Wrestling is THE hardest sport out there. Not even the best football player, hockey player, rugby player, basketballer...

Wrestling is THE hardest sport out there. Not even the best football player, hockey player, rugby player, basketballer, swimmer, you name it, can last a period in the ring with the best fucking college wrestler. Any style. Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P3SktSgFRPI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fags in onesies rolling around on Herpes infected mats?

I'll pass

i wrestled my freshman year of high school. i was trash but i wasn't the worst. even at that level it's exhausting. not to mention the guys who know what they're doing are on top of their technique. there is absolutely no way to win a wrestling match by simply overpowering your opponent.
i wish wrestling was more appreciated

Himalayan mountaineering blows the fuck out of wrestling bro

You should have posted romero

Wrestling is like strongman competitions. It's obviously the most difficult and "raw" display of strength. But you have to be so autistic to do it at competition level that the glory is marginalized.

>wrestling
>raw strength
youve obviously never wrestled before

>people good at a sport wouldn't win a different sport which they don't do
No shit you fucking moron. I know how hard wrestling is, but you don't prove that by saying they'd beat other athletes in wrestling.
By your logic, wrestlers aren't the best because they couldn't score a single point against a top college basketball player, and so basketball is the hardest.

assmad soyboy detected

well yeah
I don't think anyone even contests this anymore
the only wrestling haters are closet homosexuals

Terrible thread. The logic is mind blowing

fuck David Taylor

Boxing is the hardest sport

Nah. Gymnastics, then probably MMA or Figure Skating.

Most high level wrestlers are guys who were too small for football. Plus they really are weird fucking dudes.

Don't get me wrong, what they are doing is physically exhausting and brutal. But it's boring to watch and the athletes are really fucking weird. Like cultish level weird.

Wrestlers have to manipulate the body of guys who are technical and athletic.

please break down for me how gymnastics or figure skating is more difficult than wrestling

just about every former wrestler that has fought mma has said that wrestling is more diffucult btw

>in the ring

0/10

I am 43 years of age and began my training when I was 2 in Boxing, Kickboxing/Muay Thai at 7. I trained very intensely in many different arts. I competed in underground tournaments before MMA was a legitimate sport, both point and No Holds barred, also no weight classes. Jui Jitsu and Judo practicioners were never involved....only strikers. I won 87 of my 89 fights, both losses were to an Akido master. He was able to neutralize me by using my momentum against me, worked good for him in a dojo with rules....wouldn't work in the street. In MMA, Ju Jitsu is required skill and without that skill, you are limited. The most effective Art , by far, is Muay Thai. A wrestler or Ju Jitsu guy can beat untrained fighters, especially in sporting competitions, but a someone that is trained for combat, not sport, can neutralize all they have. In sport, you are limited by rules. Defeating wrestlers and Ju Jitsu guys is quite easy when rules don't exist and the disciplines that lose to wrestling in the ring can defeat them on the street if trained well. The primary way to dominate a wrestler or BJJ fighter is via small joint attacks. Not submitting through holds and locks like sports, but by violent folding and snapping and orifice attacks. Breaking of wrists and fingers makes them useless. I have great respect for MMA fighters, but in a tight area and no rules to protect them....better have close quarters striking skills because trained men like me will give you an opening to attempt a Hold of sorts, just so we can attack the limb. Sport isn't reality. It's impressive to see a grounded wrestler defeat a standing opponent with an arm bar, but without rules...the guy standing can simply stomp the wrestlers head til he let's go Only the toughest can withstand being Fishhooked and anyone using a rear naked choke will let go when you stick a finger deep into an eye socket.

Boxing is pretty tough too

>Most high level wrestlers are guys who were too untalented for a higher paying sport
Just like mma fighters except the extreme top end make out, just like any non big 4 sport. Any sport that's not popular like wrestling is, by virtue, not nearly as hard as one that is because it's not going to attract any talent. Nobody cares how hard you work, hits you take, gassers you run. Plenty of scrubs can do that

My career ended after 2 severe car accidents, in my spare time I teach women how to effectively defend themselves against larger opponents/ rape prevention. I don't teach them to fight, I teach the how to cripple attackers for there on survival.

There are countries where they take wrestling very seriously.

Karelin > any handegger ever

I agree. On a whim I decided to do it my senior year of highschool. (I was already a 3 sport athlete for all my life) and I had never done something so physically demanding.

If you want your kid to be athletic, make them wrestle as their first sport and then they'll be able to kick all the other kids asses.

Actual wrestling, leaf. Not mandrama.

"If you beat your opponent, they win" - a leaf

This man would ragdoll anyone in the NBA or NFL

Alright, NCAA Division 1 champion wrestler vs. National Golden Gloves champion boxer.

Who wins?

>sports require specific training
>athletic people without that training probably can't beat top-tier talent with that training
wow, who knew?

>Golden Gloves

Gymnastics involves so much body control and pure strength it's insane. I can guarantee you could take a high level male gymnast give him 2 years of training and he'd be a high level wrestler.

Do the same with a wrestler and gymnastics and the guy maybe will have mastered just one part of gymnastics.

for mma compared to wrestling... dude MMA is much more wide open than wrestling. Driving a car with you feet is harder than driving with your hands. That doesn't make it impressive.
nah you have wrestlers who have swung over to MMA all the time.

Whatever the national amateur championship for boxing is.

Exactly, this thread is completely pointless. Literally Junior High School english essay tier.

In what? A street fight?

In any kind of fight.

professional wrestling is the hardest sport

In Monopoly

>boxing isn't the most difficult sport
okay.

the guy who practices MMA

Well, in a street fight striking is second to none. But if the wrestler could get him on the ground it would be over.

Just depends on the physical attributes of the two. If the boxer has a much greater reach, than I would take him. But if the wrestler gets in close he could easily win. One throw to the ground on the boxers head and he would probably be comatose.

The one with footwork to control the space between their opponent

youtube.com/watch?v=P3SktSgFRPI

This.

Always teach your kid how to wrestle/fight.

I understand that I'm americanizing my response when I say that
Never argued mma or wrestling was harder, I was saying neither is, that's why they all get scrub wages except the very top end headliners in mma

Nope boxing is more difficult. This is well known for two centuries now.

>boxing more difficult

I will take Cael Sanderson over Mike Tyson any day as a bet for a 1 on 1 fight.

Cael Sanderson is the best collegiate athlete ever.

My junior year in high school I did wrestling, I never played any sports before that. My senior year of high school I played football, wrestling again, and then rugby. Wrestling saved my life and taught me so much more then just how to put someone on there backs.

>an athlete who practices a sport other than wrestling wouldn't win against an athlete that practices wrestling

well no shit?