To people who live in snowy places. Do you ever just leave cold stuff outside in the snow? Like...

To people who live in snowy places. Do you ever just leave cold stuff outside in the snow? Like, I imagine if you didn't have room in your freezer, you could just leave packaged ice cream outside.

What's going to get to it? It's gotta be too cold for insects or animals to get it.

t. idiot who has never lived near snow

Attached: backyard-snow[1].jpg (2048x1536, 675K)

Sometimes I leave beer outside if Im gonna drink it later. Nothing better than a beer thats the same temperature as the air when its cold out.

all sorts of cold food stuff, I mean. like ice cream, meat, stuff you want to preserve.

I live in a cold semi-coastal area that doesn't get much snow. Despite that, in sub-freezing weather you can reasonably leave anything that has to stay frozen out in the cold, though it's wise to leave it inside some sort of uninsulated structure like a shed so that wild animals don't eat your tub of ice cream

moisture

Well friend, im from chicago and it's usually around 0F to 30F here in winter. I leave water in the car and beer in the back porch.

I used to have a window in my room that was perfectly placed in relation to where the snow would naturally pile up regardless of the amount of snow we got. I would set non carbonated beverages out there all the time. It took forever to freeze, and it kept lots of open space in the fridge.

Animals never touched them. They couldn't smell through unopened containers packed into the snow, either that or they didn't bother. Bugs are hard to come by in the winter, so that's hardly an issue.

No not really. If you didn't have room in your freezer I supposed you could throw it in a cooler and put the cooler in some snow. That's not a very long term solution though, outside temperature varies too much to consistently keep something frozen, at least in my area.

I live in Michigan and it's to unpredictable, kne day its -10 next day its 60 and sunny. But we generally leave booze outside if it snowed like a natural cooler. Or if you're just gunna butcher it tomorrow I've left a couple 2 or 3 deer carcasses out

From Vermont. We'd leave anything outside if we just were feeling lazy or didn't have room in the freezer or something.

It doesn't really change much like that, I mean you still have your normal habits. Plus if it snows more, you might not remember where you placed the thing exactly and now it's buried until the snow melts.

Why would i fill my freezer?

Only time you really put stuff outside is if you're defrosting and its below freezing.

Yes, but not in the snow. Cold verandah.

When the power gets knocked out, yes.

Alaska,
Ground is frozen all year.
Dig hole in ground and you have a seller.

What's fun is leaving water bottles in a freezing cold car overnight and when you go to drink what appears to be liquid water it's actually super cooled and instantly freezes up when you jostle it. I was shook the first time I saw that as a kid.

no because i live near niggers all they do is steal

this is true

yes, do it all the time in winter. garage, deck. it's all 3rd/4th fridge/freezer as needed. especially around the holidays when there's so many leftovers.

t. minne-"snow"-ta man

I have a bottle of rum sitting outside right now. Its like -18c

What kinda rum?

>Do you ever just leave cold stuff outside in the snow?
Wouldn't be able to find it again, so no.

Attached: Snow in Norway.png (650x366, 422K)

Yes actually,
Sometimes it will be so cold out my power goes out and I have to leave some off my fridge food outside. Kindof ironic

People who say they will put meat outside in the winter have never tried this. You will do this only if you want your shit eaten by animals. They are don't hibernate continuously all winter. Some animal will be out and when they are out they are seriously fucking hungry and looking for food. You might be OK for a few hours when the fridge is out, in an urban area... But if you live anywhere near where wildlife live, they will come and eat all your shit pronto.

Attached: wolf-is-muthafuckin-hungry.jpg (526x700, 682K)