Magic Mushroom Request Help Thread

Magic Mushroom Request Help Thread.

Hey b need your wonderfull help. Got a jar of alacabenzi, it started to surround the vermiculite/brf substrate but not all yet. A mushroom started to sprout.

What do i do? Take out now, remove the uncolonized substrate, dunk and roll over night OR wait till the slowass mycelium to take the rest of the substrate and risk more mushrooms growing in the jar?
Need help b

Attached: 20191211_175656.jpg (3264x1836, 1.52M)

Don't worry about little mushrooms. Just pluck them off once your substrate is fully colonized and you open the jar.
Opening your jar now will expose your substrate to mold and bacteria.
You're hardly going to lose any potential nutrients for the growth of your colony by having a little pin grow.

The top is fully colonized but the bottom is taking forever. Afraid it might be dry or something.

If its not colonizing the whole jar, there is a good chance it might have gotten contaminated somehow. Its safest to throw it out and try it again

Well, as a pro-tip use the short half pint jars. When you use a tall jar like that your spores will sit near the top of the substrate after inoculation and you'll need a lot more time for the mycelium to grow to the bottom. The only time you should use a jar larger or taller than the short half pint jars is when you are using a loose substrate like rye berries where you can shake it up. That being said you could try gently shaking the jar right side up to encourage some mycelium to break off and fall to the bottom of the jar in the hopes it will start colonizing from the bottom.
I wouldn't assume the substrate it too dry unless you messed up the ratio of BRF,verm, and water. From the looks of it it doesn't seem dry. I would be more concerned some of the discoloration of your mycelium... that dark spot in particular. what this user said might be more supportive evidence of contamination as well.

how does one get a hold of such a kit? or at least the spores without being tracked by authorities?

Ratios are perfect when i mixed them. The discoloration is from 'mycelium piss' as ive heard. Dont know if its anything tho. Pic is of other side

Attached: 20191211_184154.jpg (3264x1836, 1.43M)

p.s. Maybe instead of gently shaking just try banging it right side up on a table. I'm only thinking this because I feel like shaking would just wind up the mycelium on the outside of the substrate like cotton candy. If your substrate starts breaking up, oh well. It'll still be good enough food for your fungus. It'll eventually colonize it and become one piece again.

Legal in canada to order spores.

Any ideas for Europe?

what country?

Romania

spores101.com is where i ordered mine

hey, mushrooms are legal in neighbor country to the south, Belarus.

on discoloration, I'm talking about that black spot in your original picture.

>spores101.com
I see. Thanks!

Oh, a flake of verm. Yea i looked like mold, its not.

Ah. Well, in that case everything should be fine. It just needs more time due to your choice of jar.

That black spot looks like mold.

He says it's vermiculite

Looks like contamination to me.

This guy is right. The shorty jars make nice and easy shroomcakes.
I don't know what your set up is but its a good idea to have one room in your house where that's all the room is used for is making shrooms. A closet can be good too. But the point is not to open the door a lot and check on them all the time because that's more chance its going to get contaminated.