Man, i was turning right, to the side street...

Man, i was turning right, to the side street. And some low life dude on a bicycle riding it on the sidewalk in the opposite lane hit me on the driver door side. The cop said report will come in a mail. What should i expect? I feel nervous, because i was working and in the working vehicle, and my income depends on my license so i cant lose it. No damage on that dude or his bike, but he still went to emergency in their vehicle. Whats gonna happen to me?

Attached: A8952F86-BFD3-4D60-BD66-99AEF5F555DA.jpg (720x1280, 60K)

bump1

bump2

Attached: 250D61E6-B6A4-455A-B2C6-5A7AF81549B4.png (720x1280, 529K)

bump3

Attached: EEB7F132-1994-45D3-B76E-B70EBE0A06AE.png (720x1280, 447K)

bump4

Attached: CB30AF25-A73F-445F-8BDA-7601FDABD34F.jpg (500x750, 72K)

bump5

Attached: 8B828A43-AD1C-4340-80E4-9CFDCE28B890.png (1695x1059, 1.55M)

You'll be fine as long as you can defend yourself

what does that mean? in a court?

bump6

bump7

should be fine, or you could, you know call the police and ask instead of being paranoid like a mothafuka

Attached: 3BD1A7FE-B5FB-40AF-AFF5-CF21B8442B1A.jpg (905x1360, 158K)

i just dont wanna be a pain in the ass for cops, i feel bad right now, because i was trying to make some money to pay my rent, and then this shit happens. And now i wait for thei report to come in a mail

The bike hit you while you were turning?
Like this?
If not, draw it out.
Where you were on the road when you were hit matters a lot.

Attached: Untitled.png (555x310, 12K)

yes, exactly like this, but it wasnt the 4 way, i was turning into side street, from the main road

bump

Attached: D917B17B-DFA0-42A6-9897-4C437FD3B66F.jpg (640x640, 136K)

bumpp

Attached: 58598518-F784-4ED2-A71E-796EEB0E7884.jpg (640x800, 56K)

You are almost certainly at fault, but it does depend on the state, what state are you in?

bump2

Attached: 75CCD210-0F26-484E-AE32-D1F6D425432E.jpg (500x375, 69K)

fuck... Massachusetts

do you know what might happen to my license?

Given that you said it is a "side road", the location was probably not in a business district?

What time did it happen? Did it happen 30 minutes after sunset or 30 minutes before sunrise? (Which is the legal definition of "night")

How fast was the bicycle traveling?

bump4

Attached: 887CF5C1-21CF-4F87-8CDD-406D8488DF32.jpg (574x806, 105K)

Depending on the answer to these questions, you can shift responsibility from yourself to the bicyclist.

bike was going fast, because the dent on the door was big. it was 2pm, and it was in the centre of our town on the main street. But when the cop asked me if the bike was going fast i didnt respond nothing because i felt little shocked about the situation(but kept calm outside)

also the cop told me that they know that guy and he is a pain in the ass and they deal with him a lot

In Massachussets, riding on the sidewalk is prohibited in business districts.

Determine if its a business district, then you can use this to shift responsibility.

Additionally, bicycles must be equipped with brakes powerful enough to stop them from 15mph in less than 30 feet.
If the bicycle did not have sufficient brakes, then this is also another way to shift responsibility.

However, a bicycle crash is considered the same as a pedestrian.

This particular situation is difficult to determine who is at fault because you were both probably not paying attention.

>also the cop told me that they know that guy and he is a pain in the ass and they deal with him a lot

This means that they are already biased against that person, so that is better for you.

It was good to not respond about the speed of the bicycle, because this tells them that you saw the bicycle (which means that you should have yielded).

>do you know what might happen to my license?
You shouldn't lose it, but your insurance premiums might go up.

bump

Attached: 3E967237-4FD3-4BAE-BF13-DA552E5964AA.jpg (593x913, 89K)

thank you for this response, im a taxi driver, and was in a working vehicle and i usually drive about 12-14 hrs a day. May this information help me in relation to insurance raises? i wasnt in my personal vehicle

Attached: C399EC15-08CD-4FC7-AEFB-B77881DF85D2.jpg (560x792, 44K)

bump

Attached: 920E373A-19EE-4CA6-B32B-B4C8E0446A5C.jpg (640x640, 55K)

Your company's insurance should handle it, then.
The company is already aware of the collision, right?

In terms of the liability this is another thing to mention:
If they ask whether or not you signaled, insist that you did.
Doesn't matter if you actually did (though you should have).

It will be up to the police and insurance to decide who is at fault, and if you insist that you were driving safely and the police are already biased against that person, you are likely to be considered not at fault.

However, given that this was a company vehicle, the only way to determine if you are on the hook for insurance/liability is your contract.
If it's "leased" from the company (which lots of taxi companies do), then you might be liable.

If your contract doesn't actually mention anything about you being liable for damages to company vehicles, then your company's insurance should handle everything and your personal insurance rates will not go up.

in combat

yes im 100% know that i have the company insurance, we pay additional for insurance, everyday before taking a cab for a day. And i filled a report in my company. Also the cop didnt say anything about me being in a working vehicle, but he took pictures, so i hope it will be considered etc, i never been in situation like this before. Thank you bro for your responses you helped a lot, i wish you everything the best, thanks for your time.

Well, this is exactly what that insurance you pay for all the time is for.
You should be fine.

It doesn't matter if the cop said anything about being in a working vehicle, when they pull the registration/insurance for the plate it will be your company's insurance.
Hopefully you gave them your company insurance info and not your personal insurance info.

The fuck is up with this bitches ear?!?

Attached: 1D3EE170-0AC2-4C57-9465-FC8CEA70609B.jpg (720x1280, 126K)

they didnt ask anything about info or insurance, he only looked me up on his laptop in his vehicle and thats it, because my drivers license was in my personal vehicle.

Have u tried being aware of your surroundings? He could have easily stopped also or maybe he should stop at all road crossings so maybe he's trying to scam you

just trying to get attention by being "wierd". Shes russian, in russia shes like 5/10, so no one would really give her attention, russian dudes just dont give a fuck.

Why would u lose your license. It's not like u blew a .20 after he hit you

Just wait for the police report, your company insurance will probably want it; that's why they are sending it.

There's zero risk of anything happening to your license, this is just a matter of who pays who for the damages. Most likely, the only damages that will be considered are the ones to your company vehicle.

fuck, exactly man, he didnt stop before crossing the street, should i tell this to cops?

I think if they were giving u a ticket they would've did it on the spot

ill play ps4 and play guitar for today instead of work and wait for report. Thanks, brother.