I make $17/hr being a grocery store cart pusher. I'm in college for engineering

I make $17/hr being a grocery store cart pusher. I'm in college for engineering

Am i doing ok so far?

Attached: i71.jpg (1400x1450, 253K)

Fantastic, yes

who is right

>engineering
So is everyone else. Tight job market. Might do better pushing those carts.

If you are below 35 yes

Rofl. 3% unemployment "Market is tight"
Dumb faggot.

JANNIES FUCKING JANNIES GET IN HERE

better than me. I'm in the MAE program 3rd yr. but I work for 10/hr at a restaurant

Yeah it's fine. I would try to get a Co-op or internship though at a company related to your degree though. Does your degree require co-ops for graduation?

I'm part of that 3% right now. I have 14 years of relevant IT experience though. Not getting any calls about my applications. Shit soup.

anybody can literally google IT solutions. get a better skill

yeah man

How does it feel having the same job they hand out to literal retards on the weekend shift?

>Am i doing ok so far?

Yeah man keep at it. This is how it's done. Gaining life and work experience. Always looks good on your CV.

You have to call them you dingus

He's no retard though. He's genuinely doing the smart thing.

>3% unemployment
Yeah totally.

Feels good. I mean, they pay me well. They pay me 17/hr with benefits and 401k. I know plenty of people busting ass daily to earn the same. I just bring in carts, maybe sweep by the registers and smile to people

Lol skillless gimp of a job, what's next a Walmart greeter

Perfect for a lazy incel cuck

Shiiiiet. I'd take it if they pay the same and lets me go to school at the same time

Who cares what job you have in college while you work on your degree? It's all about making enough money to survive while you earn a degree which will help you make money in the future.

Nothing but respect from me (an old timer).

You are lying.You do not make more than 11.00 an hour pushing carts.Especially considering that the cart pushers I have seen are basically functioning morons.

So tell us what you do user

No lies bro. Whole Foods is basically giving money away. Every now and then I'm expected to cashier but it's mainly cart pushing. They were bought by Amazon 2yrs ago and with that they raised their minimum pay to 15. I got a raise shortly after and here i am.

They also gave everyone a share of Amazon. Most people just sold their stock. I decided to pay up the tax and hold it. Hopefully it goes up in a few years idk. pic related

Attached: Screenshot_20190828-201051_Firefox.jpg (1080x1497, 102K)

Don't care about the thread, need source for op pic now!

If you ever go to a Whole Foods and the employees look happy for no fucking reason, that's why

>Am i doing ok so far?
no. you're fucked. get an internship. nothing else matters.

t. BSE

I mean, 17/hr pushing carts while going to college? Sounds like something a clever person would do. It's great money for something they recognize as not being a career, and don't intend to stay with. Why work harder for less money, probably on a shittier schedule while going to college? That sounds dumb and counterintuative. Only an incel cuck would do something like that to appease public view and suck the long shlong of society.

Attached: 78676.png (750x1334, 920K)

bullshit

no place in the world is giving a cart wrangler 17$ and hour

if thats true quit school and stay there cuz youre making more money than most people, the incels on here whove never worked a day in their lives wouldnt know

Hell yeah!! Maybe with your experience you can design a shopping cart that self destructs when leaving a certain radius from original place and not wind up in streets. Or one that doesn't fucking rattle after lengths of use.

larvae number 2

sause?

I'm telling you bro. They got bank. It's the easiest job I've ever done. It pays my rent and living expenses easily

Attached: InShot_20191022_110706024.jpg (1920x3607, 659K)

First, don’t listen to these morons who don’t understand engineering job markets. 17/hr is great for a college job, but no one wants to push carts their whole lives.

Second, where you are is good, but you need to start having a plan for how to transition into engineering work (whatever you want to do). A big opportunity a lot of college students miss out on is internships. They are a golden ticket to a job and real experience in your field. The college jobs help big time with getting them, but start slinging applications. The earlier in your college career the better (because you can start low and work up to some really big ones by the end).

Also if you don’t have one, make a CV/Resume. That’s the first step to getting beyond college job and once its made and solid applying is a cake walk.

If you’re looking for grad school, research is a big way to get in (industry experience is still big too).

Best of luck, keep at it. Don’t let the dumbasses here fill you with their bullshit.

Do you know how unemployment is calculated dude? The job market fucking sucks dicks right now for anyone who wants a real paying job with any kind of decent benefits. Look up how it is calculated and what people are exempt.

Thank you. My only problem right now is that I'm living on my own and it'll be quite hard paying for everything on an internship

>Am i doing ok so far?

Aside from the fact you are wasting even a moment of your precious youth on this website, you're doing OK.

You need to close your computer and get out there and start fuckin.

If you’re internship isn’t paid, don’t take it. Most are, but some companies try to get at you with the idea that “the experience is the most valuable thing” fuck them. Just narrow your scope to actually paid ones, most big companies do. Especially if you’re in software, they shell out crazy bucks for interns. Amazon especially (having been through a couple rounds with them).

Even small engineering firms tend to pay around 20/hr and somtimes provide housing if that’s more your speed. It gets a lot easier to get the nicely paid ones with other intern experience (kind of a catch-22 but they’re looking for prospective talent, so its very possible if you’re out slinging).

already beat you to it, nigger who tongues anus.
i have a bs in cs& engineering. two aas in forensics and comp networking. jobs consisted of systems adminstration, network administration, programming, etc.

what would you suggest as a better skill, turbonerd?

yes
can you buy me new call of duty? it's only 60$

Young man as long as you're trying to make something out of yourself you should be proud

I make 105/hr (salary) as a chem e at 28. Depends what major.

Only way that's true is if you've been with the company for many years. No way they'd pay a cart pusher above minimum wage otherwise. No company would.

gtfo grandpa

lol 105/hr...someone thinks highly of themselves and has an unrealistic view on how the real world works.

My company pays janitors 37/ hr. I make the 105 an hour. Our company is unionized

oh wow
could you buy me the new call of duty? it's only 60$ which is basically nothing for you

It's actually salaried. That's just my taste with holidays and vacation time

i was also dubious until OP mentioned that he works for whole foods.

yes, they take care of their employees, which means that he's definitely making $17/hr pushing carts. i bet most of those carts are already pushed into their proper spots anyway with all those well-to-do whites following the rules all the time.

good on you OP. you're in a great spot: making easy money while in college for the master race STEM degree.

i'm currently bartending 3 days/week and making enough to live by myself and pay my own tuition while going for comp sci. keep grinding Sup Forumsro and tell all these faggots to fuck themselves for not believing

Lol collage.... I started my own business when I was in collage. Dropped out because I realized that my business would make me more money that me staying there.

>collage

nice try troll