Ronaldo has more league assists that Iniesta in a shorter amount of time

>Ronaldo has more league assists that Iniesta in a shorter amount of time
So Ronaldo is actually an elite playmaker?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/_Moroncito_/status/941049984975364097/video/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fantastic post

yep, people forget he used to be a winger who had great assists.

also hes one of the best crossers ive ever seen

Does Ronaldo actually have more assists than Iniesta?

How does that work

According to Transfermarkt:
Ronaldo: 93 assists in 280 games
Iniesta: 86 assists in 428 games

iniesta is the guy that passes to the assist man

Playmakers pull the strings of the entire team, orchestrate attacks, create space for teammates, keep possession and dictate the game's tempo. It's not just about assists which can range from passing the ball literally 2 meters away to a teammate (an average Ronaldo assist), to defense-breaking through balls all the way from the midfield to your 9 (average Iniesta/Messi assist).
The second-to-last pass in an attack is usually more difficult to pull of because it's done to break defensive lines, and that's what Iniesta does for Barcelona, and Ronaldo never participates in because he spends most of the game in the box.

>to defense-breaking through balls all the way from the midfield to your 9 (average Iniesta/Messi assist).
Why does Messi have 170 assists then?

iniesta gets more hockey assists

Because he's the GOAT you fucking idiot

because when it comes to attacking/playmaking, Messi is unironically one of the most complete players in history.

CR7 is the goat that's why he has more assists than a playmaker like inesta

Because he's the most versatile player of his time and does both kinds of these assists, the short passes when he's in the box and the through balls when he drops to the midfield. It's not a coincidence that he's the player who created the most chances in the past few years while also being the top scorer

Messi has more assists than Ronaldo, what is he then?

seething

873 > 843
and with 59k minutes vs 70k minutes played to top it all

now imagine ronaldo's stats had he started his carreer for Real madrid

Manchester United was a lot better than Real Madrid before Florentino stepped in and injected lots of money

>he's unironically a filthy Muslim
>in 2018

Messi: 402 games in La Liga, 368 goals
Ronaldo: 280 games in La Liga, 291 goals

Messi: 81 games for Arg, 34 goals(.41)
Ronaldo: 147 games for Por, 79 goals(.54)

Who's the GOAT again?

SAF's United was miles better than RM at the time, Felipe. That argument doesn't even work.

Yeah but how many hockey assists though

Messi: 873 goals and assists in official games
Ronaldo: 843 goals and assists in official games

kek, and Messi will still be playing when Ronaldo is retired

Madrid were shit from 2005-2010

doesnt matter, he would still score and assist more definetely. real madrid 2009-2011 was an awful team and he had great numbers for instance

Oh, well I guess you're right, so long as Messi wins a world cup. At the moment he could have 10,000 goals/assists more than Ronaldo, but without international success he can't be GOAT

Similar, if not worse. Mid-00s Halal was kind of a shitshow (according to their standards), and it’s not like Rolando was playing at some bottom-tier PL team before arriving to Spain. He was playing on Ferguson’s MU, for fucks sake.

>people actually believe this

If you're not going to include Messi's friendly numbers for Argentina then you shouldn't include them for Ronaldo too. And yes he does have friendly numbers just because Wikipedia is too lazy to differentiate them for Ronaldo doesn't mean they done exist

>Messi started playing in La Liga at the age of 17 and wasn't even a starter for several seasons vs Ronaldo who moved to La Liga in his absolute prime
nice logic
and Messi has 61 goals in 123 games for Argentina since you also counted the friendlies for Ronaldo

Cruyff has been one of the GOAT's indisputably for decades despite no international success

Go watch ice hockey

Are you guys dense? it was a shitshow WITHOUT him. 2005-2010 real madrid with a young cristiano ronaldo would win la liga several times.

"one of the GOATs" I rest my case

friendly reminder that 09-13 madrid was just mouyes parking the bus and hoping ronaldo would score 70 goals a season

He struggled to win jackshit until Modric, Bale, Di Maria, (and then Kroos and Casemiro) showed up

he still looses in goal ratio and overall internationally then. weird....

You’re the dense dumbass here, by assuming that he would have his large statpadding numbers from his very first season if he had played all his life in Madrid. I thought Brazilians were supposed to know about football.

average ranking Ronaldo scores against: 51th

average rankign Messi ascores against: 17th

someone calculated it once, google it

I think we can accept that Messi is an international flop and will never be considered the GOAT. Maybe he'll be rememebered as "great player" but never "greatest". I rest my case

YES!

wow, 1 title in the time Barcelona won how many? 10?

>looses
david li pong, the quintessential canadian

Are YOU dense? your argument was that he'd have better stats if he played for RM in that period, how would playing in a much worse team than the one he already was at make things better for him?

>Ozil (lead the league in assists)
>Di Maria
>Alonso

The World Cup is 6 months away and Messi is still playing as great as ever

Assists are not a measure of playmaking. Most of Penaldo's assists are easy passes to wide open teammates on the counter.

ROnaldo is just a beast and totally legit, Messi is some queer autist that can't win anything. I rest my case

Beucase 1. he would make that team much better
2. its la liga

how can you not see this coming, mohammed?

>leaf thread
I was waiting for one to post this.

wait a minute, ronaldo can pass the ball?!? wtf why did he stop doing it lately?

La Liga is not magically easier to score goals/assists in idiot

>a 0.03 difference in goal ratio means he "looses"
nice logic

and let's not forget that all his 79 goals came against Armenia, Estonia, Latvia, Andorra...etc while Messi plays against much superior national teams on the regular. Even the worst ranked teams in south america are ranked higher than most teams Ronaldo played against last year in the qualifiers (and got 15 goals against)

I'm in fucking tears

>the leaf is here to shit up the thread again
this is my cue to go to sleep

>playing in a shitty team and making it good
>playing in an already strong team and making it even better
hmm, I wonder which case a player would thrive more in (in terms of stats)

EPlel's defenses are just as bad as LaLiga, don't be stupid

If you could combine iniesta and messy you basically get Penaldo

you mean substract

good night!

Are those assist actually just those miss that his team mates scrapped?

>muh numbers

Messi has the most goals against Real, atleti, sevilla, valencia, and bilbao, additionally also has the most UCL goals against EPL teams.

Ronaldo can't score against Real to begin with, that's a broken stat

yes we all know he can't score against real sociedad aahahahha

what the FUCK are you so MAD about? ronnie fuck your wife again? lmao

he's not mad, relax. the state of leaf damage control for halal

put your name back on. your wife is not safe

Iniesta is probably the greatest midfielder of this generation, maybe one of the greatest ever. Actually, to me he's even better than >Zidane. Assists may or may not indicate one's playmaking ability, it's not an empty stat but it can be deceiving if you don't watch the player regularly. Tsunaldo is not a playmaker. Messi is a playmaker but there are two reasons he has so many assists: he plays a lot closer to the box (meaning the chance of his pass being the last before the shot is much higher) and he attempts far more through balls than Iniesta. Through balls if successful normally result in great scoring opportunities, but because they're so risky and end up just as giving the ball away to the opposition Iniesta isn't fond of them.

Ozil probably has more assists than Iniesta too because just like Messi he's very good at through balls, but as a playmaker, that is, someone who facilitates and creates opportunities for his team mates to exploit, Iniesta is still better.

What's more likely, a bunch of autists on sp shit talking TSUU all year long are right, or the stats are right?

>Iniesta is probably the greatest midfielder of this generation, maybe one of the greatest ever

Then why does he have less assists than Ronaldo
t. ronaldocucks

lmao

>"Oh, the American? Yes, bring his wife in"

Actually saying this

Who's more complete?

Suarez shits on Iniesta when it comes to assist stats

By Ronaldo dickriders standards he's far better playmaker than Iniesta

Ronaldo was always an elite playmaker
It's just Benzema/Bale is shit so he usually just scores it himself

ITT: muh stats

According to stats, Inzaghi is a better player then Ronaldinho for example,

There was a goal record that Ronaldo broke a few months ago that had a literal who from england as the previous holder

This is why assists are a useless statistic. A guy like Iniesta will dribble past 2 players and play a defence splitting through ball to the winger, who will then do a simple 5 yard lay-off to the striker for a tap-in, and the winger will get the credit for creating the goal.

It's not useless though, because people can provide amazing assists as well. Just like sometimes people can score tap ins and other times they'll score amazing solo goals. You just need to consume the information as well as watching the games

All you need

but ronaldo spent the first half of his career playing a winger in man utd you chode

Messi played as a winger too you fucking moron; he's never played a traditional striker role for a full season

Ronnie for example. Better at defending and heading.

Messi never played as a traditional winger though. He's been deployed in the right wing despite being left footed all his life

>Better at defending
Arguable
>Heading
Yes, but he doesn't have a lot of the things Messi has. We're talking about the most complete; you can't tick all the boxes. Make Messi taller and he's better at heading but without his low center of gravity his dribbling/ball control get worse

Ronaldo played on the opposite wing with a right foot

traditional wingers are almost extinct, get with the times la

>he unironically uses the 'but x played as a winger' argument

It's not the 90s anymore people.

Wingers' job isn't to just cross the ball or to go their past man and pull it back to arriving CM for a long-range screamer.

Wing-backs are doing those things now.

Wingers, especially those with decent shooting ability, get into the box and score on a regular basis, using the fact that pretty much all CFs try to drag the defenders to carve space for teammates.

Piss off mate, I know Ronaldo's a good player, the surprise is that he has more assists than Iniesta, who's absolutely fantastic in his own right

ronaldo: mozart
messhit: salieri

who the fuck is Redondo?

messi never had any defensive duties in pakilona or argentina, meanwhile ronnie had to track all the way back under ferguson and mourinho.

iniesta has never been big in assists, he got like 5 one season, he's not an ozil

Messi doesn't track back because he already starts deeper than Ronaldo ever steps in a game

>98 dribbling

lmao clueless mong barcelona's 2 goals yesterday came from messi's defensive work

how man were teammates picking up the scraps of a failed shot

>yesterday
>s-see?