Imagine basing most of your life around Star Wars. Does anybody on here love it that much...

Imagine basing most of your life around Star Wars. Does anybody on here love it that much? Do you even like the newer movies, are any of them decent or good for you?

streamable.com/xr5hp

Attached: 1576303802759.jpg (1080x2158, 392K)

Rogue one is pretty good. The others are just fanservice for 40 year olds who never grew up

You are probably right about Rogue One, at least, although I have not seen it, yet. Did it feel like a different movie than any of the other new stuff? What explains that? Many other people on here like it better than the new Skywalker movies, or the Solo one.

Star Wars has sucked for a while now.

While he is kind of pathetic, I still miss those strong feelings that guy is feeling. Everything is grey now.

Everything after Empire Strikes Back has been progressively worse garbage. Except Rogue One. They accidentally made a decent film with that one.

I think the director for it has only done one project with Disney, just that one Star Wars movie he made. Apparently, he is blacklisted from making any more Star Wars movies (or other movies, too?). He made someone influential (Kathleen Kennedy?) very angry, for some reason.

I'll be honest, I felt close to the way he expressed in that one video/picture, after finishing some anime series years ago.

Worse, imagine basing most of your life (and your actions) around a religion that has no other purpose than to control you.

As for SW, it's dead to me. They threw Lucas under the bus and deprived true fans of the Eps. 7 - 9 that we had been wanting for 30+ years.

>Everything is grey now.

:(

No.

Now Batman on the other hand!

Attached: IMG_2387.jpg (1920x1561, 308K)

He has nothing real to fight for so he buries himself in fantasy. He has been systematically conditioned to feel massive nostalgia for his youth so he will consume product that activates his pavlovian response, and as a consequence can't move forward. I feel sorry for him actually.

That movie makes me want to buy a yellow vest, if not to wear the whole suit.

What's batman?

Attached: a6hlQAD.jpg (1920x1080, 182K)

Well for a start what's popular tends to spread around, and Star Wars is one of the lucky licenses. People will buy and love anything Star Wars as long as it meets certain standards. In fact, if it's good enough they'll do endless mental gymnastics to defend it. You can see this attitude with retards pretending that the original trilogy plot holes aren't actually plot holes. That being said you'll always get morons that get overly obsessional, no matter the quality of content.

>decent
That's the key word. It had some pretty cringeworthy moments too, but overall it wasn't bad at all.

Basing our identity on products is the inevitability of late stage capitalism

we have nothing left except products. no culture. no garb. no song, no dance, no people

just "fandom"

That movie was delightful.
What the hell was with all the hysteria??

It made a billion dollars, and now is going to clean up at the awards shows. People are too serious.

One of the great cameos in recent years.

Little Finger getting killed by Bane, on a plane, in like the first three minutes of a movie.

Yeah. It seemed like most journalists were against Joker, for some strangely irrational reasons. It was as though they assumed no matter what, a mass shooting would happen. Or, they could have simply been on Disney's payroll to smear against the film, in a Disney campaign attack.

I love the original movies. Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi. Everything else though I just do not care about. I'm actually sorta hating how Star Wars is this huge cultural thing.

Precisely. "Let's go after the 80 yr-old comic book character, because they're not making just another big loud dumb popcorn movie with him - they're going to try to tell a well-thought-out story! Can't have that!"

It's good to know there are other intelligent people on here, btw.

Fuck you, return of the Jedi is great

Thanks for outing your self as a retard impressed by visuals. How could you possibly think that Rogue One, a movie with zero characters, is a good film? holy fuck you are more retarded than the prequel fags

they took a good thing a made it bad, the newer movies are so out of tone with 3,4, and 5 it hurts. but then they weren't made for fans, rian johnson hates star wars and star wars fans and disney needs to recoup 4 billion dollars, they think you only get that kind of money by appealing to new younger people, so they killed our heroes to make way for new ones to supplant them.

>I'm actually sorta hating how Star Wars is this huge cultural thing.

The Star Wars property will probably suffer noticeably within this upcoming next decade. I fully expect that Star Wars won't be nearly that popular compared to, for example, circa 2015, when the first of the new Disney Star Wars movies got into movie theaters.

If you've never seen any of the other 6, then you'll think the new movies are kinda fun in a forgettable popcorn blockbuster sort of way. If you consider yourself a fan of Star Wars then you'll probably hate them, because they are objectively shit Star Wars movies

is that the lovechild of boogie and sam hyde?

And this guy. He's all three rolled into one. I think we've discovered the söyboy hybrid.

Attached: 1592738501.png (550x550, 349K)

My girlfriend is a huge fan - she even collects memorabilia from the films. But, she does love Star Wars within reason: she hates the prequels and she thinks the new ones are crap too. I couldn’t be more proud.

Attached: 60D5701C-7102-4AE7-B5F5-6FB8A6833656.jpg (480x270, 15K)

Kek, you caught one

During Britan's 2000 census, so many people wrote in Jedi as their religious belief, it was officially recognized as a religion.

the last jedi can eat my ass while that solo movie fucks a tranny in the corner. What giant pieces of shit, with that said i'm most def going to see the next one

being a fan of a fucking movie is a shit for normie stupid sheepish losers of the life lol

>zeros
Nigger bait

Original trilogy = cinematic classics.
Every thing else star wars = complete and utter garbage just cashing in and shitting upon the originals

Well I quite enjoy the star wars universe but it's not my entire life, yes I like the newer movies as well.

Any movie? Are you sure about that?

oh yeah... yes i am. any movie.

Even if it's a home movie that your grandfather made, before he passed away, maybe?

don't care about that asshole. would fucking destroy that movie to pieces, wouldn't even watch it. i don't care at all.

yeah and being a fan of a movie your passed grandfather made would be pretty cringe i think. could kms as well then