Ask a schizophrenic anything

Ask a schizophrenic anything.
I may take a while to reply, be patient.
Free (you)s for all posters!

Attached: 1468660911505.jpg (960x540, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w1mUAVPaX98
youtube.com/watch?v=JCZKC6x9zlU
youtube.com/watch?v=jcBCBAbRWTs
youtube.com/watch?v=51K4cUTuvc0
youtube.com/watch?v=klfOQC-fX5I
m.youtube.com/watch?v=gVeVzNHev4o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do you see hot ghosts when you fap ?

>Do you see hot ghosts when you fap ?
Nope. I do see squiggly lines and lights sometimes though.

Attached: 1527202684439.png (560x760, 308K)

Most common Hallucination? Does it have to do with your fetishes?

>Most common Hallucination?
Voices.
>Does it have to do with your fetishes?
Nope, completely unrelated.

Attached: 1471484008794.jpg (1024x691, 104K)

bump

Attached: 1526612791279.png (1030x1082, 692K)

What's the worst thing a cia nigger has done to you?

what’re the worst meds they’ve put you on?

>What's the worst thing a cia nigger has done to you?
Don't think I've ever had any encounters with them.
>what’re the worst meds they’ve put you on?
Well, I don't take any medication. They're all horrible.

Attached: 22835f518b04e83b06c33c1602af902a.jpg (1000x1414, 105K)

Do you smoke cigarettes?

>Do you smoke cigarettes?
No, they taste like ass. I'd rather smoke cardboard.

Attached: 1471484634256.png (409x378, 236K)

>I'd rather smoke cardboard.
LOST

Attached: 7e2278e.jpg (720x624, 37K)

are you happy?

>LOST
Are you okay, user?

Attached: 1471474163046.gif (540x310, 1.84M)

>are you happy?
Quite the contrary.

Attached: 1492492058488.jpg (225x350, 14K)

do you wanna talk about it?

What symptoms made you realize you had schizophrenia, or led to your diagnosis?

Asking as somebody who is increasingly terrified that I'm schizophrenic.

>do you wanna talk about it?
I'm not sure there's much to talk about.

Attached: 1530664809397.jpg (1918x812, 396K)

Do you suffer from any other disorders besides schizophrenia?

Are any of your hallucinations enjoyable?

When you "see" things is it something that you can easily tell isn't real?
Like starting at something for too long and you see something in the corner of your eye but in your mind you know it's all in your head?

Attached: 76089268_p0.png (1898x1080, 1001K)

even if its something minor it helps a bit to talk. if you dont really have much to say you can talk about something that makes you happy fren

>What symptoms made you realize you had schizophrenia, or led to your diagnosis?
Sleep problems were the first thing that I noticed. It's why I originally went. Suffering from nightterrors every night for a week on top of my sleeping schedule flipping from night to day multiple times throughout the week.
That and paranoia. Every sound was someone trying to break into my house.
>Asking as somebody who is increasingly terrified that I'm schizophrenic.
I wouldn't be too worried.
>Do you suffer from any other disorders besides schizophrenia?
Probably. But, I'm not aware of them.
I've been told by people I know I'm a narcissist and few other's similar to it. But people say dumb shit all the time.
>Are any of your hallucinations enjoyable?
Music can be. I hallucinate music a lot.

Attached: 1568421985312.png (1024x576, 312K)

how did you come to find you had Schizophrenia? how do most come to find they have Schizophrenia? are there types based on having it since you were born and ones where you contracted it later on in life?

>I hallucinate music a lot.
is it new music? Have you considered becoming a composer?

What is the biggest lifestyle change you've had to make to deal with your condition?

>When you "see" things is it something that you can easily tell isn't real?
They don't look "solid" it looks fuzzy like it's bleeding through the universe. They look askew often. Just off. Not right.
>Like starting at something for too long and you see something in the corner of your eye but in your mind you know it's all in your head?
Yeah, I get that a lot. I don't even have to be staring at something. Could be walking down the hall and think I saw something. Washing dishes, just normal day shit.
>even if its something minor it helps a bit to talk.
My brain is fucked up. I don't experience emotions the same way "normal" people do.
>you can talk about something that makes you happy fren
Like...?
>how did you come to find you had Schizophrenia?
I saw a psychologist because I was having massive amounts of sleep issues.
>are there types based on having it since you were born and ones where you contracted it later on in life?
Well, you don't "contract" it. You're predisposed to it. It's kind of always with you from when you're born. It's just not always activated.
Does that make sense?
>is it new music?
Pretty much always.
>Have you considered becoming a composer?
I have many times. I have a tendency to just drop things I'm doing.

Attached: 1505608227810.jpg (1000x1545, 1.01M)

>What is the biggest lifestyle change you've had to make to deal with your condition?
Completely withdrawing from society.

Attached: 1471474672399.png (1875x866, 1.15M)

so for someone to be diagnosed with schizophrenia later in life, they've always kind of had it and it's only started showing itself then? Is everyone predisposed to having it or only a select few?

>they've always kind of had it and it's only started showing itself then?
That's my understanding of it, yes.
>Is everyone predisposed to having it or only a select few?
From what I gather it's mostly genetic. So, not everyone is predisposed to it.

Attached: 1471449235692.png (1801x809, 1.6M)

Schizoids tend to show signs of their schizophrenia around the age of 21 and it only worsens with time. Sometimes it shows itself up later or earlier but more often then not its around early 20s
Nobody really knows what causes schizophrenia, but a lot of people say its genetic and there's no real cure for it nor way to contract it

Attached: the blight pill.jpg (1600x1831, 1.68M)

What kind of Schizophrenia do you have?

Attached: 990.jpg (698x739, 71K)

>What kind of Schizophrenia do you have?
Paranoid Schizophrenia.
It's not called that anymore though.

Attached: 1490894437596.png (1856x2592, 1.38M)

How old are you OP and how much of what this user says is true?

>Sleep problems were the first thing that I noticed. It's why I originally went. Suffering from nightterrors every night for a week on top of my sleeping schedule flipping from night to day multiple times throughout the week.
>I wouldn't be too worried.

I have that going on too. I inexplicably become nocturnal for days to weeks at a time. No night terrors or hallucinations but I find it nearly impossible now to hold onto any sort of routine. Both symptoms are to the point where I'm unable to maintain any meaningful relationships with people or look for steady employment.

I also have what I can only call "anger flashes'. Sometimes when my mind wanders, if I think of something that makes me angry, all of a sudden my entire vision becomes filled with scenes of intense violence and my body lashes out wildly. When it's over I'm usually off balance with my heart racing. Used to happen when I was younger, but only for a second or two and only when I was completely alone. Now it can last for up to half a minute and I'm starting to experience this when I'm driving or otherwise dangerously close to being in public.

>How old are you OP
I'm 27.
>and how much of what this user says is true?
Pretty much all of it. Not a lot is really known about Schizophrenia. There's no real cure for it. The average age is something between 18-21 for males and 28-31 for females if I remember correctly.

Attached: 1527349717539.png (800x1184, 331K)

>I have that going on too.
If you're worried about you should see someone. all of those issues could be so many different things. Or they could just be nothing.
>I also have what I can only call "anger flashes'
I've never heard of anyone with Schizo describe anything like that.

Attached: 1492880016605.jpg (1280x1024, 434K)

Do your best!

>Do your best!
I make no promises.

Attached: 1492491872067.gif (576x245, 958K)

>I've never heard of anyone with Schizo describe anything like that.
That's an honest-to-god relief, thanks.

>That's an honest-to-god relief, thanks.
You should probably still see a psychologist at the least. You've most likely got some problems that you need to deal with.

Attached: Oshino.Shinobu.full.1989902.jpg (1600x1753, 1.14M)

How do you feel about the inevitable rapid cognitive decline you will suffer? Word salad, racing thoughts you can’t make sense of, memory issues etc. What makes life worth living? Antipsychotics make you fat and aren’t capable of completely erasing any symptom but without them psychosis sounds unbearable. Schizophrenia is a lose-lose situation pal.

>How do you feel about the inevitable rapid cognitive decline you will suffer?
I don't.
>Word salad, racing thoughts you can’t make sense of, memory issues etc.
Already have everything there.
>What makes life worth living?
Life is suffering. Everyone is suffering. Me, you, that kid in Africa that will die of starvation in a few hours.
The human condition is suffering.
>Antipsychotics make you fat
I don't take them.
>Schizophrenia is a lose-lose situation pal.
Life is a lose-lose situation. You spend your entire life suffering while you try to accomplish something, never get it complete, then you die.

Attached: 1471474706895.png (897x745, 936K)

Why don't they ever listen? I keep telling them that it's not so easy to ignore, but they just shrug their shoulders and pretend to care, but they don't even understand, let alone have the capacity of caring about such that they can't comprehend. They don't get it, the things that run through my head daily, hourly. Random, incoherent mumbling mostly, but the occasional message prodding through, and I never like what I hear. It feels like I'm battling myself, like some deeper consciousness of mine thinks these crazy things just to mess with me. I laugh in my head and say, yeah, that'd be crazy if I really thought that, but I feel in some part that those ridiculous thoughts might seem normal if they repeat themselves often enough. I'm afraid of going crazy, because I'm afraid of these thoughts someday seeming normal, and worse, like good ideas.

have you ever taken acid?

>Why don't they ever listen?
Because people are self centered. They care only about themselves. The only time they care about something that happens to you, is if it also affects them.
>have you ever taken acid?
I have not. But I do want to some day.

Attached: 1471483929127.jpg (1920x816, 132K)

You don’t care about irreversible stupidity? Every schizophrenic does, it’s not something you can avoid. There are tons of articles on the internet explaining this symptom and it gets so bad to the point people can’t even comprehend what they’re reading. Schizophrenics typically have a lower iq than the general population and no medication can change this. What a sad way to live life.. fearing imaginary figures and rambling nonsense, this is the worst mental disorder anyone could ever be cursed with. I salute you.

Why do you keep posting this thread?

are you the same guy from 2 years or so ago who said he was a psychologist and would help people out and always posted that picture of the anime girl

can i simulate schizophrenia through sleep deprivation?

>You don’t care about irreversible stupidity?
You mean the process of aging? You realize literally every person on the planet gets stupider as they age?
>Schizophrenics typically have a lower iq than the general population
Someone doesn't know how a bell curve works.
>fearing imaginary figures
Never met a schizophrenic who feared any imagniary figures. I think you might be confusing the Hollywood characterture of Schizophrenia for the real thing.
>this is the worst mental disorder anyone could ever be cursed with.
That is how it's described, yes.
>Why do you keep posting this thread?
It's literally in the OP.
>Ask me anything
So people will, wait for it.... Ask me anything.
>who said he was a psychologist
Nope, I've never claimed to be a psychologist. I've actually stated multiple times that I'm not a professional just because I have the illness.
>would help people out
I do try to help people if they ask for it though. Or if they seem as if they want help.
>can i simulate schizophrenia through sleep deprivation
If you don't sleep for around 3-5 days it can trigger psychosis. Yes.

Attached: 1501747506481.jpg (829x1100, 122K)

Why are you gay?

>Why are you gay?
I'm not. I like the vagine.

Attached: 1468661132358.jpg (827x1169, 529K)

sounds pretty gay to me since only girls have vagine and girls like dick and that's gay af

>that's gay af
Not gay if she likes my dick.
>I have dick
>She have vagine
>not gay
I have a flowchart about this.

Attached: gay or not.png (1019x590, 13K)

Maybe
Schizophrenia is a lot more complicated than simply seeing and hearing things that aren't there. It's a constant feeling of unrest or instability, it's hard to explain. It's as if you're losing control of your mind while constantly suffering from your most negative emotions.
Of course there's different kinds of schizophrenia and each one comes with it's host of negative emotions, but what I've said before is the stuff I've gathered from reading about it.

I've always been interested in schizophrenia and other mental disorders, and even tried to figure out ways to achieve it ever since I was 13 due to memes about magic and spirituality but gave up once I hit 20 after understanding how truly horrible it is
Do you know anything scientific about it?
What kind of information did you gather from your trips to a psychologist?
Also am I right about schizophrenia feeling like you're slowly slipping out of reality and your sanity

Attached: Plague_Marine_Face.jpg (780x780, 206K)

this reply proves ur a dumb fuck. lmao no matter who we are we all age but the average neurotypical takes years, decades, to reach an age where they are prone to disorders like dementia and can’t read or function properly anymore. schizophrenics are thrown into psych wards more often than they are at home no matter the age they are, the point is schizophrenic neurological deterioration is rapid unlike those who are sane.

ah i see now the real question is are traps gay

>Do you know anything scientific about it?
Not really, I used to but I haven't really paid any attention to that sort of stuff in a long time.
>What kind of information did you gather from your trips to a psychologist?
That I have a lot of problems. Most of whom stem from my less than perfect childhood.
>Also am I right about schizophrenia feeling like you're slowly slipping out of reality and your sanity
More or less. The word Schizophrenia is derived from greek (I think) Schizo (split) phrene (mind).
It's like you become detached from everything. Reality, yourself, your emotions, everything around you.
>ah i see now the real question is are traps gay
Yes. The flow chart was originally made for that.
Traps are in fact gay.

Attached: 1492491934644.jpg (754x900, 179K)

>this reply proves ur a dumb fuck.
Only if you're an ignorant piece of shit.
>but the average neurotypical takes years, decades, to reach an age where they are prone to disorders like dementia
And the average schizophrenic leads a fairly normal life. Contrary to popular belief.
>and can’t read or function properly anymore.
I've suffered from Schizophrenia for around about 10 year by my estimation.
How am I able to sit here and read and make sense of sentences?
You're extremely ignorant.
>schizophrenics are thrown into psych wards more often than they are at home
Incorrect.
About 1/3 Schizophrenics are actually hospitalized.
That's 66% who aren't hospitalized.
>point is schizophrenic neurological deterioration is rapid
Again, false. Only about 1/3 of schizophrenics have rapid mental deterioration.
2/3's are able to live fairly normal lives. Maybe with some intermittent breaks from reality.
You don't seem to know very much about the disorder.

It's like saying
>The majority of Schziophrenics are criminals
>Because Schizophrenics make up a large portion of prison/jail inmates
It's just ignorant.

Attached: 1471473074846.gif (500x281, 1.21M)

Why do you keep opening yourself up to these armchair psychiatrists who try and convince you that you're lying every thread?

Can you tickle yourself?

>Why do you keep opening yourself up to these armchair psychiatrists who try and convince you that you're lying every thread?
It's a decent way to pass the time.
It's kind of like people watching. Except you're engaged.
You know like a camera man that stops a wild cheetah from eating a baby goat or something.
>Can you tickle yourself?
Yeah, it's not very hard at all.
>I orginally read that as
>Can you kill yourself?

Attached: 1471472398964.jpg (900x900, 604K)

Songs that remind you of your illness?

Do you remember anything of what you did when you had your freakouts?

Where is proof you are one? You could be larping like every other fag on Sup Forums for attention, u ain’t special

>Songs that remind you of your illness?
youtube.com/watch?v=w1mUAVPaX98
youtube.com/watch?v=JCZKC6x9zlU
youtube.com/watch?v=jcBCBAbRWTs
youtube.com/watch?v=51K4cUTuvc0

youtube.com/watch?v=klfOQC-fX5I (not a song)
>Do you remember anything of what you did when you had your freakouts?
I don't really freakout. It's not like an autist sperging out.
>Where is proof you are one
The proof is in everything I've said. You can choose to believe it or not.
I could just as easily forge a document from a psychiatrist. Or forge a pill bottle with a random name on it with some generic anti-psychotic.
>You could be larping like every other fag on Sup Forums for attention
Yeah, I could be. Again, that's for you to decide.
>u ain’t special
Depends on how you define special. I'm no different from you, or any other user, no.
I'm just a guy who has a fucked up brain.

Attached: 1469860712807.jpg (614x890, 86K)

why am i such a faggot?
why havent i killed myself yet?

Do you think there will be a cure for schizophrenia in your lifetime? Or at the very least drastically improved medication? Why dont you take any?

>why am i such a faggot?
Wait a second this isn't how this is supposed to look.
>why havent i killed myself yet?
Ru.ok/user?
>Do you think there will be a cure for schizophrenia in your lifetime?
I highly doubt it. By my estimation the world will end before that happens.
>Or at the very least drastically improved medication?
Not very likely. All the funding goes to cancer, and they've basically gotten nowhere for the cure. Until cancer is cured, don't expect any other disease to be cured.
>Why dont you take any?
Too many side effects.
Can take a month to get acclimated to one medication to even see if it works.
Then if that medication doesn't work you need to stop it (usually slowly), then go through withdraw.
Then you have to be put on another medication for another month to see if that works.

Attached: shinobuacute.jpg (228x221, 7K)

Who said that?

Has any electronic device ever tried to communicate with you?

>Who said that?
(you)
>Has any electronic device ever tried to communicate with you?
A computer is communicating with me right now.

Attached: 1471484775389.jpg (850x1126, 225K)

SUICIDE IS THE ANSWER! IT IS FREEDOM AND AN ESCAPE FROM PAIN AND SUFFERING! IT IS HEAVEN, ETERNAL PEACE AND SILENCE, IT IS FALLING ASLEEP AND NEVER BEING DISTURBED AGAIN, IT IS THE BEST THING A HUMAN CAN COMPREHEND, EVERYONE SHOULD COMMIT SUICIDE AND BE HAPPY WITH THEMSELVES, ITS THE ONLY WAY LIFE IS TOO FAR TOO UNFAIR AND PAINFUL FOR HUMANS

When will you die? Seriously though, how long do you think you can tolerate this illness?

I said who am I gonna call? Ghostbusters! Wait no-

>SUICIDE IS THE ANSWER!
You're welcome to think that if you must.
>When will you die?
Who knows. I can't read the future.
>Seriously though, how long do you think you can tolerate this illness?
I've tolerated it this long. I doubt my tolerance will be my downfall.

Attached: 1492327112861.png (1920x1080, 79K)

Both my aunt and uncle have schizophrenia and ive been displaying symptoms for months now, think it might be my onset.. should i be worried?

is it fun

>I said who am I gonna call? Ghostbusters! Wait no-
Who else is there to call?
911?
>should i be worried?
I dunno, user. If you are, seek medical attention.
>is it fun
Not particularly.

Attached: 1471449566830.png (465x550, 278K)

You dont get the reference? Bruh

why not u get imaginary best friends lol

>You dont get the reference?
Apparently not.
>why not u get imaginary best friends lol
I don't have any imaginary friends.

Attached: 1471473740370.png (1807x953, 1M)

Why does schizophrenia exist? What the fuck is wrong with the human race to evolve with such a debilitating mental disorder? You’d think natural selection would pick the first fuckers out so millions of other people wouldn’t have to suffer from it

Arr u autistic

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gVeVzNHev4o

Schizo shit is a myth. Stop acting like ur brain works differently for sympathy weirdo

areu homicidal

>Why does schizophrenia exist?
Because of some genetic mutation that happened forever ago, probably.
>What the fuck is wrong with the human race to evolve with such a debilitating mental disorder?
You realize humans aren't the only ones who suffer from shit like this? The universe is a fucked up place.
>You’d think natural selection would pick
That isn't how natural selection works, user.
>Arr u autistic
Nope.
>m.youtube.com/watch?v=gVeVzNHev4o
what about it?
>Schizo shit is a myth.
If you say so.
>areu homicidal
Nope.

Attached: 1471473853861.png (1919x929, 1.23M)

Do you wanna be an anime girl and get fucked by a fat dong??

>Do you wanna be an anime girl and get fucked by a fat dong??
No.

Attached: 1527277301080.jpg (1440x2047, 280K)

You are posting just a bit too many same character anime girl pictures, some lewd, for me to buy that answer.

>You are posting just a bit too many same character anime girl pictures
Just because I like a character means I want to be that character?
Some weird logic you've got there, user.

Attached: 1526875552132.png (1125x925, 277K)

Should I be worried about hearing voices, not believing life is real, minor visual hallucinations, tactile hallucinations, excessive paranoia, belief of seeing the future and the panic attacks that come with it when the visions I have had come true and play out just as I saw they would.
Seeing the future is not the correct way to word it however I dont know how to describe it other than knowing what minor day to day things will happen occasionally

Attached: 1517083222659.png (569x569, 18K)

What's your opinion on self mutilation?

Attached: 1517081073433.jpg (600x600, 13K)

No question but thanks for the cute vampire pictures

>Should I be worried
Maybe? Those are all signs of some sort of underlying mental health issue.
What exactly that is though? Could be anything.
Could just be your personality.
Couldn't hurt to see a professional about it, though.
>knowing what minor day to day things will happen occasionally
I get that fairly often as well, I know what you're talking about.

Attached: 1468914145835.jpg (1298x2048, 408K)

Whoo! thinks was him...!?

Attached: 7941570616202939.jpg (1600x1115, 111K)

On some level, yes.

Not trying to start anything but have you ever had sex? Does this keep you from intimacy?