If a prime Michael Jordan played in today’s NBA, would he still be the best player?

If a prime Michael Jordan played in today’s NBA, would he still be the best player?

Absolutely. With the adjusted rules and assuming he adjusted to those rules he’d literally average 45 a game

le suck at threes so the league shortened the three point line just for him man

Most manufactured "star" ever. NBA is not a sport.

no
but prime jaworski would
that is the power of most powerful race

no, but steve nash would

MJ would adjust to todays game. With his work ethic he would become a 40% 3 point shooter. He would be even better.

he would lose to the warriors

That's not something you can drastically change with hard work. MJ didn't have a 40% shooting form.

If Lebron can do it, Michael can do it

literally the 3 point line changed when he was retired and reverted back when he came back

Like Mike. If I could be like Mike.

>I wanna be I wanna be like Mike...

>replying to the nips
They are shit at every international and relevant sport

Lebron is nowhere near 40%. MJ could maybe get to where Kawhi is as a shooter, but 40% takes a lifetime of work.

Don't know what it is now but he was shooting 41-42% not that long ago from 3.

Jordan would be shit today with his 90s game but I don't doubt at all he could adjust because the dude was deranged like the leaf said. It's not really fair anyway because people's greatness is usually wholly dependent on the era they were born in

Lol the dudes been cold because I know it was 41-42 and now it's .362

MJ shot 42% from 3 one year, but that doesn't mean that nigga could shoot. Real shooters are a different breed. Anyways MJ would be wasting his time when he could just go out there and be a better Westbrook.

>would a version of Kobe that does everything a lot better besides meme shots do well today?
MJ would average close to 40ppg today. 8 points from fast break dunks, 20 from field goals, and 12 from all the fouls he'll draw inside. You put him in a team with stretch 4s and 5s of today's era? Holy fuck would that team dominate. You'd get Kawhi and Westbrook on your team for the price of one

Michael jordan in today's league will be a slightly better kawhi leonard with better points numbers because of the better attack mode and the same defense as kawhi

he'd be a faster Kobe with Leonard's defense

with demar derozan range/shot selection

He wouldn't do it on maximum efficiency without a 3 pointer though. He'd have to adjust to shooting 3's (not the shitty mid 90s 3pt line)

No. Lebron would still be the GOAT but MJ would be 2nd.

Top 5 B-Ball Players ever

1) Lebron
2) Jordan
3) Bird
4) Kareem
5) Curry.

>he'd be a faster Kobe with Leonard's defense
>with demar derozan range/shot selection

I agree completely. Would this be the best player in today's NBA?

Why does Kobe have so much more dunks (in game) than Jordan?
And how does Vince Carter have so few?

Also imagine Iverson today without hand checking, in his prime.

absolutely

also you can't forget the mental edge and just pure cold-blooded assassin mode that makes kobe's killer instinct look like a 1st grader

modern MJ would end careers with the shit talk as well because modern nba is filled with toilet paper mental toughness

MJ is the best ever! I quit watching basketball when he retired. there was nothing to be seen after him.Mj split basketball time to after and before MJ that how good he was

I'm not a curry fan but so as curry , there is a before and an after curry

>would the guy that could score like that when you were allowed to play defense still be good, when you can't touch a shooter?

What I don't understand is why everybody says the GOAT is MJ or Lebron , and nobody gives a fuck about kareem

WTF LBJ is congratuling himself for reaching 30000 points even if he don't still have them.

He's not as sexy on the basketball court. We all see LeBron and MJ flying around and shooting big shots while boring in the paint play is disregarded. It's kind of why Duncan almost always plays 2nd media fiddle to Kobe even though he's absolutely better.

Kareem dominated the most irrelevant era in the history of the NBA (70s) and was carried by Magic in the 80s

That being said, he's probably top 3 of all time

I think that in MJ era he would also dominate

>would he

Call me when Kareem reaches the playoffs without a dominating PG.

wouldn't even make the bench on the warriors senpai

Product of his era, didn't win shit in the 80s. Only started "dominating" the league once the Bulls stacked and everyone from the 80s retired.
Would be a lone star unless he went ring chasing, considering every damn player has a giant ego now.

no, he'd be getting non stop technicals for trash talking everyone

Lebron > KD > Steph > Jordan

Bill Russell won 11 titles in the 13 years he played. It's not even close. He's the greatest of all time.

>winning titles in the 50's and 60's

There is a reason no-one cares about titles won that far back and that reason is the league was shit and full of white """""people"""

Americans didn't give a shit about NBA at that time tho.

This.

Remember when Jason fucking Terry got in Lebron's head and mindfucked him into an incredibly embarrassing finals loss...

This so much...todays players would be cowering in their safe spaces with play doh after getting absolutely destroyed by mj

People only jerk off to guards aside from Lebron

Of course he would. He's the GOAT of all time.

No, he'd have to contend with defenses now.

Yeah no one ever gave a shit about Shaq, Ewing, Olajuwon, Kevin Garnett, Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Carmelo Anthony, Nowitzki, or Chris Bosh

> russlel
> played with stacked teams in 2-team league filled with 5'10 white guys
> only competition was wilt who did not have a stacked team
> HEZ DA GOAT GUIZ
bostonfags are delusional

I'm from New Jersey and a Knicks fan. No one ever said the best of all time. The best was Jordan, but Jordan has 6, and Russell 11. It's no competition by Jordan's own logic

that idiot just said he was the goat

Are you trying to imply defense is stronger in this era?
You seem to be clueless if you are

"Clyde is a better three-point shooter than I choose to be."

>Lebron
>GOAT
I don't think so sister

it's weird how much tougher the guys in 80s and 90s were than the "thugged out" nigs in the league now. Look at the bad boys. They would mindfuck and safespace any of the fags in the league now, but no one is tatted up like a thug.

they would get ran off the court under today's rules. Being allowed to mug people people doesn't' make you good or skillful

>the "thugged out" nigs in the league now
What the fuck are you talking about? Most of the players in the league were from lower-middle and middle class families. The "thug" era of the NBA is long gone.

yeah, the entire team would be suspended and broke from fines 2 weeks into the season today. I'm sad I was born too late to watch and enjoy 80s basketball. i grew up near chicago so i love mj and he was a tough guy, but he did make the league softer despite today's guys compared to him are pussies. to be fair to mj he did staf up to the bad boys punishment and kept coming back, he did manage to get past them when the league was still "hard". it wasn't until after he beat the bad boys did stars really start to get protected.

i should have phrased it better. the guys in the 80s and early 90s were real thugs. they were hard and played physical ball. they didn't get all tatted up and have to act hard, they did it through action in that they played in a physical era.

Yes. Without handchecking like in today's game, MJ would be literally unstoppable.

no he wouldn't. no way he'd be able to drive into the paint like he used to with zone defenses. He'd also drop off as a defender without hand checking. Not to mention 80s defense gave tons of space to prevent driving because of the lack of zone. He wouldn't get his jumper off as easy as he used to either.