Does anyone else have the weird feeling that this just isn't the Patriots' year? I don't know what it is...

Does anyone else have the weird feeling that this just isn't the Patriots' year? I don't know what it is. But something feels off.

Other urls found in this thread:

espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense/seasontype/2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I know what you mean, I think Karma is going to come bit them in the Ass for mishandling Jimmy G in a curse of Bobby Layne kinda way

I know just what you mean OP, it's like nothing goes their way

>not using the still frame

this just shows it was nothing

They don't have that "season defining" win. They haven't really beaten anyone truly good. They beat the Steelers, but they always beat the Steelers so it didn't feel special. And they'll be Super Bowl Champions by beating the Titans, Jaguars, and the Eagles without their QB.

Something tells me that there is going to be an intense amount of refball against them. The only problem is that refball might not be enough to stop them.

>refball
>against the pats

Eagles will be fighting the refs the whole game. I actually think this game has the same refs as the AFC Championship game. You know, these guys

like when mariota fumbled a week ago and the refs said it wasnt a fumble

The Patriots defense isn't good and their easy schedule has masked that.

The Patriots lost to good teams in the Chiefs and Panthers and needed a comeback to beat the Jaguars. Bortles of all quarterbacks was carving their defense up. What's going to happen with Nick Foles who can actually throw the ball down field?

Eagles have the personnel to manhandle New England in the trenches. Pats are probably going to win but it's going to a lot closer than people are making it out to be.

I mean, wasn't that the same last year? They lost to the Seahawks and beat literally no one else of note for the whole season except the Steelers, that they always beat anyway so who cares (The other team they beat in the playoffs was the Brock Osweiller's Texans who probably shouldn't even be there, like the Titans this year). I was more worried about the SB last year than I am now.

The Pats were yelling at him for no calling a PF on the Jags. Let's not let the truth stand in the way of your biases though

This. Anybody who thinks the Eagles can't win is nuts. This is the second or third best team they've faced in the Owl behind the '01 Rams and maybe the '14 Seahawks

This is the exact same setup as the two owls against the Giants.

>heavy underdogs
>everyone thought they'd be one and done
>gritty front 7
>meme qb

This shit feels too similar to feel comfortable.

Yeah OP. I feel the same way. They played without fire and intensity last game... or maybe they are too good or everyone else is so shit that we subconsciously expect the pats to win every time under any circumstance.

i just checked wiki and it says roger goodell is still the commissioner, so it's definitely their year

It's similar a few years ago when they lost to the Broncos, only this year the entire AFC was trash so they actually made it to the super bowl. Eagles defense will destroy them

These aren't the same pats team either. You don't see browner or ravis in that secondary, do you? Way too many mediocre teams in this year NFL so it makes sense a mediocre Pats team wins it all.

No. We're all counting on you Patriots, don't let >us down.

NE got cucked by NYG's D line twice. Philly's D line is better than both of those giant teams. I just can't see Philly losing this. Brady will keep it close.

it's following the same pattern as last time beat an nfc west team take a year off where the afc west plays the nfc south, beat the nfc south then the east

Six (6)

Even with Foles in place of Wentz the Eagles just seem like a lot to handle. Elite pass rush, good linebackers, a strong running game, fairly talented receivers. Even Foles himself isn't all that bad, and is probably a lot better than Bortles.

If Wentz were still playing the Eagles would be the favorites. As things stand, there's no reason Philly can't beat the Patriots.

heard the same the past week leading up to the jags game. oh jags are bradys kryptonite oh theyre built to beat the pats oh that d line and those speedy lbs oh that secondary blah blah blah. heard it all before. the giants losses were what led the pats and brady to develop the quick route timing oriented offense. he can get the ball out before anyone gets there now, which they werent set up to do 5 years ago.

im expecting another 3 point final score nailbiter like all pats SBs, but not too worried about whos going to come out on top.

>michael strahan
>justin tuck
>osi umenyoira
good? sure. better? not by a long shot. giants had an all-time d-line back then.

Checked. I think they'll win but Eagles have a good chance

The play had already been whistled dead

The Patriots are missing Julian Edelman who is the fire of the offense. Gronkowski should be ready for the Super Bowl but if he's not, the Patriots could have some serious trouble with their midget receivers and mediocre running game.

More importantly, this Patriots team is rather weak defensively. Without a strong offense to keep the opposing team's offense on the sidelines, the Patriots' defense could give up a lot of points in this Super Bowl. In a close game, the Patriots' defense may not be able to get a critical stop to allow Brady to get yet another squeak-out Super Bowl win.

That's the thing I keep coming back to. Even with Foles in place of Wentz, the Eagles have a pretty potent offense. That scheme of theirs, with all those run-pass options, is a big deal. They have three high-level running backs and a receiving corps that isn't too shabby. And their offensive line is one of the best in football.

>5th ranked scoring defense
>rather weak defensively

Eagles D-Line have the most hurries of any team, even 'Sacksonville'. And it's not even close, if you look at Eagles games this season, and even just the Vikings game, the Eagle D-Line just pushes the entire O-Line of opposing teams back 5 feet every time. The interior linemen are way better than the Jags too, where it seriously matters for Brady.

They beat the Titans and jags to get to the superb owl
And they barely beat the jags
Against a real team they're gonna get their shit wrecked

theyre 16th in sacks and brady knows how to get the ball out quick. not worried.

New England defense stats:

espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense/seasontype/2

Total yards given up: 5,856 (4,020 passing, 1,836 rushing)
Ranking: 29/32

*29th* Looks to me that the defense gives up a lot of yards and may have difficulty preventing long drives. Sure, the Patriots don't give up a lot of points but a truly good defense really shouldn't give up that much yardage.

On the defensive passing game against opposing QBs:

367/590 (62.2%)
7.3 yards/attempt
24 TD
12 INT
42 sacks
Opposing QB rating: 89.5

An opposing QB rating of 89.5 doesn't look good for the Patriots when you consider they got to play garbage like the Buccaneers, Jets (twice), Broncos (twice), Dolphins (twice), and Bills (twice).

Who knows how well Foles will play in the Super Bowl but no matter what, he's an upgrade over Jameis Winston, Josh McCown, Brock Osweiler, Matt Moore, and Tyrod Taylor.

This was also a season, and perhaps it's a trend, where the NFC-AFC interconference games were mostly won by the NFC.

yea but my dude, the d stunk up the joint the first few games of the season. really brought down their numbers overall. once they got their shit together they were great. look at this shit:

>first half of the season:
22 PPG - 18th
417 YPG - 32nd

>second half of the season:
15 PPG - 1st
315 YPG - 7th

>no Edelman
>no Gronk

fuck, there's no way the Pats win

Gronk will play.

his braindead and will be out of form

the Eagles are fresh, rested, young and uninjured

An interesting point. The first half of the Patriots' season was something of a murderer's row with KC, NO, Houston, Carolina, Atlanta, and LA Rams on the schedule.

However, in the second half of the season, they only played one good team: Pittsburgh. The other teams played were Denver, Oakland, Miami (x2), Buffalo (x2), and NY Jets.

In the game against Pittsburgh, the Patriots defense gave up 413 yards of offense. Pittsburgh had the ball for 35 minutes to the Patriots 25 minutes.

Giving up 413 yards of offense to a good team is not going to win too many Super Bowls.

yeah but that shit happens every year. gave up over 400 yds to the seahawks last year and then shut down the #1 offense in the SB for the last half of the game. i aint even worried my man.

NE lost both those SBs against the Giants bc their defense gave up an Eli GW touchdown drive in both games, Brady did his part and he'll do his part in this as well... Eagles only hope is for Foles to go score for score and hopefully one of those mediocre RBs on the Pats fumbles again late in the game.

they gave up 427 yards to the Rams, 387 to the Panthers, 396 to the Shehawks, 369 to the Eagles and 344 to the Falcons

heard that last year

if the pats win their championship will have as big of an asterisk as the 2015 warriors

what for this time

Heard all of this before. Pats will win the lowest-rated Owl ever.

This.

DE Eric Lee
DT Lawrence Guy
DT Malcolm Brown
DE Trey Flowers
LB Kyle Van Noy
LB Elandon Roberts

This is the Pats front 7. The only tier 1 player there is Flowers. The Eagles have the best O line in the country. They have better playmakers. Pats can't win missing Edelman.

>iggles fans false flagging to boost their confidence

Pathetic

Firstly, NE's defense is the reason they won the first 3 owls. Brady had big game winning drives but when yous core less than 24 points and win the game? Thank your fucking defense.

Defense was the reason they beat the Seahawks.

The Jags carved up the Pats for 50 minutes and then moved into a zone as their players wore out and got eaten alive. The refs absolutely fucked the Jags on that fumble too so I'm not sure why you're even bragging. You literally lose the game if the Refs do their fucking jobs.

>names 6 guys
>that's their front 7

heard that in 2011 too where he showed up after his injury and got heemed by the giants in the SB

Hightower is obviously the other one is who is an outstanding player but really only valuable in the run stopping game. If he gets to the QB it's because he wasn't blocked.

hahahha go back 2 r/nfl fagit. Nfl rules state he was down by contact. Very clear, take a ball out of a players hands while he's on the ground, you're automatically down by contact. No Grey area. Call was correct. Shouldn't have even been a fumble imo, was a 50/50 call. Jags are lucky to have even got it in the first place.

And Jags carved up the pats for 50 minutes? Wtf game were you watching?
they put up 0 points in the first quarter and 6 in the entire 2nd half.

dude he's been on IR pretty much all season lmao stop giving pregame analysis pls

yeah, i had that feeling last year aswell

You guys are all forgetting one thing: This is the Patriots.

They've faced better offenses (2016 Falcons), and better defenses (2014 Seahawks) than this Eagles team.

I'm not worried about the Eagles pass rush because Tom gets the ball out before any D-Linemen on the planet can get to him 9 times out of 10. And the Eagles secondary is weak. Amendola and Cooks are too quick footed and Gronk will continue to be a match-up nightmare.

Patriots are just clutch every year. They've never blown any team out, but they've always had the one or two plays that decide the game for them. Like mostly infamously the Butler interception or even the Gilmore block just on Sunday. They get it done, always, even if it's just by the skin of their teeth.

I can’t tell if this post is sarcasm

>Chris Long
>Brandon Graham
>Fletcher Cox
not to mention
>Vinny Curry
>Tim Jernigan
>Derek Barnett (a fucking rookie)
they might not be better in terms of top-end talent but in terms of depth, this eagles d-line is legendary

only two of those guys are good. Long is a shell of his younger self.

Jimmy G got sent to a team where he fits well, and trading Brady would've induced way worse karma even if that weren't the case. I don't buy it.

Yeah but their meme qb wasnt a back up

Watch the first half of the Jags-Pats game against and see how frustrated Brady was getting with the pressure. Then the Jags got gassed and Brady sat back in the pocket and won the game. The Eagles have twice as many elite pass rushers as the Jags, expect them to keep pressure on for the whole game. I still give a slight edge to the Pats, but people are really underestimating how well Brady has to play to win this.

>AFC so shitty
>NFC championship featured back up QBs

The Eagles have a better D-line and a better O-line. Pats have the better QB and special teams. Everything else is pretty equal.

The NFC was like 40-20 against the AFC this year.

Disregarding the matchup, I feel they haven't really *done* much this year. The only satisfying and climactic win in the regular season was the Steelers matchup. Then they played the Titans and Jags, neither of who are historically significant to Tom. Jags were great, don't get me wrong, but they brought up no bad blood or feeling of old rivalry like the Steelers, Ravens, or Broncos would have. If they had beaten the Ravens and then the Steelers to get to the SB instead, it would feel more normal, that it is """our""" year

depends on which nick shows up. big dick st. nick would tear them a new one, but if the virgin nick shows up instead, he's in trouble from the first whistle

Eagles' defense won't be able to stop him and their QB won't be able to outscore him. It'll be quite an uneventful game.

I thought their OL played really well against "Sacksonville". If they give Brady the kind of time e had in the AFCCG it won't be pretty. How's the eagles secondary?

ITT: denial and delusion

The entire league was shit this year. What "good" teams should they have faced? The Seahawks? Ravens? Rams? There were no high level teams this year, they faced Saints, Falcons, Panthers, Steelers, Chiefs, and Bills all playoff teams, they manhandled two of them, lost a close early season game to the Panthers, lost bad to the Chiefs in the first game when they still hadn't gotten their stuff together, beat the Bills twice (barely a playoff team) and the Steelers. The teams they faced were pretty much the best teams in the league this year other than the one they will face in the Super Bowl.

2 pro bowl corners

>implying the pats won't win
Just imagine the storylines for next season
>pats threepeat
>wentz comeback
>jimmy g
>iggles vs 49ers NFC owl
Either a redemption arc for wentz vs threepeat attempt for pats or apprentice vs master owl in Jimmy G vs TB in the superb owl. Throw in Roethlisburgers last year before retirement, Jags looking for revenge for additional playoff storylines.

why does no one talk about Miami beating them this year? Sure it was 28-20.

For most of the game tho, NE was down two touchdowns and a literal rookie who corner had two picks on Tom.

The phins d line was penetrating the offensive line often and applying a lot of pressure.

What more to take from this is that Tom was forced to pass quickly and a lot of his passes were down in the dirt and uncatchable.

They can be beat.

No other team in the league has a combo Of Suh and Wake. Not even close.

>Cox
>Jernigan

Come on now...

Eagles secondary will get exposed for how bad they truly are. They've been getting bailed out by that front four.

>comes up with big plays in every play off game so far
>playing for zero (0) dollars
>shell of his former self

I don't think so, Tim

It's going to be a wild ride boys

the world will be shocked when the eagles dont just win the SB but win it in a blowout. just like they won the nfc championship last weekend in a blowout against the nfl's top defense.

foles has channelled his 2013 pro bowl self. took him a few games after wentz went down, but now he is in sync with his receivers and has both long and short game going. offensive line is playing out of their mind. entire defense is in lockdown mode.

this game has major upset written all over it.

31-10. screencap this.

>Jernigan
I said Cameron Wake. Not a fucking bum.

but his file name says otherwise!

Is this the delusion that allows you to sleep until you go to work as a trashman every morning?

last years turnaround was pretty crazy
you're just worried we used up all our luck

yeah it was a bad call, go rewatch the play

Jimmy G is getting a 100 million dollar contract next year

Probably not. They've been underdogs in the last two super bowls they played, and barely pulled off wins. Chances are they won't win this one.

Because they lose to the dolphins every single year.

At least he has a job fag.

>1st in pressures by a mile
Quick throws helped Keenum a lot though, it's not like the pocket was collapsing that fast

designated loss of the season by Bill. He will never attempt to go 16-0 again.

I'm too lazy to quote everyone elsebut these reasons are so fucking /nusp/. you guys fucking suck at analyzing sports.
> doesn't feel like their year
put some facts down. YOU feel that. why. your feeling is not a fucking answer it's a starting point for good, critical analysis. Head to profootball reference and dig in, you'll learn shit, like how to find facts to back yourself up.
Jesus. "feelings" are fucking casual millennial bullshit for sports conversations.

He'll be good, our O line just dominated the Vikings I'm sure we can handle the pats D3 defensive line. That will get the run game going and keep him clean. The only concern is Patricia's more exotic blitzes, but the Eagles have a healthy screen game and the most athletic center in the league in Kelce who will get ahead and punish you. Big dick Nick has literally never had a bad playoff game in his career.

there're some things you cannot and should not put numbers in.
When you grow up you'll learn.

why are they 1st in pressures by a mile but 16th in sacks

dude chill it, people are just talking, whats wrong with talking about how we feel? we're not all trying to be critically analytical experts. if you want that, then feel free to make a thread focused on more critical stat based discussion

>Eagles D-Line have the most hurries of any team, even 'Sacksonville'. And it's not even close
does anybody have a link to this stat anywhere? qb hurries or pressures by team defense for 2017? i literally cannot find one anywhere on any of the usual sites. where are eagles fans getting this from?