Well, Sup Forums

well, Sup Forums

which one truly is better definitively, all things considered

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0qdDG6Mlugg
pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career_playoffs.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=POWaaHKXRlw
espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/year/0/seasontype/3/type/alltime-game
fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-most-clutch-postseason-quarterback-of-all-time-is-eli-manning/
nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#yards
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the one that has tangible things to objectively show he is the best.

aaron grodger is homosexual so i just cant support him ,tom bradyl is like the perfect man nobody cant compite with him ,he is the greatest inside and outside the field

It's not possible to answer these questions definitively. Too many other factors play into it.

I respect Tom Brady for not appearing in a ton of TV commercials.

I respect Aaron Rodgers for being his own man and disowning his parents and brother. He would probably be posting on r9k if he wasn't in the NFL.

>shiny shiny
>homecoming king

>He would probably be posting on r9k if he wasn't in the NFL.
It's not like posting on Sup Forums is time consuming, just do both.

Packersfag here, as much as I like Rodgers you have to pick Brady over him. Rodgers is probably the best passer and thrower of the football but Brady has the titles, leadership, knowledge, and consistency. Both are first ballot hall of famers and we are bless to watch them both play right now.

They have pretty equal stats since Rodgers became a starter, so edge has to go to Brady with his playoff success.

Eh, Brady has belichick and has (generally) had a competent defense- large reason he has so many titles. Brady is obviously incredible but I think if Rodgers were there instead he'd have the same, if not more, titles than Brady.

t. fake ass patsfag masquerading as packfag

rodgers is the better quarterback period

it's not his fault his coach is an idiot, his GM is incompetent and they had 90 year old dom capers as their defensive coordinator

it's still a team sport, and brady has always had the better team

>About the same regular season stats, give or take
>Post season Tom Brady is miles and miles above him, despite them both having a 70% chance to make the playoffs every year (9/13 in Rodgers career), (14/18 in Bradys career).
>Aaron Rodgers: 9-7 in post season, only 1 ring
>Tom Brady: 27-9 in post season, 5 rings possibly 6 this year

Aaron Rodgers might have slightly better regular season stats but Tom Brady is the ultimate closer and clutch player in playoff games

Also given the fact that the Packers were an elite franchise before Rodgers, going to the playoffs almost every single year under Favre, and before Favre

Brady took that a nothing franchise and still excelled, you can thank Bill all you want but even Bill was mediocre before Tom Brady came, and I honestly believe Belichick's system is 85% Brady at it's core, so the argument of swapping in Rodgers and winning the same amount of rings is ridiculous

>Aaron Rodgers is a first ballot hall of famer

If Terrell Owens wasn't good enough to make it into the Hall of Fame, why would you assume Rodgers is going to make it? His one Super Bowl win? Do you think Kurt Warner and Joe Flacco are first ballot hall of famers?

Dude I'm saying that even Drew Brees could have the same amount of Superbowl titles as Brady if he was on the patriots instead. Just to prove how retarded you are you say belicheat's system is 85% Brady. Defense makes up at least 50% of the game and I think you could argue even more. The water in Massachusetts must have a massive amount of fluoride in it for you guys to say the shit you do

Rodgers. Anybody who witnessed that playoff push to superbowl xlv knows.

>implying the team isn't inspired by Brady
Literally every player says Brady motivates them to work harder

>the same, if not more titles than Brady

I doubt it for the simple fact that New England works as a plug-and-play system that alternates players and relies on Brady being able to "flood zones" by throwing lofty, catchable passes to anyone who is open on the field. Their runningbacks double as receiving backs, their linemen are taught to watch for Brady's looks in case they need to receive a pass, it's really quite an interesting system.

It's also the reason everyone NE can play all of it's players lower salaries because anyone is expendable at any time, this balances the system and gives them a deeper roster of players to cycle through when needed. (They have 5 runningbacks at this moment that specialize in different things, most teams have 1 elite runningback and 1 spare). It's the reason Gronk can get injured, or miss the Super Bowl, and they are still in good position because of their depth roster.

If you take Brady out of this equation it would fuck everything up.

I'm sure Aaron Rodgers could succeed somewhat with Belichick but he hasn't proven he can succeed without an elite receiver like a Jordy Nelson, and he has not proven he can succeed to the same extent in the post season.

Now Drew Brees has a better chance I think, but it completely relies on the quarterback's ability to make catchable passes to anyone on the team at any given time, and I don't think Rodgers with his wild throwing dragons can do that

Are you autistic? Serious question.

Ehhhh without Edelman, amendola or gronk he isn't nearly the same so I would argue that he needs elite players to win games too. Like the offense wasn't too hot against the jags until the jags went full retard and started playing soft. Plus Rogers has proven he can make do with what he has- Cobb, Adams, etc when Jordy is injured. But I will concede that Cobb and particularly Adams are solid wide receivers.
I thought your point about the offense they run was interesting, you don't think Rogers could have been groomed into playing with that sort of offense?

i agree, but i'd add brady is incredibly clutch in almost all situations

That's sort of what I think. When Rodgers appeared everyone was sucking his dick, and even now everyone sort of is because he has done all of those...things; what things exactly?

Casual as fuck so please enlight me.

people underestimate brady's role in the system, it almost exclusively relies on his ability to read defenses and pass to anyone on the field at any given moment

rodgers can't do this. brees can't do this. roethlisberger can't do this. they rely on elite talent to bolster their abilities. brady's presence lets them plug and play any no-name player into greatness, freeing up cap space to bolster the defense with players like stephon gilmore who have $65 million dollar contracts.

Wild throwing dragons? C'mon man please tell me you've actually watched Rogers play and not just his hail mary highlight reel. Dude is accurate as fuck and that's the main reason he's so dangerous.

>edelman and amendola are elite

clutch? yes. elite? no.

put rodgers with bb and they win the owl every season

warner yes, not flacco

Of course Warner

Reggie Bush said it best

"Bill Belichick can take Matt Cassel to the playoffs. He can take you to the playoffs. But Brady takes you from there. He is the ultimate finisher."

"You could take Aaron Rodgers there. He's there every year. But he doesn't finish, not like Brady. No one does."

youtube.com/watch?v=0qdDG6Mlugg

anyone can speculate.
> put manziel on the Packers and he'll 3peat the owl
prove me wrong

> this again
2 seasonal later Cassel went 10-5 with ka sas. please stop blindly repeating tard poo. do some fucking research

>wasn't good enough
Everyone just hates T.O. it's politics
>Kurt Warner
>Joe Flacco
Do either of them have the all time highest td-int ratio, all time highest passer rating and the highest pass rating for a single season?

sounds like a stat padder, just like P. Manning.

Peyton manning was just a fraud. Aaron Rodgers is also one of the most clutch performers ever. Please tell me how throwing 4 and a half TDs per interception every year of your career is statpadding

>couldn't beat out a shitty baseball player for the starting job in college
>couldn't even get a D1 scholarship
They both suck

I realize everyone is still eager for somebody to challenge Tom Brady, and for awhile it looked like Aaron Rodgers would become that dude, but he didn't, and that ship is sailing away

Rodgers said "just wait for me" this season and he promised everyone he'd pull off a miracle when he got back, so Brett Hundley won something like 4 straight games to get them to the wild card

Then Rodgers came back, threw 3 picks against the Panthers, and blew the season. Just like he blew it last year against the Falcons, the same Falcons that Brady torched in the greatest Super Bowl comeback of all time

It is time to find another golden boy to challenge Brady, maybe Foles can do it, but Rodgers is pretty much done as the great white hope

>Aaron Rodgers is also one of the most clutch performers ever.

not when it counts. he's not even a top 10 qb in postseason performance. brady's score has gone up since this was made btw

what people forget as well is long-term endurance and consistency. brady has it. rodgers does not.

a single impressive year is "expected" when you pay a first round draft pick millions of dollars for over 10 years. rodgers did what was expected of him, big deal.

no one will ever compare to the greatness of brady and what he has accomplished given his station as a 6th rounder.

>a-a-ron is legit dangerous

if he's so clutch how come he gets his ass beat in the playoffs every single year, if he had his godlike ability you cheeseheads hype him with why can't he get it done in the post season? This gen's Peyton, but at least Peyton could beat Brady every once in a while

pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career_playoffs.htm

Here's your (you)
Also, Hundley won 4 straight games? Really? history says otherwise. I don't think he even won 4 TOTAL games the entire season

Amendola and Edelman were fucking garbage when Bill picked them up, same with Chris Hogan who made some stellar plays in the last Owl

fpbp

is mentored slang for top or bottom?

The nonexistent defense and terrible coaching is the main reason he hasn't won more owls. There's the simple reason.

Rodgers has not done anything, but he has a high passer rating so everyone sucks his dick.

He chokes every year in the playoffs and everybody seems to ignore this for some reason.

Yeah, the coaching in New England is phenomenal. We all know this, you're proving my point.

t. this generation's Peyton

Russel Wilson has the 2nd highest passer rating. Lol. It does not mean jack shit.

>Wilson losing a precision contest to Jared Goff, Alex Smith and Derek Carr
youtube.com/watch?v=POWaaHKXRlw

So because Rodgers selfishly throws more touchdowns than passing the ball off, he's better? No, if you win games you are better. Period.

Foles did have a perfect passer rating, and threw a record 7 TD's in a single game.

What has Rodgers done lately?

>Scoring points for your team is selfish
Jesus Christ, grasping at straws THIS hard

>pass rating meaning anything

So Matt Ryan, Drew Brees and Alex Smith are better than Aaron Rodgers. Makes sense, they were all in the playoffs this year while Rodgers was at home pissing in a cup.

>You win games you are better
Last time I checked Brady didn't play defense

QB is more important than any other position in the game by a long shot; don't try and argue it isnt. There's a good reason why wins are attributed to QBs

Rodgers is the most overrated hack in the league period. He is nowhere near Tom Brady in any category aside from pointlessly throwing the ball all season just to choke in the playoffs.

And the Patriots have still won with a historically low defense every single year. They had the 29th ranked defense this year and Brady still led them to another Super Bowl.

You're proving my point.

Ryan and Brees have the dome babby bonus and Smith doesn't have enough playoff starts to qualify.

terrible post..

rodgers has a higher postseason completion percentage than brady.
higher yards and adjusted yards per attempt than brady
a far superior post season td to interception ratio compared to brady
higher postseason passer rating
more rushing td per playoff game than brady

he shows up multiple times on this list:
espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/year/0/seasontype/3/type/alltime-game

There's also this to consider:
fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-most-clutch-postseason-quarterback-of-all-time-is-eli-manning/

your assertion isn't backed objectively.

If Tom Brady got to stat pad in the wild card round his numbers would be better too.

That's because your division has been total trash. Everyone is making the mistake by thinking the eagles are the underdogs in the Superbowl. The patriots are and it will prove what I'm saying- you need a defense to win if you're playing a competent team

woah, what? listen to yourself. rehashing 10 year old arguments already shown to be irrelevant. You have nothing to back yourself up, do you? There's a shit load of data you could pull, and you did none of it. you are literally just repeating what other know-nothings have said for years.

How is their division being trash tanking their defensive ranking? shouldn't that be PADDING their defensive ranking?

>29th

wat

He gets to stat pad in the divisional round against some garbage AFC South team every year.

There are quarterbacks with more athletic ability than Brady. No shit. He was pick 199 in the 6th round. But he has the intangibles, leadership, ability to make good decisions, ability to stay cool under pressure, ability to read defenses, precision, ability to pass to anyone on the field, and hes clutch.

Aaron Rodgers can throw the ball well and it makes a pretty spiral, weeeeee.

Being the best at just 1 thing and sucking in every other category does not mean shit. Same reason Michael Vick didn't win any rings, but boy could he run the ball! Nobody cares aside from if you are playing Madden. He won't be in the hall of fame either.

>Division has been trash
>Bills, Jets, Dolphins were all on the cusp of getting a wild card slot, while every other division collapsed

Still proving my point. Any more excuses? Do you want to talk about balls now?

Vick had a fucking cannon for an arm and after his scandal developed an appreciation for the game more and tried to become a better pocket passer... Nigger.

He's also only played in like a dozen playoff games, because he sucks.

>Rodgers: 9-7
>Brady: 27-9

It's easy to have inflated stats when you've only played a dozen games.

well, i dont know about you fags, but
nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#yards
im looking at these, and holy shit most of them do not matter at all

> Brady #1 in yards. Also attemps. what does it mean?
> #1 in TDs didn't even make playoffs
like...none of this predicts shit.

Lol didn't know you were lying. Guess I don't have to reply to your argument now huh bub :^)

rodgers post season win percentage: 52%
brady post season win percentage: 75%

id still rather have brady on my team over rodgers in any year.

this bait doesn't taste good

Yes Mike Vick was a winless nigger.

excellent retort with zero added information to your already zero added info. Answer my point about shit division helping patriots have a shit defense. makes zero fucking sense.

Those are not good teams, you're lying if you tell me deep down you think they were good teams.

Well you were straight up lying about your team's defense. So you didn't really have any information either and your arguments were invalid. Sorry man, try harder

Anybody else sick of all the excuses made for Aaron Rodgers?

Even Cowboys and Raiders fans admit their quarterbacks weren't as good as they thought they were, and those are the two least humble most atrocious fanbases I can think of, and they literally just voted Derek Carr into the Pro Bowl for a third consecutive season and he's absolute trash

Brady if better, but Closeted Homo is more talented, if that make any sense

> AFC North has Browns and cincy
> AFC south hasHouston and Indy
> AFC West has Denver and Oakland

> NFC East has NYG
> NFC North has Chicago, and GB sucked this year
> NFC South has TB
> NFC West had SF

Bills were better than average this year. Basicaly if a power house team like Pats weren't in the division, each team would have more wins. Quit rehashing this retarded argument. you literally have pulled no data from this season.

5 > 1

soon to be

6 > 1

You must have me confused with someone else. Which fact are you disagreeing with? you can't even say that to prove your own point
> hurr duyy you're lying
jesus dude. bring ANYTHING to the table.

It started as 29th, but they made some adjustments, I didn't realize it had risen that high

Talent and skill = Rodgers

Awards, titles and cheating = Brady

Not historically but they were good this year.

I saw the Bills in the playoffs, I didn't see the Broncos, Raiders, 49ers or Cowboys.

it doesn't make any sense... it's 2018, he shouldn't have to stay in the closet

SEETHING
E
E
T
H
I
N
G

> literally posts wwe inspired weebm
Clearly only watching nfl for the mandrama

it could have been rodgers........................ but he blew it

nope, just trying to have any kind of high level discourse, which you cannot provide. makes me wonder why you are on a sports board anyways. you dont know anything. Just repeating old shit verbatim without thinking about what it means.

Aaron rodger dated harry styles for like 4 years i man harry fucking styles !! hes def the goat

Sucking dick and throwing pretty spirals because you'll never win in the playoffs and you need a reason to justify your existence on the team so you can keep your job, and keep getting paid millions which you spend entire on male hookers to rail you, but inevitably always being second to Brett Favre's greatness, Rodgers for sure.

Being the greatest quarterback of all time and all-time clutch performer up there with Muhammed Ali and Michael Jordan, Brady.

Bobby from boston needs to go.

Reminder that Rodgers choked on a million dicks in the 2014 NFCCG and he probably enjoyed it too.

The Patriots are 13-9 when Brady's passer rating is below 100 and 14-0 when it's above 100.
The Packers are 3-6 when Aaron's passer rating is below 100 and 7-0 when it's above 100.

The only difference is that the Patriots can win when Brady chokes and the Packers can't when Aaron chokes.

I'd love to see tom Brady by himself with no help and a shit coach do what he does. Oh wait that will never ever happen. So obviously Brady is better/thread. Football fans and new England fans are wojack incarnate.

>It's not like posting on Sup Forums is time consuming,

>High level discourse
>Mongolian stamp collecting website
Well there's your first mistake. Wew lad.

You still somehow do not grasp the fact that passer rating literally means nothing, and the ability to make clutch plays that win games means everything.

Brady has it. Rodgers doesn't.