting capeshit filmmakers come from deeply visual genres (Raimi, Del Toro from horror, Burton and Bird from animation). They also seem to have a genuine love for the material, as it was part of the counter-culture when they grew up.

People like Nolan or Singer who come from solid neo-noir thrillers; while not visionary or creative have at the very least an elegant style of filmmaking and try to tell thematically meaningful stories, treat their characters/universes seriously and the audiences with respect. (Mangold applies as well, comes from classic western)

Most Marvel Studios filmmakers come from bottom-of-the-barrel Apatow-tier comedies or TV sitcoms.

What's the original source for that image?

It looks interesting.

Stan Lee's How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way

The spiderman movies was pretty good.
>that soundtrack
>the music from 2:48 to 03:00
youtu.be/eQe8j92j-Eg?t=166

Mary Jane is shit tier and drags down all three movies.