You may only post in this thread if your country has a chess player in the world top ten

You may only post in this thread if your country has a chess player in the world top ten.

How many Azerbaijanis are there on spee?

you can only start a thread on this board if Google isn't the greatest athlete ever in your sport

america has the greatest chess player in human history.

his name is donald j trump and he plays 4D chess.

get on his level, peasants.

>Nakamura
>american
doubt.jpg

>So
>Caruana
>Nakamura

None of these sound very American

One would be one too many.
Are you the one who gave Nakamura umlauts on every vowel and claimed he was Finnish?
This is not Sup Forums, Australia.
He is half Japanese, half American.

Caruana and So are not exactly Anglo-Saxon surnames either.

Caruana was born in Miami. So has no such excuse, he's a Filipino immigrant, but then again, USA is a nation of immigrants.

>portuguese people doing intelligent things
yeah, i don't think so

>Carlshit
Wei Yi is coming for him

Nakamura's dad is Japanese, his mom is American.
So is blood and bones Filipino, moved to USA at the age of 19..
Caruana has Italian parents but was born and raised in USA.

What about financing Catalonia's revolution with Neymar's transfer with ISIS money just to increase tourism in Portugal?

This is *exactly* what American names sound like. Diversity is our strength.

Any name can be American you literal retard

>Implying the Philippines are not rightful US territory

Carlsen is on an undefeated +4 in Tata Steel. Wei Yi is on -2 after a win and three losses. I will be very surprised if the Chinese youngster even manages a 50% score in the tournament. At the moment, there are maybe a dozen players who could be said to be "coming for Carlsen", and Wei Yi is not one of them.

There's at least one, he's a 17 year old XD-poster though

>Tata Steel
Meme tournament nobody cares about

Chess is for people who aren't clever enough to excel at checkers.

>Ron King is a Checkers great, known for his flamboyant playing style. In 1998, he set a new Guinness World Record by beating 385 opponents in Houston, Texas simultaneously. He is called as the Muhammad Ali of Checkers, for outrageous style and way of taunting opponents.

You're thinking of Tradewise

He's Italian American

>not a single brit in the top 10
pathetic

Oh look, I'm posting here.
Also

Didn't you guys have a high functioning autistic retard as a chess Grand Master that played in the 70s? Henrique Mecking?

I don't see a brit in the top 20 for that matter.

It's the most prestigious tournament in the world not part of the World Championship cycle, by far.
Henrique Mecking was the real deal. He could have been a contender for the World Championship, had he not been struck by illness in the years that should have been his prime.

god i hate carlsen, hope he will finally be exposed this year

Why do you hate him?