Why are the Pats so unlikeable? Even the ever-hated Iggles are preferred over them

Why are the Pats so unlikeable? Even the ever-hated Iggles are preferred over them

I'm a Rams fan, and I'm rooting for the Pats. Eagle fans are scum.

Neutrals tend to root for the underdog maybe?

People hate success.

what the hell is going on with north dakota?

They have a reputation as cheaters, Bawwstahn fans are annoying, and they're a very successful franchise, success breeds contempt.

This is one of the few super bowls i'm content with whoever wins. If the Eagles win, it'll cap off a nice season for them and prevent the Pats from getting another championship.

If the Pats win, the video from EDP445 blowing a gasket will be legendary, especially since he'll be at the game.

I'm in the philly area and rooting pats because I'm not really a fan of any team but I wouldn't mind witnessing the legendary Brady/BB combo further cement their legacy

Woke as fuck

Five people voted and Pats won 3-2

losers hate winners

weird way to spell cheating

I live in Nevada (northern part) and I'm a Patriots fan and they have quite a big fanbase here. Maybe since we don't have our own team, because they are like "America's Default Team", I don't know but when I started watching football in the early 2000's I gravitated toward Brady admiration and the Patriots have been my default team since.

In the city though there's also a big 49ers/Raiders fanbase (split down the middle) since California is nearby, and I'd say in the eastern part of the state it's split Cowboys/Broncos.

>North Dakota voting for Carson Wentz's team to lose the Super Bowl

I call bullshit

>propatriotsmemes.com

same in utah, everybody has there own team, based on individuality and not geographic location. i honestly have no idea what itd be like to forced to be a fan of a certain team simply because they are in your geographic "zone". imagine living in cleveland and forced to be a fan of that team, my god that would suck

I'd imagine it would be better rooting for your local team that represents you and is somewhat connected to you over whatever arbitrary reason to just pick a team like them being good or you liking their uniforms or the second cousin of your best friend's older brother's gym coach being drafted by them in the sixth round or some shit.

>reputation as cheaters

They have never cheated though.

"Spygate" which is essentially just watching film, something all teams do was common place until the NFL decided it was "cheating".

"Deflategate" which is just conditioning the ball, is something every single team did up to that point, it was commonplace until the NFL decided that is was "cheating". Hell Joe Montana used stickum on his balls to be easier to catch and nobody said a word. Vikings use ball warmers, which they were told quietly by the NFL to stop doing.

Telling a team that is doing something commonplace to stop because that thing is now frowned upon is not the same as cheating.

you're not forced, it's just naturally attractive. you learn to laugh at them when they're bad.

That's neither here nor there. The question was why so many people dislike the patriots and part of the reason is they carry the reputation of cheating. Whether its justified or not is pretty irrelevant to the question.

>whatever arbitrary reason to just pick a team

how about being a genuine fan of the sport and enjoying how they coach/play?

they've been ass raping 30 of the 31 other teams for the past 17 years

>implying you can't be both

Thats all fine and good, but its the bandwagoners mentality. You can be a fan of the sport and have a favourite team. But being a 'fan' of the way a certain team plays is tenuous and hollow in relation to having a team you suffer and live by. Watching a team whose style you enjoy win a championship pales in comparison to a team you're a genuine fan of win.

Basically its way more fun if you're actually invested in the outcome.

what about when brady faked a thumb injury to throw off the jags who assumed he wouldn't start and were unprepared for him? face it, the patriots have always been shady

The Jags weren't stupid enough to fall for something like that. They just did what everyone else does against the Pats and started playing conservative in the second half and got blown up.

how the fuck are you still seething from week 13?

Your fans are the ones who were chanting "ACL! ACL! ACL!" After Wentz went down, so no, you don't get to have the high ground. 1999 doesn't count by the way.

no nigga, they were watching practice tape. As in they filmed the Eagles practicing preparing for the game. That is CHEATING

NY media and ESPN shilling a narrative doesnt make it a "reputation".

holy shit, based texas coming in clutch

Wentz is on the bench. We love him. Fuck the eagles.

>Vermont and Connecticut apart of New England
>Don't support the New England Patriots

haha it says rooting

>Fuck the eagles
why?
It's literally just salty Dallass fans

>reputation
>noun
>the beliefs or opinions that are generally held about someone or something.
>"his reputation was tarnished by allegations that he had taken bribes"
>a widespread belief that someone or something has a particular habit or characteristic.

if ESPN repeats a narrative that millions of people believe, then that makes it his reputation. You literally can't argue the definition of a word just because you don't like it.

>North Dakota
>Went Wentz's team to lose
Sincere doubt.

whoever runs the media runs the show or as the saying goes

>a team you suffer and live by

Why is being a fan of a team like say, the Patriots, who are mostly the same crew for the last 20 years and same style, a coach and quarterback and core you support

Somehow worse than being a fan that changes quarterbacks every year and has completely different players and a new coach every 3 years and no consistency, the only thing being the same about the team is the arbitrary "theme/colors/city" that team is from

You say you like the Browns, but what does that mean, you like the brand? Because the Browns are a completely different team almost every year

I ship Goff/Wentz ;_;

They didn't film a practice, that story was recanted by john tomase. They filmed signals from an illegal area. The story about them filming a practice turned out to be false and wound up being withdrawn by the guy who wrote it.

He still gets a ring if he's on the bench, user

that is quite literally what makes it a reputation

Eagles confirmed for America's team. 16 home games.

bandwagon fan

it is split vikings and packers fans pretty much

Because teams endure, players don't. Its essentially tribalism. Teams represent the city and area they come from, etc. When you watch the Olympics do you want team USA to win or some random other athlete because you like how they do whatever sport. players do by proxy but they're ultimately playing for themselves. Its natural for someone from Boston to want the Boston sports team to win. Its a little creepy for a grown man to just want a specific other man to win a title.

im a seahawks fan but im rooting for the pats because i want the eagles ringless

also MAGA

>practice tape
>somehow different from game tape

literally who cares nigga?

why the fuck does film on how a team plays make any fucking different, is that team really that one dimensional?

if you are saying belichick memorized that teams "playlist" or something good because having a preset playlist is fucking horrendous coaching and you absolutely deserve to lose being that nonfluid and predictable

>Not Wentz/Ertz

but none of the players are even from the city they play for usually. I could understand if teams could only have people who grew up there and experienced the culture, but brady is from fucking california FFS. Most boston legends are from california actually.

if the eagles win, it's going to be the greatest night in philadelphia of all time. i can't fucking wait.

>Its a little creepy for a grown man to just want a specific other man to win a title.

That's essentially what sports is buddy.

Tribalism is stupidity, there is no merit in rooting for a team because of whatever location you are from, it's idiotic. I have lived in dozens of major cities and I can tell you quite honestly almost all of them at their core are the same fucking thing.

I have more respect for someone who would simply admit they were a fan of the Joe Montana 49ers than to say they are a blanket fan of the 49ers because they liked when Joe Montana played, but they are suffering through watching Colin Kaepernick play, like it's even remotely the same team in any capacity.

people dislike dynasty teams, even the players most people look back on fondly were hated in their time.

That said, the patriots are also proven cheaters, something that the media has forgot about because they have an agenda. They talk about brady nonstop in the same way they talk about lebron nonstop.

Rob Parker is the only guy out there that is objective about the pats. Bonds can't get in the hall of fame because of roids, when he was a hall of famer even if you took away his stats after he started using gear. Meanwhile belicheat and brady will be first ballot despite a really hilarious history of cheating. On top of that, we all know that brady is also a system baby, belichick is the genius at the end of the day, but brady gets most of the credit, so its annoying.

not him, but it's disingenuous to say that you're a 'real' fan of the former, a team that's good, over your local team.

I'm from south jersey. I've been to philly a lot, a lot of my friends are eagles fans. when the eagles win it's a community thing. I know that people back home are happy about it. I watched this team go 4-12, I watched "the dream team", I watched Nick Foles go one and done, I watched the 2004 owl. these are all shared experiences with people i knew growing up.

the thing that's ACTUALLY consistent is the team and the city. yeah yeah the patriots 20 years but that's a once in a lifetime type of thing. if anything, you're the one more 'loyal to a brand' because you have literally no honest reason to like them. you probably just picked a team that wins (kudos if you didn't, I guess). bandwagon fans don't really rile me up like they used to, but it's a damn shame. your local team could probably use the support.

>Its essentially tribalism.

Tribalism is essentially on the same level as racism. Feeling pride and creedence about a blanket thing based on the achievements of individuals of the same group long ago that now have absolutely nothing to do with you.

Carson wentz fans

this basically, this is why I stopped watching college sports, back in the day they actually had locals in college teams, now they recruit as badly as the nfl, an oregon team is actually just random players from all over the country, there is no pride about the localism now and maybe there shouldnt be

Basically what I'm getting at is that its a different way to experience a sport. Its quite a bit of team vs player thing. I can throw on a game of any two teams and watch it and appreciate how one team is playing, but the outcome is ultimately meaningless. Contrast that with the team I grew up following, that I'm a fan of and feel a genuine connection to. When they play I'm excited when they win and disappointed when they lose. I follow the offseason moves they make with anticipation and a vested interest in watching them succeed. I can see another team's moves and laugh at a horrific trade or appreciate a well executed draft, but at the end of the day I ultimately don't give a shit. There's players on other teams I like watching the playstyle of, but whether they win or lose is up to them and has no bearing on me. Sports are just more fun when you have that connection. I have a hard time imagining someone watching the game from a purely analytical, playstyle perspective gets the same type of enjoyment out of someone who genuinely cares about the outcome.

You're taking it completely out of context. And if its stupid to want the team from your city to win over a team from another city, then I don't know why you watch sports in the first place because its even dumber to watch other people engage in a recreational activity or game. Do you sit by the road and watch other people jog or go to the library to watch other people read?

>>>/tumblr/
See above.

A lot of people in Connecticut have ties or live close enough to NY that they root for the Giants or Jets, so I'm not very surprised there. I have no idea what the fuck Vermont is doing.

70% of the country needs exiled of this land so muh popular vote means shit

Because only like 30 people live in North Dakota

I just want to know what success feels like for once in my life.

Eagles winning with Wentz on the bench is nightmare situation for Wentztards.

>North Cuckoda

>system baby

You say this as if Tom Brady just happened to be placed in this magical system anybody can achieve in, when that is categorically false. Tom Brady is as integral a part of the system as Belichick, if not more so.

The reason the "plug and play" system works is because Tom can make passes to literally any player on the team, he's thrown touchdowns to linemen, he's thrown to punters for a rushing touchdown, he can pick anybody on the team and deliver them a perfect catchable pass. This is why you can lose a Gronkowski or a Julian Edelman or a Randy Moss and it makes absolutely no difference.

Belichick is a genius but he was just above average for over a decade, he never achieved major critical success until Tom Brady came into the picture and took his system to the next level.

It's true, Belichick took Matt Cassel to an 11-5 season in 2008. Cassel at that point was extremely groomed by Tom to play in a similar style and fit into the Tom mold, but when it came time for the playoffs Cassel fell short.

Belichick can take you to the playoffs, or at least take a Tom doppelganger to the playoffs, but no one is better than Tom at actually breaking through and winning in the post season.

As Reggie Bush said, "Tom is the ultimate finisher, He is legendary in that regard."

I don't care what you say about the athleticism of Aaron Rodgers for example, Aaron Rodgers is only 9-7 in the playoffs, if he can ever win into the playoffs, despite the Packers having consistently winning seasons and giving Rodgers the opportunities to win, which so far he has squandered.

Tom Brady on the other hand not only takes his team into the playoffs when given the opportunity, he is 27-9 in playoff games. He has the highest statistical percentage of winning in the post season than any other quarterback in history, period.

You can put Matt Cassel on the team, Aaron Rodgers on the team, Garoppolo on the team, but at the end of the day the system still relies on Tom.

North Dakota is full of people who put in sweat equity to find success so it's no surprise they don't fall for the "winners are the bad guys" meme

t. nigger mad a white is the GOAT

Yet teams make game plans each week for how they will approach certain situations based on game tape. Those game plans are laid out in practice. Knowing what a team is likely to try on third down and a certain distance seems like an unfair advantage no?

fucking wall of text bro, jesus.

a) no such thing as a system babby
b) it's much more compact to tell these non-researching faggots who only overhead this bullshit and repeat it without understanding to show them 2 seasons later cassel took Kansas to 10-5 also.
Fuck them man, don't even bother with them. They basically are brady bandwagonners.

I Ship this too Canada bro

Then move.

I'm a Vikings fan and I would've rooted for the Eagles but after that game I'm hoping they crash gloriously

>Connecticut
>Vermont
traitors

You can probably see that fucking reply from the international space station

Underdogs and the Pats cheat + supported by Trump who is dealing with those treason and obstruction of justice charges.

Also white guys, so the Pats are racist too.

People hated New Englands sports and their fans long before the Red Sox and Patriots were a success.

As a New Englander I feel like outsider fans are the type of people with dysfunctional personalities that make them unconsciously seek out negative attention at all times.

Trips of truth.

>North Dakota
>wanting the Patriots to win

I live there and I can assure you that is bullshit. Everyone and their dead granddad have a Wentz jersey in this god forsaken state.

what, like the 60s? how old are you.

yeah, that's because you're a new englander. People move, retard. You should try it. Hop on 90 and take a drive m8.

Why the fuck would North Dakota not cheer for Wentz's team. That shit is bogus as fuck

Why is minnesota rooting for the eagles? what kind of cuck shit is that

You mean the 90's? When the Red Sox were as big of losers as the Cubs used to be and the Patriots made a Super Bowl only to immediately fire Parcells?

Quick question, is New England Patriots the only team names after a region rather than a city or state? I don't know anything about his sport.

So why would they want to see another QB lead his team to the title?

carolina panthers are named after TWO states

yes

The team used to be called the Boston Patriots, but when the city of Boston wouldn't help build a new stadium, the team was moved to the city of Foxboro, and the team was re-named "New England Patriots".

Wow, thanks, should I bandwagon this team?

bostonfags shouldn't try to claim their owls then. Until further notice Foxboro now owns all of the patriots' owls

It's never too late to bandwagon! Since the championship game is going to be played on February 4th, I say wait until February 3rd for maximum effect. Be sure to tell everyone that James Harrison is your favorite Patriot. Sit back and enjoy!

You do know the league controls injury reports during the playoffs not the teams, right

>starts bandwagoning
>sees them win 6th owl
>everyone retires
>stuck with team rebuilding for the next 30 years

that's not how it works. how come you fags never know how shit works? its like you just repeat shit you hear verbatim without thinking.

you're fucking retarded. if you can be both, but you follow your logic, then you are a bandwagonner. holy shit you are stupid! why even post here it's embarassing.

just go slow and read your post and the post you replied too, and then apply your statement "implying you can't be both", then note what you SAY how "being both" is the bandwagonner mentality.

I explained it twice for you.

>north dickota

would that not apply to all teams which are named for anything other than the municipality where the stadium is?
> green bay
> tampa bay
> East Rutherford Giants
> East Rutherford Jets
>

fuck these plastic califaggot carpetbaggers speaking for real texas. I wish gronk could kill wentz in revenge for the shitbirds killing our blessed Playmaker but he's already out :^)

god you're queer.

I lived in North Dakota for a few years. They want the Pats to win because
1) Wentz will be exposed as a system babby if his backup wins
2) They were almost entirely Vikings fans prior to Wentz and were pissed at how the Eagle fans treated them