Has any other team in sports history ruined a sport as much as the golden State warriors have ruined basketball?

Has any other team in sports history ruined a sport as much as the golden State warriors have ruined basketball?

The NBA is currently unwatchable. All it is is players pulling up and chucking up threes back and forth all game long. And if it's not three chucking then you're watching someone shoot freethrows for some nullahit call.

>record high ratings
>ruined sport

The NBA is terrible because there’s only around 5 or 6 teams that are good and have a chance at making it to the finals. The refs have way too much power over the game.

imagine being this assmad and wrong
warriors lead the league in assists and some retard thinks their game is just pull up 3s
if you want to bitch about the Rockets, then bitch about the Rockets
don't pretend it's about the warriors or the rest of the league

>there’s only around 5 or 6 teams
HAHAHAHA
HAHAHA
HAHAHAHHAHA

They've actually brought me back to paying attn. Surely there are others.

Imagine growing up in the 90s hearing everyone bitch that basketball sucks because a team like the warriors doesn't exist and then 20 years later when they come around listening to faggots bitch about that too

>5-6

being a little generous arent we

This tbhfam.

what would happen if a shot made from behind the 3pt line became a shot worth only 1 point? I know it's a stupid idea but I'm not knowledgeable enough about basketball to see what the consequences would be

Cleveland, Golden State, Boston, Spurs, Raptors and the Rockets are teams that have been top three in their division the last 2 seasons. Now if we’re talking about teams that can get through the playoffs and make the finals it’s only Cleveland, Boston, Golden State and Spurs.

Spurs are done. Kawhi is out for the season.

>muhh finals ratings
Kek, talk about regular season and attendance

as long as Pop is there tgey have a chance

It’s not the Warriors fault that nobody wants to watch the Nets vs Hawks. Other teams need to git gud.

You're so wrong, it's hard to believe. The Warriors play attractive and fun basketball. The shitty game is being played by guys like Harden.

Go home larry.

this. NBA fans care more about watching "attractive and fun" basketball and seeing superstars dominate than watching their own teams win or anything stupid like that

OP, honestly it's a waste of time trying to rationalize the NBA sucking because NBA fans want something completely different from their sport than fans of literally every other sport on earth.

>sport revolves around, and was founded upon passing the ball and shooting the ball through the hoop
>the team that gets 30+ assists a night and shoots the ball well ruined the sport

This.

No the sport revolves on big black men pounding each other down low.

Spurms aren't getting past Golden State and no one is beating Golden State in the finals senpai.

This, except it's a 3 team league. The NBA needs to contract teams desu

needs to contract to 0

it was exactly like this during the 90's as well with jordan's bulls. People are going to look back at the 2010's the same way people look back on the 90's except replace the bulls with the warriors and jordan with curry and pippen with durant and rodman with draymond. It's the exact same shit

The worst part of it is they're absolute fucking vaginas when it comes to anything else besides memechucking. If you take away their transition points and make them execute in the halfcourt, they look painfully average. It's no accident a young Celtics team minus their best perimeter defender took them down to the wire.

With any luck, the Rockets or the Celtics will BTFO them in a series this year, but I'm not holding my breath cuz refball. We might have to wait for LeBron to join the Rockets next year desu

If they contracted the NBA to like 8 teams I don't think anyone would even notice or give a shit

Is the NBA the only league on Earth where people root for stars and for the sport itself, rather than rooting for teams?

it starting too become this way for the NFL too. Notice how many people rooting for the patriots this super bowl because they're "tom brady" fans

Divegrass gets a bit but only because of the third world shitters that cheer for Messi or Ronaldo

I feel like it's different for Brady since he's literally the GOAT. Unless you want to hold out for Jerry Rice or Barry Sanders or something, you're forced to concede that Brady is the greatest football player of all time. It's like Jordan in the NBA. But there are no Jordans in the modern NBA, yet people still root for stars over teams.

yes, but it's mainly because the NBA is the only league on earth where the media and league intentionally promote their stars instead of the teams.

highlight reels are of a player's performance that night. big matchups are "star vs star" rather than team vs team. the ADHD-riddled millennials the NBA promotes itself to (because of the unending scoring) care about following their favorite players on instagram/snapchat and the drama in the league that reminds them of their school cafeteria

its why i always find posts in the same vain as OP's to be funny. there is no point wondering why NBA fans do things when everything they do is the complete opposite of everthing you know about sports fandom

NBA is more player centric than any other sport, frankly.

The stars MAKE the league. There's a reason the best teams are ALWAYS the ones with the best players. One singular super talent can change the entire dynamic of the league just by switching teams.

If Lebron goes to the Lakers, the Lakers immediately become a contender, and the entire power structure of the NBA changes.
Whereas, if Tom Brady went to the Browns, the effect would not nearly be as noticeable.

seriously? 3 teams at most

Not just the finals from last year, the NBA ratings are up big time this year.

The NFL's, by comparison, are down across the board.

Zero-sum game. They're on at the same time and people have to watch something.

I used to watch refball until I realized how rigged it is and how only 2 teams have a chance

Based Giannis GOAT is here to put them into their place. LeMeme could not do it because he is mentally weak. Giannis is mentally impenetrable because he hardly even understands anything you are saying. He doesn't fold in big situations because he is still 6'11 and jams the ball from wherever he is on the court. Hot'n'Spicey comin' at ya, he will freaking meme all over the Warriors. 23 years old and he is a 30 PER.

Lol JK.

Contraction is hilarious. Obviously it will never happen in the NBA due to money, but I see people on /nba/ and plebshit's NBA board joke about these long list of franchises because no one cares about them. you could contract 6 of them right off the bat (magic, hornets, grizzlies, pelicans, kings, hawks), teams with very few fans and a limited history, throw the players into a dispersal draft that the rest of the league can draft and instantly improve the league's teams, and even though they mock these franchises for being jokes, they get angry as fuck about contraction.

combine contraction of 25-30% of the league with cutting the meaningless regular season schedule in half with two games a week and the nba might become watchable again

and the worst part is that the most godawful league in the world is actually having its ratings go UP

what's with this bread?
did lelborn lose again?

well that's because in basketball, it takes one guy to score. one guy can (and does) rebound, drive down the field, and shoot, which is possible because the court is so small. this can't happen in any other sport

Fuck off plastic

I don't even like LeBron that much, but he looks like a fucking saint next to you gloryhunting memechucking nut-shotting hypocritical social-climbing millennial faggots

I can't even imagine what it must feel like to be this autistic.

Truth hurts. Or maybe it doesn't because Memeior fans don't actually have a soul. They DO root for the Memeiors

autism speaks

You know NBA is dead when an esport finals has more viewers than the nba finals

Reminder the nba had parity one time(the 70s) and it almost killed the league until the Lakers/Magic and/or Celtics/Bird made the finals every year in the 80s.

Parity doesn't sell in the nba. It's really a meme in any sport but especially the nba.

In other sports you at least hold out the hope that if your team is well-run and has good coaches, and drafts/signs well, they can eventually rise to contender status. That's how it is in football, baseball, and hockey. But with the NBA it feels like you can have a really well-managed team with a good strategy, and it will all be useless unless you have one of about a dozen elite players. It's infuriating, and I don't know how basketball fans put up with it.

Sup Forums 1995: the post