So do pre-Super Bowl championships count for anything? I get if you want to cut out the pre-WW2 ones...

So do pre-Super Bowl championships count for anything? I get if you want to cut out the pre-WW2 ones, since the game was usually something like semi-pro then, but it seems like the 50s and 60s ones should be worth something.

>do pre-Super Bowl championships count for anything?
no

Why? Pre-Merger NBA titles count, and the NHL still counts titles from when the league was only 6 Teams.

I'm not like a Browns fan or anything; I just seriously don't get why NFL Teams only start counting rings in the 70s when the league dates back to the 20s. They're the only sport that does anything like that.

Because an NFL championship does not equal a Superbowl. Superbowls are a representation of two leagues merging. According to you should we count the AFL Champions?

because after the merger the AFC won 7 of the first 10 superb owls. which means the post merger NFL is a more competitive league.

This still doesn't answer why celticsfag get to brag about their rings in ann8 team NBA in the 50-60s

>So do pre-Super Bowl championships count for anything?
NO.

>AFL
Garbage tier.

Damn only eight team NBA?

Fewer teams and no restrictions

Basically they are worthless

Honestly anything before the 2000 salary cap and drug enforcement era should be seen as worthless

Patriots are the only dynasty

You fucking mongoloid the Colts and the Steelers were NFL teams that went to the AFC after the merger to make numbers even. They never played in the AFL.

Who's talking about AFL?

Until like the mid-late 60s

Football was invented in 1992

because like the yankees and bruins they're desperate

Because people don't like history if their team doesn't have any.

It happens in other sports
>Premier League only counts since 1992 (only changed the name)
>Champions League only counts since 1992 (only changed the name)

Weren't they not allowed to pass back then

>weren't they not allowed to pass back then
>were not they not allowed to pass back then

>amerishart education

>World Cup only counts since 1974 (changed the trophy)

Daily reminder that in the Summer of 1966, the greatest RB of all time was filming 'The Dirty Dozen' in Europe when Art Modell told him to prepare for camp. Jim Brown told the owner that he would be there in a couple weeks once filming was done. Modell told him to drop everything and get his ass to Cleveland. Brown retired. He was 29 and coming off his best season.

The Browns have sucked ever since.

Aren't you's're okay

>Art Modell
Theres the problem i see

Weren't the Olympics considered more prestigious than the world cup for a while?