/nfl/ general - HEY JACKIE edition

SF:49ers ‘working hard’ on Garoppolo extension
MIA:Dolphins unlikely to re-sign Jarvis Landry
FA:TEN, NYJ to interview Brian Callahan for OC
PIT:Steelers, Bell 'lot closer' in contract talks
JAX:Jaguars to tag A-Rob if no multi-year deal?
MIA:BAL was interested in Jarvis Landry last year
NYG:Giants nab James Bettcher to run the defense
FA:Darrell Bevell to interview for Vikes' OC job
NYJ:McCown to keep playing, open to Jets return
DAL:Jerry Jones not planning to move Dez Bryant
MIN:Zimmer noncommittal on bringing back Keenum
ARZ:Larry Fitzgerald remains undecided on 2018

Other urls found in this thread:

weei.com/articles/column/tomase-pass-interference-numbers-favoring-patriots-are-even-crazier-you-think
youtube.com/watch?v=mcf_br2A4TY
cnbc.com/2017/09/01/highest-paid-quarterbacks-in-the-nfl.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

o

>brady wins 6th ring and then retires (one ring for each round of the draft)
>pats are now irrelevant for 15 years because they traded the jimmy g for peanuts
It will be worth it bros, just let brady get one more and then the league can celebrate

This thread belongs to EAGLES NATION.

FLY EAGLES FLY!

*Philadelphia Freedom starts playing*

*throws a full beer can at you

>MVP
>Team makes SB without him

Tfw no franchise qb

>MVP
>plays in super bowl and loses

*dodges it like that little black girl in Remember The Titans

epic post

>Philadelphia has the better team

>Putting all >our hopes on an injured QB who we don't even know is healthy enough to play again
Feels uncertain man

>da patriots will win becuz das tam bradie doe

I do say, the Patriots of New England are legitimately dangerous.

>there are 20 year-old Cowboys fans who will say "Five rings!" when the Eagles inevitably win their first

>the Pats are legit dangerous

>the smart money is always on Brady

>the iggles front 7 is unbeatable

>implying he doesn't want 2 rings for each round

Eagles fan here. Let's be real, we have a mediocre backup QB vs Tom Brady, the GOAT of all time. It'll be a miracle if we even put up a fight. Let's just wait for Brady to retire and Wentz to recover and try again later. Okay?

Front 4, although there are more like 8 or 9 of them.

die false flagging scum

I know this b8, but Tom Brady is not the GOAT. Pic related is the GOAT QB.

Nice try, Bill.

Real talk though: P. Manning is the GOAT, despite being a serial choke artist

>One of these two teams that have the best record in football, balanced offesnes, and elite defenses has no chance because I said so

Patriots fan here, I want to believe we can win, but we don't have an answer for the Eagles defensive front and elite cover corners

1. AJ Bouye
2. Jimmy Smith
3. Darius Slay
4. Jalen Ramsey
5. Marcus Peters
6. Casey Heyward
7. Xavier Rhodes
8. Marshon Lattimore
9. Patrick Peterson
10. Kyle Fuller

Because Jacksonville doesn't have those either

>muh rotation muhfugga

i know this is bait but
>mediocre backup QB
what did he mean by this?

>no PRob
Apply yourself.

Why are Vikings fans such pussies? Can they really not handle the bantz?

in their daily lives they only bant w/Wisconsin and North Dakota, so no, they're not fucking ready.

In all seriousness, will philly be able to cover everyone on the pats?

>6. Casey Hayward

I still miss him.

Arent there 7 rounds in the draft?

I'm gonna make a late night PB&J. should I mix it up by toasting it?

Brady was taken in the 6th.

>salary cap babby
>played with the GOAT receiver while Brady has made it work with a manlet receiver core his whole career

God I hope the Vikings don’t draft Lamar Jackson in the draft, tired of black qbs.

Are there even any vicuck fans left on Sup Forums? Thought they all disappeared out of embarrassment already.

Brady plays on a discount so you can’t use the salary cap excuse

why would they draft another QB? Their pick is way too low anyways for a good one.

He'll be off the board before 29.

i miss him :( fuck dak memescott.

>marcus peters over marshon lattimore

>Brady plays on a discount
You say that like it's easy. Aaron Rodgers can't take a discount because his ego won't let him. Montana would probably be the same

People keep saying Aaron Rodgers is an all-time great, and they cite his regular season statistics which mostly equal or slightly edge out above Brady, as their reasoning.

Yet, regular season stats are meaningless, when it actually matters, in the playoffs, he falls incredibly short every single year.

Rodgers has had almost the same opportunity to win as many rings as Tom, but somehow he fucks it and has done so consistently.

Explain this to me, Rodgers fanboys. And before you say "its a team game" and "he carries the team", Brett Favre had nowhere near the technical prowess of Rodgers but somehow the Packers still had 7/10 playoff berths before Rodgers came into the picture, so don't give me that shit.

Aaron Rodgers
>Has had 9 playoff opportunity years out of his 13 total with the Packers
>70% chance statistically the Packers make it to the playoffs any given year
>Has only won 1 Super Bowl in 13 years
>7.69% effectiveness rating in winning Super Bowls when given the opportunity
>Playoff record: 9-7
>Playoff efficiency: 52%

Tom Brady
>Has had 14 playoff opportunity years out of his 18 total with the Patriots
>77% chance statistically the Patriots make it to the playoffs any given year
>Has won 5 Super Bowls in 18 years
>27.78% effectiveness rating in winning Super Bowls when given the opportunity
>Playoff record: 27-9
>Playoff efficiency: 75%

>this year
>"just keep winning and hold my spot for me when i get back and we'll make the super bowl!"
>comes back
>throws 3 picks in colossal defeat against the panthers

>Delusional Iggles fans
>implying you have an answer for Gronk
>implying your "elite" pass rush is good enough to get to Brady when he releases quicker than anybody
>implying they'll perform nearly as well in neutral territory
>implying Nick Foles won't implode on the spot
>implying your meme RBBC will work

sigh, I guess the Patriots will have to teach you this lesson again, the hard way

We'll see how you do against a REAL quarterback

Brady's efficiency rating is going up even further this year when he gets his 6th.

Fucking minnesotans are basically just Canadians who happen to be south of the border.
"Bantz" and shittalking are being rude and not showing proper Minnesota hospitality, their fucking crowd chant just means "cheers and good health"

weei.com/articles/column/tomase-pass-interference-numbers-favoring-patriots-are-even-crazier-you-think

JANUARY 22, 2018

Pass interference numbers favoring Patriots are even crazier than you think

It's a story that has repeated itself all season. No team converted more first downs via penalties (50) than the Patriots. No team recorded more automatic first downs (43). No team gained more yards on defensive pass interference (355). Only four clubs drew more PI calls than the Pats' 14.

On the flip side, no team allowed fewer first downs by penalty (23), and only two were flagged for fewer defensive pass interference calls than New England's six, per nflpenalties.com.

When did CM Phil put on a Packers shirt lol

Fair.

It's comical how at the beginning of every year there is a 3-4 week period talking about how this will be "Aaron Rodger's year" and how he is a "legit threat" and when playoff time comes he folds like a lawnchair, every, single, year

ESPN wants Rodgers to be the face of the NFL so badly they are grasping for straws

I agree with you but
this. all the draft guys are saying he's gonna go as a WR/gadget guy. which is fine. but he's still going 1st. if deshone kizer got drafter at all yet alone the 2nd then jackson is a 1st rounder. dude is too talented. worked on his game and improved on everything they told him to. I agree with you
>nigger
>loiusville qb
so my votes no. but for some desperate team looking for a spark he guarantees you a winning season if your OC treats him like a child and builds the entire offense around him.
dude does have good vision. I think jets, bengals, cards, bills, mayyyybeeee even jags or seahawks or browns. he's a 1st round talent with the way he can gash people on the field once he takes advantage of an opening.

So who is the best tackle that could still be available at 31 / 32 to replace Jason Peters?

This isn't due to favoritism, this is due to Belichick's effective use of challenges as well as penalty manipulation (which is a legit tactic)

youtube.com/watch?v=mcf_br2A4TY

If you have an intimate knowledge of the game you can do a lot more (like draw a team offsides), or like this pass interference where you throw it knowing it will most likely be an in-completion but expecting the corner to be overly aggressive and push your receiver to put the ball on the spot of origin of the catch

You might not like it but it's a legitimate coaching technique

brown or oneill

Eagles have been doing this to it seems. There's been a few times where Wentz or Foles just chuck it deep and draw a DPI call. Pretty sure it helped them win one of their close games this season, can't remember which though.

Aaron Rodgers is literally underpaid compared to the salaries of other quarterbacks in the league.

>He sure be paid everything because his team mates are shit!!!!
>What do you mean they have no money to get better teammates???

At worst he's the Bills 1st round pick. At worst. No way he falls further than that.

This is retarded logic. Brady has the best coach of all time and Aaron Rodgers has Mike McCarthy who is fucking terrible but will never be fired Rodgers drags them to the playoffs all the time.

Big V.

>implying

Most people respect it as part of his situational football coaching.

Pleb brainlet fans who don't really understand the rules just see it as "hurrrr duuuaaaaa pay da reffs aahhhhhhh"

Then you have plebs like Max Kellerman who add fuel to the fire with his dumbass conspiracies, when Jalen Ramsey himself said "yeah I PI'd him (pass interference) it doesnt matter anyway though they didnt score on that drive. they just outplayed us in the end", but Max will tell you they could not have won without that penalty, but the reality is that penalty did absolutely nothing for them

Aaron Rodgers is paid less than some lesser talented quarterbacks while also having a shit team and shit coaching. cnbc.com/2017/09/01/highest-paid-quarterbacks-in-the-nfl.html

Big V has been playing great. Griffen didn't do shit against him. He doesn't look as good with Wiz out. They need depth more than anything.

>Talent
You get paid based on supply and demand, not how talented you are

>GOAT
>used stickum on footballs with Jerry Rice, and also illegal PED's

despite it he only has 4 rings

tom is the goat

The disparity between being "the best coach of all time" and being a decent playoff coach literally doesn't matter

Brady carries the team, Rodgers carries the team

Only difference is Brady carries them deep into the playoffs and actually wins, while Rodgers carries them and chokes

Why do people pretend the Packers are a bad team when they are actually a top 4 team every single year and were even so with Brett Hundley this year

>were even so with Brett Hundley this year
Nah bro

Thats just blatantly not true. The team around Rodgers is absolute garbage. Look at this years Packers after Rodger went down. Then look at the last time Brady didn't play for the majority of a season.

He won like 4 straight games after he warmed up, and then Rodgers came back and blew the season

I honestly think they would've had a better chance with Hundley

>only won 3/8 with Hundley
>i-its a top 4 team guys

You're just moving the goalposts now. If Rodgers wanted to get paid more he easily could've and he can when his contract runs out.

Fuck those pentagram worshipping bitches

I think you’re a special person (;

>7-9 season

Average Packers season honestly. They were 8-7 year before last. Rodgers even had a 4-12 season.

He's not the hero you make him out to be.

Last super bowl appearance:
2018: Patriots, Eagles
2017: Falcons
2016: Broncos, Panthers
2015: Seahawks
2013: Ravens, 49ers
2012: Giants
2011: Steelers, Packers
2010: Colts, Saints
2009: Cardinals
2007: Bears
2003: Raiders, Buccaneers
2002: Rams
2000: Titans
1996: Cowboys
1995: Chargers
1994: Bills
1992: Redskins
1989: Bengals
1985: Dolphins
1977: Vikings
1970: Chiefs
1969: Jets
Never: Browns, Lions, Jaguars, Texans

Rodgers went 6-10 his first full year as a starter. Not 4-12.

>1996: Cowboys

soyboys btfo

anyone wanna talk draft or FA?
packers should pickup eifert. he could thrive in GB I think.
>completely detached from the owl, dont care who wins either way its gonna be fun shitposting here after

didn't the Old Browns make the owl?

You're completely missing the point. The team besides Rodgers is garbage because the Packers front office and coaching staff are garbage and can't acquire/groom talent. Bellicheck is undeniably the best coach in history, McCarthy is below average just in the league right now.

no

No. They were in the 1969 NFL Championship.

>The team around Rodgers is absolute garbage
>Jordy Nelson
>Clay Mathews
>Davante Adams
>Clinton-Dix

Your team is literally a bunch of All-Pros and Super Bowl veterans, and high level draft picks

Still have one of the best defensive cores in the league

Meanwhile the Patriots have an interchangeable cast of literally who's, half of whom are injured, and Brady still makes it work

Rodgers is mediocre, face it

Put a banana on it my nig
Development with Peters as a coach might make it possible

In 2013. Because they're the Ravens, and all of the Browns accomplishments belong to Baltimore now. The Browns today have literally nothing but 0-16

>Based Foles doesn't blink
BEWD
E
W
D

Has Foles beaten an actual good team this year that hasn't completely fallen apart like wet paper like the Vikes did though?

The rams :^)

That was all Wentz my dude