My God it was bad

My God it was bad.
Weakest point of the movie was the story, it was fucking shit, they tried to Americanize it to the fullest.

Scarjo and Pitt were two lovers that lived in the 'free' area or some shit like hippies away from all the tech bullshit, till the evil corp came, caught them, extracted their brains so they could turn them to a new kind of androids. Pitt somehow escapes and goes rogue. And Scarjo is like a Police Enforcer that is after him, they both have erased memories. They shoved in the spider tank in the end just so they could keep everyone happy.

Who wrote this? I mean seriously, give me a fucking break. It was a mess.

Other urls found in this thread:

highsnobiety.com/2017/03/30/jordan-peele-akira/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You act as though the corporations are the bad guys?

Would you really want to live in that shithole city portrayed in the movie? Anyone who says they would is mentally ill

Just saw it it was true kino

i heard the guy that played batou was decent, y/n?

only decent character, I thought he was michael shannon

Director too focused on including the scenes of the original but forgetting the why.

The ideal story is actually revealed half way through the film but the writers were either too stupid to notice, or couldn't do anything about it.

Kuze should have retained his real memories, as he was previous prototype - figures they wouldn't need to mess around with that, then the *whitewash* would have had a legitimate reason to do the fucking mind meld once she realised her memories were fake AND gay.

>Technology bad, Evil corporations, your body >was destroyed by terrorists while you were >coming to this city by boat( refugees ?).
>Please watch my movie goyim.
My God, please no

Also the Crow guy appears only for that scene.

Waiting for it to start in IMAX

There are 11 people in here and it starts in five minutes

Excessive use of technology IS bad and 99% of corporations ARE evil.

What kind of fantasy world do you live in?

can't believe they shoved in the refugee crisis in there.

same here, it was an empty house

So the original movie was pro-transhumanism and the new movie is against it?

Hollywood knows how to destroy a story.

yep

They did the same thing with Minority Report.
The original story was pro-precrime and the Hollywood movie was clearly against it.
They can never stop pushing their agendas.

thank god

I hope this is sarcasm, if not, minority report is still a great movie anyway.

Anime is saved.

how was takeshi kitano?

not much, he speaks in Jap for some reason.
He's just there, and kills the bad guy in the end in a very cliche scene.

No sarcasm.
It's not a bad movie but they butchered the original story.

I Am Legend

Book: HOLY FUCK I AM ABOUT TO DIE AND I JUST REALIZED I AM A FUCKING SERIAL KILLING PSYCHOPATH THAT THE ENTIRE NEW WORLD IS AFRAID OF.

Film: HOW THE FUCK DO WE END THIS FUCK IT HE IS LEGEND BECAUSE SUPER DUPER CURE.

Alive, and still based.

Love that guy!

also wears a weird hair piece

>Scarjo and Pitt were two lovers that lived in the 'free' area or some shit like hippies

This is completely false. I'm guessing the OP is less than 20 years old.

the refugee crisis was in SAC and the manga though

Liked. Scarjo body scenes. Batou actor. Trash guy interrogation. First deep dive.

Dildos: BUT MAH MISSING PHILO. Dude who played cutter. He was trying to hard to be Wesker. Most of Edgelords scenes.Too many city shots.

About 50% of people complaining watched the original movie.
About 10% watched SAC
About 1% read the manga.

>technology is evil
go smoke pot, watch koyaanisquatsi and shove your hollow critique of technology up your arse.

How its used is what determines if its good or bad. Excessive use of technology is mankinds future. We enjoy living more than 30 years today, we'll enjoy living more than 100 in a few decades.

Then where are my fucking tachikomas then

>This is completely false.

But it is. Okay I fell asleep near the end but I know they weren't fucking lovers.

i just saw it, solid 7.5/10

i now it's 'hip' to hate this movie right now, but it was actually very good. tons of fanservice.

sure, but still, the current political situation in europe isn't the only reason it's in the movie. That's all i'm saying.

they couldn't include them, SACs tachikoma arc provided more philosophical food for thought than this entire movie

>Excessive use of technology IS bad

Said the retard on the internet.

You can't survive without your starbux and computer so shut your fucking face.

I liked it, fuck you.
*drops mic, exits the stage*

They had literally their names carved on a stone like "Mitsuko + Takeshi".

Even if they are lovers, that subplot is pretty much in Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig.

Stupid fucking baneposters barely know the source material but claim "Americanization".

>excessive misuse of power through technology is a central theme in GITS but lets make it more black and white to make dumb audience feel smart

Remember when Section 9 was a government agency of good guys that basically arrested anyone from politicians to Medical Council Members to hackers for corruption and using people?

I'm sitting in the theater right now before the movie starts. This slaughters the original material doesn't it?

>that subplot is pretty much ghost in the shell 2nd gig
>except we also shoved the puppetmaster into kuze
>and ignored the rest of his background

Should have watched Power Rangers instead.

Yeah but there are faggots in that I hear....

Oh fuck off it's one of my fav movies of the year

ikr the filmmakers really gave heaps of fan service and everyone bitches about it

Izzy Lizzy killed it though.

>So the original movie was pro-transhumanism
Not necessarily.

>and the new movie is against it?
Not necessarily.

There's a big difference in the settings. In this version, Motoko being a full-cyborg is something new and experimental, while in the original, full cyborgs were fairly common.

But neither is just about full cyborgs anyway, that only happens to be an aspect of the setting.

>This slaughters the original material doesn't it?
Oh hell yes

>Better story
>Better character development
Seriously it's far better than the 1995 movie which is nothing but "MUH PHILOSOPHICAL THEMES"

It actually wasn't in your face or pandering. SOMEHOW, her, the autistic kid and r/AsianMasculinity were the best characters in the movie.

It was full of cliches

"Prepare the Spider Tank"
"The Spider Tank is ready , sir"

"We didn't have anything.... all we had was each other"

>Merging two unrelated characters is fan service

Who thought this would be a good idea?

it was great, i only wish they'd shown more of section 9

>If the movie is not a copy paste of the original movie then it's shit

Watch the anime then you fucking faggot instead of going to see this movie. Them showing Kuze in the trailers already let you know they were going to adapt several elements from the series and films.

Up to the first half of the movie keeps to the original spirit, but then Holywood kicks in and you're like "NO, fuck, NO!"

This. The 1995 movie was like watching the architect scene of the matrix for an hour and a half.

It's Robocop, but shittier.

>Merging two unrelated characters is fan service
Am I to list every fan service brought in the 2017 movie? Too lazy to do that. But there was a lot of it

>that scene with Batou on roof with same dog from Innocence
I wanted to cry when I saw that

i didn't expect them to do a copy paste of the anime, where did i state that? But just taking something out of all the source material, gluing it together and then ignoring the deeper parts of the plots doesn't work out to well.

>it was great, i only wish they'd shown more of section 9
Yeah Togusa was very underused but that restuarant shoot out scene was great

yeah, or that boat scene they killed completly

or the trashtruck chase and fight in the water. where they somehow forgot that the most important part was the poor sob realizing that his memories were faked and he doesn't have a wife and daugther.

>and then ignoring the deeper parts of the plots
Bringing in refugees and going on a ramble about how humans don't understand death is the most deepest thing that American cinema would never be able to manage to put to screen?

What was wrong with the trashman committing suicide in this one from his mind rejecting the truth?

>or the trashtruck chase and fight in the water. where they somehow forgot that the most important part was the poor sob realizing that his memories were faked and he doesn't have a wife and daugther.
... I have watched the Scarjo movie and Major tells him that his memories were false and that he never had a wife and daughter and that he has been living alone for so long in an empty apartment.

Kuze then invades his mind and then he kills himself.

Have you even watched the fucking movie?

where did they ever bring refugees in in the source material? They were still exploited, all they did was prevent them from getting nuked. And they're hardly rambling about how humans don't understand death either, the main debate is what makes one human and if it can be preserved when uploading yourself to the net.

Nothing. That user is just trolling when deep down they did this scene absolute justice to the source material

>GITS is mostly philosophical about trans-humanism and losing identity due to converting our souls into data

>Fuck that shit I wanna see some cyborgs kick some ass

The characters were already fully developed by the time the original begins.

>where did they ever bring refugees in in the source material?
they didnt I am saying that GitS fans call the anime the deepest law and that somehow including Kuze's refugee backstory and adding in some deep dialogue about human souls - those not being in the movie is the reason weebos hate this version apparently

>ignoring the deeper parts of the plots

>>can robots be human?
>>is it weird to have a robot body?

wow so deep lol what is literally Ex Machina and Westworld and every sci fi book since 1935

"Is this your daughter??"

Best scene.

>The characters were already fully developed by the time the original begins.
How stupid are weebo fans?

Dr.Ghost I'm Dr. Ouélet.

that wasn't the point. Them taking kuze and leaving out his character ark made no sense. If you want a new opponent just build one, dont kill two to mold one mediocre one out of them.

>"Is this your daughter??"
>Is a picture of a guy
>"Yes yes it is"
Damn this guy was very deranged

why would they put this thing around his neck he could hang himself at any point during the interrogation.

Dr Major I'm Section 9

No one claimed GitS was the first cyberpunk movie or franchise that asked these questions or that others didn't do better. Leaving it out completly still doesn't do it any justice.

I don't even remember the black guy on the left being in the movie... you know what's funny? They cast black actors to pander to the SJW's but then give the black actors only small side roles.

Based

>Like I said, I'm good with calculation.
kinda out of place desu

was this last scene really necessary, at this point I had completely forgotten what their job was.

i don't even know who that's supposed to be. Paz? It's not just him taht didn't get any screentime though, everyone but batou and the major could've used more

getting pissed off now that people are trying to claim this is an awful flick because it's cool to hate on it.

HE GOT A ROBOT LIVER SO HE COULD PARTY HARD.

BRB DRINK.

>was this last scene really necessary, at this point I had completely forgotten what their job was.
eh the movie ended on a standalone note. Basically Major and Section 9 defeating evil and continuing to go on assignments.

I liked this ending. Works well as a standalone.

One user said they should have had Major die and then put her brain inside a Japanese woman at end and wallah Motoko actually becomes Japanese again

^_____^

highsnobiety.com/2017/03/30/jordan-peele-akira/

I loved it, I don't get the hate, I'll see it again before it leaves the theater

I haven't seen any other Ghost in the Shell adaptations. What's so bad about those? Also, you start with lovers as if it was a big part of the movie.

That actually would have made things even more awkward for the movie and clearly pandering.

>HE GOT A ROBOT LIVER SO HE COULD PARTY HARD.
nah that's not the same black guy

Pic related was him who didn't have any cyber enhanced eyes.

This guy and that British Black girl were actually great side characters even tho they didn't do anything really

They dumped it down and made it into a love story.

I like how Batou still maintained his cool and happy attitude after losing his human eyes.

Not that easy to just maintain a positive side to life when horrible things go wrong

>"Can you feed the dogs for me. I don't wanna scare them"
;_;

Also that boat scene when Major starts to undress right in front of him and he gets uncomfortable

Was that the black guy that hung out with the governor for like a day until he shot all the Woodbury remnants?

The way the weeaboos talk about GitS, you'd think that GitS invented cyberpunk.

I kept thinking to myself, is that Michael Shannon ?

tfw this flops and they cancel the Naruto movie.

>"At least you were right about one thing Major. The Ghost was in the Shell"

>Also that boat scene when Major starts to undress right in front of him and he gets uncomfortable

What? No, in the original Batou is a beta bitch who looks away, in this he looks away in annoyance.

How would that even work?

Dragon ball z was too stupid to work in live action. Naruto is even dumber.