Why is he so under appreciated?

I won't pretend like I watch NBA everyday and act like I know what talking about, but it seems like Westbrook gets either a triple double, or knocks up 40 points every game. Yet, all people talk about is either Curry or LeBron. What is he doing wrong?

Mailman syndrome, perhaps

I don't watch NBA, either

because he's statpading without any concern for his teammates or any concern for making making them better

I think that's his attitude
If we look at other players who played with the same energy , they are beloved

But outside of playing hard , he don't have an identity

curry is cocky
Metta world Peace/rodman were crazy
Harden does celebration
Durant is know as the snake
Embiid is twitter

what is Westbrok , what word come in your mind when you think about him ?
Personnally I'm seeing nothing , identity wise he is on the ame level as klay

btw just find out that when I think about lebron there is nothing that come in my mind

When I think about Kawhi , i think about an autistic person

>He has no identity
You haven't been watching NBA basketball long enough. He's an old-school style personality. He's a throwback to the days where the bad-boy Pistons, Magic Johnson's Showtime Lakers, Larry Bird's dynastic Celtics, and young god Michael Jordan was running around the league. He's the type of guy where if you aren't on his team, he's gonna come for that throaty meat. Come hell or high water, if his guys ain't getting it done, he's turning on the switch (for better or worse).

Lebron has a switch that he saves for the postseason. Westbrook would hit that switch in the middle of a regular season game. And if it's fourth quarter and he's got the spacing around him, you're going to catch hell from what he does. That's old school, that's the type of player who would play with broken noses, bleeding arms, and dents in his skull (like his orbital fracture vs Phoenix in 2015). He's a player that's gonna give you what you pay for from a fan's perspective. And he doesn't like to sit out games, ask him in 2010 and 2011 if he likes to sit out games (he missed no games in those seasons).

He reminds many vets of those days of basketball and would often gain their approval. As Ernie Johnson said in an interview:

"This is the second time we've seen this, and the way he does it, I'd pay to see this guy. We kinda lose sight of that and call the PR guy and say 'We'd like to see Russell Westbrook tonight. Okay what time can you be there and your pass will be right here.' I'd pay to see that guy."

Westbrook is the throwback athlete. And if you forgot, Westbrook is also the pregame runway model.

statpadding and also triple doubles dont mean everything

he doesn't play defense and will sit on the wings if he doesn't have the ball

He is playing on the wrong era. If he played back in the 00's he would be >over

Russell Westgod has never, and never will, statpad. This meme needs to end. The OKC are at their best when Rus gets the defensive rebound, at the behest of lockdown D from guys like PG13 and Roberson, and goes a buck ten in transition for the strong finish. In the event of him not finishing at the other end, his man Adams will be there for the boxout and the offensive rebound for the putback. If you can't get behind this idea, then the only person finishing will be your wife's bull inside of her.

>all these Westshit defenders ITT
There's a reason he will NEVER win a ring.

>Sup Forums suddenly loves Westbrick
for the past few years all i've read here were Anons shitting on him. what happened?

Westbrook is the reason I support the Thunder.

He is a basketballing God but because he doesn't meme no-one cares.

>why is the fourth-best player on an above-average but not great team not given more love?

>fourth
more like 6th

>triple double
Westbrook is the only athlete in history to win an MVP because of the decimal system

This. Both Harden and Kawhi deserved the MVP more.

he's the reigning MVP so by definition he's not under appreciated - how fucking stupid are you?
want a knock against him?
westBRICK this year fg% .444, 3pt% .308
league average this year fg% .460, 3pt% .362

dis

also dis

Not winning his division.
Seriously.

He's gonna be remembered as the Barkley of this era. Pretty good, with only fans possessing an understanding of the sport appreciating him; fairweather and casual fans remaining ignorant of his accomplishments.

you are a faggot

He had a whole season where people sucked his dick. This season he's slightly worse and now people take him for granted.

>what is Westbrok , what word come in your mind when you think about him ?
"fashion"

if anything, Westbrook is vastly overrated because of shit like this

how about kawhi? unlike Westbrook with his '' don't care about interviews'' mentality, kawhi is nothing yet still beloved for being it

shut the fuck up, you know you're an OKC fan. everyone else knows he's a stat padding garbage man

I think it’s cuz he lacks the ring, but Beastbrook is the best. People thought he would rarely post a 3D after they got PG n Melo, yet he is basically still averaging one for the season.
On a side note, OKC in the playoffs will be interesting. Just because PG13 didn’t get included doesn’t mean he’s not good. Same concept applies with Russ

>why does no one talk about a statpadding loser as opposed to champions