Can someone explain to me why they would think Curry is better than Harden or Westbrook?

And please describe it without using "muh rings". Anyone could get a ring with how stacked Golden State is.

If you put Curry on either OKC or HOU, they'd be a lot worse. Curry plays NO defense and his whole gimmick is launching a bunch of 3s and getting foul calls.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fZ8yCJgsF_4
youtube.com/watch?v=jhP6TsgeMOY
youtube.com/watch?v=llGbnY-a5DU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>plays NO defense and his whole gimmick is launching a bunch of 3s and getting foul calls.
Literally just described James harden
Also curry doesn’t choke

>Also curry doesn’t choke

Oh so Harden or Westbrook choked a 3-1 lead in the NBA finals? What year did that happen? Harden and Westbrook have NEVER choked that hard before

maybe its because hes a unanimous mvp, who changed the game and went 73-9 once

idk man..

All three choked monumentally the last 2 years

Westbrook choked a 3-1 lead against Curry in the conference finals.
And lmao at you thinking it's better to lose before the finals than it is to lose in them.

>changed the game

So 3 pointers were never shot before Curry? I guess Ray Allen or Reggie Miller never existed. And the whole "unanimous MVP" thing was all media hype.

Me personally, if I was guarding Curry, I'd keep targetting his weak ankles and try to injure him. Harden NOR Westbrook have that kind of injury history nor do they have those kinds of achilles heels

None of them play defense you brainlet.

They are all below average unless you consider gambling hard for steals good defense.

Curry has by far the worst defense out of the 3, you major idiot

>hurr 3-1 lead choked
This argument only comes from people who just want to shitpost and don't really care for the answers.
All you want are (You)s.
But if you really want an answer, I'd say it's the gravity around him. Off the ball, hes running around the court and confusing the defense. He draws in 2 people and shoots with a quick release with a hand in his face.
>whole gimmick is launching a bunch of 3s and getting foul calls
You LITERALLY just described Harden. Curry never gets fouls. Harden is leading the league in 3s and is a known flopper/fouler.
>put Curry on OKC or HOU, they'd be a lot worse
Depends on the coaching and how they play him. But, he's still a 2x MVP and his ability to move without the ball while putting pressure on the offense makes him on of the greatest shooters and would compliment any team, ESPECIALLY Oklahoma and Houston.

He's easily the best out of those three you utter pleb

You're not arguing anything. You just don't like him so you refuse to see his positives. Do you even watch basketball? How new are you?
Shit thread.

Yeah, none of those two created a game style based on shooting three and left the whole NBA with their dicks in their hands.

Changing the game doesn't mean shooting 3s. It's the off-ball/ball movement that leads into 3s.
Fast break points in transition as well as transition defense as been a main emphasis in recent years.

But Curry literally lost a championship because he choked a 3-1 lead. You think the internet is ever going to forget that one?

What makes him WORSE than Westbrook or Harden is that he had to literally beg KD to come onto his team and take the scoring load off him, instead of willing to do it all by himself. He's lucky the Warriors drafted well, otherwise he'd be a Mike Miller type role player

KD arguably has more gravity than Curry and only a pleb would say otherwise

If we switch Curry with Westbrook in OKC, OKC would still be a top 4 team

> two defensive wings that can cover Curry's defensive deficiencies
CHECK
> Solid Rim Protector that can set godly screens
CHECK

For the scenario in houston, I think the Rockets get worse with the Harden-Curry switch, but not by a significant margin. I think Curry would flourish in mike d'antoni's offensive system.

He changed the game by shooting 30 footers off the dribble at high volume and high efficiency. His game completely destroys any opposing defense

>curry plays no defense
He plays defense though, he's not just very good at it. Average at best when it comes to defending.
>his whole gimmick is launching a bunch of 3s and getting foul calls
If you actually watch him play, you'll realize he's a pretty creative player.

I hate Curry and wished he'd get a career ending injury but he's good. He'd probably win the 2016 NBA finals with OKC if you replace Westbrook with Curry

The fact that Steph tries on defense makes him better than Harden and Westbrook alone

>3-1 lead
Are we talking about Curry or a team? Because those are 2 different things. No one ever talks about Lebron losing 5 finals, but he's still a great player, no?
>ad hominem
Curry is hands down a better player than Westbrook and Harden because of his ability to play basketball not because KD joined his team??? Are you fuckin serious?
This is like saying "Tiger Woods is a shit golfer because of his scandal"

You literally can't argue for shit. You're exactly like the 12 year olds I see on instagram comments.

>KD has more gravity than Curry
I thought we were comparing Curry with Harden and Westbrook? You're actually retarded, huh.

Question: why do internationals like Curry/Warriors more than Americans do? Most Blacks like Harden and Westbrook WAY MORE

Curry dissappeared in games 5,6 and 7. He's the reason why the Warriors lost.

There is no doubt in my mind that if Harden or Wesbrook had as stacked as a team as the Warriors, they wouldn't have blown that lead. Westbrook and Harden do more than shoot - they pass, they defend, they drive to the hole, they dunk, and they generally make others around them better.

>Most blacks like Harden
Both blacks and internationals hate Harden's play style. whachu smokin?

>I have never watched a full game of basketball before: the post

Because Warriors play a very collective basketball, which is the kind of basketball most people outside the USA like. Same reason why Spurs are/were popular too.

American people tend to prefer heroball basketball, which is why the prefer OKC or Kobe's Lakers

Unlike black americans we're not biased against light skinned blacks.

It's effective. That's why Harden is going to win MVP this year despite not having a stacked GSW style team like Curry had his whole career.

>they pass
Which team leads the league in assists?
>they drive to the whole
That literally doesn't make them any better. Points are points and Curry is still averaging more than Westbrook, and 5 points less than Harden on 3 less shots attempted.
>they dunk
See above
>generally make others around them better
Have you seen Westbrook last season?
Also, this is literally what Curry is known for.
Im convinced you've never watched basketball before

>they defend
No they do not. Both Harden and Westbrook blow on offball defense. Stop forcing this meme
> They drive to the hole. They Dunk
That doesn't make Curry any less effective if he drives less. This season however, he is averaging a career high in FT attempts so there you go.
>Makes others around them better
Nigga wtf. Have you seen how his teammates True Shooting % shoot up when is on the floor

He fucked up one final series but let's not act like that is the highlight of his career. Lebron fucked up the 2011 finals hard and he redeemed himself.

>Which team leads the league in assists?

The team that has Draymond Green averaging the most assists instead of the point guard.

The fact that the PG doesn't have the most assists, but a PF, says all you need to know about Curry. He's a low effiency chucker who harms his team when it comes to clutch time (see 2016 NBA Finals where the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead)

Tell me what kind of defense Curry was playing on Kyrie when this shot went off:
youtube.com/watch?v=fZ8yCJgsF_4

I think it's because most basketball fans outside of america don't think the 3 pointers are ruining the game. Also, the warriors have been stacked for a while and that creates fans even if they're not very loyal, just look at Barcelona or Real Madrid for example.

I think he will probably win MVP this year but no one I know has ever "supported" Harden's playstyle.

westbrick literally choked a 3-1 lead to curry the same year curry lost to lebron you fucking idiot

Westbrook only has more assists because of OKCs isolation offense.
>be primary ball handler
>pass ball to PG or Melo, great iso players
>get an assist
GSW assists don't take into account all the passes that lead into 1 assist. Their offense doesn't roll like that.
You don't watch basketball. Stop arguing

You're basing all your ""arguments"" on a 2 week time span. Nice sample size.
Westbrook is a known ball hog, stat padder, and chucker.

I didn't show shitty officiating and KD throwing the series is a choke, but sure, whatever makes you feel better. Curry should thank Klay Thompson for going off in game 6.

You mean that two week span where Curry, as unanimous MVP, vanished? You mean that two week period where the Cavs blew out the Warriors in a mostly uncompetitive series because Steph didn't show up? That finals is 1/3 of Steph's finals appearances. People have been defined by less in their careers, but that's literally 33% of his finals appearances.

And GSW only has so many assists because they have a lot of accurate chuckers. What's the problem? Same shit

>please describe it without using "muh rings"

I'm sure Kyrie pushing Curry's shit in was bait too.

>And GSW only has so many assists because they have a lot of accurate chuckers. What's the problem? Same shit
Do you even know what your argument was? Your argument was Westbrooks assists. Now you're talking about GSW as a whole.
Isolation = more assists for westbrook
ball movement = less assists for individual players because everyone is touching it.
You're fucking retarded.

Lebron lost 5 finals and vanished in 1. Is he still good?
Harden and Westbrook lost in their finals appearance.
What's your point.

Do you even WATCH Thunder or Rockets games? They all have some sort ball movement and flow to them. Rockets games because of Harden literally has 48 minutes of HoF PG play.

Warriors games apparently have the PG be a 3 point chucker. Westbrook and Harden set the tone for the offense and initiate it, like what a PG is supposed to do. Curry doesn't do that.

LeBron never played on a stacked ass team like the Warriors. His 2011 Heat team literally only won one more game than the 2011 Mavericks.

Coaches and ex-nba players like Shaq and Kobe can all agree that Steph is a better shooter and is more impactful on the court than Harden and Westbrook. It's not even a question; there's no doubt.
Why is this a thread? Someone delete it.

Wrong

All coaches have said about Curry is that he has gravity. They never a direct comparison to Harden or Westbrook, who never had anything as stacked as the Warriors.

It don't matter though - Morey and Presti are so much better as GM's than whoever the fuck the Warriors GM is.

curry's off-ball movements are much better, he actually does try on defense, he breaks the opponents' defense the second he starts dribbling on the half, not to mention he has a much smaller history of choking than those two fucks

He's so good that he has all those finals MVPs to show for it. LOL

the way assists are counted in NBA is complete bullshit way too often anyway

just look at this vid starting 9:20

youtube.com/watch?v=jhP6TsgeMOY

so many """""""""""""""""""""""assists """"""""""""""""""""""" counted as such for the sole purpose of inflating the stats and glorifying the star, it's mind-blowing

but he has 2 rings, with at least one more to follow, meanwhile harden and westbrick will retire ringless or will get one as rotation veterans when theyre 38

>not having a finals mvp demerits you from being a great player
Not an argument. Where's Hardens and Westbrooks?
How about other great players like AI or Barkley?

Well, the Rockets and Thunder have raped the Warriors this year now that they all have super teams....so...yeah.

Now that the playing field has been leveled, the true Curry has come out. He's no different than Kyle Korver now.

>this year
This happens literally every year and Warriors still come out on top in the playoffs.
Holy shit you just outted yourself as a newfag. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Yeah, video made by Coach Nick. PASS. He knows SHIT about basketball.

you're an idiot 14 yr old.

60% of Curry's scoring literally comes from 3 pointers. That, by definition, is a one trick pony. All he does is shoot 3s and get foul calls.

>out on top
>except that 1 time when they got raped by the Cavs in 2016, or the Clippers in 2014, or the Spurs in 2013

Curry's a real team player, and his basketball IQ and shooting technique are off the charts. Harden and Westbrick hog the ball too much, they don't give a damn about the team.

Do you not have homework you should be doing so you can spend the weekend hanging out with your many friends?

>h-how dare he use his advantages to his favor!

But were talking about Houston and OKC

Harden shoots more 3s. Also, Curry's deep-2 is a fucking monster. He's a magician in the paint.
>complains that Harden and Westbrook drive more than curry
>complains that curry gets a lot of fouls
Harden draws more than him, though. Curry's fouls also come from him driving to the paint.
Are you 12? Are you not paying attention to anything said in this thread?

Yeah because Harden didn't CP3 to play with him, or Westbrook didn't get PG13 or Melo to play with him. Because they're ballhogs and not team players.

Get the fuck out of here.

Those players aren't GMs, though.
Fuck out of here. Dont you have school right now, little kid? Middle School kids should still be in class.

Is harden the best for the PnR ?

Its funny how you accuse me of being a little kid, when all the Warrior bandwagoners I see are literally little kids.

Little white kids like Curry because they feel they can chuck like he can without actually having to play the sport of basketball. If the 3P line didn't exist, Curry would be hella fucked.

Curry's efficiency is worlds better than the other two

why does anyone watch nba? really? i mean, you all know it's rigged, right?

Easy to accomplish when KD and Klay, two of the best shooters of all time, surround you. Give Westbrook KD and Klay or Harden, and they'd be putting up similar efficiency numbers

>it's funny how you accuse me of being a little kid
The only reason anyone would get mad at this is because they're a little kid.
Go back to class, middle school is in session you fuckin newfag bandwagon.
> If the 3P line didn't exist, Curry would be hella fucked.
This is so wrong on many levels. This is also your first season watching basketball.

If you just read this thread, you'd know you're fucking retarded, newfag.

Curry's efficiency has been great since Mark Jackson's days as coach. The reason why his game works is because he's efficient. Besides that Westbrook had KD and Harden and was basically the same as he always is if not slightly worse

Look at how GOAT Curry's defense is lol

youtube.com/watch?v=llGbnY-a5DU

But that's all Kerr, who basically copied what San Antonio had been doing for years. The only thing Curry changed is shooting a shitload of "bad" 3's, but having them go in because he's a ridiculous shooter. It's not exactly something that can be copied.

LeBron in 2011 didn't dissappear like Steph did in 2016. Not even close

Oh man, that is the funniest thing I've read all week.

Westbrook changed the game
Harden changed the game
Curry...ehhh